PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock: Croyle Unimpressive

Pages : [1] 2

DeezNutz
08-16-2008, 11:12 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/752296.html

Croyle has been unimpressive
Luckily the Chiefs stink. Therefore there will be no full-blown quarterback controversy. Not this week anyway.

Brodie Croyle has the luxury of being less than mediocre for as long as he wants this season.

Backup Tyler Thigpen is a wishbone quarterback. And third-stringer Damon Huard might as well be nicknamed the ďfire extinguisher,Ē because heíll only be cracked open during an extreme emergency ó such as late-season local blackouts when the Chiefs are putting the finishing touches on a 14-loss season.

OK, I promised to be positive about the rebuilding process Herm Edwards and The Artist Formerly Known as King Carl have undertaken.

The truth is there is much to be excited about with Kansas Cityís offense. Chan Gailey and his offensive coaching staff are doing a tremendous job. KCís patchwork offensive line continues to open gaping running lanes for Larry Johnson.

Saturday night against the visiting Arizona Cardinals, Larry Johnson looked spectacular in the first half, ripping and darting for 61 yards in 14 carries. Kolby Smith came off the bench and uncorked a 15-yarder, too.

Kansas Cityís running game appears to be back. And thatís without the services of first-round pick Branden Albert, the Chiefsí left tackle.

Obviously the Arizona Cardinals are not a run-stuffing, defensive juggernaut. But Kansas Cityís offensive line isnít supposed to be one of the leagueís great walls. This line has been thrown together.

Dare I say Brian Waters, Rudy Niswanger, Adrian Jones, Damion McIntosh and Herb Taylor are jelling?

If they are, the Chiefsí offensive rebuilding job is way ahead of schedule. And that could be a problem for Brodie Croyle.

Imagine this scenario: Kansas Cityís running game is extremely productive, Dwayne Bowe improves on his rookie-year performance, Tony Gonzalez remains Tony Gonzalez, and rookie William Franklin develops as a viable pass-catching option.

What if Croyle, KCís young QB of the future, is the offensive weak link?

That wonít be good. Chiefs fans are angry. You already know the background about Carl Petersonís 20-year Super Bowl plan and the lack of patience that has created among the Chiefsí fan base.

Well, now Chiefs fans have to slog through the debris of Arrowhead Stadiumís reclamation project just for the right to watch a bad football team, pay $22 to park and God knows what for an overpriced beer.

Tempers are ready to flare. Arrowhead fans will be quick to boo and just as quick to throw a bag over their heads.

The Artist Formerly Known as King Carl will be the No. 1 target of fan abuse. Herm Edwards will be next. And then perhaps Brodie Croyle.

His play in two preseason games has been uninspiring. Saturday night he was awful. He had a long completion of 7 yards. He connected on seven of 13 passes for 38 yards. Larry Johnson moved the ball between the 20s. Croyle couldnít get anything going in the red zone.

Maybe itís the vanilla preseason playbook. But you have to believe Edwards and Gailey desperately want Croyle to throw a few TD passes to build confidence.

Yes, Herm Edwards loves a field goal more than most coaches, but he knows the Chiefs need to sell a little excitement this season, too.

Right now the Chiefs have one quarterback on their roster who can win an NFL game ó and it ainít Brodie Croyle or Tyler Wishbone.

Itís Damon Huard, the human fire extinguisher.

You remember the Chiefs were 0-6 in games started by Croyle a season ago?

Iím not ready to write Croyle off. Itís early in his development. But he doesnít appear to be particularly accurate or savvy. He did a better job surveying the field on Saturday than he did in KCís exhibition in Chicago. It didnít do him much good, though.

Youíre not going to win NFL games with 7-yard completions. The opposition is going to play man-to-man, crowd the line of scrimmage and make life miserable for Larry Johnson.

Thereís no reason for a bad football team ever to have a quarterback controversy, especially between a kid and a career backup.

But thatís where weíre headed if Croyle doesnít show some flashes of mediocrity and goodness in Kansas Cityís road exhibition next week against Miami.

Count Alex's Losses
08-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Oh Whitlock, go piss up a rope. It's the preseason. That game was a glorified scrimmage. They didn't even stick with the original gameplan from what I heard.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-16-2008, 11:16 PM
BRODIE SUCKS...WE'RE DOOMED!!

DeezNutz
08-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Thereís no reason for a bad football team ever to have a quarterback controversy, especially between a kid and a career backup.

But thatís where weíre headed if Croyle doesnít show some flashes of mediocrity and goodness in Kansas Cityís road exhibition next week against Miami.

:hmmm: Repost?

Bearcat
08-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Oh Whitlock, go piss up a rope. It's the preseason. That game was a glorified scrimmage. They didn't even stick with the original gameplan from what I heard.

Eh... just doing his job, trying to stir things up. I guess he didn't come here before writing the article, or else he'd know things didn't need stirred up.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-16-2008, 11:22 PM
They went into the game wanting to get the running game going, they did a good job of that, IMO.

J Diddy
08-16-2008, 11:23 PM

someday, if you work hard enough, he might let you carry his jock strap

hack

Molitoth
08-16-2008, 11:24 PM
*Sigh*

Fruit Ninja
08-16-2008, 11:24 PM
I dont give a **** how bad Brodie is, i NEVER EVER want to see Damon i got my will taken from me last year Huard under the center. I rather see Thigpen run for his life. lol

I know for a fact that fans will not be cheering and calling for Huard. Why?

Wile_E_Coyote
08-16-2008, 11:25 PM
:doh!:I feel ill now

Count Alex's Losses
08-16-2008, 11:26 PM

hack

Whitlock's the hack tonight. He made a mountain out of a molehill.

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Whitlock's the hack tonight. He made a mountain out of a molehill.I agree.

You remember the Chiefs were 0-6 in games started by Croyle a season ago?

Oddly enough LJ never played in any of those games. I don't think they won a game without him.

Love him or hate him, he's a guy that demands respect in a game-plan. And that makes a difference.

Smed1065
08-16-2008, 11:31 PM
So he had this already written, considering the time frame
he got it typed up, approved and posted?

Smed1065
08-16-2008, 11:36 PM
:doh!:I feel ill now

Someone seems to have plagiarized someone, which one is it?

LOL

http://scosoft.com/h/s/64e08db.gif

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey even if all that proves true we'll just be in position to draft a QB next year....even if Croyle is horribly bad I'd rather go 2-14 and have the 1st pick than play Huard to win 5 games.

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Hey even if all that proves true we'll just be in position to draft a QB next year....even if Croyle is horribly bad I'd rather go 2-14 and have the 1st pick than play Huard to win 5 games.Agreed.

Deberg_1990
08-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Yes, but for one Glorious August Night a few weeks back, Brodie Croyle looked like a future Hall of Famer....

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Yes, but for one Glorious August Night a few weeks back, Brodie Croyle looked like a future Hall of Famer....

I bet you could do that to, let me get you the yellow jersey and a practice field.

Skip Towne

hack

Claythan would rather sniff it.

Smed1065
Right now the Chiefs have one quarterback on their roster who can win an NFL game — and it ain’t Brodie Croyle or Tyler Wishbone.

Really? Proves why he his fathead.com

Count Alex's Losses
08-16-2008, 11:40 PM

Oh what a niiiiiiiiiiiiight :)

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Right now the Chiefs have one quarterback on their roster who can win an NFL game ó and it ainít Brodie Croyle or Tyler Wishbone.

Well as of now Croyle hasn't won any games...if he starts his career 0-14 or 1-15 or something like that, that is a horrid omen for him being the guy.

DeezNutz
08-16-2008, 11:41 PM

The song about getting cybered for the first time...

Deberg_1990
08-16-2008, 11:42 PM

Tell me, Why do you suck off average players so much just because they wear a Chiefs jersey? People would appreciate it more if you stopped blowing smoke up their ass.

KcMizzou

:rockon:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/liyiT_DGREA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/liyiT_DGREA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Count Alex's Losses
Tell me, Why do you suck off average players so much just because they wear a Chiefs jersey? People would appreciate it more if you stopped blowing smoke up their ass.

I don't think I do, to be honest. I rip plenty of guys.

Deberg_1990
08-16-2008, 11:43 PM

Ill give you some credit. At least you never hopped on the Sippio wagon.

Mecca

It's pretty common for most fans honestly.......I've yet to really see someone tell me why Croyle can be the guy other than he's a QB drafted by your favorite team that is being given a shot.

I'm sure there's some Bills fans that still think JP Losman is the guy hasn't been given enough time and is upset Trent Edwards is playing.

KcMizzou
I don't think I do, to be honest. I rip plenty of guys.I for one, don't think you're a homer. You're a Chiefs fan... nothin' wrong with that.

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:45 PM

I think that article you wrote about a practice was pushing it.....he should look good in practice. There's no fear of getting hit, he has good mobility and a strong arm.

It would be like lauding Kyle Boller after a combine workout, yes the physical talent is there but how does that really translate to the game?

Bearcat
08-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I agree.

Oddly enough LJ never played in any of those games. I don't think they won a game without him.

Love him or hate him, he's a guy that demands respect in a game-plan. And that makes a difference.

