PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who's stock rose/fell this game?

shammus
08-16-2008, 10:38 PM
I threw some opinions up after the Bears game so I thought I'd do the same for this game. Here's what I saw in this week's game. I'm sure there's some stuff I'm forgetting but here's what I could come up with off the top of my head for the time being.

Good -

Turk McBride. Solid pressure on the QB and a couple sacks. This is a great sign since DE is one of those positions we're woefully short on. It would be nice if two of our high round draft picks (Hali and McBride) can contribute this year from the end positions while someone like a Brian Johnston works his way into the rotation.

Mike Cox - finally an actual fullback blocking for our halfbacks instead of a bigfoot/boomer type of convert. Cox looked solid in the running game and had a couple nice catches as well. I'm thinking I wouldn't mind him as our starter one bit.

Running game - possibly the deepest position on the Chiefs. Solid performance by really all that played and this will be an interesting battle in camp. Over 100 yards in the first half alone. Kolby Smith had quite a few long runs and Dantrell Savage stood out once again for the second week in a row. I would think Savage would be less expendable than Jackie Battle at this point but I can see the Chiefs keeping 5 guys IF Savage ends up being their return man, which he did a nice job of tonight.

Quarterback play - Croyle looked pretty decent today. I liked how he audibled at the line of scrimmage and he led us on two scoring drives in the early part of the game. I saw him miss on a few passes and overthrew a couple wide open receivers though. Thigpen was a little inconsistant but led us on a decent scoring drive at the end of the game. He seems to lock on to a target too quickly as well.

O-line -

First string looked pretty good. Taylor looked better than he did last week in my opinion and Waters and Niswanger seemed to hold up pretty well in the run game. Wasn't a big fan of MacIntosh's effort today and Adrian Jones seemed to be running after his man several times as well. Our running game got off to a solid start though and Croyle wasn't running for his life back there so that's what really matters I suppose.

Receiving -

I liked what I saw from Maurice Price, but this was the only receiver that stood out in my opinion. Webb caught a couple though and had a couple decent gains. Darling, for the second week in a row was nowhere to be found. I saw Sippio drop a couple passes and had a 3rd bounce off his hands and returned for a touchdown.

Playcalling -

One thing that I've really liked the first two games is how runs are mixed with passes pretty well. The playbook has been truncated but the offense actually looks much more diverse than it did last year. I even noticed a trick play or two thrown in there that actually worked! Gailey's offense should be a big improvement over our run-run-pass offense from last year. Not saying that will result in more wins, but it's not frustrating to watch as last year.

Bad -

BK Sams -

This guy just looks slow to me and I really haven't been impressed by him this year. He's been outperformed by both Savage and Charles I think as well. I don't see him making the team and I don't think things bode well for Kevin Robinson either.

Backup corners -

Allowing too many big plays. Flowers played pretty well in the game but everyone else from Carr on down was somewhat disappointing. The long pass that gave Arizona their third touchdown was pretty bad. Someone must have blown that coverage altogether because that looked like the easiest touchdown pass you'll ever see a team make against us.

Ugly -

The 2nd string offensive-line group. There was a big shift in the Chiefs ability to control the line of scrimmage as soon as this group came in. Barry Richardson completely whiffed on a couple plays and the others weren't much better. It seemed that the entire line of scrimmage was shoved into the backfield on each play for the first two drives after the starters left.

BigRock
08-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Savage: *****
Gailey: ****
LJ: ****
O-line: ****
Flowers: ****
Turk: ***
Cox: **

Sippio: -***
Barth: -**
Carr: -*

Nightfyre
08-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Rookie Corners make mistakes. Its gonna take a lot of patience to get through this year, imo.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Great to hear the backs looked so good and the electric Jamaal Charles didn't even play. Pretty good stable this team has.

O-line looking up even without Albert and the D holding thier own without a healthy Dorsey. Good news.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-16-2008, 11:01 PM
The coaches need to let Croyle audible out of EVERY play if need be, not just 16 or so like Pearson said in the telecast. EVERY play. He's on a Jake Plummer leash or something.

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Great to hear the backs looked so good and the electric Jamaal Charles didn't even play. Pretty good stable this team has.

O-line looking up even without Albert and the D holding thier own without a healthy Dorsey. Good news.Yeah, we're stacked at RB. Gonna have to cut a good talent there.

And the starting O-line did look good, even without Albert.

Great news, IMO. Everything starts with blocking and the run game.

Molitoth
08-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Sippio will now be cut.

Molitoth
08-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Thigpen looked great.

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Rookie Corners make mistakes. Its gonna take a lot of patience to get through this year, imo.Flowers did more good than bad, IMO. He's gonna be a quality corner in no time. A pro bowler in a year or three, IMO.

He got burnt a couple times, but that's to be expected. I like the kid.

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Thigpen looked great....for a 3rd down running back.

Molitoth
08-16-2008, 11:13 PM
...for a 3rd down running back.

exactly! ;)

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 11:14 PM
exactly! ;)LMAO

Glad to see we're on the same page.

dj56dt58
08-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Dorsey didn't play much, but looked dominant when he was in there

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Dorsey didn't play much, but looked dominant when he was in thereDouble teamed right off the bat, yet he still caused a little havoc.

That's all you can ask, really.

shammus
08-16-2008, 11:21 PM
I did see Dorsey contribute on a couple back-to-back plays. On the first, he clogged the middle and stuffed the RB at the line of scrimmage. The next play he was double teamed which allowed a couple linebackers to shoot through the gaps. I believe we got a sack out of that play if I remember correctly....

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 11:23 PM
I did see Dorsey contribute on a couple back-to-back plays. On the first, he clogged the middle and stuffed the RB at the line of scrimmage. The next play he was double teamed which allowed a couple linebackers to shoot through the gaps. I believe we got a sack out of that play if I remember correctly....yep.

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:42 PM
The coaches need to let Croyle audible out of EVERY play if need be, not just 16 or so like Pearson said in the telecast. EVERY play. He's on a Jake Plummer leash or something.

I think that's a pretty good comparison for Croyle...

pr_capone
08-16-2008, 11:45 PM
For me....

Risers

Savage stock rose dramatically. Someone who actually wants to return the ball in the kicking game and would make a great e-back if/when we run Larry into the ground and he gets hurt again.

Price stock rose to the point I would be fine with it if he were named #2 or #3. Darling should not even be on the team. (STFU Wendler)

Cox impressed me greatly today. Seems like he is a perfect fir with Chan and I am plenty fine with that. Showed soft hands and the ability to come down with the ball and not panic... even after muffing an easy catch. Looks like a hard nose blocker who did extremely well opening holes for LJ & Kolby.

Kolby Smith should be the #2 RB going into the season. If LJ were to go down again this year, I would not be panic stricken as I was last year before Smith simply tore up the Raiders.

Patterson showed great presence of mind to strip that ball. I still think he can turn out to be a real player for us... even if only as a backup.

Turk McBride simply wowed me today. Showed he deserved the starting spot at LDE. Glad he grew a beard so that he does not look like a gigantic 16 year old anymore.

Fallers

Bowe - BLOCK GOD DAMMIT. If there was any one thing that I see sorely missing from Bowe's game is that he will not block down field. If he has, then I have missed it but hopping around like a god damned bunny rabbit when LJ could have busted through for a bigger run had he just had a block pissed me off.

Still a f00king stud WR tho...

Anthony Alabi / Tre Stallings- Jordan Black is available... isnt he? We should look into it.

Connor Barth - I believe he just lost his job today. Novak is still a young enough guy and was getting better distance on his KO and DID NOT MISS FG. Yeah, 46 yards isnt exactly a gimmie but the kid needed to be perfect for me to want another rookie K.

Darling - Was he even at the stadium tonight? The dude is a ghost... the last thing we need at the #2 spot is someone who does nothing to take the pressure off of Bowe. Gimmie Price or Franklin over this asshole. Hell... Sippio over Darling.

BJ Sams - What another worthless pile of shit we have back there returning kicks. Cut his ass and make room for Savage in ST as a return man.

Battle - Practice squad at BEST, though if he were cut I do not think we would see him resurface anywhere but the CFL or AFL.

KCrockaholic
08-16-2008, 11:47 PM
its to bad, this was basically Sippio's nail in the coffin. hey, he did it to himself.

on the other hand, i love Dantrell Savage. i thought he was fun to watch in college, and watching him return that nice 45 yarder, and complete that swift catch and spin play was awesome...i gotta say, i love our HB's this year.

Chief Chief
08-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Sippio will now be cut.

But he's good enough to be the #1 WR of our Brigade!!

FAX
08-17-2008, 12:01 AM
What did SIPPIO!!! do that was so awful?

FAX THE MISSED THE ENTIRE GAME PRETTY MUCH

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 12:01 AM

Tipped a pass on 3rd down that led to a pick 6 and killed any hope for a W.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:02 AM

Dropped 2 passes and had one that "great" hands would have caught. IIRC

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:02 AM

FAX THE MISSED THE ENTIRE GAME PRETTY MUCHDropped passes... and his hands are about all he's got going for him.

One bounced off his hands for an INT.

DeezNutz
08-17-2008, 12:03 AM

Two drops. One that looked like it would have led (lead according to Planet lexicon) to a touchdown.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-17-2008, 12:04 AM

Dropped two passes, had another bounce off his hands for a pick six.

