PDA

View Full Version : Video Games NCAA 09 online dynasty started by HC Chief

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

Lzen
12-29-2008, 09:07 AM
that doesn't make me feel better about getting my ass kicked by Michigan :(

Well, heh heh. Okay, not always. I mean once you have a team that you have been able to recruit some speed to after a few seasons. ;)

KcGopher
12-29-2008, 09:49 AM
oh, and after I play today's game put me on AP starting tomorrow. I'll be MIA for a bit...

at least now you will have an excuse for losing. ;)

Mecca
12-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I know you're Purdue is Michigan a rival for you? If you turn the ball over in a road rivalry game it wil cause the entire team will become rattled and play like crap so that may explain what happened to you.

GoTrav
12-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I know you're Purdue is Michigan a rival for you? If you turn the ball over in a road rivalry game it wil cause the entire team will become rattled and play like crap so that may explain what happened to you.

I'll have to check on that but I don't recall it being flagged as a rivalry game. I just couldn't negate the speed Michigan had and, like you mentioned earlier, my QB is prone to be frazzled easy. He makes some dumbshit throws and misses some wide open receivers. I think he's a basehead. I read something about composure and it either going up and down in a game. Where can you check that?

Mecca
12-29-2008, 03:39 PM
When you pull your play book to see the entire field like say you want to look at your play..I believe you push the right stick down..it'll show either a gray circle which is neutral a blue circle which means he's cold and playing poorly a red circle which means hot or flashing red...

GoTrav
12-29-2008, 03:45 PM
When you pull your play book to see the entire field like say you want to look at your play..I believe you push the right stick down..it'll show either a gray circle which is neutral a blue circle which means he's cold and playing poorly a red circle which means hot or flashing red...

Cool, I'll have to check that. My QB forces me to a certain playstyle because of his errant throws and brain farts; I don't get it considering his arms strength and throwing accuracy are high 80's if not low 90's... Maybe I need to start him off slow to get his composure up and then start trying to go downfield more..

Mecca
12-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Cool, I'll have to check that. My QB forces me to a certain playstyle because of his errant throws and brain farts; I don't get it considering his arms strength and throwing accuracy are high 80's if not low 90's...

In order to frequently throw the ball down the field at a high rate your QB has to have 95+ arm strength and accuracy in that area.

I don't have a QB that can do that either I have to go to short and intermediate with the occasional deep shot.

GoTrav
12-29-2008, 03:51 PM
In order to frequently throw the ball down the field at a high rate your QB has to have 95+ arm strength and accuracy in that area.

I don't have a QB that can do that either I have to go to short and intermediate with the occasional deep shot.

good info

Mecca
12-29-2008, 03:53 PM
good info

The QB I had my best season ever with was Mitch Mustain in an offline USC dynasty...his arm strength and accuracy were both 97 I could routinely complete balls 50 yards down field like it was nothing..

You get a guy with 90s in both areas you see flutter balls...if you have a QB who can do it, you are nearly impossible to play but you basically have to have a freak to get it done.

David.
12-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Gah, my #1 recruit soft commited to Ohio State. I still think I can steal him though. Just have to really press on him.

Mecca
12-30-2008, 04:43 AM
Diddy stealing recruits from me....I shall now punch him in the eye..

I guess that's just the nature of recruiting against someone who has basically every pitch as an elite.

J Diddy
12-30-2008, 04:48 AM
Diddy stealing recruits from me....I shall now punch him in the eye..

I guess that's just the nature of recruiting against someone who has basically every pitch as an elite.

LOL

not every pitch
how many did I get

Mecca
12-30-2008, 04:50 AM
LOL

not every pitch
how many did I get

I'd honestly like to know how you signed a guy who was soft to me and a guy who had no softs....did you literally use all your time on 2 guys.

J Diddy
12-30-2008, 04:53 AM
I'd honestly like to know how you signed a guy who was soft to me and a guy who had no softs....did you literally use all your time on 2 guys.

not even close

I signed 4 guys last week

Mecca
12-30-2008, 04:55 AM
not even close

I signed 4 guys last week

Well you know what I mean, when I have a guy soft to me and give him 3 elite hardsells I don't expect to lose him that week. That was just bizarre I was like what in the hell did he do spend 2 hours on the guy?

J Diddy
12-30-2008, 05:00 AM
Well you know what I mean, when I have a guy soft to me and give him 3 elite hardsells I don't expect to lose him that week. That was just bizarre I was like what in the hell did he do spend 2 hours on the guy?

was that the dt with blazing speed

Mecca
12-30-2008, 05:01 AM
was that the dt with blazing speed

No...it was the guy you thought I was going to sign though...the DT with blazing speed is only being recruited by me and computer teams.

It's not a giant deal I just thought it was odd to see you completely jump me with no soft to sign 2 5 star players.

J Diddy
12-30-2008, 05:05 AM
No...it was the guy you thought I was going to sign though...the DT with blazing speed is only being recruited by me and computer teams.

It's not a giant deal I just thought it was odd to see you completely jump me with no soft to sign 2 5 star players.

Penn State got the bitches

just ask LJ

Mecca
12-30-2008, 05:06 AM
Don't worry I'm still going to pass you for the #1 class....

J Diddy
12-30-2008, 05:09 AM
Don't worry I'm still going to pass you for the #1 class....

I don't know about that. I'm well on my way to signing all my scholarships at 4 or higher.

You know the weird thing. I never recruit a soft commit player. I'm pretty sure I didn't spend any time on the dt last week at all.

Mecca
12-30-2008, 05:11 AM
So the game glitched me out of a player!

I expect to sign between 10-13 5 star players....

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 07:12 AM
after our game last night i stand by my statement. "once penn state dominated conference" :evil:

Lzen
12-30-2008, 07:24 AM
after our game last night i stand by my statement. "once penn state dominated conference" :evil:

Oh yeah? What was the score?

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Oh yeah? What was the score?

49 to 28, but it really wasn't that close. he threw 5 INTs.

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 07:40 AM
our RBs were 1 and 2 in the heisman race. and they both played like it. :clap:

Lzen
12-30-2008, 07:51 AM
Oh, you are talking about the game in the feedback71 dynasty. Well, you have to realize that his Kansas State team in that dynasty has nowhere near the talent that his Penn State team has in this dynasty.

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Oh, you are talking about the game in the feedback71 dynasty. Well, you have to realize that his Kansas State team in that dynasty has nowhere near the talent that his Penn State team has in this dynasty.

yes it was the feedback league. and i cant wait for him to b!tchslap my blue devils. :deevee: hopefully it wont be as bad as the UNC game.. that was ugly. he had too much speed for my team. beat me by like 70. by far my worst loss ever.

Lzen
12-30-2008, 08:13 AM
yes it was the feedback league. and i cant wait for him to b!tchslap my blue devils. :deevee: hopefully it wont be as bad as the UNC game.. that was ugly. he had too much speed for my team. beat me by like 70. by far my worst loss ever.

So all I gotta do is knock you off and I am in the conference title game. :D

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 08:18 AM
So all I gotta do is knock you off and I am in the conference title game. :D

it looks that way. i was nervous about the game last night because i had recruits in attendance. speaking of, thanks for scheduling all the human teams towards the end of the year when i do all my visits. :cuss:

Lzen
12-30-2008, 08:36 AM
it looks that way. i was nervous about the game last night because i had recruits in attendance. speaking of, thanks for scheduling all the human teams towards the end of the year when i do all my visits. :cuss:

Eh, I got the same deal. And you're welcome. :D

Lzen
12-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Actually, I will still have to beat KSU. I don't know who would get the B12 Championship game nod if it were a 3 way tie.

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Actually, I will still have to beat KSU. I don't know who would get the B12 Championship game nod if it were a 3 way tie.

