PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Colquitt for Kick Offs?

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 01:28 AM
Don't recall if that was even tried but it certainly is not unheard of for the punter to handle the kick off duties.

If we are having such trouble finding a kicker who can kick the ball consistently into the endzone... why not at least have Colquitt try out for the job? I mean... we know he can kick the piss out of a ball on punts, surely he can do the same on KOs.

/prolly a repost
//dont give a shit if it is

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 01:29 AM
The kickers seemed to do a pretty good job tonight. Other than that line drive kick in the 4th.

FAX
08-17-2008, 01:31 AM
I noticed on nfl.com that Colquitt (sp?) had a 65 yard punt this evening. Give him a decent running start and he could probably punt it out of the stadium.

FAX

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Colquitt is a gem. It's sort of weird to praise a punter but he is one of the best in the league. Might as well have hime kick field goals too, bump up his salary ...

beach tribe
08-17-2008, 02:34 AM
You've been playing madden haven't you. He does the kickoffs in the game.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 02:38 AM
Colquitt's punts tonight were awesome. From my seats, they looked like ducks when they were in the air and then they would land at 10. Everybody around me was saying the same thing so it was just one of those illusions.

Huffman83
08-17-2008, 03:08 AM

:deevee:

Okay.....it's a video game. Just a reminder!

But Louie Agular used to take care of kick offs when....:ahem:...you know...used to be the kicker.

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 03:13 AM

LMFAO - Guilty.

BUT, in my defense, I had the same thought last year when our KOs were landing on the 20.

Huffman83
08-17-2008, 03:16 AM
If we're going to discuss players by Madden ratings....Rayner wasn't that bad of a kicker. Power wasn't a problem. Accuracy was.

Do I really need to explain any more?

Phobia
08-17-2008, 09:22 AM
LMFAO - Guilty.

BUT, in my defense, I had the same thought last year when our KOs were landing on the 20.

Both kickers put the ball in the endzone last night more than once each. How can you complain about that?

Skip Towne
08-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Both kickers put the ball in the endzone last night more than once each. How can you complain about that?

We gotta have something to complain about. We're Chiefs fans.

Ari Chi3fs
08-17-2008, 10:21 AM
We gotta have something to complain about. We're Chiefs fans.

:cuss:

luckily though, Skip... we are also :KU: fans... so Im not as hungry for a Chiefs Superbowl right now! heh.

Short Leash Hootie
08-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Colquitt is a gem. It's sort of weird to praise a punter but he is one of the best in the league. Might as well have hime kick field goals too, bump up his salary ...

we spent a 3rd rounder on the guy...that's equivalent to like a #1 pick on a punter...so he better be friggin' damn good...

beach tribe
08-17-2008, 10:48 AM
:cuss:

luckily though, Skip... we are also :KU: fans... so Im not as hungry for a Chiefs Superbowl right now! heh.

I can't believe college BB quenches your thirst for football glory.

JASONSAUTO
08-17-2008, 11:27 AM
DID either kicker actually kick the ball off into the endzone? from where i was it looked more like the 4-7 yard line MAX

Skip Towne
08-17-2008, 11:33 AM
DID either kicker actually kick the ball off into the endzone? from where i was it looked more like the 4-7 yard line MAX

Yes, one of them did. Not sure which one.

JASONSAUTO
08-17-2008, 11:45 AM

thanks skip, i was reacting to this quote. and it's still wrong

Phobia
08-17-2008, 12:23 PM
thanks skip, i was reacting to this quote. and it's still wrong

Are you seriously gonna make me go back and watch that garbage game? I saw multiple kicks in the endzone and I'm pretty sure I'm not making anything up.

pr_capone
08-17-2008, 01:01 PM
TBH, I recall 1 kick in the endzone but no more than that.

Keep in mind... I'm not complaining, just wondering why he has not been given a shot at the KO position.

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 01:13 PM
I vote Colquitt into the Chiefs Hall of Fame ...