Then he eased up the last 15 meters of the 100 and cost himself a chance to break 9.60

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Two drops. One that looked like it would have led (lead according to Planet lexicon) to a touchdown.

Yeah... I think he got the idea of what took place from the first 3 replies.

:D

DeezNutz
08-17-2008, 12:05 AM

Dropped two passes.

DeezNutz

He dropped two ****ing passes. Did you get that Fax. No Mr. Two ****ing passes.

BigRock
Darling - Was he even at the stadium tonight? The dude is a ghost...

If memory serves, he beat a DB down the sideline on the 2nd or 3rd series, and Brodie overthrew him.

FAX
ROFL

Ouch. Well, SIPPIO!!! may have just gone to lower case.

FAX

DeezNutz
08-17-2008, 12:06 AM

I'd like to apologize for my behavior. He dropped two passes, Mr. Sir.

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Dropped two passes.

He dropped two ****ing passes. Did you get that Fax. No Mr. Two ****ing passes.

ROFLROFLROFL

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:08 AM
If memory serves, he beat a DB pretty good down the sideline on the 2nd or 3rd series, and Brodie overthrew him.Admittedly, there was that. But Darling did himself no favors tonight. There were several catchable balls thrown his way, and he failed...

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 12:13 AM

He's done. He did no wrong the past year, and he was still walking a thin line. He dropped some passes tonight with the third string. Ouch.

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Admittedly, there was that. But Darling did himself no favors tonight. There were several catchable balls thrown his way, and he failed...

I'm not impressed with Darling at all. Price, yes ...

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 12:14 AM
If memory serves, he beat a DB down the sideline on the 2nd or 3rd series, and Brodie overthrew him.

Overthrew him by a good bit too IIRC. But an incomplete pass on what seemed like the only time he managed to get open is not enough to warrant having him at the #2 spot.... at least in my opinion.

I would like for the #2 WR to be an actual threat of some sort... not just someone filling a roster spot. Hell... we had Sammie Parker for that.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm not impressed with Darling at all. Price, yes ...Agreed.

Price might just earn himself a spot.

Phobia
08-17-2008, 12:26 AM
I believe John Paul Foschi just played himself off the team. Haven't seen that name in this thread yet.

FAX
08-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Speaking of Foschi, have we cut Dic yet?

FAX

Phobia
08-17-2008, 12:32 AM

FAX

No, but I think I recall him making a positive contribution at least once. I can't be certain it was him but if memory serves...

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:37 AM
More than once actually. Herm loves Dic.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:37 AM

FAXIs this a jewish thing?

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Is this a jewish thing?

I should be surprised?

BigRock
08-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Admittedly, there was that. But Darling did himself no favors tonight. There were several catchable balls thrown his way, and he failed...

Looking at the stats, Darling was targed on 3 passes: a first down where Brodie overthrew him and nearly threw an INT, the sideline pass I mentioned (again on Brodie), and Darling was listed as the intended receiver when they got near the goalline and Brodie just threw it out the back of the endzone.

Which of those passes were catchable? How did he fail?

Honestly, what is this thing people have with trashing the guy? It's like people expected him to explode off the screen during a few series in the preseason. Gonzalez and Bowe have a combined 3 catches for 20 yards in two games, so they aren't exactly showing up either. Should we be in a panic? Or are they maybe mostly just running short stuff that isn't giving the guys much opportunity?

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Looking at the stats, Darling was targed on 3 passes: a first down where Brodie overthrew him and nearly threw an INT, the sideline pass I mentioned (again on Brodie), and Darling was listed as the intended receiver when they got near the goalline and Brodie just threw it out the back of the endzone.

Honestly, what is this thing people have with trashing the guy? It's like people expected him to explode off the screen during a few series in the preseason. Gonzalez and Bowe have a combined 3 catches for 20 yards in two games, so they aren't exactly showing up either. Should we be in a panic? Or are they maybe mostly just running short stuff that isn't giving the guys much opportunity?

The difference is that Gonzales and Bowe are proven commodities. We know what they are capable of and we know that they are going to show up on week 1.

In 2 preseason games Darling has failed to show even an inkling of why we signed him to be our #2 guy. His job as the #2 is not set in stone so he should be doing everything possible to "explode off the screen" and earn the #2 spot.

Franklin has shown that he wants the job... Price certainly has shown he wants the job. Darling.... not so much.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:56 AM
The difference is that Gonzales and Bowe are proven commodities. We know what they are capable of and we know that they are going to show up on week 1.

In 2 preseason games Darling has failed to show even an inkling of why we signed him to be our #2 guy. His job as the #2 is not set in stone so he should be doing everything possible to "explode off the screen" and earn the #2 spot.

Franklin has shown that he wants the job... Price certainly has shown he wants the job. Darling.... not so much.Exactly. :clap:

Mecca
08-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Yea that Darling hype is what it was, hype, there's a reason he rarely got on the field up in Baltimore.

Deberg_1990
08-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Yea that Darling hype is what it was, hype, there's a reason he rarely got on the field up in Baltimore.

Why was Darling just handed a starting job? What has he proven in the NFL?

Doesnt matter much i guess, i fully expect the #2,3 and 4 WR's to rotate quite a bit.

DeezNutz
08-17-2008, 01:17 AM
I don't understand the angst surrounding Darling. Franklin will be the #2 soon enough. If I were to guess, probably by week #3 if he's not starting in NE.

BigRock
08-17-2008, 01:26 AM

So are you saying they aren't putting up any stats now because they aren't trying? They're just coasting along? I don't think that's the case. I think from watching the games, it's pretty clear they aren't calling a lot that's going to take advantage of the guys who are going down the field. They've tried a time or two, but overall, I think Mike Cox is probably the leading receiver right now, and that should speak for itself.

When Bowe and Gonzalez aren't getting many opportunities, it's kinda nutty to expect Darling to have any.

In 2 preseason games Darling has failed to show even an inkling of why we signed him to be our #2 guy.

How do you expect a receiver to show anything when he hasn't been thrown any balls he can catch? Do you not see the absurdity of this?

Answer me this one question: if the perfectly thrown ball that Brodie threw to Will Franklin on 3rd and 15 last week had sailed over Franklin's head for an incompletion, how would you support the statement that Franklin is proving he wants the #2 job? The one catch he had in this week's game was a nice grab, but nobody would be declaring him the #2 over it.

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 01:48 AM
So are you saying they aren't putting up any stats now because they aren't trying? They're just coasting along? I don't think that's the case. I think from watching the games, it's pretty clear they aren't calling a lot that's going to take advantage of the guys who are going down the field. They've tried a time or two, but overall, I think Mike Cox is probably the leading receiver right now, and that should speak for itself.

When Bowe and Gonzalez aren't getting many opportunities, it's kinda nutty to expect Darling to have any.

How do you expect a receiver to show anything when he hasn't been thrown any balls he can catch? Do you not see the absurdity of this?

Do you really think that Herm and Chan are going to put their 2 biggest receiving threats in more danger than what they have to for a meaningless game?

No, I don't think that Gonzo & Bowe are dogging it... but I can almost guarantee that they have been told to not try and climb the ladder for a pass or put themselves in a situation where they will take unnecessary blow.

With that said, I would expect every last WR and TE not named Gonzalez and Bowe to put in every ounce of effort into getting open, making the catch, and gaining yards after said catch. If the ball is not thrown to you, then find someone and knock their block off. Do SOMETHING to stand out. Darling had failed to do any of that.

Answer me this one question: if the perfectly thrown ball that Brodie threw to Will Franklin on 3rd and 15 last week had sailed over Franklin's head for an incompletion, how would you support the statement that Franklin is proving he wants the #2 job? The one catch he had in this week's game was a nice grab, but nobody would be declaring him the #2 over it.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure Franklin has done anything to deserve the #2 spot. I'm not calling for Franklin to get the #2 spot. At the moment, I would put Price in the #2 spot ahead of either of them. BUT, the fact that he managed to get open and took a massive hit, AND held on to the ball speaks volumes to me.

Had he not done that, I still would be under the impression that Darling needs to be lower in the depth chart due to his inability to do anything above average. He is having the same problem here that he did in Baltimore.... his problem is that he is an average WR. Average WRs make shitty #2 WRs.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 01:53 AM
I don't understand the angst surrounding Darling. Franklin will be the #2 soon enough. If I were to guess, probably by week #3 if he's not starting in NE.

?

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 02:08 AM

FAX

I saw him on the sideline. I was pretty impressed with that, given all of the previous dick jokes. It was like seeing a celebrity. Someone needs to bump that thread ...

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 02:22 AM

Darling on the over pass just ran his route and stood there on the goal line. Brodie was looking for someone to get open and he just stayed in his route, if he would have broken off and went to the corner of the end zone he had a touchdown.

BigRock
08-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Do SOMETHING to stand out.

Stand out to who? Us? Posters on Chiefsplanet?

BUT, the fact that he managed to get open and took a massive hit, AND held on to the ball speaks volumes to me.

Yeah, Franklin made a great play. And if that ball had sailed over his head, he would have never had the chance to show that he could make a big play like that.