MU

Lzen
12-30-2008, 08:43 AM
MU

Shut up, you.:cuss:

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Shut up, you.:cuss:

:D i'm not sure but i think my games against KU and OU are both at home. that should help my odds of winning a little.

Lzen
12-30-2008, 09:00 AM
:D i'm not sure but i think my games against KU and OU are both at home. that should help my odds of winning a little.

Yes, that should help. Of course, rivalry games can be wild sometimes. OU is down this year, too. That should help you.

BTW, USC was at home when I played them. :D

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Yes, that should help. Of course, rivalry games can be wild sometimes. OU is down this year, too. That should help you.

BTW, USC was at home when I played them. :D

and if i recall i beat you last season @ KU... dang, maybe the road team has some kind of advantage. :eek:

Lzen
12-30-2008, 09:33 AM
and if i recall i beat you last season @ KU... dang, maybe the road team has some kind of advantage. :eek:

You know what the strange thing is about that? I can usually beat a CPU controlled Missouri in any of my dynasties with a much less talented KU team. But I have a harder time beating MU when they are human controlled.

I hope to not repeat last season's debacle. As I recall, turnovers were a big factor. I think my defense has improved, as well. I guess we will see if that is the case at the end of the year. I got you and J Diddy, and Travnasty all within I believe a 4 week span.

Lzen
12-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Oh yeah, and my star HB in the Shredder71 dynasty is out for 8 weeks. :banghead:

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 09:38 AM
You know what the strange thing is about that? I can usually beat a CPU controlled Missouri in any of my dynasties with a much less talented KU team. But I have a harder time beating MU when they are human controlled.

I hope to not repeat last season's debacle. As I recall, turnovers were a big factor. I think my defense has improved, as well. I guess we will see if that is the case at the end of the year. I got you and J Diddy, and Travnasty all within I believe a 4 week span.

Trav should be on auto-pilot so you can count on that for a win. J Diddy game is a toss up. but i don't like your chances at Mizzou. :shake:

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh yeah, and my star HB in the Shredder71 dynasty is out for 8 weeks. :banghead:

my "star" HB gets hurt every week. last year i lost him to an ankle sprain towards the end of the season. without him i had nothing. i'd say 90% of my offense goes thru him.

Lzen
12-30-2008, 09:43 AM
my "star" HB gets hurt every week. last year i lost him to an ankle sprain towards the end of the season. without him i had nothing. i'd say 90% of my offense goes thru him.

Well, I am starting to build some quality depth so it won't kill me. But he was doing pretty well and he is definitely better than the guy that will step in. Oh well, injuries are a part of the game.

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Well, I am starting to build some quality depth so it won't kill me. But he was doing pretty well and he is definitely better than the guy that will step in. Oh well, injuries are a part of the game.

this is true. i just hate when they could have been avoided. like having my starting HB return kickoffs and not even realizing he is out there until it is too late. :doh!:

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 09:48 AM
it sucks being a n00b. i can't even post a thread.

KcGopher, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

STFU

Lzen
12-30-2008, 11:19 AM
I think it used to be where you had to have 100 posts before you can use your own pic in your avatar. Perhaps the thread posting privileges are similar.

KcGopher
12-30-2008, 12:57 PM
I think it used to be where you had to have 100 posts before you can use your own pic in your avatar. Perhaps the thread posting privileges are similar.

thanks for the heads up. i guess i should have read the fine print. :titus:

J Diddy
12-30-2008, 03:41 PM

um yeah, don't even compare how I play with ksu to how I play with Psu. Difference being in the penn state dynasty I have the power to run through the middle and the outside. My k state team is full of 2 and 3 star recruits. I just signed my first 5 star this year.

My Penn state team has approximately 20-30 5 star recruits.

Mecca
12-30-2008, 07:13 PM
um yeah, don't even compare how I play with ksu to how I play with Psu. Difference being in the penn state dynasty I have the power to run through the middle and the outside. My k state team is full of 2 and 3 star recruits. I just signed my first 5 star this year.

My Penn state team has approximately 20-30 5 star recruits.

Does this mean you have major respect that I can beat your PSU team with my team full of 3 star recruits?

Also told you I'd pass you for the #1 class :)

J Diddy
12-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Does this mean you have major respect that I can beat your PSU team with my team full of 3 star recruits?

Also told you I'd pass you for the #1 class :)

I think I'm gonna start running the option more.

We'll see who has the number 1 class at the end of the year.

BTW, your punter and DT say hello.

:D

DaFace
12-30-2008, 08:09 PM

Close. You can get there with 30 posts and a bunch of good rep. Or 30 days regardless. Or a mod who happens to stop by and takes pity on the poor soul and moves him into the regulars group manually. :D

Lzen
12-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Close. You can get there with 30 posts and a bunch of good rep. Or 30 days regardless. Or a mod who happens to stop by and takes pity on the poor soul and moves him into the regulars group manually. :D

Are you that kind of mod? :)

David.
12-30-2008, 09:48 PM
I"ll try to play asap, but my xbox live is being a real asshole.

Mecca
12-30-2008, 10:21 PM
I"ll try to play asap, but my xbox live is being a real asshole.

I have bad news...your RB signed with Ohio State.

David.
12-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah I just saw that. Oh well sucks but I still have a good replacement for next year, I just desperately need a stud recruit next year.

Mecca
12-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah I just saw that. Oh well sucks but I still have a good replacement for next year, I just desperately need a stud recruit next year.

I got 1 5 star commit my first year, you should be ok, aslong as you can pick through the middle tiered guys.

Problem though is maybe it's just me but this years recruiting is kinda blah it seems.

David.
12-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah plus I think if I beat USC I'll jump everyone and play you in the NC. That should help the team caliber. Though I'm not sure if I like my chances online. I can't seem to play online without massive lag. It seems like all my games dc. I'm gonna go over my settings on my router, make sure i have it set up right.

Mecca
12-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Now don't lag me I don't like that....

If you win your conference your star prestige should increase...winning BCS games or National titles increases the level of your pitches though.

I noticed you jumped ahead of Penn State..no offense to Diddy but I don't want him twice in the same year.

David.
12-30-2008, 11:12 PM
it seems to be pretty bad, not sure. But I donno it may just be i'm so used to playing offline. We'll play sometime before then so you can see how it is.

Mecca
12-30-2008, 11:16 PM
It should play close to how it plays offline...the coin toss is always laggy and the kicking is a bit blah to but there shouldn't be any sort of heavy lag where guys freeze or move slow.

David.
12-30-2008, 11:17 PM
want to play one right now to see how it is for you? I play madden a lot so I'm used to a bit of online lag, but this just seems to be a bit worse.

Mecca
12-30-2008, 11:22 PM
want to play one right now to see how it is for you? I play madden a lot so I'm used to a bit of online lag, but this just seems to be a bit worse.

Alright give me a few.

David.
12-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Nevermind I don't really have time, but hit me up sometime and we'll play so you can see how it is. I don't think it makes a huge difference it's just...not quite as reactive like what I'm used to.

Mecca
12-31-2008, 03:30 AM
This is gonna be a race for the national title between 3 of us it looks like...

J Diddy
12-31-2008, 03:33 AM
This is gonna be a race for the national title between 3 of us it looks like...

with him jumping ahead of me, the only saving grace is s.o.s. I haven't looked at his, nor mine so don't know.

Mecca
12-31-2008, 03:39 AM
with him jumping ahead of me, the only saving grace is s.o.s. I haven't looked at his, nor mine so don't know.

The problem you have is..USC is the undefeated #1, he plays them....

I think aslong as I don't lose I'm a lock with wins over 3 top 10 teams and several more ranked teams.

