PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I like BC and I'm not afraid to say admit it

Tuckdaddy
08-17-2008, 03:35 PM
so all of you BC haters can kiss this butt. Alot of you are getting on the Whitlock train. He's got a cannon for an arm, the desire to win and be the KC QB. He's not stupid either, he's a smart player and is not afaid to to a hit. I watched him alot in college.

I'm telling you haters right now that he is going to make all of you eat your words.

J Diddy
08-17-2008, 03:39 PM
lol

I'm with you.
Of course, i was also with Trent Green.

Direckshun
08-17-2008, 03:39 PM
I actually didn't think he did too poorly, I just think the playcalling hand-cuffed him.

Here's his four drives:

1st Drive
1st Down – Run
2nd Down – Complete Pass to Cottam
3rd Down – Complete Pass to Franklin – 1st down
1st Down – Incomplete Pass to Bowe – Overthrown
2nd Down – Complete Pass to Gonzalez
3rd Down – Complete Pass to Bowe – 1st Down
1st Down – Run – 1st Down
1st Down – Run – 1 yd gain
2nd Down – Run – 3 yd gain
3rd Down – Designed Screen Pass to Kolby Smith – 3 yds.
4th Down – Field Goal

2nd Drive
1st Down – Run
2nd Down – Run
3rd Down – No one open – Complete Check Down pass to Kolby Smith
4th Down – Punt

3rd Drive
1st Down – Incomplete Pass to Darling – Overthrow
2nd Down – Run – 1 yd.
3rd Down – Incomplete Pass to Darling – Overthrow

4th Drive
1st Down – Run
2nd Down – Complete Pass to FB – Designed Play – 1st Down
1st Down – Run
2nd Down – Run
3rd Down – Run – 1st Down
1st Down – Nobody Open – purposely thrown away
2nd Down – Nobody Open – purposely thrown away – Offensive Pass Interference penalty
2nd Down – Incomplete Pass to RB – Designed Play (may have thrown too hard)
3rd Down – Run
4th Down – Field Goal

evolve27
08-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Just from your thread title this goes along well:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Tzs9372zuo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Tzs9372zuo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Count Zarth
08-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Brodie Croyle is a nice young man. I like him as our quarterback.

J Diddy
08-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Brodie Croyle is a nice young man. I like him as our quarterback.

way to provide that journalistic objectivity

Count Zarth
08-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Did I say he was the greatest thing ever?

No.

J Diddy
08-17-2008, 03:44 PM

No.

basing your opinions on man crushes probably doesn't fall into the objective category

evolve27
08-17-2008, 03:44 PM

No.

Did you cap this last chiefs game Clayton?

Count Zarth
08-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Did you cap this last chiefs game Clayton?

It's coming on the NFL Network tonight, that's my first opportunity.

basing your opinions on man crushes probably doesn't fall into the objective category

This has nothing to do with a man crush and everything to do with giving a talented, smart, driven player with a good head on his shoulders and the right attitude a fair shot.

beach tribe
08-17-2008, 03:45 PM
In Brodie we trust.

evolve27
08-17-2008, 03:46 PM

Badass.

Bearcat
08-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks, I like all of you, too.

Oh wait, it's just another Brodie Croyle thread...

Zebedee DuBois
08-17-2008, 03:57 PM
oh.....I thought you were talking about Braincase.......nevermind.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2008, 04:35 PM
I like BC alot. I think he could be a pretty good QB. My only concern is durability. He's got a cannon for an arm. That doesn't automatically make him a great QB, but it has shown to be a quality in successful QBs. I am giving him this season. If he doesn't show marked improvement, I'm off the bandwagon.

Braincase
08-17-2008, 04:38 PM

Go hump a park bench.

:D

Fruit Ninja
08-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Once the Oline gels more and he gets a bit more comfortable i think he will be ok. He just has to realize that he doesnt have to be Payton or Tom. All he has to do is manage drives and i think he can be successful. I hope he's the real deal i really do. lol

Mr. Arrowhead
08-17-2008, 04:40 PM
I think the best passes he threw last night was the ones he threw to the crowd, he didnt try to force anything.