Yep... just a good sh*t-stirring stat. The loss to Indy was on Herm and/or Solari, and no one showed up in Denver.

"one QB on the roster who can win a game (because, someone who hasn't won an NFL start can't win one).... but, uh, I'm not ready to write him off yet". Nice, Whitlock. :shake:

Smed1065
08-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Well as of now Croyle hasn't won any games...if he starts his career 0-14 or 1-15 or something like that, that is a horrid omen for him being the guy.

I was referring to the all knowing, no one can win an NFL game attitude unless I say so Whitlock tude.

Wait is the Whitless user ID on CP? http://scosoft.com/h/x/51627c1f.gif

Guess ML was 40 million and 2 rounds better than BC tonight, against 2nd and 3rd teamers?

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 11:48 PM
It's pretty common for most fans honestly.......I've yet to really see someone tell me why Croyle can be the guy other than he's a QB drafted by your favorite team that is being given a shot.

I'm sure there's some Bills fans that still think JP Losman is the guy hasn't been given enough time and is upset Trent Edwards is playing.You're like the perpetual devil's advocate.

If anyone's happy, or excited about any member of the Kansas City Chiefs, you're right there to tell them about how average they are.

"Player X on team Y makes this guy look like a joke. And if they'd only drafted that guy from USC"

Smed1065
08-16-2008, 11:49 PM

I'm sure there's some Bills fans that still think JP Losman is the guy hasn't been given enough time and is upset Trent Edwards is playing.

What has Lienart shown to prove he is a starter as well then?

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:50 PM
You're like the perpetual devil's advocate.

If anyone's happy, or excited about any member of the Kansas City Chiefs, you're right there to tell them about how average they are.

"Player X on team Y makes this guy look like a joke. And if they'd only drafted that guy from USC"

LOL, um I don't think I've said anything bad about Bowe or Dorsey....or actually alot of the team.

beach tribe
08-16-2008, 11:51 PM
You're like the perpetual devil's advocate.

I think he wants others to share his misery.

I cannot remember a post from mecca that was an evaluation of a chiefs player that said anything positive.

beach tribe
08-16-2008, 11:51 PM
LOL, um I don't think I've said anything bad about Bowe or Dorsey....or actually alot of the team.

You haven't said anything good about them either.

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:52 PM
What has Lienart shown to prove he is a starter as well then?

Ok firstly if we're gonna have this convo.....Leinart, not Leinhart or Lienhart or however else people spell his name around here.

And he doesn't sit in a great position his own self. He was rather blah in tonights game and his head coach isn't the one who drafted him. Matt Leinart was a great college player who still has questions to answer while not even being given the courtesy Croyle is he has a head coach that would rather win 8 games with Warner it appears.

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:53 PM

I cannot remember a post from mecca that was an evaluation of a chiefs player that said anything positive.

Uh I give a pretty honest evaluation of players atleast what I think of them anyway.

What do you want me to do find a bunch of glowing players on the 3 win team? If that were the case we'd be a good team.

beach tribe
Ok firstly if we're gonna have this convo.....Leinart, not Leinhart or Lienhart or however else people spell his name around here.

And he doesn't sit in a great position his own self. He was rather blah in tonights game and his head coach isn't the one who drafted him. Matt Leinart was a great college player who still has questions to answer while not even being given the courtesy Croyle is he had a head coach that would rather win 8 games with Warner it appears.

8 games is better than 5 I guess.

DeezNutz
If you want an example of stirring shit without any basis, take a look at a couple of lines from Kent Babb's work about KC rookies and how they played in tonight's game:

"The other youngster, rookie defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, was limited Saturday after missing most of the last two weeks because of a sprained left knee. Dorsey was in the starting lineup but came out after one play.

He returned on occasion but hasn’t yet flexed that potential the Chiefs expect out of their top draft pick and $51 million man."

"Edwards has said he knows Flowers can play in the NFL and be a solid starter. But if Saturday is an indication, that will take time."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/752285.html

Deberg_1990
[url].

Imagine this scenario: Kansas Cityís running game is extremely productive, Dwayne Bowe improves on his rookie-year performance, Tony Gonzalez remains Tony Gonzalez, and rookie William Franklin develops as a viable pass-catching option.

What if Croyle, KCís young QB of the future, is the offensive weak link?

Ive actually kind of wondered this myself the past month or so. Oh well, if Croyle is bad, then the Chiefs will most definately be in the Stafford sweepstakes next April and it will be the final nail in the CP coffin.

Win, Win situation.

KcMizzou
08-16-2008, 11:54 PM

I cannot remember a post from mecca that was an evaluation of a chiefs player that said anything positive.Likewise.

He mentioned Dorsey and Bowe... It's true that I haven't heard him say anything bad about them... but I haven't heard anything good either.

:p

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Ive actually kind of wondered this myself the past month or so. Oh well, if Croyle is bad, then the Chiefs will most definately be in the Stafford sweepstakes next April and it will be the final nail in the CP coffin.

Win, Win situation.

I still think alot of people even in this situation will not want to take a QB, especially if it involves Croyle being injured.

DeezNutz
Dorsey has yet to flex his potential? WTF is this? This is the evaluation after what? Two or three snaps when he was double teamed (simmer down, GoChiefs, not that kind of double team)?

Mecca
Likewise.

He mentioned Dorsey and Bowe... It's true that I haven't heard him say anything bad about them... but I haven't heard anything good either.

:p
Uh Bowe is one of the best young receivers in the league.....I thought that was pretty well accepted.

Count Alex's Losses
08-16-2008, 11:56 PM
All this outrage over a quarterback who was 7 for 13 with no picks.

I'd hate to see the explosion if Croyle had thrown a pick tonight.

Mecca
8 games is better than 5 I guess.

The Chiefs might be able to win more games with Huard than Croyle, same thing...

When you take a QB in the top 10 you have to let him to play to find out.

KcMizzou
Uh Bowe is one of the best young receivers in the league.....I thought that was pretty well accepted.Thanks for that.

Did it make you feel dirty?

J Diddy
08-16-2008, 11:57 PM
The song about getting cybered for the first time...

no it's about a really cool game of go fish whilest baby sitting children on a friday night, because there was nothing i'd rather do in high school

The Bad Guy
08-16-2008, 11:57 PM

Didn't stick to the original gameplan?

So you mean to tell me that they altered the gameplan for a preseason game? They altered what they practiced all week?

Give me a break.

Last week, Croyle looked spectacular and you were drooling over him. This week, he didn't look so good, and you're saying "it's just preseason".

So it's just "preseason" when he sucks, but not when he does well?

Nice double-standard, basement dweller.

Mecca
08-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks for that.

Did it make you feel dirty?

Ha no

I think this article is more about how Croyle is unimpressive and kinda "there" than about him being brutally awful.

Count Alex's Losses
Didn't stick to the original gameplan?

So you mean to tell me that they altered the gameplan for a preseason game? They altered what they practiced all week?

Give me a break.

Last week, Croyle looked spectacular and you were drooling over him. This week, he didn't look so good, and you're saying "it's just preseason".

So it's just "preseason" when he sucks, but not when he does well?

Nice double-standard, basement dweller.

I think that's accurate. You could clearly see the gameplan was more vanilla tonight than last week.

Smed1065

And he doesn't sit in a great position his own self. He was rather blah in tonights game and his head coach isn't the one who drafted him. Matt Leinart was a great college player who still has questions to answer while not even being given the courtesy Croyle is he has a head coach that would rather win 8 games with Warner it appears.

8 wins is the motto in Chiefland, I thought.

He was a top 10 pick, no? So maybe he should show more than a 3rd rounder? Since he has more game experience as well.

FAX
All this outrage over a quarterback who was 7 for 13 with no picks.

I'd hate to see the explosion if Croyle had thrown a pick tonight.

I heard a snippet via the miracle of internet radio in which Lenny commented on the fact that Croyle had 7 completions for about 20 total yards or something??

What was going on? Were we practicing the dumpoff or just the dump?

FAX

Phobia

Tell it to Troy Aikman.

J Diddy

oh yeah and he was coached by caroll

Deberg_1990
08-17-2008, 12:01 AM
The Chiefs might be able to win more games with Huard than Croyle, same thing...

I honestly believe that. But i will admit the Chiefs are doing the smart thing and giving Croyle a shot. Its pointless to try and grind out 7-8 wins with Huard.

Mecca
Tell it to Troy Aikman.

If he had been a 3rd round pick and not the 1st overall odds are they would have moved on..

1st round pick, especially 1st overall will be given alot more of a benefit of a doubt than a 3rd rounder.

Not to mention they turned around and used an extremely high pick in the supp draft on Walsh, so they had questions.

Mecca
oh yeah and he was coached by caroll

LOL, I think that matters for for defensive players out of SC than offensive ones.

J Diddy
If he had been a 3rd round pick and not the 1st overall odds are they would have moved on..

1st round pick, especially 1st overall will be given alot more of a benefit of a doubt than a 3rd rounder.

wha......

you just said the exact opposite

Phobia
08-17-2008, 12:02 AM

Sure but it was a horrible omen just the same, no? Don't you think the Cowboys fans in the 80's were poopooing the Aikman draft pick in his first year?