Mecca
12-31-2008, 04:13 AM
I know some of you were talking about going to Heisman at the end lf the last season, if that comes up again, bring it up beforehand and I'll come up with a slider set that will make it realistic because you can't play Heisman on the base sliders it gets all weird.

I warn you though if you are a lesser team playing the computer will become challenging and you'll see user losses to computer teams.

J Diddy
12-31-2008, 04:16 AM
The problem you have is..USC is the undefeated #1, he plays them....

I think aslong as I don't lose I'm a lock with wins over 3 top 10 teams and several more ranked teams.

who are you kidding cock monkey, you're a ****ing lock

the only hope any of us have at a NC is for you to gangrene in your thumbs

J Diddy
12-31-2008, 04:17 AM
I know some of you were talking about going to Heisman at the end lf the last season, if that comes up again, bring it up beforehand and I'll come up with a slider set that will make it realistic because you can't play Heisman on the base sliders it gets all weird.

I warn you though if you are a lesser team playing the computer will become challenging and you'll see user losses to computer teams.

No offense..

Don't want to turn this into your old dynasty where everyone bolts.

Mecca
12-31-2008, 04:18 AM
who are you kidding cock monkey, you're a fucking lock

the only hope any of us have at a NC is for you to gangrene in your thumbs

Now now I'm not THAT good, atleast not with this team yet. Give me another year or 2 when I have that 95+ team rating.

Remember anything can happen, I'm one of the lower rated user teams.

J Diddy
12-31-2008, 04:19 AM
Now now I'm not THAT good, atleast not with this team yet. Give me another year or 2 when I have that 95+ team rating.

Remember anything can happen, I'm one of the lower rated user teams.

wtf ever

You got 2 badass players on O and know how to use them

Mecca
12-31-2008, 04:20 AM
No offense..

Don't want to turn this into your old dynasty where everyone bolts.

LOL, I didn't say to change the quarter length or anything just that if it is decided to go to Heisman you have to make some tweaks to the game unless you want to throw a bunch of INT's and see the computer doing outlandish shit.

The only thing about this game that I find is annoying is the FG power to kickoff power, no one can kick a damn touchback yet everyone can make a 55 yard fg it's all wonky.

Mecca
12-31-2008, 04:22 AM
wtf ever

You got 2 badass players on O and know how to use them

What's funny is I take way more pride in playing defense than I do offense. I got a few more badasses coming in for my offense this year, like I said last years recruiting class was about stocking up my line this years was about weapons.

Mecca
01-01-2009, 01:24 AM
And the march for the National title continues on.

GoTrav
01-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Trav should be on auto-pilot so you can count on that for a win. J Diddy game is a toss up. but i don't like your chances at Mizzou. :shake:

Not so fast there, junior. Wife and boy are coming home today. Congrats us and mom for naturally delivering an 8 lb 10 oz 21" future Heisman winner. It's in the genes.

GoTrav
01-01-2009, 08:43 AM
I have bad news...your RB signed with Ohio State.

I was starting to lose a lot of my 4 stars to freakin Cincinnati and Notre Dame, just over the span of the last week. Who the fork wants to play at Cincinnati?

J Diddy
01-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Not so fast there, junior. Wife and boy are coming home today. Congrats us and mom for naturally delivering an 8 lb 10 oz 21" future Heisman winner. It's in the genes.

congrats to you 4 creating ( I bet that was hard to do, eh?:D) and especially congrats to the mom for the hard work(she had the rough job)

J Diddy
01-01-2009, 09:02 AM
I was starting to lose a lot of my 4 stars to freakin Cincinnati and Notre Dame, just over the span of the last week. Who the fork wants to play at Cincinnati?

a chance to be featured at wkrp, who would pass that up?

Lzen
01-01-2009, 10:16 AM

Congratulations. So, are you ready for me to take you off autopilot in both dynasties? If not, just send me a XBL message and/or post here when you want me to take you off autopilot.

GoTrav
01-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Congratulations. So, are you ready for me to take you off autopilot in both dynasties? If not, just send me a XBL message and/or post here when you want me to take you off autopilot.

I'll try to get on tonight and check everything but it may not be till tomorrow.

J Diddy
01-01-2009, 12:17 PM
oh yeah btw, mecca

Penn state gonna whip some usc tail in da rose bowl..................

Lzen
01-01-2009, 12:19 PM
oh yeah btw, mecca

Penn state gonna whip some usc tail in da rose bowl..................

You at work today?

J Diddy
01-01-2009, 12:25 PM
You at work today?

urgh yes

:cuss:

David.
01-01-2009, 02:33 PM
USC was tough, but couldn't contain vereen almost 300 yards on them. Was actually a lot closer than it looked I was tied at 14 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd with USC driving, but they seemed to just fall apart at the end. Good luck with them J Diddy, they're tough, but I think you can handle them with your team pretty easily.

BTW Think I'll probably jump you after this week mecca. :D

J Diddy
01-01-2009, 02:39 PM
USC was tough, but couldn't contain vereen almost 300 yards on them. Was actually a lot closer than it looked I was tied at 14 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd with USC driving, but they seemed to just fall apart at the end. Good luck with them J Diddy, they're tough, but I think you can handle them with your team pretty easily.

BTW Think I'll probably jump you after this week mecca. :D

Oh I don't even think I'll meet them this year. I was referring to the rose bowl game today.

Mecca
01-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Oh I don't even think I'll meet them this year. I was referring to the rose bowl game today.

USC is gonna lay the beat down...

J Diddy
01-01-2009, 03:19 PM
USC is gonna lay the beat down...

Pete Carrolls tears will be flowing....

Lzen
01-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Ummm.....Diddy. I hate to tell you but........the game.......is getting ugly.

GoTrav
01-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Ummm.....Diddy. I hate to tell you but........the game.......is getting ugly.

ya, makes me think twice about picking a big 10 team for my new head coaching gig in the cp3 dynasty :D

Lzen
01-01-2009, 08:46 PM
ya, makes me think twice about picking a big 10 team for my new head coaching gig in the cp3 dynasty :D

GoTrav? :spock:

GoTrav
01-01-2009, 08:48 PM

GoTrav
01-01-2009, 08:49 PM
called in a favor, took me 5 years to accumulate 800 crappy posts and I'll be damned if I lose em!

J Diddy
01-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Pete Carrolls tears will be flowing....

Well I guess they were tears of joy.

Mecca
01-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Well I guess they were tears of joy.

Hey you need to play your game damn it.....you're playing that powerhouse Indiana.

I got 1 more user to finish out my regular season, I hope he doesn't play like a douchebag.

J Diddy
01-02-2009, 02:12 AM
Hey you need to play your game damn it.....you're playing that powerhouse Indiana.

I got 1 more user to finish out my regular season, I hope he doesn't play like a douchebag.

i just played my game. sorry took so long

Mecca
01-02-2009, 02:30 AM
You were to busy watching porn on your xbox to play your game.

J Diddy
01-02-2009, 02:34 AM
You were to busy watching porn on your xbox to play your game.

nah i was sleeping

Mecca
01-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Wow the Penn State game put you to sleep...I didn't think it was that bad.

J Diddy
01-02-2009, 02:46 AM
Wow the Penn State game put you to sleep...I didn't think it was that bad.
didnt even watch it, i was working

pretty bad, huh

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 07:24 AM
What's funny is I take way more pride in playing defense than I do offense. I got a few more badasses coming in for my offense this year, like I said last years recruiting class was about stocking up my line this years was about weapons.

is that why you ran up the score on Duke? because you gave up two TDs??? don't deny because you was calling time outs at the end. at least if i'm winning big i just run my offense, i dont call timeouts or anything.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 07:26 AM

oh no! no cpu game for me. :( i mean, congrats. :D

Mecca
01-02-2009, 07:38 AM
is that why you ran up the score on Duke? because you gave up two TDs??? don't deny because you was calling time outs at the end. at least if i'm winning big i just run my offense, i dont call timeouts or anything.

