PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How much are you sold on Croyle at this point?

Wile_E_Coyote
08-16-2008, 09:06 PM
a simple poll to follow

keg in kc
08-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Because one Croyle thread just isn't enough.

Pablo
08-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Sold.

I'll take 15.

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Like Gochiefs, I'm waiting for the poll.

beach tribe
08-16-2008, 09:09 PM
For the 2008 season? Completely sold. We'll see after that.

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2008, 09:10 PM
The over-reaction continues.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Because one Croyle thread just isn't enough.

Excuse me from taking from your valuable Chiefsplanet viewing time :)

cdcox
08-16-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm not even going to think about evaluating Croyle till the end of this season. What good would it do? There is no one else on the team worth putting in.

Ask me in January.

PGM
08-16-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm not even going to think about evaluating Croyle till the end of this season. What good would it do? There is no one else on the team worth putting in.

Ask me in January.

Thread over.

Deberg_1990
08-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I see more Kordell Stewart than Ben Roethlisberger.

Whatever that means.... :shrug:

Nightfyre

Ask me in January.

QFT. I am tired of people fighting the rebuilding phase. Some people would rather be mired in mediocrity.

milkman
Thread over.

No.
No.
No.

He'll just start a new one.

keg in kc
08-16-2008, 09:15 PM
He'll just start a new one.The magic 8 ball says "signs look good".

Wile_E_Coyote
08-16-2008, 09:16 PM
No.
No.
No.

Why don't you go **** yourself

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2008, 09:17 PM
I see more Kordell Stewart than Ben Roethlisberger.

Whatever that means.... :shrug:

That's bad either way in my opinion.

DeezNutz
08-16-2008, 09:18 PM
He looks like a combination of Marino and Elway to me.

Bearcat
08-16-2008, 09:19 PM
50%, securely on the fence.

Season 1: Rookie season with a bad offensive line, no run support, with a Solari/Herm offense.

Season 2: Training camp, plus a few quarters across two preseason games with a new offense.

Come on...

Nightfyre
08-16-2008, 09:19 PM

Well, he looks like a combination of Jesus and Mohammad to me. LEAD ME TO THE PROMISED LAND!!!!!11!!

Tribal Warfare
08-16-2008, 09:20 PM
I said 90%, shit happens that could F*CK up a career

MadMax
08-16-2008, 09:21 PM
a simple poll to follow

I'm not sold on your ability to judge talent. You seem to have an unhealthy hate obsession with Croyle..:eek:

thurman merman
08-16-2008, 09:23 PM
100% sold. what other options are there?

Smed1065
08-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Like Gochiefs, I'm waiting for the poll.

:eek:

Wile_E_Coyote
08-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm not sold on your ability to judge talent. You seem to have an unhealthy hate obsession with Croyle..:eek:

Hate? no. Worried Damon will be behind center with a healthy Croyle on the bench? fairly so

mikey23545
08-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Just as sold on him as I was before two preseason games.

Smed1065
08-16-2008, 09:25 PM

http://scosoft.com/h/i/5f09912f.gif

KcMizzou
50%, securely on the fence.

Season 1: Rookie season with a bad offensive line, no run support, with a Solari/Herm offense.

Season 2: Training camp, plus a few quarters across two preseason games with a new offense.

Come on...I think LJ (and the running game in general) will have a huge impact as to how successful Brodie is.

Honestly, the offensive line has been better than I expected, and that's without Albert.

There have been a lot of positive signs, IMO.

keg in kc
He looks like a combination of Marino and Elway to me.Claire Marino and Jack Elway?

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 09:26 PM
:eek:Well, not exactly like Gochiefs.

(Really need to think before I type.)

keg in kc
08-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Well, not exactly like Gochiefs.

(Really need to think before I type.)Thinking won't keep you from being a latent homosexual, you know. You're born that way.

(let's get this thread into DC!)

Smed1065
Hate? no. Worried Damon will be behind center with a healthy Croyle on the bench? fairly so

This post makes no sense within reality,
oh this is CP.

cdcox

Then your poll should have been: how stupid is Herm Edwards? I vote 100%. In reality I think he is only 50% stupid; but I want him gone so I'll spot him the other 50%

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Thinking won't keep you from being a latent homosexual, you know. You're born that way.

(let's get this thread into DC!)LMAO

You're a dick.

Glad to see ya back. Haven't seen you here in a while.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-16-2008, 09:33 PM
This post makes no sense within reality,
oh this is CP.

There is a difference between hate, I don't hate Croyle. & having no faith in him, which I am running thin on.