Hydrae
08-17-2008, 12:03 AM
How can Bowe have some superb year if the QB is not getting the ball to him? How does that work, is LJ going to start throwing RB option passes?

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:03 AM
wha......

you just said the exact opposite

Uh a 1st round pick especially a 1st overall pick is going to be given alot more time than a mid rounder.

Arizona is a weird situation don't use them as an example, they have a head coach that didn't draft that QB.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:04 AM
wha......

you just said the exact oppositeFunny how that works...

J Diddy
08-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Uh a 1st round pick especially a 1st overall pick is going to be given alot more time than a mid rounder.

Arizona is a weird situation don't use them as an example, they have a head coach that didn't draft that QB.

you just said brodie had the advantage while poor matt leanfart didnt

you said that

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Funny how that works...

Oh cmon are you really gonna play that?

We all know 1st round QB's will be given more time, lets use Arizona as an example when most everyone will say they're stupid for not just seeing what Leinart is.

They are an extreme exception not the rule. But ok the 1 out of 100 that means I don't know what I'm talking about.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:06 AM
you just said brodie had the advantage while poor matt leanfart didnt

you said that

In comparison to that situation he does because their coach seems to want to "win now" when that's 8 games with Kurt Warner than find out what his top 10 pick QB is..

But like I said extreme exception 1 out of 100. I would never use that as a good example to how things generally go or how things should be handled.

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Jesus Christ. Here is Whitlock after a loss:

1) make "hilarious" new moniker for Carl Peterson
2) throw Herm under the bus, just for safe measure
3) claim that he "knew" this outcome was coming, whatever it may be
4) predict change in the future, i.e important position such as QB

Ahh, the Whitlock formula, so refreshing ...

J Diddy
08-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Oh cmon are you really gonna play that?

We all know 1st round QB's will be given more time, lets use Arizona as an example when most everyone will say they're stupid for not just seeing what Leinart is.

They are an extreme exception not the rule. But ok the 1 out of 100 that means I don't know what I'm talking about.

every night you wake up in a cold sweat with the fear of losing anything, don't you

KCTitus
08-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Yes, Herm Edwards loves a field goal more than most coaches...

lol...unless, Marty's in the league, there's no other coach that loves the 'killer' FG more than Herm.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:10 AM
every night you wake up in a cold sweat with the fear of losing anything, don't you

No not really, I just don't like when people throw exceptions at me as the rule.

Like with the LJ and 400 carries thing, odds are you will follow the rule and not be the exception and you shouldn't expect to be the exception.

Croyle has this year, if he is awful the team is picking #1 overall or he gets injured again that means we need to be looking at QB's.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:11 AM

Not to mention they turned around and used an extremely high pick in the supp draft on Walsh, so they had questions.

So you are saying a first round pick means teams get lucky? With letting a QB develop.

So teams are stupid after year 2 if they keep a QB drafted in less than the first round are under performing?

Starts do not matter?

I guess because the 1st round picks start sooner and have more opportunities and experience when they are cut?

4 years for a first rounder and 2 years for a less than first round QB drafted?

Deberg_1990
08-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Croyle has this year, if he is awful the team is picking #1 overall or he gets injured again that means we need to be looking at QB's.

Im with you. If we pick top 3 next year there are going to be ton of people saying "NO QB" "I dont want to rebuild with a young QB again" etc, etc etc....

beach tribe
08-17-2008, 12:13 AM

When you take a QB in the top 10 you have to let him to play to find out.

Not when you'll probably lose you're job if you don't make the playoffs. Whisencunt doesn't have the rebuilding excuse Herm does. He's got Talent, and he needs to win, and he doesn't think your boy can get it done.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Just for the record... I'm totally for Bert eating baby's heads.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:14 AM
So you are saying a first round pick means teams get lucky? With letting a QB develop.

So teams are stupid after year 2 if they keep a QB drafted in less than the first round are under performing?

Starts do not matter?

I guess because the 1st round picks start sooner and have more opportunities and experience when they are cut?

4 years for a first rounder and 2 years for a less than first round QB drafted?

I'm telling you it's money reasons, if a 3rd round player isn't good early on you can easily move to another QB, where as if you took a guy top 10 you are committed to him for several years you can't draft another QB. That's why they get more time it's financially driven.

Low round QB's that succeed stepped in and succeeded early on because they know those teams have 0 financial investment in them and can move on in the snap of a finger, a high pick you can't do that.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Not when you'll probably lose you're job if you don't make the playoffs. Whisen**nt doesn't have the rebuilding excuse Herm does. He's got Talent, and he needs to win, and he doesn't think your boy can get it done.

He got hired last year, it's his 2nd year.....not playing Leinart is goin to set them back, Warner is older than hell they aren't a bowl contender and they have a ton of money tied into a QB...what are they gonna do?

beach tribe
08-17-2008, 12:17 AM
He got hired last year, it's his 2nd year.....not playing Leinart is goin to set them back, Warner is older than hell they aren't a bowl contender and they have a ton of money tied into a QB...what are they gonna do?

They're gonna be the Cardinals...

FAX
08-17-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm saddened by the fact that Croyle is such an abysmal loser. What a clown. An unfunny clown in a football suit.

FAX

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Im with you. If we pick top 3 next year there are going to be ton of people saying "NO QB" "I dont want to rebuild with a young QB again" etc, etc etc....

I'm sure, there is going to be a portion of people that back Croyle no matter what, so even horrible things happen they'll still call for him to be the guy and no QB.

Just like there are people that will hate him no matter what. I try to lean to the middle on this right now cause I don't think anyone really knows, I lean a little more to the side of no than yes just because of his injury history though.

I don't think you can build a team around a player that can't play a full season at that position.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:20 AM
All I'm gonna say about it is this, he has this year, if he is horrible, gets injured...we have the #1-5 pick etc...are we in agreement that we are going to have to be looking at QB's?

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm saddened by the fact that Croyle is such an abysmal loser. What a clown. An unfunny clown in a football suit.

FAXMr. FAX... As Mr. Rausch would say, "NEIN!!"

The proverbial book has not been closed on Mr. Croyle just yet!

beach tribe
08-17-2008, 12:21 AM
OFF subject but didn't think it needed it's own thread.

Flacco looks HORRIBLE.

KcMizzou
Just sayin'

beach tribe
All I'm gonna say about it is this, he has this year, if he is horrible, gets injured...we have the #1-5 pick etc...are we in agreement that we are going to have to be looking at QB's?

agreed.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:22 AM
OFF subject but didn't think it needed it's own thread.

Flacco looks HORRIBLE.

That's not surprising....big arm got him overdrafted by numerous rounds. You'd think a team that did the same thing with Boller would have learned it's lesson.

KcMizzou
All I'm gonna say about it is this, he has this year, if he is horrible, gets injured...we have the #1-5 pick etc...are we in agreement that we are going to have to be looking at QB's?Of course.

JuicesFlowing

FAX

Thigpen as the starter? Huard? I'LL TAKE CROYLE.

Smed1065
So BC is a bust and ML is good for this year?
http://scosoft.com/h/r/5e73a009.gif

I know you said BC has this year and I agree. I just have to bust on the first round pick means great compared to a 3rd rounder.

I also noticed the driving force is job security? Then first rounders should all be bust for 3 years.

The same motivation does not work for everyone but you state it it does. People are motivated by different things, not just your view. Maybe people want to prove the world wrong or want to be the best they can be?

Low round QB's that succeed stepped in and succeeded early on because they know those teams have 0 financial investment in them and can move on in the snap of a finger, a high pick you can't do that.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:23 AM
agreed.

Ok we're on the same page, I think we'll have to draft one either way just due to needing a backup even if he's good but the round level changes.

Even if Croyle proves to not be the guy as a starter I think he'll be a good backup.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:23 AM

I agree.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:24 AM
So BC is a bust and ML is good for this year?
http://scosoft.com/h/r/5e73a009.gif

I know you said BC has this year and I agree. I just have to bust on the first round pick means great compared to a 3rd rounder.

I also noticed the driving force is job security? Then first rounders should all be bust for 3 years.

The same motivation does not work for everyone but you state it it does. People are motivated by different things, not just your view. Maybe people want to prove the world wrong or want to be the best they can be?

I don't think either one of them is a bust or a hit....right now they're there that's all.

I'm just being realistic about what teams do, name a low round QB that got significant time without producing early on. It just doesn't happen the ones that stuck are guys that produced when they got on the field.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:25 AM
That's not surprising....big arm got him overdrafted by numerous rounds. You'd think a team that did the same thing with Boller would have learned it's lesson.

Is he a bust already?

:D

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Is he a bust already?

:D

Ha no, I just don't really like QB's like him...having a huge arm isn't the #1 quality a QB should have. Workout risers are the scariest things ever at that position.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:27 AM
I don't think either one of them is a bust or a hit....right now they're there that's all.

I'm just being realistic about what teams do, name a low round QB that got significant time without producing early on. It just doesn't happen the ones that stuck are guys that produced when they got on the field.

I agree as well but when you post, you seem to come across as different than that opinion, maybe its just me.

Good to talk football though.

Nightfyre
08-17-2008, 12:27 AM
TBH, I'm still pretty disappointed we didn't move up to snag Brohm. He would have been perfect for a west coast scheme, and if Croyle didn't pan out this year, we could have had Brohm ready to go next year. Sigh.