I'm not saying you were pushing Franklin as the #2, but you said he's shown that he wants the job. I'm saying that without that play, what "something" has Franklin done to stand out? And he was only able to stand out on that play because Brodie gave him a ball to catch.

Darling hasn't had that opportunity. If he gets that chance and blows it, I'll be riding shotgun on the F**k Off Devard bandwagon. But the guy hasn't been given a single ball to catch. Let's at least wait until he screws something up before we're asking Ray Farmer to take his playbook.

And if Brodie doesn't overthrow that sideline route, we probably aren't even having this conversation.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-17-2008, 02:32 AM
Maurice Price stock continues to rise. If we chose webb over him, then im gonna be pissed for a while.

Sure-Oz
08-17-2008, 02:46 AM
Atleast Sip can play for the brigade and stay with Bowe in Lees Summit

Sure-Oz
08-17-2008, 02:46 AM
Maurice Price stock continues to rise. If we chose webb over him, then im gonna be pissed for a while.

Price better make it, he keeps on impressing

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Stand out to who? Us? Posters on Chiefsplanet?

Sure! Savage has managed to stand out to the posters here on CP. Price has managed to stand out to the posters here on CP. Kolby has managed to stand out to the posters here on CP. Turk McBride has managed to stand out to the posters here on CP... why should Darling be any different?

I believe that the membership at CP (read: regular posters) have an above average knowledge of the game and understand it at a higher level than the casual fan. Yes... I would like for him to stand out to the posters on CP.

Yeah, Franklin made a great play. And if that ball had sailed over his head, he would have never had the chance to show that he could make a big play like that.

I'm not saying you were pushing Franklin as the #2, but you said he's shown that he wants the job. I'm saying that without that play, what "something" has Franklin done to stand out? And he was only able to stand out on that play because Brodie gave him a ball to catch.

He got open which is a hell of a lot more than I can say about Darling.

"IF" the ball had sailed over his head... "IF" Croyle had not overthrown Darling... "IF" Darling were given more opportunities.

Honestly now, these games is about proving that you are able to do your job. Assessing players by using the word "IF" to start your sentence is asinine. (not calling you an ass here). The entire landscape of our depth chart could be entirely revamped if we constantly used the word "If".

"If" LJ had not been injured last year, we probably would not have drafted Charles in the last draft and used a pick on a player who will likely be a 3rd stringer for a while.

"IF" Sammie Parker had hands that matched his speed, this conversation would be moot.

"IF" We had drafted Nate Kaeding or Nick Hardwick instead of Kris Wilson, we would have been set for years to come at either position.

The word "IF" should not even come into play in this discussion because as easily that we could suppose "IF" Croyle had not overthrown him... we could just as easily have been saying... "IF" Darling had only caught that ball.

The simple fact is that Franklin *DID* put himself in the position to make that catch. He *DID* get open. He *DID* catch the ball. He *DID* hang on to it despite getting pounded. Because of what he *DID* I will happily proclaim that he is showing that he wants the job.

Now... "IF" Darling decides to show up for the next 2 games and actually try to contribute, I will gladly change my tune but I refuse to just hand over the #2 WR job to someone based of "IF"s.

Darling hasn't had that opportunity. If he gets that chance and blows it, I'll be riding shotgun on the F**k Off Devard bandwagon. But the guy hasn't been given a single ball to catch. Let's at least wait until he screws something up before we're asking Ray Farmer to take his playbook.

And if Brodie doesn't overthrow that sideline route, we probably aren't even having this conversation.

I never said I wanted him gone... I said "Darling needs to be lower in the depth chart due to his inability to do anything above average".

I have to disagree with you, though, when you say that he has not had the opportunity. He has played all through mini camp and 2 preseason games. That is plenty opportunity for him and more than most will ever get... and he is blowing it by not producing in the role he has been placed in.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 03:00 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only one who see this.

Huffman83
08-17-2008, 03:19 AM
To be honest. I think Franklin will work a whole lot better in the slot position where he'll be covered by an out of position safety, a too slow LB or possibly a 3rd or 4th string DB.

#2?.....We'll see.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 03:37 AM
To be honest. I think Franklin will work a whole lot better in the slot position where he'll be covered by an out of position safety, a too slow LB or possibly a 3rd or 4th string DB.

#2?.....We'll see.

QFT

Huffman83
08-17-2008, 03:40 AM
QFT

oh here.... and cut Sippio. Better?

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 03:42 AM
oh here.... and cut Sippio. Better?

QFT = Quoted For Truth

Smed was saying he agreed with you.

Huffman83
08-17-2008, 03:44 AM
oh I know!!! I'm just saying....cut Sippio. No reason!

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 03:46 AM
Yes Sippio cut himself tonight.

Huffman83
08-17-2008, 03:48 AM
I'm watching the Thigpen pass to Sippio where if he did catch it...guaranteed paydirt. But I can't really tell if it was Thigpen or Sippio who F#$ked it up.

But I'm an asshole...and if your job is to catch the ball and it's in your area. You catch it.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 03:52 AM
Would not be so bad if the only reason he is here is "hands". Surely he was not worried bout seperation against third stringers.

That play cut him but he did have 2 drops as well earlier, IIRC.

An asshole on the planet? No way.

Huffman83
08-17-2008, 03:55 AM
An asshole on the planet? No way.

Good point. But I'll admit that I couldn't be a WR in any league. But I know how to do my job and I know how to tell drunk college students that they need to shut the **** up and not call 911 when they can't find their car.

Because that's how I roll.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 03:58 AM
Good point. But I'll admit that I couldn't be a WR in any league. But I know how to do my job and I know how to tell drunk college students that they need to shut the **** up and not call 911 when they can't find their car.

Because that's how I roll.

If they are drunk, who needs a car. I called 911 when I could not find targets.

To be PC. LOL

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2008, 04:22 AM
Yes Sippio cut himself tonight.

Was it a slow bleed?

CupidStunt
08-17-2008, 07:25 AM
Dorsey was absolutely dominant.

milkman
08-17-2008, 07:25 AM
I think that's a pretty good comparison for Croyle...

You know, if Plummber had ever taken his head out of his ass, he would have been a pretty good QB.

Priest31kc
08-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Darling did get open twice...and Brodie missed him. The second one would have been a 60 yard TD. I dont understand the Darling bashing either, its been 2 pre season games and Brodie Croyle was 7 for 13 last night for 30 something yards and not one completion over 7 yards, so pretty much no one did anything last night receiving wise.

KCUnited
08-17-2008, 08:27 AM
I was impressed by the lack of penalties. Thats a good sign for a young team. The illegal contact on Gonzo wasn't his fault, he was expecting the ball to be thrown. This team is going to need all the help they can get without shooting themselves in the foot.

TEX
08-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Darling did get open twice...and Brodie missed him. The second one would have been a 60 yard TD. I dont understand the Darling bashing either, its been 2 pre season games and Brodie Croyle was 7 for 13 last night for 30 something yards and not one completion over 7 yards, so pretty much no one did anything last night receiving wise.

Yep.

MGRS13
08-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Looking at the stats, Darling was targed on 3 passes: a first down where Brodie overthrew him and nearly threw an INT, the sideline pass I mentioned (again on Brodie), and Darling was listed as the intended receiver when they got near the goalline and Brodie just threw it out the back of the endzone. not only is Darling a bad WR hes lazy. The long pass that Croyle over threw him the DB gave him to the safety he didnt beat anybody the other two passes Darling didnt run his route he walked it. The pass in the endzone Croyle had no choice but throw it away. Darling wasnt even attempting to make a play he just ran up to the front corner of the endzone and stopped didnt turn or try to make a play.

gblowfish
08-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Ten Observations:

1) Flowers will be OK. Good that they pick on him now. Imagine what Brady's gonna do to him in the opening game. QBs picked on Kevin Ross when he was a rookie, and he turned out just fine.

2) Herb Taylor's doing OK filling in for Albert, but he maxes out as a backup. Can't have a guy like that in your starting O-Line. We'll need to draft two more linemen again next year. If we have any injuries on the front line, we're screwed.

3) Savage could be the next Dante Hall.

4) Tamba Hali needs to tackle better. He lost two or three sacks last year when he couldn't bring the QB down. Doesn't matter if you get to the QB if you can't wrap him up.

5) Barth Novak (take your pick) is the next Dave Rayner. We need a placekicker equivalent to Colquitt as punter. Can't be a contender without a money kicker.

6) Croyle is looking very Bill Kenney like. He threw a 6 yard pass on third and nine. Everybody runs past the sticks on third down. Let me repeat that: EVERYBODY runs past the sticks on third down. Throwing that pass is like leaving a putt a foot short. What's the point?

7) DJ needs to step up his game this year. We need an impact linebacker, somebody who can change the game. Haven't had one since DT.

8) LJ runs as angry as any back in the NFL. If he can stay healthy, and get enought touches, he'll get 1000 yards easy.

9) WTF is with Dick Curl? He's the Chiefs version of Dick Cheney.

10) Oh Black Betty, bamba lamb....

KCUnited
08-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Not only is LJ running hard, but that was the best I've ever seen him block, last night.

angelo
08-17-2008, 09:16 AM
L.J. missed a couple of easy blocks. He looked very hit and miss to me.