DeezNutz
08-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Isn't the phrase "Before the Common Era" BCE the appropriate choice, now? I, however, still prefer to kick it ol' skool because I'm not afraid of having some Christ in my life.

So in answer to the question, yes, I do like BC and I'm not afraid to tell this to anyone.

J Diddy
08-17-2008, 04:46 PM

This has nothing to do with a man crush and everything to do with giving a talented, smart, driven player with a good head on his shoulders and the right attitude a fair shot.

cause that's what this sounds like

"Brodie Croyle is a nice young man. I like him as our quarterback"

RibKing67
08-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Herm and Chan were working on the run last night not the passing game. Brodie missed on a few throws but I dont know of any QB that gets em all spot on.
Some of the posters on this board have this real dislike for the guy and I cant understand why.
Brodie deserves a chance from the fans the same way he got his chance from the coaches.

Guru
08-17-2008, 05:21 PM
British Columbia sucks.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Bacon Cheeseburgers are teh yum!

JuicesFlowing
08-17-2008, 05:35 PM
There is a division on Chiefs Planet. People either like or hate Brodie Croyle. Herm Edwards. Gunther Cunningham. Carl Peterson. I like Brodie as our QB. I like the direction Herm is taking the team, and I support his efforts. And if Gun sucks, why has he been a DC for so long? I like the guy and the Chiefs have had better defenses with him than without him. Oh, and although I don't like Carl Peterson, i also don't blame him for every Chiefs loss, like everyone else does ... People need to wake up and stop blaming Carl for every loss without giving him credit for each win. There. I feel better now. I bet nobody agrees with me though, oh well.

little jacob
08-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Boston College isn't going to have a lot this year, sorry to disappoint you.

luv
08-17-2008, 05:41 PM
I actually didn't think he did too poorly, I just think the playcalling hand-cuffed him.

I also think they were looking at ball carriers, too. You never know what the coaches may be observing during preseason with cuts left to be made. Brodie is the starter, so they just have him doing what needs to be done to keep an eye on other positions.

Chief Faithful
08-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Whitlock is a tard. Most of the time I don't get past the first paragraph in his column. I only attempt his articles when it is about the Chiefs.

Wasn't Whartlock the one who wrote about adjusting expectations before the season began? Sounds to me like he needs to listen to his own advice with Croyle.

morphius
08-17-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm just sitting back and watching it unfold, given our other two QB's we have no viable starting solution. So really, there is nothing for me to do is sit back and hope it works out. Really, finding a starting QB is so hard to do and takes so long to devlop that if he doesn't work it that'll cost us a few more years. So, no matter what you think, as a fan you really should hope that he works out.

rad
08-17-2008, 06:31 PM
http://www.creators.com/comics/1/22522_thumb.gif

cardken
08-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Spouting off about Qb's with strong arms, and man crushes. Kinda sounds like Whitlock speaking about Jeff George.ROFLROFL

Chiefshrink
08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
demeanor. A laid back personality with a quiet but intense competitive nature. He is no Rah Rah guy but I believe you don't have to be as long as you are gettin it done. I hope he does not go the way David Carr did. Meaning that they (Houston) never did give him a decent line to protect him. I don't care if you are Manning or Brady you are on your ass all the time running for your life if you don't have the line. Your confidence goes right in the crapper as well which is what I think happened to Carr. I felt bad for Carr. I know the Chiefs front office felt the same way about our line last year thus Brodie gets a second chance. How much the line will improve remains to be seen and I really think Brodie will get a 3rd and 4th chance in the future as hopefully we improve overall. ;)

Chiefshrink
08-17-2008, 08:30 PM
can you Brodie haters judge him with the pitiful line we have had in the last 2 yrs. Get a clue!!

TRR
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
You can count me in on the Brodie bandwagon. I truly believe that if everyone is patient, Croyle could be a very good QB in a season or two.

FAX
08-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Although it is quite true that a Blubber Cannon can make a heck of a mess, they're darn good at scattering an Eskimo mob bent on lynching the guy who had sex with one of the elder's sled dogs.

FAX

Mecca
08-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Simple as this, it would be nice if he was good but no one really knows.

His best skill is the one that is the most overrated, arm strength, he's heavily injury prone at a position where that just can't be tolerated.