If AZ.s secondary is up to snuff, okay. If the bears defense stiffened up, okay.

But so far Croyle, with protection, has been rather useless past the first possessions in these games. Then it seems Herm pulls him before his confidence is shot. edit: hence, he needs to show something in the 3rd game

DeezNutz
08-16-2008, 09:35 PM

I'm sorry. Did I type that? I meant Maker's and Vodka.

tk13
08-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Probably 50/50. I'm not sure we have any idea yet, really. It's difficult to evaluate a QB with poor line play... and maybe more importantly, last year he didn't hardly have LJ. It'll be interesting to see if having LJ running well helps some... otherwise Croyle's had very little support. Can't think of very many QB's that succeed in those conditions.

Smed1065
08-16-2008, 09:41 PM
There is a difference between hate, I don't hate Croyle. & having no faith in him, which I am running thin on.

If AZ.s secondary is up to snuff, okay. If the bears defense stiffened up, okay.

But so far Croyle, with protection, has been rather useless past the first possessions in these games. Then it seems Herm pulls him before his confidence is shot. edit: hence, he needs to show something in the 3rd game

I think he needs to show improvement next week as well (every week i hope this year) .

I just did not understand the Damon Huard playing while BC was on the bench healthy remark.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-16-2008, 09:46 PM
I think he needs to show improvement next week as well (every week i hope this year) .

I just did not understand the Damon Huard playing while BC was on the bench healthy remark.

I reckon this is where I fall back on the Dammit Carl :cuss:

little jacob
08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
it's his team this year. evaluate in january.

TEX
08-16-2008, 09:52 PM
I have very little faith in Croyle. IMO, he is not good enough to start in the NFL.

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Not impressed with Croyle at all. IMO, he is not good enough to start in the NFL.Shocking.

TEX
08-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Shocking.

Hardly, if you trust your own eyes...

RedandGold
08-16-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm 100% sold that he's OUR starting QB, so that's how I voted.

Whether he would start for anyone else is another story...

Bearcat
08-16-2008, 10:12 PM
I have very little faith in Croyle. IMO, he is not good enough to start in the NFL.

There aren't 32 quarterbacks good enough to start in the NFL.

FAX
08-16-2008, 11:03 PM
No.
No.
No.

ROFL

FAX

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Well that ties into how confident you are in him playing 16 games.

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Probably 50/50. I'm not sure we have any idea yet, really. It's difficult to evaluate a QB with poor line play... and maybe more importantly, last year he didn't hardly have LJ. It'll be interesting to see if having LJ running well helps some... otherwise Croyle's had very little support. Can't think of very many QB's that succeed in those conditions.

That's the most reasonable sentence I have read tonight. Everyone else is holding pitchforks and ready to burn down Croyle's house. I'm more impatient with the reaction of Croyle on CP than I am Croyle himself. Remember last year? That was awful ... I am seeing improvement this year, but I guess nobody gives a shit about that ... we must go undefeated and win the SB, and Croyle must throw 50 touchdowns and have 0 intercepts! Jesus Christ!

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:50 PM
That's the most reasonable sentence I have read tonight. Everyone else is holding pitchforks and ready to burn down Croyle's house. I'm more impatient with the reaction of Croyle on CP than I am Croyle himself. Remember last year? That was awful ... I am seeing improvement this year, but I guess nobody gives a shit about that ... we must go undefeated and win the SB, and Croyle must throw 50 touchdowns and have 0 intercepts! Jesus Christ!

Let's wait for real games before we decide if he's improved or not, some of the worst teams in the league have gone 4-0 in preseason.

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 11:51 PM
That's the most reasonable sentence I have read tonight. That's how tk13 rolls.

He's one of the more level headed guys around here.

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Let's wait for real games before we decide if he's improved or not, some of the worst teams in the league have gone 4-0 in preseason.

I agree with that completely. Let's see, we were up 14-3 at halftime on Chicago, and we were tied 6-6 at halftime with Arizona. NOT BAD. Yet people think Croyle is a piece of garbage. I guess the Kansas City Chiefs are one player now. Not a team, one player. Hmm.

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:59 PM
I don't think he's been bad I'd say he's been ok.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:02 AM
we must go undefeated and win the SB, and Croyle must throw 50 touchdowns and have 0 intercepts! Jesus Christ!

CP?
http://scosoft.com/h/p/19910bcb.gif

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 12:03 AM
I guess my point is, even in meaningless games our starting quarterback has contributed to the cause of winning. He's growing, developing ... this isn't good enough for Chiefs fans apparently. I give up. I'll stop defending Croyle, because it's as pointless as defending Herm.