Ang

milkman
08-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Now that's what I call shrewd and in-depth analysis. Why didn't I think of that?
ROFL

Because you're a dumbass.

KCJohnny
08-17-2008, 10:53 AM
After 2 PS games, I don't see Jeff Webb or Devard Darling doing anything to beat out Maurice Price. Price is the real deal.

shammus
08-17-2008, 11:01 AM
I agree, two preseason games is not nearly enough to glorify or condemn Devard Darling. I think though that part of the frustration surrounding him so far comes from the fact that he is our most significant free agent pickup on the offensive side of the ball. That and because he's coming to us with supposedly a few years of NFL experience already under his belt, I think people are naturally just expecting a little more from him.

I also agree that if Croyle hadn't overthrown him down the sideline he might have had a really big gain on that play and we wouldn't be down on him so much right now. But the fact is that he just hasn't gotten himself open like that consistently so anyone can get him the ball. In addition to the two preseason games, he really hasn't had a solid camp either. Franklin and Price have both had really nice camps to this point and have gotten themselves open for several in-game receptions apiece.

Also working against Darling a bit is WHO he's up against. I sort of find myself rooting for Franklin and Price a little more. Both are 22 with quite a bit of upside and room to grow. While Darling is someone who's already been deemed expendable by the Ravens, Franklin is a Chiefs Draft pick and Price is undrafted free agent signee that we researched and snatched up after the 2007 draft. Franklin is a local product which gives him a following already. Price is a longshot-to-make-the-team, underdog type who's battling back from an injury that kept him out for the entire season last year. Everyone loves rooting for the underdog (see Dantrell Savage).

Just my opinion, I don't think the Chiefs will hesitate to move Franklin into the starting lineup if he continues to perform. It's an open competition and they're looking for the best player. Darling is listed as the starter for now, but he was more or less given that from the onset because of his NFL experience. The Chiefs had to bestow the title of "starter" on someone, however in reality, they hadn't really seen any of the three guys play. In no way is he locked into that role for the long-term or even by the time training camp ends.

My hope is that Franklin and Price will eventually develop into solid #2 and 3 receivers to give the team some production and additional options in the receiving game after Bowe. My bottom line here though is that after Bowe, we have Franklin, Price and Darling this year. This is a HUGE improvement over last year when we had Parker, an injured/aging Eddie Kennison and Webb.

KCUnited
08-17-2008, 11:15 AM
L.J. missed a couple of easy blocks. He looked very hit and miss to me.

Ang

That's weird. I've gone back a rewatched the 1st half and I didn't Larry miss one block, let alone a couple.

Frankie
08-17-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm not impressed with Darling at all. Price, yes ...

I'm not impressed with ANY FOOTBALL PLAYER with a wussy name.
:p

Frankie
08-17-2008, 11:25 AM
I would like for the #2 WR to be an actual threat of some sort... not just someone filling a roster spot. Hell... we had Sammie Parker for that.

True

Frankie
08-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Agreed.

Price might just earn himself a spot.

I hope so. I like him.

Frankie
08-17-2008, 11:27 AM
I believe John Paul Foschi just played himself off the team. Haven't seen that name in this thread yet.

AAAH... FOSCH HIM!

Frankie
08-17-2008, 11:29 AM

He failed the first day he showed up on a FOOTBALL field, with a name like Darling.

Frankie
08-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Sure! Savage has managed to stand out to the posters here on CP. Price has managed to stand out to the posters here on CP. Kolby has managed to stand out to the posters here on CP. Turk McBride has managed to stand out to the posters here on CP... why should Darling be any different?

I believe that the membership at CP (read: regular posters) have an above average knowledge of the game and understand it at a higher level than the casual fan. Yes... I would like for him to stand out to the posters on CP.

"IF" the ball had sailed over his head... "IF" Croyle had not overthrown Darling... "IF" Darling were given more opportunities.

Honestly now, these games is about proving that you are able to do your job. Assessing players by using the word "IF" to start your sentence is asinine. (not calling you an ass here). The entire landscape of our depth chart could be entirely revamped if we constantly used the word "If".

"If" LJ had not been injured last year, we probably would not have drafted Charles in the last draft and used a pick on a player who will likely be a 3rd stringer for a while.

"IF" Sammie Parker had hands that matched his speed, this conversation would be moot.

"IF" We had drafted Nate Kaeding or Nick Hardwick instead of Kris Wilson, we would have been set for years to come at either position.

The word "IF" should not even come into play in this discussion because as easily that we could suppose "IF" Croyle had not overthrown him... we could just as easily have been saying... "IF" Darling had only caught that ball.

The simple fact is that Franklin *DID* put himself in the position to make that catch. He *DID* get open. He *DID* catch the ball. He *DID* hang on to it despite getting pounded. Because of what he *DID* I will happily proclaim that he is showing that he wants the job.

Now... "IF" Darling decides to show up for the next 2 games and actually try to contribute, I will gladly change my tune but I refuse to just hand over the #2 WR job to someone based of "IF"s.

I never said I wanted him gone... I said "Darling needs to be lower in the depth chart due to his inability to do anything above average".

I have to disagree with you, though, when you say that he has not had the opportunity. He has played all through mini camp and 2 preseason games. That is plenty opportunity for him and more than most will ever get... and he is blowing it by not producing in the role he has been placed in.

Good post.

Frankie
08-17-2008, 11:44 AM
You know, if Plummber had ever taken his head out of his ass, he would have been a pretty good QB.

yep. All talent and no brain. Kinda like Grbac.

Frankie
08-17-2008, 11:48 AM

I really think we planned to run a lot and so passing was de-emphasized for this game. Herm even eluded to the emphasis on the run in a sideline interview before the game. Maybe they practiced run most of the week and didn't gameplan passes much.

Just playin' devil's advocate.

DeezNutz
08-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Why are some posters claiming that Franklin would best be used in the slot? He's got the size and speed to compete well in the league and, in a very limited sample, has shown an ability to get open. Why the talk about Darling and Price as the #2 and not as much with Franklin?

MGRS13
08-17-2008, 12:11 PM
i wouldnt mind to see either price or franklin as the #2 any body but Darling, hes just awful.

MGRS13
08-17-2008, 12:14 PM
The only reason I would say Price over Franklin is because it looks so far like Franklin is taking to the slot position very well. Franklin is one of the surprises so far for me. He did play WELL in college but he seems to be picking up the pro game at almost the same rate that Bowe did last year.

wazu
08-17-2008, 12:25 PM
It was gut-wrenching to watch Sippio's NFL career come to an end last night.

MGRS13
08-17-2008, 12:29 PM

It was gut-wrenching to watch Sippio's NFL career come to an end last night.Not as gut-wrenching as it is watching Darlings career continue.

Boris The Great
08-17-2008, 12:34 PM

No it isnt. Darling was open on two plays in this game and Brodie missed him. One would have gone for a sure touchdown.

Boris The Great
08-17-2008, 12:35 PM
not only is Darling a bad WR hes lazy. The long pass that Croyle over threw him the DB gave him to the safety he didnt beat anybody

ROFL ROFL

MGRS13
08-17-2008, 12:38 PM
No it isnt. Darling was open on two plays in this game and Brodie missed him. One would have gone for a sure touchdown.
You got the game on tape? Go back and watch it. I saw it live and got home and watched it. His route running is below average at best and where he may be fast hes lazy. The pass in the endzone he just ran up to the front corner and stopped hes lazy.

Boris The Great
08-17-2008, 12:40 PM
You got the game on tape?
Yep! You are wrong.

MGRS13
08-17-2008, 12:41 PM
I don't understand the suck off going on for Darling on this site. The Sippio fest has nothing on the great 18 catch wonder that is Darling. I just don't get it. Price and Franklin are head and shoulders above this guy.

MGRS13
08-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Yep! You are wrong.

Nope im not.

KC Tattoo
08-17-2008, 01:40 PM
LJs stock dove in my books. He is spoiled with money choffered in a Bently (nice) with curtans all around the windows. Yell at him hey LJ & the guy doesn't acknowledge the fans like me with a nod or a wave. He runs lazy and then he is trying to juke guys instead of running over them like he use too. He is a power back not finne' . Now it's "PRE"season so didn't really expect a whole lot out of him but come first game I hope somebody PISSES HIM OFF:#

ANGRY LJ = POWER = WIN

Finne' LJ = soft = loss

Get Mad LJ.

This is just my humble KC Chiefs Fan Opinion. :arrow:

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 01:49 PM
LJs stock dove in my books. He is spoiled with money choffered in a Bently (nice) with curtans all around the windows. Yell at him hey LJ & the guy doesn't acknowledge the fans like me with a nod or a wave. He runs lazy and then he is trying to juke guys instead of running over them like he use too. He is a power back not finne' . Now it's "PRE"season so didn't really expect a whole lot out of him but come first game I hope somebody PISSES HIM OFF:#

ANGRY LJ = POWER = WIN

Finne' LJ = soft = loss

Get Mad LJ.

I don't know about you but I'll take 61 yards per half EVERY game. Also, on more than one occasion I saw LJ take out a LB on the blitz. I was ecstatic to see LJ actually pick up the blitz and block like he gave a damn.

BigRock
08-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Yes... I would like for him to stand out to the posters on CP.