FAX
08-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Mr. FAX... As Mr. Rausch would say, "NEIN!!"

The proverbial book has not been closed on Mr. Croyle just yet!

Oh. Sorry.

I was merely joining with the posting majority, Mr. KcMizzou. Croyle execration appears to be in vogue.

FAX

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:29 AM
TBH, I'm still pretty disappointed we didn't move up to snag Brohm. He would have been perfect for a west coast scheme, and if Croyle didn't pan out this year, we could have had Brohm ready to go next year. Sigh.

Well now it's Stafford or Harper in my view.....

Brohm has a tendency to get injured too..you just can't have an injury prone QB.

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 12:43 AM
This is pretty hilarious. A mediocre QB such as Trent Dilfer can "manage" his team to a SB victory, and everyone is happy. But in preseason, Chiefs Planet has a meltdown over one Brodie Croyle and some overthrows. I guess it's something to talk about though. Continue on. No, wait. Let's scrap the whole team and start over.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:45 AM
This is pretty hilarious. A mediocre QB such as Trent Dilfer can "manage" his team to a SB victory, and everyone is happy. But in preseason, Chiefs Planet has a meltdown over one Brodie Croyle and some overthrows. I guess it's something to talk about though. Continue on. No, wait. Let's scrap the whole team and start over.

Do you really expect to have one of the best defenses in the history of the league?

Once again that's an exception and not the rule.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:46 AM
This is pretty hilarious. A mediocre QB such as Trent Dilfer can "manage" his team to a SB victory, and everyone is happy. But in preseason, Chiefs Planet has a meltdown over one Brodie Croyle and some overthrows. I guess it's something to talk about though. Continue on. No, wait. Let's scrap the whole team and start over.Heh, we did that already.

Now it seems most people feel we need to do it again.

I'm flustrated.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:46 AM

I mean he was drafted in the 3rd round.

Lies, all Lies!

OK, I need to stop.

http://scosoft.com/h/f/57c6e43b.gif

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Also even if you hate Croyle, don't think he's the guy and think we need another QB, and even if we end up drafting a QB in the top 5 next year that isn't "scraping the team" it's a scenario that should be prepared for.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Heh, we did that already.

I'm flustrated.

Herm does use the internet...

Ok Vivian Lee tell your dad he is banned.

http://scosoft.com/h/f/28778cc9.gif

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Heh, we did that already.

I'm flustrated.

I was being sarcastic. I'm one of the few Croyle supporters here. Everyone is overreacting and already trying to draft another QB.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Also even if you hate Croyle, don't think he's the guy and think we need another QB, and even if we end up drafting a QB in the top 5 next year that isn't "scraping the team" it's a scenario that should be prepared for.

True, that gives BC another year at least. More than enough. Unless he is Joe Horny.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:53 AM
I was being sarcastic. I'm one of the few Croyle supporters here. Everyone is overreacting and already trying to draft another QB.

Ok what if we end up with the #1 pick next year....are you prepared to say you go with him again?

Or what if he gets injured again, Croyle has this year he is probably going to answer numerous questions.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:53 AM
I was being sarcastic. I'm one of the few Croyle supporters here. Everyone is overreacting and already trying to draft another QB.Well, **** 'em.

Let's see how it goes.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:54 AM

If we do draft another QB, that means 1 more year for BC, and I agree. I think BC will be fine but plan ahead.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:54 AM
I think pretty much everyone is fine with giving Croyle this year, if he is horrendous or gets hurt again we will have to draft one that is all I really said about drafting another QB.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:55 AM
If we do draft another QB, that means 1 more year for BC, and I agree. I think BC will be fine but plan ahead.

If they take a QB 1st overall Croyle is done here unless he's the backup...they aren't going to sit a guy with a 75 million dollar contract on the bench.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:56 AM
I think pretty much everyone is fine with giving Croyle this year, if he is horrendous or gets hurt again we will have to draft one that is all I really said about drafting another QB.

I agree but maybe its the way you type-LOL

Come across.

alanm
08-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Kind of like the omen that Steve Young started off with with Tampa Bay. ;)

picasso
08-17-2008, 01:19 AM

Yeah that is true.

picasso
08-17-2008, 01:24 AM

Who wants to draft another rookie QB so that this coaching staff can F em up? Get a solid veteran QB that can lead young players. If we had a great QB developing coach I would be all for it but we don't.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Who wants to draft another rookie QB so that this coaching staff can F em up? Get a solid veteran QB that can lead young players. If we had a great QB developing coach I would be all for it but we don't.

Where are you gonna get one of those?

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 01:28 AM
Year 10 of 11?

At least Curls family is honest, they knew he was a dick.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Honestly Croyle didnt look that bad tonight. Whitlock is stirring the pot IMO. The Cardinals had Bowe covered like glue tonight. Darling needs to learn how to run a freaking route, thats his problem.

FAX
08-17-2008, 01:39 AM
Honestly Croyle didnt look that bad tonight. Whitlock is stirring the pot IMO. The Cardinals had Bowe covered like glue tonight. Darling needs to learn how to run a freaking route, thats his problem.

Thanks for the report, Mr. ChiefsCountry. It's very much appreciated.

Not to blow additional smoke up Croyle's already somewhat sooty patootie, but after nights like this, you kind of wonder what the mysterious and inscrutable Chan was working on - offense-wise, I mean. In pre-season, it makes sense to focus on different aspects of the offense in different games since the first unit is only on the field for a short while.

FAX

Tribal Warfare
08-17-2008, 01:40 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo, It's all Croyle's fault the football god's have smite his existence for all-time!

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 01:43 AM

Not to blow additional smoke up Croyle's already somewhat sooty patootie, but after nights like this, you kind of wonder what the mysterious and inscrutable Chan was working on - offense-wise, I mean. In pre-season, it makes sense to focus on different aspects of the offense in different games since the first unit is only on the field for a short while.

FAX

Gailey ran some weird stuff tonight. The fade route to back end zone was there all night, I know in the 2nd quarter when Brodie threw one to the front row, Darling could have broke his route off and went to the back of the end zone he could have a touchdown. They were working on the screen pass alot tonight as well and the Cardinals had the boot covered pretty well.

J Diddy
08-17-2008, 01:44 AM

FAX

they were working on 3 and outs
did pretty good too

FAX
08-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Just looking at nfl.com (maybe I'm reading this incorrectly?). But it looks like the first unit had two 3-and-outs and two ho-hum, but fairly long drives then ended in FGs.

The first 3-and-out started with ...

1-10-KC 30 (6:42) 27-L.Johnson up the middle to KC 30 for no gain (58-K.Dansby).
2-10-KC 30 (6:42) 27-L.Johnson left tackle to KC 32 for 2 yards (24-A.Wilson).

... that sounds kinda familiar, for some reason.

The second one started with an incomplete pass deep left intended for Darling (I think this may be one of the overthrows the Croyle haters are talking about). Second down was LJ for two yards followed by another incomplete pass deep left to Darling. Based on Mr. ChiefsCountry's eye witness testimony, one has to at least wonder a little about Darling's routes.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 01:56 AM
It couldn't POSSIBLY be Croyle overthrowing Darling, right? RIGHT?

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 02:00 AM
It couldn't POSSIBLY be Croyle overthrowing Darling, right? RIGHT?You need to decide who's jock you're gonna ride on.

Real quick-like.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 02:02 AM
they were working on 3 and outs
did pretty good too

thought they perfected that last year.

Yeah, they had stumbles but look at the fact of rookies?

Guess we suck cause we had no 21/25 passer for 400 yards. No 150 yard rusher.

Trent oh Trent come back. Your third year was great.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 02:04 AM
You need to decide who's jock you're gonna ride on.

Real quick-like.

Maximus he can?

http://scosoft.com/h/i/1ebde0bd.gif

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 02:07 AM
You need to decide who's jock you're gonna ride on.

Real quick-like.

Croyle overthrew Darling twice. Doesn't mean he sucks.

FAX
08-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Maybe, Mr. GoChiefs. I didn't see the game, so I can't say. We are, however, lucky enough to have eye witness, first hand testimony that Darling is running routes that suck gravel chunks out of a Sudanese Wal-Mart foundation's backfill.

These were sideline patterns, I'm guessing?

FAX

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 02:15 AM
Maybe, Mr. GoChiefs. I didn't see the game, so I can't say. We are, however, lucky enough to have eye witness, first hand testimony that Darling is running routes that suck gravel chunks out of a Sudanese Wal-Mart foundation's backfill.

These were sideline patterns, I'm guessing?

FAX

Yep, its not so much running bad patterns - great receivers know how to get open, Darling did not show that at all.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 02:20 AM
Brodie was visibly upset with Darling. To me, that means Darling wasn't where Brodie expected him to be.

Now, that could be on Brodie, or it could be on Darling.

What's the deal Gochiefs? You're the guy with the crazy premium-worthy inside news.

FAX
08-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Hey! I was winning this debate, Mr. ChiefsCountry!! What's the big idea of jumping in here with true facts and exactness and a load of that ding dang verisimilitude juju?????