Do you really wanna know why I scored an extra TD....

Did I have to do it, nah I didn't...but at the time I felt that I wasn't going to be light or easy. I understand you were losing so in the 2nd half you went to that whole roll out to the sideline chuck it back across stuff.

But I'll be perfectly frank I think everyone else in the dynasty knows this, if you play that way with me I won't ever loosen up and I will run up the score when given the chance.

And I had guys visiting the game.

Lzen
01-02-2009, 08:05 AM
You called timeouts because he was rolling to the side? That seems kinda weak. I will admit that I do run up the score occasionally against CPU controlled teams. But when I play humans, I try to not do that. It's just kind of a dick thing to do no matter what the circumstances. But I'm not going to tell anyone what to do or not do here. Doesn't sound like anyone was doing anything to break the rules.

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:08 AM
You called timeouts because he was rolling to the side? That seems kinda weak. I will admit that I do run up the score occasionally against CPU controlled teams. But when I play humans, I try to not do that. It's just kind of a dick thing to do no matter what the circumstances. But I'm not going to tell anyone what to do or not do here. Doesn't sound like anyone was doing anything to break the rules.

It's a moment thing...a rival team of mine with recruits at the game.

I don't really have a problem that he started rolling when he was losing by a few scores in the 2nd half, I didn't complain about it, I think it's a fair trade off, you can play that way if you like just don't expect me to ever let up on until the game ends.

No big deal either way, that's the only game I've done that in if you go straight that whole way I'll lighten up for the most part.

I guess just call me the ole ball coach.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:09 AM

Did I have to do it, nah I didn't...but at the time I felt that I wasn't going to be light or easy. I understand you were losing so in the 2nd half you went to that whole roll out to the sideline chuck it back across stuff.

But I'll be perfectly frank I think everyone else in the dynasty knows this, if you play that way with me I won't ever loosen up and I will run up the score when given the chance.

what game was you watching??? not once did i roll out and then throw back across (if by that you mean run all the way left, then throw right or vice versa). my pass plays were quick passes to my TE or RB. if nothing was there i would get chased out of the pocket and if still nothng was open i throw the ball away.

in the 2nd half i was running the ball controlling the clock because i didn't want to get blown out by 70 again. i passed a few times to try and keep the ball (e.g. 4th down, 3rd and long) or if i was near the redzone with a chance to score. but for the most part i ran the ball in the second half.

don't get me wrong i congratulate you on your win. i knew going in that i would have my hands full with your WRs. they were 6'5, 6'7 and 6'5 with speed as fast as 97. where as my CBs were 5'10, 5'11 and 6'0 and not near the speed. i just don't want you saying that i didn't play the game right (or whatever you were trying to imply) :shake:

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Nah you're fine, you got a TD on one of those roll to the sideline plays like I said no issue you didn't do that till you were down so it wasn't like it was your strategy. You had one from the left sideline to the right hash but like I said it was nothing to make me bitch or complain about I didn't say anything. Just explaining at the time what went through my head.

It had more to do with the fact that I had guys visiting the game you get a better visit if you blowout a rival.

I'm a heat of the moment person, if I see a run to the sideline chuck it deep play turn into a 60 yard TD I may think "ok I'm scoring now no matter what" it happens.

I guess you can think of me as Steve Spurrier I dunno.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:14 AM

you're right no rules were broken. i just thought it was pretty lame that he used his time outs there at the end but whatever. he had recruits in the stands, hopefully they like that kind of coaching. :)

Lzen
01-02-2009, 08:15 AM
you're right no rules were broken. i just thought it was pretty lame that he used his time outs there at the end but whatever. he had recruits in the stands, hopefully they like that kind of coaching. :)

Hey, you got me now. When would be a good time/day to play?

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:17 AM

Hey you get a better visit for a blowout...

I understand your team is bad and you do what you gotta do it's why I don't give you shit for your RB leading your team in receptions, if that was anyone else I'd poke fun for it.

I don't really have a problem with anything you did like I said, I wanted my A+ recruiting visits more than anything, and yes after that 60 yard TD pass to the RB I did have the, ok I have to score now for the sake of the blowout and just a pride of are you kidding me? kinda thing.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Hey, you got me now. When would be a good time/day to play?

i'm at work so now is not a good time. how does tonight sound? maybe 9 or 10?

Lzen
01-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Let also say a couple other things. Sometimes a team needs a big blowout to help their chances if they are trying to get into the national championship game. While that kind of thing would suck for the team they are playing against, it is somewhat understandable why they would do it. I don't believe that is the case, however.

Also, I said no rules were broken. In reality, we don't actually have any rules per say. Nothing written anyway. Perhaps we should do that. You know, get some things written down for future reference. Like when that Blakeluna guy was cheesing, it would have been nice to point to some actual written rules. Things like no putting in your WR at QB unless you plan to use him there permanently. I had some guy do that to me with OU in another league just the othe day. I still almost beat him, though.

So what say you, fellow players? Any particular rules we should post in the thread header permanently?

Lzen
01-02-2009, 08:26 AM
i'm at work so now is not a good time. how does tonight sound? maybe 9 or 10?

Yeah, I will try to be on around then. I'm not guaranteeing that, but most likely I will be online around then.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I will try to be on around then. I'm not guaranteeing that, but most likely I will be online around then.

which game? MU vs. KU or is my duke team about to take another beating? :grr:

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Well at the time I was thinking about my recruits, but yes I am in a weird national title spot because Cal winning likely has him jump me...I should remain in 2nd but there are more than 2 undefeated teams so I can't be having any hiccups.

He was fine if you roll in the 2nd half down by 20+ to try to make a play I'm not gonna scream out OMG cheeser.

To me cheesing is taking advantage of the flaws in the game design to win not so much the person you are playing. If you drop 20 yards deep every time and run to roll rushers into lineman or roll the the sideline on every pass like it is your game strategy that to me is a very cheesy way to play because you are using the games design to win.

I have personally wondered if it's cheesing to put a RB at QB play where you do the option like the popular wildcat? What do people think of that? I've done that against the computer in an offline dynasty to see if it works.

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:31 AM
which game? MU vs. KU or is my duke team about to take anouth beating? :grr:

Hey you're on some 4 star guys now..progress...

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Hey you're on some 4 star guys now..progress...

?

Lzen
01-02-2009, 08:35 AM
which game? MU vs. KU or is my duke team about to take another beating? :grr:

KU @ Duke. I don't play you in the Feedback71 dynasty this week.

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:35 AM
?

In recruiting you are signing a couple of 4 star guys yes? I know you were on a OLB because I was scanning the list....

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:36 AM
for the most part i think NCAA is a better game than Madden but at least in Madden speed isn't king. in NCAA its usually the bigger/faster team that has the advantage. duke vs. unc is proof. WR's blowing past CB's by more than 20 yards while the ball is still in the air. :eek:

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:37 AM
In recruiting you are signing a couple of 4 star guys yes? I know you were on a OLB because I was scanning the list....

SWEET!!!! go me! :D

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:39 AM
KU @ Duke. I don't play you in the Feedback71 dynasty this week.

at duke? cool. now try not to get intimidated by my 15,000 fans. lol

GoTrav
01-02-2009, 08:39 AM

stop whinning gopher...go for the jugular, Mecca!

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:41 AM
for the most part i think NCAA is a better game than Madden but at least in Madden speed isn't king. in NCAA its usually the bigger/faster team that has the advantage. duke vs. unc is proof. WR's blowing past CB's by more than 20 yards while the ball is still in the air. :eek:

That WR is just a freak, ask Diddy he got owned by him also and he has an elite team.