OK. So would I. But I think standing out to the coaches... i.e., running the right routes and getting open, regardless of whether the ball is going his way or not... is of more importance. If he's not doing that, jacking some DB up with a downfield block in order to stand out to Chiefsplanet posters isn't going to give him a job.

I'd bring your attention to some of the "that's not true" posts that have already been made.

Going back to what I said above about the coaches, they have game tape they can watch. They can see what Darling and every other player did on every single snap. But we don't have that ability. There is no Devard Darling cam on the Chiefs telecast, showing him on every route.

In other words, you can't say that because Brodie didn't throw the ball to a certain receiver, it means that receiver wasn't open. We don't know. We can't see what everyone is doing on the play.

What we can say for sure is that Darling was targeted in last night's game with 3 passes, and he was quite clearly open on two of them. They were just bad passes.

That's my point exactly. You've hit it on the head. If Croye puts that ball on the money, we'd KNOW if Darling would have caught it or not. We'd KNOW whether he could make a big play or not. Instead we're left going "maybe he would have taken it for a TD" or "maybe he would have let it bounce right off his hands and embarrassed himself".

Point being, because the ball was in no way catchable, he was never given the chance to show it one way or another. Now what sense does it make to blame HIM for that?

BigRock
08-17-2008, 01:56 PM
The long pass that Croyle over threw him the DB gave him to the safety he didnt beat anybody

Sure he did. Maybe the safety would have stopped Darling from scoring a TD on the play, though I stress "maybe". But had the ball been on target, the saftey was nowhere close enough to stop Darling from catching it. If you get that open, you've beaten somebody.

KCUnited
08-17-2008, 01:58 PM

ANGRY LJ = POWER = WIN

Finne' LJ = soft = loss

Get Mad LJ.

Thread over due to....FAIL. Seriously.

KCJohnny
08-17-2008, 02:03 PM
It was gut-wrenching to watch Sippio's NFL career come to an end last night.

The one that hit him in the hands was a tiny bit low but if you're in the NFL you must haul that one in. It was a sure TD from the foggy view I had of the play on the internet stream. If he was competing against last year's camp, he might be OK. But with Franklin, Webb and Price playing well, not sure Sippio will survive. The good news for him is he probably won't get scarfed up on the waiver wire and can stay on the Taxi squad in case of injury to the other Chiefs receivers. Maybe.

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 02:22 PM
OK. So would I. But I think standing out to the coaches... i.e., running the right routes and getting open, regardless of whether the ball is going his way or not... is of more importance. If he's not doing that, jacking some DB up with a downfield block in order to stand out to Chiefsplanet posters isn't going to give him a job.

I disagree. Showing that he can run block in the field would score massive points for a coordinator and a hc who want to pound the ball. In fact, one of the major upsides to Sammie Parker was how well be blocked downfield.

The ball not being thrown to him, even if he did get open, is no reason to stop playing. Assuming the player can't manage to get open... then I want them to chase the play, find someone to block, do SOMETHING to show they want this job.

I fail to see where I am asking too much of Darling.

I'd bring your attention to some of the "that's not true" posts that have already been made.

I'd like to bring your attention to the other numerous posts that have agreed with my point of view.

Going back to what I said above about the coaches, they have game tape they can watch. They can see what Darling and every other player did on every single snap. But we don't have that ability. There is no Devard Darling cam on the Chiefs telecast, showing him on every route.

In other words, you can't say that because Brodie didn't throw the ball to a certain receiver, it means that receiver wasn't open. We don't know. We can't see what everyone is doing on the play.

What we can say for sure is that Darling was targeted in last night's game with 3 passes, and he was quite clearly open on two of them. They were just bad passes.

And there were others, important ones, such as the endzone play where he was standing there thumbing his sack while Croyle was scrambling looking for a receiver to throw the ball to.

I don't know how you watch the games, but when I watch... I am looking at the entire field, not just where the QB is throwing the ball. I can tell you that I saw Darling running weak routes and failing to get any separation on the DBs the majority of the time.

Yes you are correct that I do not have "Devard Darling Vision" installed in my home. I can't see a replay of every single route he ran and how much separation he got from the DBs. I can only comment on what I saw. What I saw was a lack luster performance by someone who is supposed to take the pressure of of Bowe. What I saw is simply not going to cut it.

That's my point exactly. You've hit it on the head. If Croye puts that ball on the money, we'd KNOW if Darling would have caught it or not. We'd KNOW whether he could make a big play or not. Instead we're left going "maybe he would have taken it for a TD" or "maybe he would have let it bounce right off his hands and embarrassed himself".

Point being, because the ball was in no way catchable, he was never given the chance to show it one way or another. Now what sense does it make to blame HIM for that?

There you go again with your "IF"s.

"If" this.... "If" that. Stop it already. The day we can travel back in time and fix the "If" situations, then we can start assessing players using the "If" theory. Until that time, it is an excersize in futility to keep using the word "If" when talking about whether or not a player deserves their spot.

Don't forget that Darling bring with him a reputation of stone hands as well as lackluster play. There is a reason why he was the 4th string in Baltimore after all. Its not like Baltimore is loaded at the WR spot and he was merely expendable.

Tribesman
08-17-2008, 02:25 PM
I like what Savage has shown thus far, but wasn't his success against 2nd and 3rd stringers? I'd like to see him start and go against the 1st stringers on returns.

Coach
08-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Double teamed right off the bat, yet he still caused a little havoc.

That's all you can ask, really.

First drive Tank was even better.

He blew up a double team by tossing the LG to the side like a rag doll and DJ came in through the gaping lane and forced a fumble.

milkman
08-17-2008, 02:50 PM
I disagree. Showing that he can run block in the field would score massive points for a coordinator and a hc who want to pound the ball. In fact, one of the major upsides to Sammie Parker was how well be blocked downfield.

The ball not being thrown to him, even if he did get open, is no reason to stop playing. Assuming the player can't manage to get open... then I want them to chase the play, find someone to block, do SOMETHING to show they want this job.

I'd like to bring your attention to the other numerous posts that have agreed with my point of view.

And there were others, important ones, such as the endzone play where he was standing there thumbing his sack while Croyle was scrambling looking for a receiver to throw the ball to.

I don't know how you watch the games, but when I watch... I am looking at the entire field, not just where the QB is throwing the ball. I can tell you that I saw Darling running weak routes and failing to get any separation on the DBs the majority of the time.

Yes you are correct that I do not have "Devard Darling Vision" installed in my home. I can't see a replay of every single route he ran and how much separation he got from the DBs. I can only comment on what I saw. What I saw was a lack luster performance by someone who is supposed to take the pressure of of Bowe. What I saw is simply not going to cut it.

"If" this.... "If" that. Stop it already. The day we can travel back in time and fix the "If" situations, then we can start assessing players using the "If" theory. Until that time, it is an excersize in futility to keep using the word "If" when talking about whether or not a player deserves their spot.

Don't forget that Darling bring with him a reputation of stone hands as well as lackluster play. There is a reason why he was the 4th string in Baltimore after all. Its not like Baltimore is loaded at the WR spot and he was merely expendable.

From where I sit, your argument is pretty weak.

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 02:54 PM
From where I sit, your argument is pretty weak.

So in your opinion Darling deserves the #2 spot?

Have you read the entire thread leading up to this last reply or are you basing your theory on just this last post?

milkman
08-17-2008, 03:04 PM
So in your opinion Darling deserves the #2 spot?

Have you read the entire thread leading up to this last reply or are you basing your theory on just this last post?

I don't have an opinion here.
I have read the entire thread.

I just think your argument is weak.

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't have an opinion here.
I have read the entire thread.

I just think your argument is weak.

Fair enough! :D

ClevelandBronco
08-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Cutler looked better. And Royal might work out.

Who is this Sippio guy? I can't find him on the Broncos' roster.

BigRock
08-17-2008, 03:55 PM

I'd look at the post where you asked him to show something to people on a message board.

So... are you still saying that Darling can't get open? Because the fact that he can, as evident in last night's game, can be proven pretty easily. Others agreeing doesn't make it any less true.

I'm surprised GoChiefs isn't all over this thread with some GIFs.

Really? That's interesting considering you started off here by wondering if Darling was even at the stadium for the game. Now, all of a sudden, you're an authority on how he was running his routes? First you acted like you didn't notice him at all, now you're acting like you watched him the whole time. If you saw all that from watching the game, why didn't you just say so in the first place?

BTW, we must be getting two entirely different game feeds, because on the one I get, the only times they've shown enough of Darling's routes to make anything close to that kind of analysis are the times Croyle has thrown the ball to him. And, as we've already gone over, he's been open on 2 of those 3 occasions. Of course, somehow you missed those.

It's also interesting that Darling is running such bad routes and can't get open, yet Croyle targted him more times yesterday than he did Bowe, Gonzalez, or Franklin. I guess Brodie's just looking to throw some picks.

No, there you go again DEFLECTING. I've tried several different ways to ask you the same question, and you've avoided it each and every time. At this point I think it's safe to say that you can't provide a reasonable answer, or you'd have done it by now. And I'm really not interested in trying to phrase it a different way yet again in another attempt to coax an answer from you.

You started off claiming Darling was a "ghost", like he didn't stand out at all. I pointed out that he had beaten a DB down the sideline for what potentially could have been a big gain. My point being that he did, at least, make himself seen during the game.