FAX

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Yep, its not so much running bad patterns - great receivers know how to get open, Darling did not show that at all.

#2 receiver on the Chiefs is suppose to be great?

http://scosoft.com/h/x/632471a5.gif

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 02:24 AM
Brodie was visibly upset with Darling. To me, that means Darling wasn't where Brodie expected him to be.

Now, that could be on Brodie, or it could be on Darling.

What's the deal Gochiefs? You're the guy with the crazy premium-worthy inside news.

Was that Brodie's reaction on tv? I was at the game and you could tell he wasnt running the right routes.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 02:25 AM
Oh bullsquat. You can't tell that unless you're in the goddamn huddle.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 02:28 AM

How much football did you play again? And did you play WR?

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 02:28 AM
What exactly told you Darling was running the wrong routes? Body language?

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Was that Brodie's reaction on tv? I was at the game and you could tell he wasnt running the right routes.He didn't make a big deal about it, but it was clear that he was pissed.

Honestly, I consider that a good sign.

It's his team now, ya know? If somebody ****s up... tell 'em about it.

I think this kid's really turning into a QB, and a leader.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 02:30 AM
What exactly told you Darling was running the wrong routes? Body language?

For one, Brodie's throw is the big one. Second, he has no common sense how to get open. His routes arent crisp at all. I have no clue why you are slobbering over his jock. He is a 3rd receiver at best.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 02:31 AM
How much football did you play again? And did you play WR?

How much NFL did you play. Your reviews seems to go against most so far.

You even mentioned great receiver and the #2 receiver for the Chiefs-LOL

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 02:32 AM
How much NFL did you play. Your reviews seems to go against most so far.

You even mentioned great receiver and the #2 receiver for the Chiefs-LOL

Glad you took that quote out of context. I said great receivers know how to get open and help their quarterback out. Darling showed no signs of that at all.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 02:34 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XT54T42ldec&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XT54T42ldec&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Arrowhead
08-17-2008, 02:34 AM
i look at this way, we are gonna find out if the kid can play this year, if he cant o well, then most likely we will be in a good position to draft Stafford for next year

FAX
08-17-2008, 02:35 AM

Herm says that, when the great typest in the sky watches you use a keyboard, she don't have to know if you're writing a book or a letter to your momma to know you're hitting the wrong keys 'cause there ain't no words that start with the letters "fr".

FAX

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 02:36 AM
i look at this way, we are gonna find out if the kid can play this year, if he cant o well, then most likely we will be in a good position to draft Stafford for next year

Pretty much or Tebow or Cullen Harper, who I think will be the best out of the bunch.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 02:37 AM
For one, Brodie's throw is the big one. Second, he has no common sense how to get open. His routes arent crisp at all. I have no clue why you are slobbering over his jock. He is a 3rd receiver at best.

He's the starter, sorry. He'll be the starter. Franklin is the slot. End of story.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm not going to get into an argument over preseason performances but I have to say that J-Whit's performance is the worst of the evening.

If this is what you're being paid for, you'd better be prepared to be fired.

Personally, I would be absolutely disgusted with myself if I wrote this article.

And for me, that's saying a lot :)

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 02:40 AM
He's the starter, sorry. He'll be the starter. Franklin is the slot. End of story.

By the end of the year one of the young WR's will beat him out.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 02:41 AM
He's the starter, sorry. He'll be the starter. Franklin is the slot. End of story.Works for me, I'm rooting for Franklin. I'm a Mizzou homer, obviously.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2008, 02:42 AM
Works for me, I'm rooting for Franklin. I'm a Mizzou homer, obviously.

Personally, I don't care if the guy went to Sadam Hussein University as long as he can separate and catch the ****ing football.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 02:42 AM
I'm not going to get into an argument over preseason performances but I have to say that J-Whit's performance is the worst of the evening.

Personally, I would be absolutely disgusted with myself if I wrote this article.

And for me, that's saying a lot :)Yeah... doesn't seem like he put much thought into it.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 02:43 AM
Glad you took that quote out of context. I said great receivers know how to get open and help their quarterback out. Darling showed no signs of that at all.

You did? http://scosoft.com/h/q/18756af5.gif

Here is the quote. Glad you remember what you said and proved me wrong.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 02:44 AM
Personally, I don't care if the guy went to Sadam Hussein University as long as he can separate and catch the ****ing football.Will can do that... and he's already shown that he can catch in traffic... and take a hit.

He's a keeper.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 02:45 AM

And for me, that's saying a lot :)

He has immunity. He can write whatever he wants. The Chiefs aren't going to do anything about it and neither is his employer.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2008, 02:46 AM
Will can do that... and he's already shown that he can catch in traffic... and take a hit.

He's a keeper.

I know. I was just making a joke :D

Regardless of where he went to school, the guy's an NFL receiver.

No doubt.

I'm sure it makes it even more fun when you've watched him for however many years in college.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 02:47 AM
Yeah... doesn't seem like he put much thought into it.

I think it was wrote before tonight's game even.

I do not believe he wrote the article, had it approved and posted in 2 hours. I doubt a company that efficient would hire Biggy.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2008, 02:47 AM
He has immunity. He can write whatever he wants. The Chiefs aren't going to do anything about it and neither is his employer.

For that, I'm not surprised.

And don't even get me started.

More people would hate me than ever before.

:evil:

P.S. - complacency

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Personally, I don't care if the guy went to Sadam Hussein University as long as he can separate and catch the ****ing football.

That is freaking awesome. You get rep for that.

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 02:50 AM
I know. I was just making a joke :D

Regardless of where he went to school, the guy's an NFL receiver.

No doubt.

I'm sure it makes it even more fun when you've watched him for however many years in college.Yeah... it's different. He's suddenly my favorite player.

If he could just be a solid WR for the Chiefs I'd be thrilled. Honestly though, I'm hoping for more.

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 02:52 AM

He sells papers, so to speak.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2008, 02:56 AM
Yeah... it's different. He's suddenly my favorite player.

If he could just be a solid WR for the Chiefs I'd be thrilled. Honestly though, I'm hoping for more.

If the guy can show up year in and year out and make 50 or more catches a year, I think we'd all be in thrilled. And from what I've seen (which granted, isn't much - a bowl game and a few games here or there plus Chicago), I don't think that's out of the question.

I purchased the Total Sports Package this year so I can see all the Fox Sports College games, so I'm stoked. Even though I spent the majority of my life in Kansas, I spent 5 years in Missouri.

And when you're this far from home, you just hope that ANYBODY is successful. Even moreso when they've been drafted by the Chiefs!

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 02:59 AM
He sells papers, so to speak.Whitlock has moments of greatness... he's really a fantastic sports writer.

The fact is, he's just gotten too big for his britches. He's too busy with ESPN to be bothered by things like Chiefs training camp.

He's too big for KC now. A whale in a pond...

Just ask him.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2008, 03:03 AM
Whitlock has moments of greatness... he's really a fantastic sports writer.

The fact is, he's just gotten too big for his britches. He's too busy with ESPN to be bothered by things like Chiefs training camp.

He's too big for KC now. A whale in a pond...

Just ask him.

There's no doubt he thinks he's a whale in a pond.

But at this point in time, he'd never make it in LA or NY.

The boy needs a serious sitdown to get his shit straight.

And I mean that sincerely.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 03:04 AM
Whitlock wrote a crap article to get by it seems like. When him and JoPo are writing their best, they are among the best sports writers in the country. The beat writing for the Star sucks, but the Star has a pretty good sports page compared to alot of the cities I have been to.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 03:36 AM
There's no doubt he thinks he's a whale in a pond.

But at this point in time, he'd never make it in LA or NY.

The boy needs a serious sitdown to get his shit straight.

And I mean that sincerely.

Dane, please. He's what, 40? He's complacent.

Are you telling me you never mail it in?

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 03:40 AM

OMG 40?

That old bastage.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2008, 03:41 AM

Actually, Clay, I can't.

I'm in an extremely competitive business. If I "mail it in", then I lose the work, the credibility and the respect. And I'd probably lose relationships, too.

It's something I simply can't afford to do on any level.

We're on a "project to project" basis out here and I'm only as good as my previous work.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 03:43 AM
I s'pose.

I will say, in Whitlock's defense, he's by far not the worst. Woody Paige churns out some absolute TRASH these days.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2008, 03:47 AM
I s'pose.

I will say, in Whitlock's defense, he's by far not the worst. Woody Paige churns out some absolute TRASH these days.

I don't have time to follow Woody Paige but I once thought that Whitlock was going to be a very special writer.

Then came New England, then his feud with King Carl, then the LJ/Vermeil schtick, etc.

Personally, I prefer a writer who interjects opinions based on facts. Whitlock started out like that in KC more than 13 years ago, but he's slowly moved away from journalist to tabloid journalist.

I think he can do better, but he just may be tired of his job.

In that case, it's time to move on.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 03:49 AM
Hes not, compared to people like Nick that has to BS to drive membership up and kiss CP azz.

Otter
08-17-2008, 05:34 AM
I'm willing to bet if I were to read all 12 pages of this it's once again someone arguing with Mecca over:

1. He's a 3rd rounder, not a 1st rounder
2. Why it's too early to evaluate BC
3. Miscellaneous sub topics of the above and JWhit praise and hate

Am I right? That's what I thought, saved myself some time.