I dunno what to say about that if there was really a guy that big and that fast no one could cover him, on this years game most of the really fast guys are shorter and the really tall guys are slow he's extremely rare to see.

And don't you know who you're recruiting ;)

Mecca

Are you just saying that cause you've never played me?

J Diddy
That WR is just a freak, ask Diddy he got owned by him also and he has an elite team.

I dunno what to say about that if there was really a guy that big and that fast no one could cover him, on this years game most of the really fast guys are shorter and the really tall guys are slow he's extremely rare to see.

the motherfucker needs to go pro

Lzen
01-02-2009, 08:42 AM
at duke? cool. now try not to get intimidated by my 15,000 fans. lol

ROFL

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:43 AM

hahahaha! "Go Big or GO HOME" lol

J Diddy
01-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Are you just saying that cause you've never played me?

he's trying to get on your good side so when he does play you

Maybe you won't be a dick......

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:44 AM

LOL that game is literally the only user game I played where I didn't knee the ball at the end and my thought was....."shit he scored I have recruits here I need to score again"

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:45 AM

not really. i'm leaving the acc for the big 10. so i sort of lost track of who i was recruiting. :doh!:

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:47 AM
not really. i'm leaving the acc for the big 10. so i sort of lost track of who i was recruiting. :doh!:

The conference defaults back to me then apparently....

There's going to be some serious comp in the Big 10 now.....

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:47 AM
LOL that game is literally the only user game I played where I didn't knee the ball at the end and my thought was....."shit he scored I have recruits here I need to score again"

hey now, i scored twice! and i almost had a FG too... damn thing bounced off the upright. :cuss:

Lzen
01-02-2009, 08:48 AM
It sucks to lose to somebody like that. But look at the bright side, you are going to Michigan next year. Hell, the only reason you had to play Mecca is that you are in the same conference. I would never have scheduled you to play him otherwise with that big a talent differential. Perhaps next season will be more interesting. :)

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:50 AM
The conference defaults back to me then apparently....

There's going to be some serious comp in the Big 10 now.....

i never really stood a chance. most recruits would rather go 9 miles down the road to play at unc. the only thing i had going for me last season (academics) some how dropped from Elite to Great. :banghead:

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:50 AM
It sucks to lose to somebody like that. But look at the bright side, you are going to Michigan next year. Hell, the only reason you had to play Mecca is that you are in the same conference. I would never have scheduled you to play him otherwise with that big a talent differential. Perhaps next season will be more interesting. :)

It's actually not that big....

Your KU team and my team have basically the same rating, Diddy has an elite team. The Cal team is better, I'm pretty sure the South Carolina team is better, I'm not sure what Travs team is rated but basically Lzen me and you have the same rated team.

So it's not that big atleast not compared to some of the others, I'm still on the low to middle end of user team talent.

GoTrav
01-02-2009, 08:51 AM

ha, just razzin Gopher really. I heard the story.

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:52 AM
I can give Trav shit about stealing that 5 star athlete from him...

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:52 AM

even more so if mr. 6'7", 97 speed goes pro :clap:

GoTrav
01-02-2009, 08:53 AM

Your KU team and my team have basically the same rating, Diddy has an elite team. The Cal team is better, I'm pretty sure the South Carolina team is better, I'm not sure what Travs team is rated but basically Lzen me and you have the same rated team.

So it's not that big atleast not compared to some of the others, I'm still on the low to middle end of user team talent.

My team is about an 81

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:54 AM
even more so if mr. 6'7", 97 speed goes pro :clap:

True Soph baby so I got atleast 1 more year....

I should get some credit for him really, I found him in my first year of recruiting the #28 overall WR being lightly recruited and I went for him, I found that diamond in the rough.

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:55 AM
My team is about an 81

I'm an 81 overall aswell....

I don't know where I got this perception of having huge talent, Diddy's team is nearly 20 points better than mine.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:56 AM

boo-hoo-hooo... i had the top recruiting class last year. and have ten 5-star recruits so far this year. boo-hooo-hooo... my team is not rated 99.... booo-hooo-hoooo :)

GoTrav
01-02-2009, 08:56 AM
I can give Trav shit about stealing that 5 star athlete from him...

ya, if I see NC on the list for any of my recruits, I just leave them to you. And South Carolina stole my last 5 star guy too =(

Currently, my draft board has about 5 4 stars I'm still recruiting about 8 or so 3 stars and once I get to 13 on my recruiting board they are all 2 star guys =( I'm disappointed because it looked like I might of had a pretty decent class but now all my dude's are being cherry picked.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 08:57 AM
True Soph baby so I got atleast 1 more year....

I should get some credit for him really, I found him in my first year of recruiting the #28 overall WR being lightly recruited and I went for him, I found that diamond in the rough.

$H!T :deevee:

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:57 AM
boo-hoo-hooo... i had the top recruiting class last year. and have ten 5-star recruits so far this year. boo-hooo-hooo... my team is not rated 99.... booo-hooo-hoooo :)

Shutup you....:)

I worked hard for those recruits.

Mecca
01-02-2009, 09:00 AM
ya, if I see NC on the list for any of my recruits, I just leave them to you. And South Carolina stole my last 5 star guy too =(

Currently, my draft board has about 5 4 stars I'm still recruiting about 8 or so 3 stars and once I get to 13 on my recruiting board they are all 2 star guys =( I'm disappointed because it looked like I might of had a pretty decent class but now all my dude's are being cherry picked.

Eh if you use your recruiting time you can get any recruit you want, you may not sign a deep class but that's up to you. Diddy stole 3 guys from me this year but it's mostly about being able to match pitches.

You shouldn't ever think you just can't get a guy unless his mosts and very highs are things you absolutely suck at.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Shutup you....:)

I worked hard for those recruits.

what they didn't commit when you offered them a scholarship? :eek:

Mecca
01-02-2009, 09:02 AM
what they didn't commit when you offered them a scholarship? :eek:

LOL haha, I wish..Like I said Diddy swiped 3 guys from me this year....and signing a guy at first offer is such a crapshoot, it's being 1st on the list and luck of the draw.

Last year I got I think 1 or 2 guys that way this year I got 1, one time I got 4 another year I got none, it's a major crapshoot.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 09:06 AM
LOL haha, I wish..Like I said Diddy swiped 3 guys from me this year....and signing a guy at first offer is such a crapshoot, it's being 1st on the list and luck of the draw.

Last year I got I think 1 or 2 guys that way this year I got 1, one time I got 4 another year I got none, it's a major crapshoot.

my QB was a hard commit the first time i talked to him. but he was only a 3-star player. i've had some 5-star players commit right away in my offline dynasty. but it doesn't happen very often.

GoTrav
01-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Eh if you use your recruiting time you can get any recruit you want, you may not sign a deep class but that's up to you. Diddy stole 3 guys from me this year but it's mostly about being able to match pitches.

You shouldn't ever think you just can't get a guy unless his mosts and very highs are things you absolutely suck at.

I usually concentrate on my 5 and 4 star guys, sorting my draft board by caliber. I work those guys pretty hard. Maybe I'm not spending enough time, I'm using under a hour per recruit, on them because it seems they tend to get pissed if you talk too much. I usually try to open up three pitches a week and then hard sell them on something they are "most" or "very high" on to get them happy before I let them go.

Lzen
01-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm an 81 overall aswell....

I don't know where I got this perception of having huge talent, Diddy's team is nearly 20 points better than mine.

Well, if get guys with speed, it doesn't matter nearly as much what their overall rating is. You can have young players who may not have as much awr but a shit ton of speed and that is still a huge advantage. Sometimes the team overall rating does not tell the whole story.

