PDA

View Full Version : Music So Velvet Revolver's New Lead Singer is...

KcMizzou
08-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Lenny Kravitz? :spock:

Lenny Kravitz Is The New Velvet Revolver Frontman?

August 12th, 2008 8:48am EDT Post a comment Read 1 comment

Lenny KravitzRocker Lenny Kravitz is rumored to be the new frontman of Velvet Revolver after being spotted in a studio with the rock group.

The Grammy Award-winning group have been hunting for a new lead singer after Scott Weiland was fired and went on to reunite with the Stone Temple Pilots in April. And Kravitz is the favorite to replace him.

A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "The band wanted a big name who could easily hold his own and reckon Lenny is just the man for the job."

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/08/12/lenny_kravitz_is_the_new_velvet_revolver

Lzen
08-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Weird. I can't say that I like this idea, but I will wait until I hear it before judging.

QuikSsurfer
08-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Wat

BigVE
08-12-2008, 07:16 PM
That doesn't seem to fit. ?

HypnotizedMonkey
08-12-2008, 08:03 PM
terrible.

Bowser
08-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I saw the thread from the front page, and feared I would open it to read the words "Scott Stapp". So really, this is a positive thing.

Jawshco
08-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Actually I think it sounds kind of cool. He might fit their bluesy sound fairly well.

jlscorpio
08-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Ian Astbury, Sebastian Bach or quit

chiefs1111
08-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Lenny Kravitz is not the new lead singer of VR

From Blabbermouth.net:

Lenny Kravitz has shot down as false Internet reports that he is set to become the new singer of VELVET REVOLVER. The singer told RollingStone.com, "I know and love the VELVET REVOLVER guys but there is no truth to the story about me joining their band."

The UK's The Sun claimed that Kravitz was "spotted" in the studio with the now-singer-less VELVET REVOLVER and a quoted a "source" as saying, "VELVET REVOLVER's new album will draw heavily on their messy split with [former singer] Scott [Weiland]. The band wanted a big name who could easily hold his own and reckon Lenny is just the man for the job."

VELVET REVOLVER bassist Duff McKagan told Billboard.com last week that the band has not decided on a new lead singer yet, and reports that former SPACEHOG vocalist Royston Langdon had all but nailed the job are premature. McKagan confirmed that the group did audition Langdon, saying he's "****ing awesome," but adding that "at this point I'd have to say no" to Langdon getting the gig. McKagan explained, "We just have to make sure it's the right guy. Karmically, we deserve the right guy. It's a tough thing, man. We make a pretty big noise."

BigChiefFan
08-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Lenny and Slash have worked together before, but I still don't think it would be a good fit.

KcMizzou
08-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Lenny Kravitz is not the new lead singer of VR

From Blabbermouth.net:

Lenny Kravitz has shot down as false Internet reports that he is set to become the new singer of VELVET REVOLVER. The singer told RollingStone.com, "I know and love the VELVET REVOLVER guys but there is no truth to the story about me joining their band."

The UK's The Sun claimed that Kravitz was "spotted" in the studio with the now-singer-less VELVET REVOLVER and a quoted a "source" as saying, "VELVET REVOLVER's new album will draw heavily on their messy split with [former singer] Scott [Weiland]. The band wanted a big name who could easily hold his own and reckon Lenny is just the man for the job."

VELVET REVOLVER bassist Duff McKagan told Billboard.com last week that the band has not decided on a new lead singer yet, and reports that former SPACEHOG vocalist Royston Langdon had all but nailed the job are premature. McKagan confirmed that the group did audition Langdon, saying he's "****ing awesome," but adding that "at this point I'd have to say no" to Langdon getting the gig. McKagan explained, "We just have to make sure it's the right guy. Karmically, we deserve the right guy. It's a tough thing, man. We make a pretty big noise."Ah... ok. Well, it did say it was a rumor.

DaneMcCloud
08-12-2008, 10:27 PM
I've been hearing Butch Walker, who I think would be an excellent fit.

Great songwriter, great producer, totally professional and the right age group.

DaneMcCloud
08-12-2008, 10:30 PM

The Cult are recording a new album as we speak. I spoke to Billy a few weeks back and he says it's gonna be "heavy". I loved "Beyond Good & Evil" and he said it's going to be least as good (minus Matt on drums).

VR will never hire Bach. First off, they wrote a few songs back in 2002 and it was too "80's" for Slash, Duff & Matt (Slash, in particular). These guys are interested in moving forward with their music, not backward.

Secondly, he's very close to Axl, for whom he's opened on several tours. They're pretty tight friends and that would not be a cool move for him.

Pitt Gorilla
08-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Langdon would be an interesting choice. Should Axl just bite the bullet and crawl back?

chiefs1111
08-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Hopefully they get somebody that sings great and isn't so messed up on drugs.

KcMizzou
08-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Langdon would be an interesting choice. Should Axl just bite the bullet and crawl back?I'd say I wish he would, but I don't know if he has the chops for it anymore.

KcMizzou
08-12-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm a huge Gn'R fan.. I've just come to accept that what I've heard is all there'll be.

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm a huge Gn'R fan.. I've just come to accept that what I've heard is all there'll be.

There's at least 117 songs recorded to date.

Someday, they'll be released so you can hear them.

beach tribe
08-13-2008, 02:48 AM
Langdon would be an interesting choice. Should Axl just bite the bullet and crawl back?

Axl has social axiety disorder I think.(drugs used to help him overcome it.)

I also think that he cannot just reach back, and pull out that voice he has on command. Never could. That's why he canceled so many gigs, because he didn't think he could come out, and hit the notes that made him famous. When he's on , he's untouchable in his range, whenhe' not, he sounds like he did at the MTV music awards a while back. I don't think he'll ever be in the spotlight ever again.

Baby Lee
08-13-2008, 07:29 AM

Happened to tune in when Bach was on Jim Bruer's show last week and I spent the first several minutes trying to figure out how Bruer got an interview with Sam Kinison.

Jawshco
08-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Happened to tune in when Bach was on Jim Bruer's show last week and I spent the first several minutes trying to figure out how Bruer got an interview with Sam Kinison.

Yeah, they do sound alike, but Bach isn't fat and short.

Jawshco
08-13-2008, 05:04 PM
The Cult are recording a new album as we speak. I spoke to Billy a few weeks back and he says it's gonna be "heavy". I loved "Beyond Good & Evil" and he said it's going to be least as good (minus Matt on drums).

VR will never hire Bach. First off, they wrote a few songs back in 2002 and it was too "80's" for Slash, Duff & Matt (Slash, in particular). These guys are interested in moving forward with their music, not backward.

Secondly, he's very close to Axl, for whom he's opened on several tours. They're pretty tight friends and that would not be a cool move for him.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Sebasitian and Axel have been close friends for awhile. I don't think he'd be down for that.

From all the musicians mentioned, I'd say Lenny is still the most interesting choice. Unless Patton has a change of heart, heheeheheh...

All kidding aside, Gavin has been missing in Gwen's shadow for awhile, maybe he should call VR up. I always though he had an interesting voice. Though I never could understand his lyrics-, "Mickeymousescrotumpouch..." huh? LOL!

Baby Lee
08-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Yeah, they do sound alike, but Bach isn't fat and short.

Or dead.