JohnnyV13
08-17-2008, 07:00 AM

Mecca, I think you're generally right about this issue BUT I will mention Rich Gannon. He started in Minnesota for a number of years, then sat for a long time until emerging as a Pro Bowl performer.

JohnnyV13
08-17-2008, 07:13 AM
Mecca, another example is Warren Moon. Go back and look at Moon's early career in Houston. The Oilers were quite patient with him, though they did bring him in as a free agent from Canada.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-17-2008, 08:28 AM
It is not a good sign, when even the slightest criticism gets attacked. It's not suck Croyles' dingus or rip his throat out with your teeth. Bowe can get jumped for not blocking but, don't you dare saying anything critical of Brodie.

This is a discussion board not a cheerleading camp. Its like a army of Gretzs

boogblaster
08-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Croyle may never be a pro-bowl QB ... but there is 50+ more players on a team and this is a team sport ... look for improvement all year ... by next year we should have a decent team .....

cardken
08-17-2008, 08:43 AM
TBPH.. Whitlock is'nt completely wrong. Yes, it is early to pull the trigger or in this case the Quarterback, but from what we've seen thus far......Thigpin is not a viable backup option. And Croyle has to step up and take the job, and Gailey and Edwards have to let the reins loose so he, and they can truly find out what he's made of good or bad.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-17-2008, 08:47 AM
TBPH.. Whitlock is'nt completely wrong. Yes, it is early to pull the trigger or in this case the Quarterback, but from what we've seen thus far......Thigpin is not a viable backup option. And Croyle has to step up and take the job, and Gailey and Edwards have to let the reins loose so he, and they can truly find out what he's made of good or bad.

The third game is when the first offense is suppose to play the whole first quarter. That should go along way in giving us a better view, I hope. Then again I'm not sure what the hell kind of team Miami is :shrug:

TEX
08-17-2008, 08:50 AM
It is not a good sign, when even the slightest criticism gets attacked. It's not suck Croyles' dingus or rip his throat out with your teeth. Bowe can get jumped for not blocking but, don't you dare saying anything critical of Brodie.

This is a discussion board not a cheerleading camp. Its like a army of Gretzs

:clap:

Wile_E_Coyote
08-17-2008, 08:54 AM

There have been 3 or 4 of us who want to see more out of the kid. Not asking for his head on a pike. Just some reassurance he can handle it. And it's got blown up into sounding like a mob is out to lynch him.

There is prolly a couple egging this on and setting back laughing their butts off ROFL

TEX
08-17-2008, 09:05 AM
There have been 3 or 4 of us who want to see more out of the kid. Not asking for his head on a pike. Just some reassurance he can handle it. And it's got blown up into sounding like a mob is out to lynch him.

There is prolly a couple egging this on and setting back laughing their butts off ROFL

Yep. Just show me S-O-M-E-T-H-I-N-G.
Whatever the reasons, Croyle hasn't. But you dare not say it or else...

redbrian
08-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Hell anyone can write fatlocks next few pieces......Croyle sucks....Carl is the devil......

Now why give any weight (pun intended) to fatlocks evaluation of a QB....you do recall who he thinks is the greatest QB of all times.....

tmax63
08-17-2008, 09:26 AM
One can say that BC has not inspired songs of worship and greatness so far but he has done nothing to cause people to get out the tar and feathers. It looked like the Chiefs were emphasizing the run and short game last night. Without a list of the plays run I don't know how we here at CP can say for sure whose fault any of the mistakes were. I still see a BC who is playing it safe and trying not to lose his starting job and I can't blame him for that after last year. I do think he will improve once he stops looking over his shoulder and just plays. As has been said, ad nauseum, as long as he shows improvement throughout the season. It seems kinda harsh to call out BC after 2 PS games though, when they are evaluating 50-60 other guys to determine who makes the team. I'd expect the coaches to do things to give chances to those "on the bubble" to make the choices easier come cut-down time rather than concentrating on a young QB who is gonna start unless he does so badly that it hurts the evaluation of others.

Messier
08-17-2008, 09:38 AM
One can say that BC has not inspired songs of worship and greatness so far but he has done nothing to cause people to get out the tar and feathers. It looked like the Chiefs were emphasizing the run and short game last night. Without a list of the plays run I don't know how we here at CP can say for sure whose fault any of the mistakes were. I still see a BC who is playing it safe and trying not to lose his starting job and I can't blame him for that after last year. I do think he will improve once he stops looking over his shoulder and just plays. As has been said, ad nauseum, as long as he shows improvement throughout the season. It seems kinda harsh to call out BC after 2 PS games though, when they are evaluating 50-60 other guys to determine who makes the team. I'd expect the coaches to do things to give chances to those "on the bubble" to make the choices easier come cut-down time rather than concentrating on a young QB who is gonna start unless he does so badly that it hurts the evaluation of others.

Exactly. I seems like every year people forget what the pre season is about. Evaluating not only players, but the playbook as well.

cardken
08-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Hell anyone can write fatlocks next few pieces......Croyle sucks....Carl is the devil......

How is his any different from every other post on the Planet?;)

Deberg_1990
08-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Everyones up in arms about this column and JW has obviously blown it out of proportion (Doesnt he always?) but.........

The jist of what hes saying is basically right. Croyle hasnt looked all that impressive. Servicable perhaps, but impressive no.

As of right now, Croyle is the shiniest turd in the bowl.

redbrian
How is his any different from every other post on the Planet?;)

Point taken......although he gets paid to write this dribble......

CupidStunt
As much as people want to blame Croyle for the lack of 15- to 20-yard chain-moving passes, the receivers in that area really aren't getting open, despite Gonzalez and sometimes Bowe getting a lot of attention.

cardken
08-17-2008, 09:56 AM
I still see a BC who is playing it safe and trying not to lose his starting job and I can't blame him for that after last year. I do think he will improve once he stops looking over his shoulder and just plays.

Are you kidding me Who is he going to loose his job to? Thigpin? Huard? Stop the excuses, and Brody be a man and take the job, it's your's until you prove otherwise. If the offense is'nt opened up in the next few weeks air-wise, well then the die is cast, the coaching staff has no faith in him as the QBOTF. And then we draft and start over no the worse off as we are rebuilding, right?:rolleyes:

the Talking Can
08-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Whitlock, like most Chiefs fans,is a closet True Fan who only understands competant mediocrity....the risks, pain, and possible failure involved in rebuilding and developing don't make any sense, and in the end aren't tolerable....

he, and they, want to "develop" a QB without actually living through the "development" part...they all want a steep, straight line up the graph....and they want it to happen in 1 quarter of one preseason game and be finished

the reality that a QB will look good, then bad, then good, then terrible, then average, then bad, then great, is waaaay too painful and real....

they would all rather be 7-9 with Huard playing...because at least they can process Huard's benign, pointless, mediocrity...

Croyle is going to have bad games, and throw ints, and do dumb things this year...frequently...and this board will have the same petulant meltdown each time, with the same Steve Bono-loving True Fans leading the way...

we haven't played a single game this year and people have thrown in the towel on developing a QB...think about that...

we'll have plenty of evidence at the end of the year to judge Croyle with....he will show marked improvement, or he won't...it won't be hard to see in aggregate....

until then, though, the pants wetters and Whitlock will have field day...

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Whitlock, like most Chiefs fans,is a closet True Fan who only understands competant mediocrity....the risks, pain, and possible failure involved in rebuilding and developing don't make any sense, and in the end aren't tolerable....

he, and they, want to "develop" a QB without actually living through the "development" part...they all want a steep, straight line up the graph....and they want it to happen in 1 quarter of one preseason game and be finished

the reality that a QB will look good, then bad, then good, then terrible, then average, then bad, then great, is waaaay too painful and real....

they would all rather be 7-9 with Huard playing...because at least they can process Huard's benign, pointless, mediocrity...

Croyle is going to have bad games, and throw ints, and do dumb things this year...frequently...and this board will have the same petulant meltdown each time, with the same Steve Bono-loving True Fans leading the way...

we haven't played a single game this year and people have thrown in the towel on developing a QB...think about that...

we'll have plenty of evidence at the end of the year to judge Croyle with....he will show marked improvement, or he won't...it won't be hard to see in aggregate....

until then, though, the pants wetters and Whitlock will have field day...Excellent post.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Everyones up in arms about this column and JW has obviously blown it out of proportion (Doesnt he always?) but.........

The jist of what hes saying is basically right. Croyle hasnt looked all that impressive. Servicable perhaps, but impressive no.

As of right now, Croyle is the shiniest turd in the bowl.See post #190...

milkman
08-17-2008, 10:12 AM

Truer words have never been spoken, or written, as it were.

cardken
08-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Excellent post.

I concure:clap: But in addition after all the facts are discovered. If hard decisions need to be made,make them, no excuses. Chiefs fans by nature are too forgiving, and with them "hope springs eternal", rebuilding means moving forward, victims be damned.:D

RedThat
08-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Whitlock is just way too much of a critic. and like many critics he needs something to pick on. It's annoying.