You then said Darling hasn't shown an inkling of why he'd been signed. I think getting open on that play shows an inkling of why he was signed. Then you said Darling has done nothing to stand out. Had Brodie thrown a catchable ball, that play could have stood out, just like Will Franklin's big catch stood out a week ago when he got a catchable ball. Of course, I say "could" because we'll never know.

You keep coming back with these criticisms of what Darling hasn't done, even though for a receiver, being able to do something involves having a ball you can catch. Darling hasn't had any catchable balls thrown to him, so these criticisms are premature at best, inaccurate at worst. Can you imagine Croyle tripping and fumbling every time he tried to handoff to LJ, and then someone going "Where was LJ? Was he even at the game?" because he didn't get any yardage? Would that make any sense? That's basically what you're doing here.

Several times I've asked you to try to reconcile your logic, and several times you've avoided doing so. Your position eventually boiled down to "If Brodie's not throwing him the ball, he should throw a big block downfield to stand out to posters on Chiefsplanet". And now you're changing your tune altogether, going "Well, I watched the whole field and he wasn't running good routes" and all this. Come on.

I shall again point out the fact that Bowe and Gonzalez have hardly done anything either, and it's obvious that the preseason passing game isn't really going downfield. You tried to downplay that earlier by saying "Well, they aren't going to climb the ladder" or whatever. Climb the ladder for what? They aren't getting passes thrown their way. I think Tony has been targeted once in two games.

Once they're actually looking to throw the ball farther than 7 yards, we can get an idea of how Darling will contribute. And like I said earlier, if he isn't doing anything, I'll be joining the chorus to put someone else in his spot. But these some of these posts we're seeing now are just insane.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Sippio will now be cut.
yep ... he lost his job

they already seemed determine to not give him any real game chance.

now he's toast

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 04:07 PM
I'd look at the post where you asked him to show something to people on a message board.

So... are you still saying that Darling can't get open? Because the fact that he can, as evident in last night's game, can be proven pretty easily. Others agreeing doesn't make it any less true.

Really? That's interesting considering you started off here by wondering if Darling was even at the stadium for the game. Now, all of a sudden, you're an authority on how he was running his routes? First you acted like you didn't notice him at all, now you're acting like you watched him the whole time. If you saw all that from watching the game, why didn't you just say so in the first place?

BTW, we must be getting two entirely different game feeds, because on the one I get, the only times they've shown enough of Darling's routes to make anything close to that kind of analysis are the times Croyle has thrown the ball to him. And, as we've already gone over, he's been open on 2 of those 3 occasions. Of course, somehow you missed those.

It's also interesting that Darling is running such bad routes and can't get open, yet Croyle targted him more times yesterday than he did Bowe, Gonzalez, or Franklin. I guess Brodie's just looking to throw some picks.

No, there you go again DEFLECTING. I've tried several different ways to ask you the same question, and you've avoided it each and every time. At this point I think it's safe to say that you can't provide a reasonable answer, or you'd have done it by now. And I'm really not interested in trying to phrase it a different way yet again in another attempt to coax an answer from you.

You started off claiming Darling was a "ghost", like he didn't stand out at all. I pointed out that he had beaten a DB down the sideline for what potentially could have been a big gain. My point being that he did, at least, make himself seen during the game.

You then said Darling hasn't shown an inkling of why he'd been signed. I think getting open on that play shows an inkling of why he was signed. Then you said Darling has done nothing to stand out. Had Brodie thrown a catchable ball, that play could have stood out, just like Will Franklin's big catch stood out a week ago when he got a catchable ball. Of course, I say "could" because we'll never know.

You keep coming back with these criticisms of what Darling hasn't done, even though for a receiver, being able to do something involves having a ball you can catch. Darling hasn't had any catchable balls thrown to him, so these criticisms are premature at best, inaccurate at worst. Can you imagine Croyle tripping and fumbling every time he tried to handoff to LJ, and then someone going "Where was LJ? Was he even at the game?" because he didn't get any yardage? Would that make any sense? That's basically what you're doing here.

Several times I've asked you to try to reconcile your logic, and several times you've avoided doing so. Your position eventually boiled down to "If Brodie's not throwing him the ball, he should throw a big block downfield to stand out to posters on Chiefsplanet". And now you're changing your tune altogether, going "Well, I watched the whole field and he wasn't running good routes" and all this. Come on.

I shall again point out the fact that Bowe and Gonzalez have hardly done anything either, and it's obvious that the preseason passing game isn't really going downfield. You tried to downplay that earlier by saying "Well, they aren't going to climb the ladder" or whatever. Climb the ladder for what? They aren't getting passes thrown their way. I think Tony has been targeted once in two games.

Once they're actually looking to throw the ball farther than 7 yards, we can get an idea of how Darling will contribute. And like I said earlier, if he isn't doing anything, I'll be joining the chorus to put someone else in his spot. But these some of these posts we're seeing now are just insane.

Fine... you win. Darling is teh gawd. I'm done arguing with you.

Short Leash Hootie
08-17-2008, 04:17 PM
I love LJ...LOVE HIM...but I love the fact Kolby and Charles are also going to be #1 backs someday...maybe not Kolby but still, I love our backfield...if LJ goes down we have some good insurance.

Boris The Great
08-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Nope im not.

That endzone thing is just as wrong as anything else thats been said here. There was a guy covering Darling, a guy in front of the endzone, and two guys near Darling in the endzone. He had 4 people around him, there was no way he was getting open and no way Croyle would have thrown into that coverage.

The play was supposed to go to Tony Gonzalez anyway. That is who Croyle was looking for, Tony even came to talk with him afterwards. The only reason Darling is even getting mentioned in this play is because Croyle happened to throw it over his head when he threw it away.

BigRock
08-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Fine... you win. Darling is teh gawd. I'm done arguing with you.

Aw, come on, at least change your position or completely deflect my argument again. Just for old times sake.

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Aw, come on, at least change your position or completely deflect my argument again. Just for old times sake.

No... no, no.

You are completely correct.

It was inconsiderate of me to imply that Darling should work to be the #2 WR instead of just having the job handed to him. I was especially wrong to demand that he actually do something worth mentioning in 2 games.

It was also rude of me to tell you that judging peoples abilities by using the word "If" was asinine. Really.... In retrospect, I think you have something going there.

I also want to apologize to you for misleading you. When I said that Darling was a "ghost", I assumed the the reader would interpret that as me saying that the guy did nothing of value for the team. I realize now that I should have plainly stated what I mean as some members of the board are incapable of reading intent and meaning in sentences such as that one. I honestly hope I did not offend you as that was not my intention.

It would be ludicrous of me to say that I would like to see you take over for Peterson when he leaves... we all know that the likely hood of that taking place is next to nothing. But please know that you have moved me. You have managed to touch me in a way that very few people in my life have been able to. Your theories of player management will stay with me for a long time to come and I would like to thank you from the very bottom of my heart for affecting my life in the manner that you just did today.

I look forward to your future posts as you are surely on par with, if not even surpassing, Wendler in terms of football knowledge. I cannot wait to learn more from you.

Waiting in anticipation,

pr_capone

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 04:57 PM
After 2 PS games, I don't see Jeff Webb or Devard Darling doing anything to beat out Maurice Price. Price is the real deal.

Darling will start.

DeezNutz
08-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Forgive me, but I'm going to ask this question again: Why are many considering Franklin in the slot as opposed to the #2? Simply because of his nOOb status, or is there something else I'm overlooking?

The dude's shown well over the first two preseason games, for whatever that's worth.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Forgive me, but I'm going to ask this question again: Why are many considering Franklin in the slot as opposed to the #2? Simply because of his nOOb status, or is there something else I'm overlooking?

The dude's shown well over the first two preseason games, for whatever that's worth.

Franklin plays the slot. That's been his position the whole offseason.

Darling, on the other hand, knows all four receiver spots. That's why he's starting.

DeezNutz
08-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Franklin plays the slot. That's been his position the whole offseason.

Darling, on the other hand, knows all four receiver spots. That's why he's starting.

Yes, true enough, but he doesn't need to be limited to this, no? If he's showing as the second-best receiver, there isn't a part of his game that doesn't translate, correct?

This is one aspect of the youth movement that I'm having a problem understanding.

BigRock
08-17-2008, 05:23 PM
No... no, no.

You are completely correct.

It was inconsiderate of me to imply that Darling should work to be the #2 WR instead of just having the job handed to him. I was especially wrong to demand that he actually do something worth mentioning in 2 games.

It was also rude of me to tell you that judging peoples abilities by using the word "If" was asinine. Really.... In retrospect, I think you have something going there.

I also want to apologize to you for misleading you. When I said that Darling was a "ghost", I assumed the the reader would interpret that as me saying that the guy did nothing of value for the team. I realize now that I should have plainly stated what I mean as some members of the board are incapable of reading intent and meaning in sentences such as that one. I honestly hope I did not offend you as that was not my intention.

It would be ludicrous of me to say that I would like to see you take over for Peterson when he leaves... we all know that the likely hood of that taking place is next to nothing. But please know that you have moved me. You have managed to touch me in a way that very few people in my life have been able to. Your theories of player management will stay with me for a long time to come and I would like to thank you from the very bottom of my heart for affecting my life in the manner that you just did today.