Plus, you are a very good online player. That is always the main advantage you have, IMO. You have played a bunch of online games against humans and are used to it.

As for me, I hate playing online games because I always want KU and then some dipshit will pick Georgia or Florida. Why even bother when I know such a huge mismatch in talent gives me virtually no chance to win? Because I don't play much online much (pretty much only when I have a dynasty game against a hum), there are always a couple of factors that screw with me. And these were touched on by David the other day, as well.

A. The lag. If you don't play online much, you aren't used to the slight delay. Offenses are predicated on timing That slight lag screws me up sometimes in online play. It causes me to get rid of the ball late many times resulting in an INT, fumble, or sack that may not have been if we were playing a game on the same console.

B. You guys play defense that has a different look than any CPU team I have ever play. Mecca is especially good at this. I would practice against it more but there is just no way to do it against the CPU. I guess the more I play against certain humans, the more I will adjust certain styles.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 09:08 AM
I usually concentrate on my 5 and 4 star guys, sorting my draft board by caliber. I work those guys pretty hard. Maybe I'm not spending enough time, I'm using under a hour per recruit, on them because it seems they tend to get pissed if you talk too much. I usually try to open up three pitches a week and then hard sell them on something they are "most" or "very high" on to get them happy before I let them go.

yeah i found myself getting a lot of angry football faces and then being hung up on. :spock:

Mecca
01-02-2009, 09:09 AM

I'm going to give you a tip that face has nothing to do with his interest level, all his face happyness has to do with is how close he is to hanging up on you.

And no you shouldn't do an hour a guy unless of course you're recruiting say 10 guys.

GoTrav
01-02-2009, 09:10 AM
yeah i found myself getting a lot of angry football faces and then being hung up on. :spock:

Purdue has a few excellent pitches but no elites. That may not mean sh1t though...

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 09:11 AM
B. You guys play defense that has a different look than any CPU team I have ever play. Mecca is especially good at this. I would practice against it more but there is just no way to do it against the CPU. I guess the more I play against certain humans, the more I will adjust certain styles.

dajeff mentioned how my zone killed his K-State team but i ran the same zone vs. mecca and he outran it. speed is KING!

Mecca
01-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Well, if get guys with speed, it doesn't matter nearly as much what their overall rating is. You can have young players who may not have as much awr but a shit ton of speed and that is still a huge advantage. Sometimes the team overall rating does not tell the whole story.

Plus, you are a very good online player. That is always the main advantage you have, IMO. You have played a bunch of online games against humans and are used to it.

As for me, I hate playing online games because I always want KU and then some dipshit will pick Georgia or Florida. Why even bother when I know such a huge mismatch in talent gives me virtually no chance to win? Because I don't play much online much (pretty much only when I have a dynasty game against a hum), there are always a couple of factors that screw with me. And these were touched on by David the other day, as well.

A. The lag. If you don't play online much, you aren't used to the slight delay. Offenses are predicated on timing That slight lag screws me up sometimes in online play. It causes me to get rid of the ball late many times resulting in an INT, fumble, or sack that may not have been if we were playing a game on the same console.

I won't play people that use Florida or Ohio State, all they'll do is run around with the QB.

I don't think I'm a very typical online player, yes I have a 64-9 online record for ranked games, but I've played almost all my games with SC, I am a straight drop back and pass, play action, run the ball player, I bet all of you can count on 1 hand how many times you've seen my QB run.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 09:13 AM
I won't play people that use Florida or Ohio State, all they'll do is run around with the QB.

I don't think I'm a very typical online player, yes I have a 64-9 online record for ranked games, but I've played almost all my games with SC, I am a straight drop back and pass, play action, run the ball player, I bet all of you can count on 1 hand how many times you've seen my QB run.

so i don't have to worry about you stealing any of my option QBs? :shake:

Mecca
01-02-2009, 09:13 AM
dajeff mentioned how my zone killed his K-State team but i ran the same zone vs. mecca and he outran it. speed is KING!

Well no matter what defense you are in, you have to have the athletes to play it, especially against a freak.

Mecca
01-02-2009, 09:14 AM
so i don't have to worry about you stealing any of my option QBs? :shake:

LOL, I don't run the option much..there's I think 5 option plays in my playbook and 1 of my backup QB's has a good speed rating if I ever want to throw it in as a mix up but no as a general rule it is not something you'll see much of out of me.

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Well no matter what defense you are in, you have to have the athletes to play it, especially against a freak.

this is true. most of your scores came from throwing deep on me. and you had a good 10 to 20 yard on my defender. my zone wasn't working so i switched to a man with 2 deep. that didn't work either. (sigh)

KcGopher
01-02-2009, 09:20 AM
LOL, I don't run the option much..there's I think 5 option plays in my playbook and 1 of my backup QB's has a good speed rating if I ever want to throw it in as a mix up but no as a general rule it is not something you'll see much of out of me.

my QB has speed in the 80's so i run the option a few plays a game. but i quickly found that was an easy way to get a QB hurt. same with my running back. almost all my runs are to the outside and then out of bounds before taking a hit. running up the middle often ended in injury. so if you ever notice me pause the game after a play, its because i was checking to see how bad someone got hurt. :(

Lzen
01-02-2009, 09:22 AM

Oh, I never said you were a typical online player. Just that your online experience gives you an advantage playing online. That is all.

J Diddy
01-02-2009, 01:33 PM

ahem, the time i played you and you were florida

:shake:

Lzen
01-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Hope you didn't think I was running it up on you, KcGopher. I didn't feel completely comfortable until I score that TD early in the 4th to go up 38-14. I was feeling okay in the fist half until your RB started outrunning my defense and breaking tackles left and right. I don't know where you got that guy, but if you had a team full of players like him, you would be unstoppable.

Lzen
01-02-2009, 05:47 PM
And that one INT you got when I thought I was going to be able to go up 24-14 was fucked. I mean, it was a nice play on your part. But my WR had your CB beaten. The QB just way underthrew it. :banghead: I was like "oh shit, this game may be a lot closer than anyone thought".

GoTrav
01-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Hope you didn't think I was running it up on you, KcGopher. I didn't feel completely comfortable until I score that TD early in the 4th to go up 38-14. I was feeling okay in the fist half until your RB started outrunning my defense and breaking tackles left and right. I don't know where you got that guy, but if you had a team full of players like him, you would be unstoppable.

bah, enough with the sensitivity checks on Gopher. He's more fun when he gets all flustrated anyways...

Lzen
01-02-2009, 07:20 PM
bah, enough with the sensitivity checks on Gopher. He's more fun when he gets all flustrated anyways...

Naw. I don't like it when people do that crap to me. I was playing some dude one time online and I picked KU and he took MU. Well, the default ratings of those teams is about 20 points difference. He had the game in hand and actually called TO and a pass at the end just to score again. There was under minute or two left but I just quit. Screw that. There is a thing called being respecatable.