Short Leash Hootie
08-17-2008, 10:33 AM
as a Huard supporter, if he starts a single game this year when Croyle is healthy, I'll be pissed...Brodie or bust this season...we need to figure out if our first rounder is going to be used on a QB next year...

RedThat
08-17-2008, 10:33 AM
although, I do see where he is going with this? I think this is gonna be the year where we shall see how Croyle does.

He said some things I agree with. The pressure is on this kid. If he is the only weak link to the offense, Chiefs fans are going to be angry. I can see that coming.

I think he does need to deliver, or at least show some progress?

Deberg_1990
08-17-2008, 10:37 AM
as a Huard supporter, if he starts a single game this year when Croyle is healthy, I'll be pissed...Brodie or bust this season...we need to figure out if our first rounder is going to be used on a QB next year...

The problem is what if the below scenario develops?

"Imagine this scenario: Kansas City’s running game is extremely productive, Dwayne Bowe improves on his rookie-year performance, Tony Gonzalez remains Tony Gonzalez, and rookie William Franklin develops as a viable pass-catching option.

What if Croyle, KC’s young QB of the future, is the offensive weak link?"

Will King Carl desperate to save his job rear his ugly head and insert Huard in a desperate attempt to make 8-9 wins??

Wile_E_Coyote
08-17-2008, 10:38 AM
ROFL

Chiefnj2
08-17-2008, 10:43 AM
If Croyle is the weak link then Herm and Carl bring in a veteran in 2009.

beach tribe
08-17-2008, 10:46 AM

This says it all bitches. Thread over.

OnTheWarpath58
08-17-2008, 10:48 AM

Too bad I can't fit that in a sig - and still be able to read it.

TRR
08-17-2008, 10:50 AM

"Imagine this scenario: Kansas City’s running game is extremely productive, Dwayne Bowe improves on his rookie-year performance, Tony Gonzalez remains Tony Gonzalez, and rookie William Franklin develops as a viable pass-catching option.

What if Croyle, KC’s young QB of the future, is the offensive weak link?"

Here is what is flawed in that equation...I can guarantee you that if TG remains TG (which means roughly 1,000 yards) Bowe has a better season than his rookie year (over 1,000 yards), and The Thrill becomes a viable player at WR (500 yards and a couple of TD's) then Brodie Croyle is going to have a very good season for his first as a full time starter.

Short Leash Hootie
08-17-2008, 10:54 AM

"Imagine this scenario: Kansas Cityís running game is extremely productive, Dwayne Bowe improves on his rookie-year performance, Tony Gonzalez remains Tony Gonzalez, and rookie William Franklin develops as a viable pass-catching option.

What if Croyle, KCís young QB of the future, is the offensive weak link?"

Will King Carl desperate to save his job rear his ugly head and insert Huard in a desperate attempt to make 8-9 wins??

with this team and what Chan Gailey wants to do, I think Croyle is better suited for wins than Huard...Huard isn't mobile enough to run the Gailey system.

Huard's strength was the Solari offense, which is sad, and he was probably the only QB in the NFL that was suited to run it...

Huard knew where he was throwing the ball before the snap, and when you target a guy like Tony Gonzalez 80% of the time or Dwayne Bowe, sometimes you'll get lucky...

I don't see all the fuss...I watched everything but the 1st drive of the Chiefs game yesterday...he could've played better, but I don't think he played poorly against the Bears by any means...

If we can continue to get LJ lanes and spell him with Kolby and Charles and get 4 or 4.5 yards a pop, I think Croyle will be fine...

We have playmakers, we have the potential to be a middle of the pack offense this year or better...

I'm just worried about our defense.

Whitlock is just trying to stir the pot...Croyle has looked fine so far IMO.

Short Leash Hootie
08-17-2008, 10:59 AM
I personally, am excited about Brodie...

He might not be connecting on his throws or his reads or whatever, especially last game...but he looks like an NFL QB and I think he has a pretty decent head on his shoulders.

If LJ can consistently gain yards at 3, 4, 5, 6 a pop, I think Croyle will be fine.

6-9 wins really isn't unrealistic IMO...we have an EASY schedule...and we have a much better team than last season...we have OFFENSE this year...

Come on, Gailey and this offense is already a vast improvement to anything Solari ever did...

The first game, we had the best drive I've seen the Chiefs have since Herm was hired.

The second game, we had the best 5 play stretch from our running backs in a long time...LJ looked fresh, Kolby mixed in a little old school Priest...

We're ok...I'm pleasantly surprised thus far...

Before that Chicago game, I was accepting the fact we might only be a 1-4 win team...

6-9 isn't unrealistic whatsoever...

one more good draft, and we're looking at 10-12...

Brodie develops with the younger guys in two years, we're contenders.

I believe.

beach tribe
08-17-2008, 11:05 AM
I personally, am excited about Brodie...

He might not be connecting on his throws or his reads or whatever, especially last game...but he looks like an NFL QB and I think he has a pretty decent head on his shoulders.

If LJ can consistently gain yards at 3, 4, 5, 6 a pop, I think Croyle will be fine.

6-9 wins really isn't unrealistic IMO...we have an EASY schedule...and we have a much better team than last season...we have OFFENSE this year...

Come on, Gailey and this offense is already a vast improvement to anything Solari ever did...

The first game, we had the best drive I've seen the Chiefs have since Herm was hired.

The second game, we had the best 5 play stretch from our running backs in a long time...LJ looked fresh, Kolby mixed in a little old school Priest...

We're ok...I'm pleasantly surprised thus far...

Before that Chicago game, I was accepting the fact we might only be a 1-4 win team...

6-9 isn't unrealistic whatsoever...

one more good draft, and we're looking at 10-12...

Brodie develops with the younger guys in two years, we're contenders.

I believe.

So I take it you won't be hoping Croyle gets injured this season so we can find a real prospect as you stated last season? No avatar with him getting smashed in it?

Wait for it.....

"I did not say that"[hootie/]

Short Leash Hootie
08-17-2008, 11:09 AM
all I want is for the Chiefs to be good...you can pile on me all you want

RedThat
08-17-2008, 11:20 AM
with this team and what Chan Gailey wants to do, I think Croyle is better suited for wins than Huard...Huard isn't mobile enough to run the Gailey system.

Huard's strength was the Solari offense, which is sad, and he was probably the only QB in the NFL that was suited to run it...

Huard knew where he was throwing the ball before the snap, and when you target a guy like Tony Gonzalez 80% of the time or Dwayne Bowe, sometimes you'll get lucky...

I don't see all the fuss...I watched everything but the 1st drive of the Chiefs game yesterday...he could've played better, but I don't think he played poorly against the Bears by any means...

If we can continue to get LJ lanes and spell him with Kolby and Charles and get 4 or 4.5 yards a pop, I think Croyle will be fine...

We have playmakers, we have the potential to be a middle of the pack offense this year or better...

I'm just worried about our defense.

Whitlock is just trying to stir the pot...Croyle has looked fine so far IMO.

Our defense will be fine. Although I will miss JA. I think Flowers will be an improvement over Law. Pollard and Page are playing better. Im worried about the LBers. Edwards is old, Demarrio Williams seems like one of those filler guys.

Outside of DJ they don't have much imo.

McBride and Tyler I think can contribute. I think the Dline won't be as bad. But Dorsey is the key guy. We'll have a pretty good rotation of guys to throw out there. they're just young and need time to gel. Edwards is a defensive man. Im sure he can do some works here and there.

RedThat
08-17-2008, 11:39 AM
LOL...JWhit, you make me laugh.

"Yes, Herm Edwards loves a field goal more then most coaches."

Hey, why dont they just FGem to death?...Everyone they play, beware of the FG's!!!!! Never understimate their power to win a game.

OnTheWarpath58
08-17-2008, 11:46 AM
OnTheWarpath58: Whitlock Unimpressive.

Guru
08-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Jwhit, you are a miserable ****tard. You say how you will remain positive and then point out all the negatives.

Coach
08-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Hey even if all that proves true we'll just be in position to draft a QB next year....even if Croyle is horribly bad I'd rather go 2-14 and have the 1st pick than play Huard to win 5 games.

Hey, you were the one that said the QB class for next year is worse than this year's class. Just sayin.

Farzin
08-17-2008, 09:15 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/752296.html

What a clever nickname. Is Whitlock at the point that he has to begin name calling a football player who's in his 2nd year? Honestly.. just 1 pre season loss and Whitlock is acting like the Chiefs are 1-16 or somethin..I'm sorry, but this is the reason I have no respect for Whitlock and I know many people who don't.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey, you were the one that said the QB class for next year is worse than this year's class. Just sayin.

I think it's similar as of today, alot of it will depend on how the guys play, but I'm expecting 4 QB's with 1st round grades which would be much better than last year.

Alot of that does depend on Stafford and Harper continuing to develop though. Harper could be thought of as highly as Ryan by the end of the year with Stafford being even higher.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 09:54 PM

I'm not being lumped into that mix am I....

Coach
08-17-2008, 09:55 PM
I think it's similar as of today, alot of it will depend on how the guys play, but I'm expecting 4 QB's with 1st round grades which would be much better than last year.

Alot of that does depend on Stafford and Harper continuing to develop though. Harper could be thought of as highly as Ryan by the end of the year with Stafford being even higher.