I look forward to your future posts as you are surely on par with, if not even surpassing, Wendler in terms of football knowledge. I cannot wait to learn more from you.

Waiting in anticipation,

pr_capone

Let's see, do I have it handy here somewhere? Ah! Here it is!

- You encounter a post that nails you on numerous items

- Knowing you can't address any of the points without looking sillier than you already do, you make a brief "I'm done" statement so you don't have to acknowledge that you can't refute it

- But not actually done, you post again, still not refuting anything in the hopes that the post that nailed you just fades away and is forgotten

Boy, you followed it to a tee. Nicely done!

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes, true enough, but he doesn't need to be limited to this, no?

He's a rookie. Don't want to overload him.

I'd say next year is the year for Franklin to challenge for a starting spot.

FAX
08-17-2008, 05:33 PM

If Hermoine is unafraid to start two rookie corners, he's darn sure not going to be afraid to start a rookie WR at the #2 spot, Mr. DeezNutz. Plus, according to Herm, the fabulous, new, simplified offense has been installed specifically to allow young players to get in the game sooner rather than later. Ergo and therefore and wherebyas, it seems as though the #2 position should be relatively easy for Franklin to learn which, in a way, sort of nullifies Mr. GoChiefs' argument that Darling will get the nod because he knows all the receiver positions.

So, my question is this; Other than "understanding" the positions, why is Mr. GoChiefs so lock-solid certain that Darling is starting?

FAX

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Let's see, do I have it handy here somewhere? Ah! Here it is!

Boy, you followed it to a tee. Nicely done!

LMFAO

You have me pegged Big Rock.

Man... I wish I could be you. you want to keep the argument going? Fine.. here goes

DeezNutz
08-17-2008, 05:36 PM
He's a rookie. Don't want to overload him.

I'd say next year is the year for Franklin to challenge for a starting spot.

If Hermoine is unafraid to start two rookie corners, he's darn sure not going to be afraid to start a rookie WR at the #2 spot, Mr. DeezNutz. Plus, according to Herm, the fabulous, new, simplified offense has been installed specifically to allow young players to get in the game sooner rather than later. Ergo and therefore and wherebyas, it seems as though the #2 position should be relatively easy for Franklin to learn which, in a way, sort of nullifies Mr. GoChiefs' argument that Darling will get the nod because he knows all the receiver positions.

So, my question is this; Other than "understanding" the positions, why is Mr. GoChiefs so lock-solid certain that Darling is starting?

FAX

Thanks, gents. I think the question is still on the table.

Given Herm's affinity for young players, it seems rather strange (if not incorrect to assume) that Franklin's role has been pre-determined.

BigRock
08-17-2008, 05:37 PM
you want to keep the argument going?

Argument is a turse word. But yes, I would not have proferred my previous lengthy reply if it was going to be for naught.

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 05:50 PM

Wow... asking someone to prove that they are worthy of their paycheck and starting position is too much to ask?

Herm said plain as day... everyone has to earn their position. As far as I can see, Darling has not done anything to earn his #2 position. If he is doing some wornderful things in practice that we can't see, then GREAT. But it does nothing for us if he cannot produce on the field.

That said... he still has 2 pre-season games left to show why he was signed to begin with.

Anyone can get open... its a matter of getting open consistently. I am truly happy for him that he got open on a few plays and it is a sad thing that Croyle missed him.

It comes back to consistency. I've not seen him get open on a consistent basis.

Sarcasm is a thing that flows pretty heavily around here... I am surprised you did not pick up on it. As I said in my previous post.... when I said he was a ghost I was saying that he did nothing special... nothing to get himself noticed.

As a long time member of this board, I would have thought you would have understood that. I am sorry you missed it.

I find it more interesting that in 2 games Darling has done nothing to show why he is the #2 WR. I'm not asking for the guy to break loose for a 30 yard catch every time... but show SOMETHING.

I can only comment on what I see.... I think his routes could be improved. I'm not saying that the guy is dog shit and should be canned in favor of bringing Marc Boerighter back, but that I believe he should be lower on the depth chart.

Its not deflecting. Its stating that I am not going down the road of what iffs and coulda beens.

I maintain that Darling was a ghost. Beating the defender a couple of times in the span of 2 games does not, in my book, equal standing out.

Darling and Johnson are not comparable players.

Johnson has established himself as a premier Running Back in this league. A player that any team would love to have on their roster. His only real downside is that he does not block well.

Darling is a 4th string player with suspect hands whose previous team, who need help at WR, did not even want him.

If Croyle is botching the handoff I would not think ill of LJ. Instead, with with it being a pre-season game, I would be instead looking at how he has, if at all, improved the other aspects of his game. Pass blocking and cathing out of the back field.

The key here being that I know LJ is a stud and has shown improvement in the pass blocking area. Darling, on the other hand, is probably our biggest question mark in the WR core. If Croyle cant get him the ball, then he needs to be doing other things to impress and show he deserves the #2 spot.

Not changing my tune at all. I said he is not getting open. The likely culprit for him not getting open is that he is running sloppy routs.

good routes = greater likely hood of being open

bad routes = lesser likely hood of being open

Its pretty simple really

I will say it again.... if you think that they are going to risk getting Bowe and Gonzo injured in the preseason by throwing to them on a consistent basis, then you are nuts.

And for the last time. I am not wishing him ill, harm, or even to be cut from the team. I merely would like to see him dropped in the depth chart until he shows a reason for him being the #2 WR.

Phobia
08-17-2008, 06:14 PM
This thread used to be interesting.

banyon
08-17-2008, 06:27 PM
What's the latest on Albert? Will he play soon?

Chiefshrink
08-17-2008, 07:58 PM
that Savage is the real deal and he will eventually be our return man.;)

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 08:33 PM
You got the game on tape? Go back and watch it. I saw it live and got home and watched it. His route running is below average at best and where he may be fast hes lazy. The pass in the endzone he just ran up to the front corner and stopped hes lazy.

I saw the exact same damn thing at the game last night and then watched in on the DVR last night to make sure I wasnt seeing stuff.

jspchief
08-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Turk Mcbride contained a bootleg and got a sack.... somewhere, Eric Hicks was watching that and became confused.

Franklin played from the slot a ton in college. He's a guy that can make a catch in traffic, and hold on when he gets blasted. He's probably going to stay as the slot receiver because it's what he does best.

MGRS13
08-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I saw the exact same damn thing at the game last night and then watched in on the DVR last night to make sure I wasnt seeing stuff.No apparently that just can't be true. I have read this thread and you and I have to be mistaken, along with section 210 and part of 211 where everyone I was sitting with said the same thing. Oh and all of those people That I talked to in the concourse who were talking about the same play they were wrong to. So for the record Darling is the second coming of J. Rice has totally earned a starting spot and if Croyle ever overthrows him again should be allowed to behead him on the field immediately.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 09:52 PM
What's the latest on Albert? Will he play soon?

He may play in NE.

Coach
08-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Turk Mcbride contained a bootleg and got a sack.... somewhere, Eric Hicks was watching that and became confused.

Franklin played from the slot a ton in college. He's a guy that can make a catch in traffic, and hold on when he gets blasted. He's probably going to stay as the slot receiver because it's what he does best.

Nice to see you're still around. Good catch on the bootleg containment when he made that sack.

Hopefully we'll see more of your posts. I enjoy reading your thoughts/comments about the pregame or postgame discussions.

BigRock
08-17-2008, 11:08 PM

Wow... asking someone to prove that they are worthy of their paycheck and starting position is too much to ask?

That line about the message board was a joke. But in reply to your earlier statement of "I don't think I'm asking too much", I think you are in a way, because you don't seem to take into account that a WR's game is dependant upon the QB getting him the ball. Darling has gotten himself into position to make a couple plays, hasn't gotten a pass he can catch, but you're still demanding that he "show something" like it's his fault he couldn't get to the ball.

In other words, things have now reached the point where "I don't care if the passes are 5 feet over his head, he needs to do SOMETHING so that I can feel better!" seems like a reasonable request.

Anyone can get open... its a matter of getting open consistently. I am truly happy for him that he got open on a few plays and it is a sad thing that Croyle missed him.

It comes back to consistency. I've not seen him get open on a consistent basis.

OK. But you do agree now that he CAN get open? Because you suggested earlier that he couldn't.

And, again, we come back to the point I raised earlier that there is no Devard Darling cam. On what are you basing the statement "I haven't seen him get open on a consistent basis?" That Brodie isn't throwing him the ball? Because that doesn't actually mean that he isn't getting open. We have no idea what's happening when he goes downfield. He could be getting open, or the CB may be sticking to him like glue. We don't know, they aren't showing us.

Maybe a Star article will come out going "Staff disappointed in Darling" or "Staff pleased with Darling" that will give us some indication as to what he's doing when we can't see him. But other than that, it's just guesswork.

Sarcasm is a thing that flows pretty heavily around here... I am surprised you did not pick up on it. As I said in my previous post.... when I said he was a ghost I was saying that he did nothing special... nothing to get himself noticed.

As a long time member of this board, I would have thought you would have understood that. I am sorry you missed it.