KcGopher
01-03-2009, 07:11 AM

no not at all. and i don't mind teams scoring late in the game. i just don't approve of it if they use time outs to do so. you played a good game. congrats on the win. that running back was on the team when i took over last season. did you notice how slow my team was with the exception of him? i was shocked that i held you to a FG early on when you had 1st & GL. go me! lol

KcGopher
01-03-2009, 07:14 AM
And that one INT you got when I thought I was going to be able to go up 24-14 was ****ed. I mean, it was a nice play on your part. But my WR had your CB beaten. The QB just way underthrew it. :banghead: I was like "oh shit, this game may be a lot closer than anyone thought".

was that at the end of the 2nd qtr? i was hoping to score and then get the ball back at the start of the 2nd half and score again to take the lead. instead i was stopped and forced to punt. :doh!:

KcGopher
01-03-2009, 07:19 AM
in the feedback league you didn't by chance change any of the settings or sliders did you? because my defense had hands of stone last night. :banghead: i had 8 dropped INT's. usually i'll drop one or two a game that i should have picked off, but i never go 0 for 8 in INT opportunities. :shake:

KcGopher
01-03-2009, 07:23 AM
hey Mecca, do me a favor. when you play TyCobb (south carolina) be sure to hold his running back under his avg of 300 rushing ypg. and if you could knock him out for the rest of the season that would be great too. :evil:

Mecca
01-03-2009, 03:48 PM
hey Mecca, do me a favor. when you play TyCobb (south carolina) be sure to hold his running back under his avg of 300 rushing ypg. and if you could knock him out for the rest of the season that would be great too. :evil:

Well I can't guarantee anything but playing a 99 speed RB is a giant pain in the ass...I wonder if he realizes he's going to get that guy for 1 year because he gave him ridiculous stats.

He hasn't been on when I've been on so far...just don't set me to computer cause he'd beat my team.

Mecca
01-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Alright I expect you guys to kiss my ass, I held South Carolina's RB under 100 yards with no TD's, hell it may have been under 50 yards...

Mecca
01-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Oh and everyones done, time for some advancement!

J Diddy
01-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Alright I expect you guys to kiss my ass, I held South Carolina's RB under 100 yards with no TD's, hell it may have been under 50 yards...

lol

KcGopher
01-04-2009, 12:59 AM

nice work

Lzen
01-04-2009, 10:59 AM
was that at the end of the 2nd qtr? i was hoping to score and then get the ball back at the start of the 2nd half and score again to take the lead. instead i was stopped and forced to punt. :doh!:

Yeah, that was the one.

in the feedback league you didn't by chance change any of the settings or sliders did you? because my defense had hands of stone last night. :banghead: i had 8 dropped INT's. usually i'll drop one or two a game that i should have picked off, but i never go 0 for 8 in INT opportunities. :shake:

Nope. I did not change anything.

Lzen
01-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Well I can't guarantee anything but playing a 99 speed RB is a giant pain in the ass...I wonder if he realizes he's going to get that guy for 1 year because he gave him ridiculous stats.

He hasn't been on when I've been on so far...just don't set me to computer cause he'd beat my team.

Naw, I wouldn't do that. I would send you both an email telling you to get it played. Then, if only one of you replied, I would probably put the other on auto.

Mecca
01-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Well I hope you all play quickly since I don't have a game till the conference championship now.

Lzen
01-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Well I hope you all play quickly since I don't have a game till the conference championship now.

Same.

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Same.

If i can get a hold of my competition we'll play it asap

KcGopher
01-05-2009, 01:57 PM
duke pulls off the upset and finally beats a human team. :clap:
Duke 52
Purdue 14

Lzen
01-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Duke 52
Purdue 14

Holy crap! Are you serious?

BTW, has Travnasty played his game in the other dynasty?

Lzen
01-05-2009, 02:10 PM
If i can get a hold of my competition we'll play it asap

Have you sent him a message? I saw you online last night playing another game (Fable 3?) and TyrusCobb popped in for a few minutes. Before I knew it, he was gone. I figured you 2 would have played then. I don't know. I haven't had any trouble hooking up with him for a game.

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Have you sent him a message? I saw you online last night playing another game (Fable 3?) and TyrusCobb popped in for a few minutes. Before I knew it, he was gone. I figured you 2 would have played then. I don't know. I haven't had any trouble hooking up with him for a game.

I sent him a message haven't checked back yet though. Wasn't bitching just stating I haven't hooked up with him yet.

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
I sent him a message haven't checked back yet though. Wasn't bitching just stating I haven't hooked up with him yet.

just checked it and sent him another message, we'll see

Lzen
01-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Naw, I didn't think you were bitching. I just want to get that damn game done and move on. :D

Lzen
01-05-2009, 02:23 PM
BTW, I believe I have you this week in the feeback71 dynasty. That is, if Travnasty has played his game so I can advance the week.

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 03:07 PM
BTW, I believe I have you this week in the feeback71 dynasty. That is, if Travnasty has played his game so I can advance the week.

when you want to play

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Naw, I didn't think you were bitching. I just want to get that damn game done and move on. :D

geez we're flying through this season

sometimes it's hard to keep up

Lzen
01-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I should be around this evening. So I take it that means that Travnasty has played. If that's the case, I should be home and be able to advance in about an hour from now.

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 03:18 PM
I should be around this evening. So I take it that means that Travnasty has played. If that's the case, I should be home and be able to advance in about an hour from now.

He has not yet, i just sent him a message though. he is online just away.

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
damn lzen, you put the whooping to me.

It's getting better though, I'm finally getting recruits that will get me over that 67 overall hump.

2 years, we'll see if I can't make it more competitive.

Lzen
01-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Score was almost exactly the same a the real KSU vs KU game this year. I just scored 3 more than the real KU. I tell you what, I was like "son of a bitch" when you returned the opening kickoff for a TD. I was thinking that the rivalry game thing was gonna take over. Plus, games in the snow are rough on the defense a lot of times. But I kept my composure and then you started turning it over. That always helps change momentum.

Mecca
01-05-2009, 07:11 PM
So did you ever get a hold of South Carolina guy.

Lzen
01-05-2009, 07:29 PM

When I was on earlier, it showed that he had not been online since yesterday.

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 08:08 PM
just beat him 37-26, his freaking rb had a ko return for a td and 127 yds receiving, only 74 yds rushing though and most of those were on options

Lzen
01-05-2009, 08:09 PM
just beat him 37-26, his freaking rb had a ko return for a td and 127 yds receiving, only 74 yds rushing though and most of those were on options

Sweet. So was that the last game to be played this week?

Mecca
01-05-2009, 08:10 PM

To bad you couldn't see my gameplan lol......He had 1 catch on me and he tried the option twice both times he lost 7 yards and never did it again.

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 08:16 PM
To bad you couldn't see my gameplan lol......He had 1 catch on me and he tried the option twice both times he lost 7 yards and never did it again.

2 things screwed him, he obviously expected me to run heavy because he loaded a 4-4 stacked on the line almost every time until i burnt him 3 times. and then he only changed it up on obvious 3rd and longs. Second quarter down by 10 with 7 seconds left in the half and no timeouts he goes for it at the 12. His guy makes a diving catch at the 1, half over. I'd have kicked the fg, personally and had he it would have been a different game.

I know next time I play him I'm gonna devise a better plan to stop that fast ass rb. Geez.

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Sweet. So was that the last game to be played this week?

I believe so.

Mecca
01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
That guy is a RS soph so he can leave, and well with all those stats he has.

Lzen
01-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Week advanced. Since nobody has a game this week (only recruiting), I see no reason why we can't get this done in a day. So please everyone get on this a.s.a.p. and we can move on to conference championship games and then bowl games.

Lzen
01-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Man, this is going to be my best recruiting class. I'm loving it.

Mecca
01-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Man, this is going to be my best recruiting class. I'm loving it.

Diddy swiped some guys from me so in turn I swiped some guys from you...odd year I guess.

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 09:22 PM
frigging dynasty servers are sucking teh ballz

Mecca
01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Alright my recruiting is done.

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Alright my recruiting is done.

me too

Mecca
01-05-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm going for that #1 class again...

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm going for that #1 class again...

we'll see

Mecca
01-05-2009, 11:24 PM
we'll see

Well since you signed the top punter I just signed the next one!

But I have 11 5 star commits so booya!

J Diddy
01-05-2009, 11:26 PM

im like 1 behind you

Mecca
01-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Well I got a few more guys to sign...but my team talent level is going up atleast.