I don't know. Personally, I would rather get your boy, the LB from USC and try to go for Derek Anderson or someone along the likes of that. OF course, that does depend on how Pat Thomas do this year.....

Mecca
08-17-2008, 09:57 PM
I don't know. Personally, I would rather get your boy, the LB from USC and try to go for Derek Anderson or someone along the likes of that. OF course, that does depend on how Pat Thomas do this year.....

I'd rather not use a 1st round pick on a LB unless we're picking later than 15.

FAX
08-17-2008, 10:00 PM
What a clever nickname. Is Whitlock at the point that he has to begin name calling a football player who's in his 2nd year? Honestly.. just 1 pre season loss and Whitlock is acting like the Chiefs are 1-16 or somethin..I'm sorry, but this is the reason I have no respect for Whitlock and I know many people who don't.

This, Mr. Farzin, is a classic ploy. The general rule of thumb in the media is that disasters sell papers. And of course, if there isn't a handy dandy disaster anywhere nearby, you must create one. That's what Whittles is doing - attempting to bring attention to himself by fabricating a catastrophe and identifying the evil genius behind the force majeure du jour as a one Brodie Croyle.

FAX

Mecca
08-17-2008, 10:01 PM
In fairness those articles are giving people that read them low expectations which is what Chiefs fans should have, I don't wanna see anyone going irate because we aren't contending for the playoffs.

Coach
08-17-2008, 10:01 PM
I'd rather not use a 1st round pick on a LB unless we're picking later than 15.

Agreed. However, if the O-line is still somewhat of a problem, I wouldn't have any objections to getting Oher, and move Albert to Water's spot. JMHO.

Coach
08-17-2008, 10:02 PM
In fairness those articles are giving people that read them low expectations which is what Chiefs fans should have, I don't wanna see anyone going irate because we aren't contending for the playoffs.

Oh I pretty much have written the playoffs off anyways. If the do make it by a miracle of God, then well, that's just a added bonus, I guess.

J Diddy
08-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Agreed. However, if the O-line is still somewhat of a problem, I wouldn't have any objections to getting Oher, and move Albert to Water's spot. JMHO.

why wouldn't you move albert to rg, where he's played his whole life?

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 10:03 PM
If they make the goddamn playoffs I want you on Herm's jock like a slut.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 10:04 PM

If that happens they better try Albert as a RT before they put him at guard...

Personally if this team is picking extremely high, that pick better be a QB, unless Croyle shows that he is the guy then it better be a DE.

Coach
08-17-2008, 10:06 PM
If that happens they better try Albert as a RT before they put him at guard...

Personally if this team is picking extremely high, that pick better be a QB, unless Croyle shows that he is the guy then it better be a DE.

That's fine then. As we both have said, if he doens't work out on the T position, at worst, he's a solid guard. I'm all for him moving to the RT.

While we're still talking about the O-Line, Richardson looked pretty awful on the T spot. I wonder if that he's not too nimble/athletic enough to play as a RT, but possibly on RG or even LG?

J Diddy
08-17-2008, 10:06 PM
If they make the goddamn playoffs I want you on Herm's jock like a slut.

funny analogy

virgin boy

Coach
08-17-2008, 10:07 PM
why wouldn't you move albert to rg, where he's played his whole life?

He projected to be pretty solid as a T when he come out from college.

FAX
08-17-2008, 10:09 PM

I guess I've never fully understood this. Several NFL teams were, in fact, talking about moving him to tackle - even though, in the past, he has played guard. One has to wonder why he didn't play tackle in college?

FAX

Coach
08-17-2008, 10:10 PM
I guess I've never fully understood this. Several NFL teams were, in fact, talking about moving him to tackle - even though, in the past, he has played guard. One has to wonder why he didn't play tackle in college?

FAX

Very good question. It could be the possible that they have a very good T along with him. Or it could be that they run traps, pulls where it requires a athletic G.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 10:11 PM

FAX

Well if you look at the LT's on Virginia he was there with Ferguson who was a top 5 pick and I'm seeing the guy that came in after him in Eugene Monroe being put in the top 10 in mocks...

J Diddy
08-17-2008, 10:12 PM

I know however, you said move him to LG to take over for waters, I just don't understand why'd you want to move a former probowl guard out?

figured it make sense to put him at rg, and let him take over for jones

Mecca
08-17-2008, 10:15 PM
I know however, you said move him to LG to take over for waters, I just don't understand why'd you want to move a former probowl guard out?

figured it make sense to put him at rg, and let him take over for jones

Waters probably has 3 years left tops at a high level anyway.

Coach
08-17-2008, 10:17 PM

That would be my reasoning as well. But really, it depends on how Waters perform this year, IMHO. If he's still capable of doing what he SHOULD be, then I can live with him for the 2009 season.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 10:18 PM
It's kind of interesting because if you really think OL is the most important thing you could build the most dominant OL in the league in basically 2 years.

Coach
08-17-2008, 10:20 PM
It's kind of interesting because if you really think OL is the most important thing you could build the most dominant OL in the league in basically 2 years.

I would like to think that could actually happen. I mean, we already got Albert, and Richardson, who I think is a G instead of a T, and Niswanger. If we bomb, then get Oher, then pretty much 4/5 on the line is 30 or younger.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 10:25 PM

How terrible for you.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 10:26 PM
How terrible for you.

What is that even suppose to mean? It's a realistic estimate of his age.

the Talking Can
08-17-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm not being lumped into that mix am I....

only you would know

CanadaKC
08-17-2008, 10:47 PM
I have the sneaking suspicion that Carl and Herm planned Croyle's eventual demise soonafter they decidied to rebuild. Knowing that Croyle can't carry a team and fully aware that the Chiefs were going to suck this year anyways...they will throw him out there in front of us Chief fans...and pretend he was never a lameduck QB..instead...someone who just didn't meet his potential. AS perception is everything ...Carl and Herm..IMO...are alrady targeting a QB in the 2009 draft...to complete the rebuilding process.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 10:48 PM

Hell we could get Andre Smith or Ohler in the draft and have a darn good line for many years to come.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 10:52 PM
I have the sneaking suspicion that Carl and Herm planned Croyle's eventual demise soonafter they decidied to rebuild. .

ROFL

I love this site.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 10:53 PM
I have the sneaking suspicion that Carl and Herm planned Croyle's eventual demise soonafter they decidied to rebuild. Knowing that Croyle can't carry a team and fully aware that the Chiefs were going to suck this year anyways...they will throw him out there in front of us Chief fans...and pretend he was never a lameduck QB..instead...someone who just didn't meet his potential. AS perception is everything ...Carl and Herm..IMO...are alrady targeting a QB in the 2009 draft...to complete the rebuilding process.

I doubt that.

Coach
08-17-2008, 10:54 PM

Here's 2 problems I see with this. The first one being obvious is that nobody wants Carl to stay on for the last year of his contract, if the Chiefs finish 4-12 or God forbid, worse. Everybody would be screaming bloody murder for his head on a golden platter. And if the Chiefs get a new GM, I don't know what are the odds of the new GM hanging on to Herm.

Secondly is, if Kingless and Herm somehow survives a 4-12 season, and drafts the QB, and bombs out again, with a 6-10 record or worse, I would believe that both of those guys will not be retained, and the Chiefs will find a new GM and HC. That creates a conflict with the previous regime QB situation (See Leinart/Wisenhunt as an example. Leinart was drafted, IIRC by Denny Green)

the Talking Can
08-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Hell we could get Andre Smith or Ohler in the draft and have a darn good line for many years to come.

we'll start spending some FA $$$ next year too....

after this season we'll have a much clearer sense of what holes remain...do we need 1,2,or 3 new OL? 1 or 2 LB? a QB? a WR? etc....

our draft strategy will be affected by the FA market, unlike last year....in terms of money, it might make more sense to get a LB in FA while drafting a DE, since good DE's are so damn expensive..etc...same analysis will occur at every position of need...

DeezNutz
08-17-2008, 10:55 PM

This conspiracy theory should damn near get this thread moved to D.C.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 10:56 PM

You could probably take one of them and Herman Johnson to if you thought OL was the most important thing above all else.

chiefbowe82
08-17-2008, 10:58 PM
You could probably take one of them and Herman Johnson to if you thought OL was the most important thing above all else.

mecca fantasy football on yahoo the id is 449520 and password is football enjoy!

Coach
08-17-2008, 10:59 PM

Personally, I still think it is. Waters got only at least 3 years at best. McIntosuck is one of the weak-link on this line. Plus as I mentioned it many times, other than Herb Taylor, who I think is a solid back-up, that the depth is a major problem.

FAX
08-17-2008, 10:59 PM
It's a great theory, Mr. CanadaKC, but there's one teensy little problem. That plan would require Carl and Herm to think ahead - an ability that neither of them have, to date, demonstrated.

I'd say it's more likely that, behind the scenes, Carl has hired a few mobsters who are making the rounds throughout the league letting defensive ends know that there's a bounty on Croyle's head. Then, once Croyle's out of the way, Carl can hand the football to Downfield and get some dang nab tickets sold.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I have to admit the thought of Huard starting this year would actually be a lot of fun. At least around here. I think he'd do well if the running game returned to form. :D