FAX
08-17-2008, 12:05 AM

Here's the problem, Mr. JuicesFlowing. I know it's difficult, but it's time to face the facts. Croyle is a complete failure and always will be. First of all, he was drafted in the 3rd round. Second of all, he's been injured. Third of all, he doesn't complete all of his passes and sometimes he even overthrows a receiver. Now, when a quarterback is drafted in the 3rd round, has suffered an injury, and throws incomplete passes, the unalterable, incommutable reality before us is that the quarterback in question is the poster boy for permanent, consummate, and irreversible suck. The sooner we get used to the idea, the better off we'll be.

FAX

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Here's the problem, Mr. JuicesFlowing. I know it's difficult, but it's time to face the facts. Croyle is a complete failure and always will be. First of all, he was drafted in the 3rd round. Second of all, he's been injured. Third of all, he doesn't complete all of his passes and sometimes he even overthrows a receiver. Now, when a quarterback is drafted in the 3rd round, has suffered an injury, and throws incomplete passes, the unalterable, incommutable reality before us is that the quarterback in question is the poster boy for permanent, consummate, and irreversible suck. The sooner we get used to the idea, the better off we'll be.

FAXLMAO

Mr. FAX is my hero.

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 12:12 AM
CP?
http://scosoft.com/h/p/19910bcb.gif

Chiefs Planet in general ... I give up on defending Croyle. I just think people judge him too quickly ... even though it is known that the quarterback position is the most difficult, and even the best QB's don't start off good. But I guess that doesn't matter. Croyle is not a Trent Dilfer ... he'll be better than that is my guess.

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 12:16 AM

FAX

Ah. Ok. I'm starting to understand ...

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Chiefs Planet in general ... I give up on defending Croyle. I just think people judge him too quickly ... even though it is known that the quarterback position is the most difficult, and even the best QB's don't start off good. But I guess that doesn't matter. Croyle is not a Trent Dilfer ... he'll be better than that is my guess.

Guess? We want facts!

http://scosoft.com/h/Sport/790819cb.gif

Logical
08-17-2008, 12:21 AM

Ask me in January.While I agree with this, I must say that there is little chance he will end up a QB that can take a team to a championship.

FAX
08-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Guess? We want facts!

Damn right. Even if we have to make them up first.

Where is Edgar KC when you need him?

FAX

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Mr. FAX,

I'd like to take this moment to lighten the mood a bit.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g9HnoRgRIwg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g9HnoRgRIwg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 12:27 AM
Guess? We want facts!

We will get them against the New England Patriots.

KCUnited
08-17-2008, 07:39 AM

That's extemely frightening considering Huard is our number 3.

CoMoChief
08-17-2008, 07:52 AM
That's extemely frightening considering Huard is our number 3.

I can almost assure you that CP would not allow Thigpen to be the backup this season if Brodie goes down in the reg season.

There is no way in hell.

KCUnited
08-17-2008, 07:55 AM
I can almost assure you that CP would not allow Thigpen to be the backup this season if Brodie goes down in the reg season.

There is no way in hell.

Especially if we're leading the division after 4 games.

OnTheWarpath58
08-17-2008, 08:46 AM

FAX

Post of the year.

ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
08-17-2008, 09:01 AM
3.2% Like Grocery store beer.

milkman
08-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Hardly, if you trust your own eyes...

Might I suggest that you get your eyes checked?

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2008, 09:11 AM
A lot of us fakevoters, I see.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-17-2008, 03:24 PM
14 votes at 40+ or less & 31 votes at 60% or more. Yet you read this board you would think the pitch forks and torches was waiting outside Brodie's door

~need a mole hill turned into a mountain? Chiefsplanet is the place to be

Short Leash Hootie
08-17-2008, 03:32 PM
There are exceptions to what I'm about to say (Manning, Favre, Brady, etc...) but I'm a firm believer in the system (and surrounding players) making the QB for the majority of teams...look at all of these unbelievable talents (Harrington, Couch, Carr, etc...) who flop all of the time because they are drafted by shitty teams with shitty coaching...

Croyle has had a few years now to learn the ropes, if we get him a power running game with good coaching and a good line, I think he can be a good QB for years to come...all it takes is a little built up swagger and confidence, a few wins and touchdown passes and pats on the back...

We're building this team the right way...start with the trenches, get some good runners...don't put it all on Brodie...I think he can be a good QB...I think we'll be ok at this position.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-17-2008, 03:36 PM
I want to see something out of him beyond the first drive, while the defense is trying to figure out Gailey's razzle dazzle. He's getting time behind this line. This cobbled line deserves some praise