KcGopher
01-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Week advanced. Since nobody has a game this week (only recruiting), I see no reason why we can't get this done in a day. So please everyone get on this a.s.a.p. and we can move on to conference championship games and then bowl games.

tycobb always lets the cpu recruit for him so dont even worry about him if he's holding us up. as for travnasty, i have no clue what he's doing. my guess, he's up to his eyeballs in dirty diapers.

Mecca
01-06-2009, 12:53 AM
And you said it was hard to be Duke...

Lzen
01-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Diddy swiped some guys from me so in turn I swiped some guys from you...odd year I guess.

:cuss: I am trying to swipe a guy or two from you, as well. :D

Lzen
01-06-2009, 09:04 AM

11 5 stars? How do you do that?

Lzen
01-06-2009, 09:05 AM
tycobb always lets the cpu recruit for him so dont even worry about him if he's holding us up. as for travnasty, i have no clue what he's doing. my guess, he's up to his eyeballs in dirty diapers.

Lol. Ok, so I should just go ahead and advance tonight?

Lzen
01-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Heh, Diddy broke my Heisman candidate RB in the feedback dynasty. This is a screwed up year. Both my starting RBs in these 2 dynasties are out for several weeks (pretty much the rest of the season). I don't recall ever having that happen before.

J Diddy
01-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Heh, Diddy broke my Heisman candidate RB in the feedback dynasty. This is a screwed up year. Both my starting RBs in these 2 dynasties are out for several weeks (pretty much the rest of the season). I don't recall ever having that happen before.

a small amount of justice for the beating you laid at my doorstep

Lzen
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Heh, it was your choice to be Kansas State. :p

Lzen
01-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Anyone know what is up with the EA servers? They have been acting slow off an on since Friday.

Mecca
01-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Anyone know what is up with the EA servers? They have been acting slow off an on since Friday.

Eh just being blah I guess, maybe they have new year issues.

And what do you want me to explain about signing 11 5 star recruits?

Lzen
01-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Eh just being blah I guess, maybe they have new year issues.

And what do you want me to explain about signing 11 5 star recruits?

Was it not you that said if a team signs more than a few 5 stars, they might be cheating? Not that I would think that about you, of course. Just found it to be ironic.

As for the servers, I just wanted to make sure it was not me. Of course, I already knew that. The commish of another dynasty said it was the EA servers and I know Diddy and Gopher were having problems with the EA servers, as well. It is an annoyance. At least once we get in, a head to head game still works fine.

Lzen
01-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Of course, I know it helps to be playing in you 3rd straight national championship game. :cuss:

:p

Mecca
01-06-2009, 04:58 PM
The most 5 stars I've ever seen in a year are like 15.....it depends what team you are. if a team that doesn't have a 6 star prestige or has bad pitches is signing that many then you get to the point of possible cheating.

My back to back national titles have increased my pitches and prestige to where I can do that. But I still have issues if Diddy wants to take someone from me because he has better pitches than me, if he really wanted to he could probably sign 15 5 star guys.

I caught a break in a couple of the 5 star guys I recruited had no users on them and were hardly recruited by the computer teams so they were easy gets and I didn't have to focus much time on them.

Lzen
01-06-2009, 05:02 PM
It's conference championship week, btw.

Mecca
01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
And ACC champs...South Carolina is playing his game so everyone will be done shortly.

Lzen
01-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Well, it showed that he was down 26-28 in the 4th quarter. I checked again and he was winning 29-28. Now it shows no results in the dynasty and him not playing a game. WTF?

Lzen
01-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Of course, that could have been any dynasty that he was playing. Not necessarily our dynasty.

Edit: Yea, that must have been a different dynasty he was playing. I just sent him a message. Hopefully, he is playing our dynasty now.

Lzen
01-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Ok, he replied saying he is playing his SEC championship dynasty game.

Lzen
01-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Duke's RB wins the Heisman. Nice job, KcGopher. The top 5 guys all ended up being human controlled. Wish my guy could have been in there, but he got knocked out for the season.

Lzen
01-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Duke is in the Chick Filet Bowl against Tennessee
Purdue is in the Capital One Bowl against Florida
Penn State is in the Rose Bowl against BYU
Kansas is in the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State
South Carolina is in the Sugar Bowl against Texas
California plays North Carolina in the National Championship game

Mecca
01-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Gopher should kiss my butt, my solid defensive effort against South Carolinas RB gave him the heisman.

J Diddy
01-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Duke is in the Chick Filet Bowl against Tennessee
Purdue is in the Capital One Bowl against Florida
Penn State is in the Rose Bowl against BYU
Kansas is in the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State
South Carolina is in the Sugar Bowl against Texas
California plays North Carolina in the National Championship game

Damn if only it was USC.

:evil:

J Diddy
01-06-2009, 07:33 PM
please just tell me when I need to play

Lzen
01-06-2009, 07:34 PM
please just tell me when I need to play

Well, whenever you can. All 5 of us that are not in the championship have bowl games in the same week.

J Diddy
01-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Well, whenever you can. All 5 of us that are not in the championship have bowl games in the same week.

oh so I have a game?

If so I'll play it now.

rah, rah, you bring nothing to this board

rah, rah, urgh

Mecca
01-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Hrm I wonder if I can pull off the 3 peat....I've never played Dave before so I hope his connection doesn't blow or anything.

Lzen
01-06-2009, 07:39 PM
oh so I have a game?

If so I'll play it now.

rah, rah, you bring nothing to this board

rah, rah, urgh

:spock: You channeling Dane?

ROFL

J Diddy
01-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Hrm I wonder if I can pull off the 3 peat....I've never played Dave before so I hope his connection doesn't blow or anything.

With all due respect, I hope he whips your ass.

Lzen
01-06-2009, 07:41 PM
With all due respect, I hope he wipes his ass with you.

FYP

Mecca
01-06-2009, 07:42 PM
With all due respect, I hope he whips your ass.

Now why would you want that?

Oh cmon now does everyone have to cheer against me?

GoTrav
01-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Duke 52
Purdue 14

That game was freaking retarded. I knew exactly what was coming but could do nothing to stop his freakin RB.

Mecca
01-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Oh by the way I have a friend who may want to join the dynasty...he just got a 360 and is still picking up the game he's been a PS2 player for years so he isn't gonna be awesome right away that's for sure.

Lzen
01-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Oh by the way I have a friend who may want to join the dynasty...he just got a 360 and is still picking up the game he's been a PS2 player for years so he isn't gonna be awesome right away that's for sure.

NP. Just let me know when he is ready to join. I assume you let him know how we roll?

Mecca
01-06-2009, 07:50 PM
NP. Just let me know when he is ready to join. I assume you let him know how we roll?

Yea he's a west coaster though so he may be a bit later at night with his stuff.

Lzen
01-06-2009, 07:52 PM
That game was freaking retarded. I knew exactly what was coming but could do nothing to stop his freakin RB.

When I played him, I was shocked at how good his RB was. He was breaking tackles left and right. I did start defending him better after the first quarter or so.

GoTrav
01-06-2009, 07:55 PM

ya, I was a bit busy but more than anything, I needed to take a break after the "sweep the leg", ass kicking Gopher gave me. I was ashamed. If you're waiting on me over the next couple of weeks, go ahead and advance or have Gopher call me prior, and he can give you the go-ahead.

Mecca
01-06-2009, 07:57 PM
If I play someone with stupid RB stats and very blah pass stats I will dare you to beat me passing.

Mecca
01-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Ok my friends name is

Perfect Cr1me and he wants to be Oregon.

Lzen
01-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey Trav, you need to play your game in the feedback dynasty so that we can advance. Then I believe you play me in the last week of the regular season.