I wouldn't take the "ghost" talk as scarcasm, just as an exaggeration. But regardless, the point I was making remains. You were suggesting in multiple posts that Darling hadn't shown you anything. Then you suddenly changed gears and said he WAS showing you something and that it was BAD (his poor routes, no seperation, etc.).

If that's the case, I can't understand why you wouldn't have said that from the very beginning. "I was watching Darling, boy he sucks". It just comes off like you're grabbing at whatever you can in order to justify the continued negativity.

I find it more interesting that

This is what I mean by "deflecting". You're responding to something I said by immediately changing the topic and never addressing what I actualy said.

In this most recent example, that "I find it more interesting" statement would appear to be in response to my point that Darling, despite the suggestion he couldn't get open and was running poor routes, was the target of more of Croyle's passes than the other 3 key receivers. I think that fact would tend to counter the claim that he isn't getting open.

Not to toot my own horn, but I feel like I made a solid point there. And you ignored it completely. I am sad. :(

And just to practice what I preach...

I find it more interesting that in 2 games Darling has done nothing to show why he is the #2 WR. I'm not asking for the guy to break loose for a 30 yard catch every time... but show SOMETHING.

If the mere fact that he got open for what would have been a 74-yard TD bomb doesn't count as "showing something", then you must be asking for him to do something with the ball in his hands. Except he can't have the ball in his hands if Brodie doesn't throw it somewhere he can catch it. So why that is a knock on Darling? I still don't know.

Its not deflecting. Its stating that I am not going down the road of what iffs and coulda beens.

You've really blown the "if" thing entirely out of proportion. I'm not sure if you just didn't understand what I was saying, or if it's just more changing the subject. In the hopes that it's the former, the "if" thing goes back to what you said about Will Franklin earlier.

You said he was showing that he wants the #2 job. He was the first guy you named. What has he done, though? He got open last week, got into position to make a great catch, and then made it when Brodie threw him a ball he could catch. Big props to Franklin, I hope he's a HOFer.

But do you see how Franklin "showing he wants the job" is dependant on Brodie throwing him a catchable ball? I asked you how you'd defend your stance that Franklin was "showing he wants the job" IF Croyle had thrown him a bad pass. The simple answer is that you couldn't. If you remove the catchable pass from the equation, Franklin suddenly doesn't look as good.

That is how important the catchable pass is to the situation. Darling, like Franklin the week before, got open last night and got into position to make a great catch. It would have been a bigger play than Franklin's. He just didn't get a catchable ball. But for reasons I have yet to understand, you're completely unwilling to cut him any slack for the fact that Brodie threw him a bad pass on a play he was wide open for a TD.

Because as I've said before, if that's a catchable ball, we're probably not having this conversation.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying you or anyone else has to say "hey, Darling is great!". Because I'm not saying that. I'm saying let's see what happens when Brodie throws Darling a catchable ball, and see what Darling does, and THEN decide whether he deserves the job or any of this other stuff.

To me, that seems quite reasonable.

I'll get to the rest later... wife is home with dinner

I hope it was delicious! I had some pizza but... eh. It wasn't that great.

Anyway, in closing, I feel I have continued making the same points over and over, so there isn't really anything more I can say here. I hope I have done a good job of explaining my position.

philfree
08-17-2008, 11:11 PM
It was good to see Turk play at an improved level. It was also good to see our offense average 5.3 yards a carry. LJ was 4.4, Kolby was 9.3 and Savage was 4.0.

PhilFree:arrow:

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-17-2008, 11:44 PM
First drive Tank was even better.

He blew up a double team by tossing the LG to the side like a rag doll and DJ came in through the gaping lane and forced a fumble.

Outstanding!!

Didn't get to see the game, so love reading stuff like this.

RustShack
08-18-2008, 01:26 AM
I think its so funny when people say Baltimore didn't want to keep Darling. If you don't know what your talking about... please don't talk.

FAX
08-18-2008, 07:58 AM
I think its so funny when people say Baltimore didn't want to keep Darling. If you don't know what your talking about... please don't talk.

Baltimore wanted to retain Darling, Mr. RustShack? Please elaborate. If they wanted him, why isn't he still there?

FAX

chiefsngop
08-18-2008, 10:40 AM
I was at the game on Saturday, have to admit I don't know a whole lot about this Darling kid, but I know he was overthrown on 2 passes early in the game. Might have changed alot of people's minds about his performance during that game had the passes been on target, the kid was open.

Actually, thanks to my friend Bud Light, I don't remember if both passes were overthrown, or if one was batted down before it ever got to him. But he had no chance at either pass and he was open both times. Stadium announcer announced both times that "the pass was intended for Darling."

Turk's QB pressure gave me goosebumps. Would've loved to see him absolutely BURY the QB on the sack, but beggers can't be choosers and I love the pressure, hope it wasn't just the matchup that allowed him the penetration, hope he shows the same ability next week.

Does anyone know about the matchup that Turk had ? Was the guy he lined up across from a solid blocker or a scrub ?

tooge
08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
to the original question
Risers: Price for sure, McBride, Cox, and Herb Taylor
Losers: Foschi, Darling

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2008, 06:16 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed, but I didn't see anyone talking about the fact that Turk's second sack actually came from the DT position. He's unlikely to get a ton of snaps there this season.

Also, I will apologize to the folks who were blaming Darling for running a poor route. After watching the game, it's obvious you were all correct, because there's no way Brodie missed him that badly. I was thinking of the other play, which was an obvious overthrow by Brodie.

CoMoChief
08-18-2008, 06:18 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed, but I didn't see anyone talking about the fact that Turk's second sack actually came from the DT position. He's unlikely to get a ton of snaps there this season.

Also, I will apologize to the folks who were blaming Darling for running a poor route. After watching the game, it's obvious you were all correct, because there's no way Brodie missed him that badly. I was thinking of the other play, which was an obvious overthrew by Brodie.

Only one of the million times you've been wrong

MGRS13
08-18-2008, 06:34 PM

Also, I will apologize to the folks who were blaming Darling for running a poor route. After watching the game, it's obvious you were all correct, because there's no way Brodie missed him that badly. I was thinking of the other play, which was an obvious overthrow by Brodie.

Trust me he ran ALOT of bad routes which is what I've been saying for two days now. After watching did you notice how lazy he was? He gave up on alot of routes and was walking by the end of the play.

Boris The Great
08-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Also, I will apologize to the folks who were blaming Darling for running a poor route. After watching the game, its obvious you were all correct, because theres no way Brodie missed him that badly.

After watching the replay, I thought the ball might have been tipped at the line on that play. They dont show a good angle, but a guy sticks his hand up and the ball just sorta seems to lift funny going past the hand.

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2008, 07:16 PM
After watching the replay, I thought the ball might have been tipped at the line on that play. They dont show a good angle, but a guy sticks his hand up and the ball just sorta seems to lift funny going past the hand.

I've got the game encoding now...I'll take a closer look.

Boris The Great
08-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Trust me he ran ALOT of bad routes which is what I\'ve been saying for two days now.

Yeah, you also told us how everyone in the stadium was talking about how bad Darling is, but funny that we havent seen one article, column, blog, or anything from people at the game that even mentions anything remotely close to that. So forgive everyone if they dont line up to believe everything you have been saying.

MGRS13
08-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah, you also told us how everyone in the stadium was talking about how bad Darling is, but funny that we havent seen one article, column, blog, or anything from people at the game that even mentions anything remotely close to that. So forgive everyone if they dont line up to believe everything you have been saying.I didnt say everyone in the stadium I said everyone near the section I was in. And during half time, in the concourse and restroom he was the subject most people were talking about. And really I dont give a shit if you believe me or not.

FAX
08-18-2008, 09:01 PM
... Does anyone know about the matchup that Turk had ? Was the guy he lined up across from a solid blocker or a scrub ?

Good question there, Mr. chiefsngop. I'm quoting this in the hopes that you get an answer. I'd like to know, also.

FAX

milkman
08-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Good question there, Mr. chiefsngop. I'm quoting this in the hopes that you get an answer. I'd like to know, also.

FAX

I haven't seen the game yet, but I'm assuming it was Levi Brown.

I'm not sure he's playing to his perceived potential, but he isn't a slouch either.

FAX
08-18-2008, 09:42 PM
I haven't seen the game yet, but I'm assuming it was Levi Brown.

I'm not sure he's playing to his perceived potential, but he isn't a slouch either.

And a great big, sincere, lactose tolerant thanks to you, Mr. milkman. Appreciate the information.

It would be fantastic if the Turkster could step up his game and bag some quarterbacks this year. Fantastic and a pretty doggone big surprise - at least, to me.

FAX

chiefsngop
08-19-2008, 11:26 AM

FAX

Thanks Fax ! I too am in hopes Turk continues to step it up. We need his stock to rise and take pressure away from Dorsey. Hali has to "rise" also.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2008, 11:36 AM
And a great big, sincere, lactose tolerant thanks to you, Mr. milkman. Appreciate the information.

It would be fantastic if the Turkster could step up his game and bag some quarterbacks this year. Fantastic and a pretty doggone big surprise - at least, to me.

FAX

I know that on one sack from LE he went unblocked. I read (from Clayton) that on his other sack he lined up at DT. I don't know who he beat on that play.