He has this season to answer questions, if he answers them negatively we'll pick high enough to replace him with a better option if he does we have a QB, win win.

But if he is that bad this year where the Chiefs are picking 1st or 2nd, they can't run him back out there as the starter again next year, especially if he gets injured.

Bwana
08-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't hate the dude, but I think we will be lucky if he becomes an average QB and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Coach
08-17-2008, 09:04 PM

His best skill is the one that is the most overrated, arm strength, he's heavily injury prone at a position where that just can't be tolerated.

He has this season to answer questions, if he answers them negatively we'll pick high enough to replace him with a better option if he does we have a QB, win win.

But if he is that bad this year where the Chiefs are picking 1st or 2nd, they can't run him back out there as the starter again next year, especially if he gets injured.

I'm fine with that assessment. The one question is though, how will the O-line protect him. We all have to keep in mind that was a major problem last year. Will it still be a problem this year? We honestly don't know. Yes, they looked good in run blocking, but that's preseason. But they have been average to below average on pass-protection at times. Plus depth is a BIG PROBLEM for this team.

It's like a domino effect. If one of our guys get hurt, then the whole plan just goes to shit.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Every QB, good line or bad line will get hit, the question is do they avoid injury and get back up.

Even Peyton Manning has taken a beating remember early in his career he played with a broken jaw? I do think Croyle's size hurts him, he's not nearly as big as a guy like Manning and that size does allow him to absord hits better and hang in the pocket.

B_Ambuehl
08-17-2008, 09:07 PM
If you include preseason he's started almost an entire seasons worth of games. What he's proven so far is that he's consistently inaccurate and he's always a second late on his throws.

Huard will be starting by week 8 go ahead and write it down.

Coach
08-17-2008, 09:09 PM
If you include preseason he's started almost an entire seasons worth of games. What he's proven so far is that he's consistently inaccurate and he's always a second late on his throws.

If Huard is starting by week 8, when the Chiefs are completely out of it, then I have no use to watching them for the remainder of the season. It makes ZERO logic sense to start a 35 year old QB on a aborted season.

Personally, I'd rather watch Thigpen over Huard. Nobody's gonna buy tickets to watch Huard, I'll tell you that much.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Brodie Croyle reminds me of a mixture of JP Losman and Jake Plummer.

Count Zarth
08-17-2008, 09:12 PM

Bollocks.

Count Zarth
08-17-2008, 09:13 PM

The comparisons to Plummer are ridiculous. How are they similar in ANY way, apart from body type? Croyle has a much stronger arm, is more accurate, isn't a ****ing headcase and doesn't flip off the fans.

luv
08-17-2008, 09:14 PM
If Huard is starting by week 8, when the Chiefs are completely out of it, then I have no use to watching them for the remainder of the season. It makes ZERO logic sense to start a 35 year old QB on a aborted season.

Personally, I'd rather watch Thigpen over Huard. Nobody's gonna buy tickets to watch Huard, I'll tell you that much.

Amen.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 09:14 PM
His arm is probably stronger but this "hey he's better if we roll him out thing"

That's why I said a mixture, Losman physically is a stronger armed Jake Plummer, if you just compared physical body types Brodie Croyle and JP Losman are very similar.

blueballs
08-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Big - black or boy
it just ain't right

B_Ambuehl
08-17-2008, 09:40 PM

The people and attitudes on this forum do not apply to the majority. The avg fan will get tired of watching croyle throw interceptions and putting Huard in the starting lineup and giving the team a chance to win will sell more tickets for King Carl despite it pissing everyone off on this form.

I could care less either way this teams gonna suck this year regardless of who's at quarterback.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2008, 09:51 PM
The only way Huard is starting this year is if Brodie is hurt.

chiefs1111
08-17-2008, 09:55 PM
The only way Huard is starting this year is if Brodie is hurt.

Which is a very possible

Coach
08-17-2008, 09:56 PM
The people and attitudes on this forum do not apply to the majority. The avg fan will get tired of watching croyle throw interceptions and putting Huard in the starting lineup and giving the team a chance to win will sell more tickets for King Carl despite it pissing everyone off on this form.

I could care less either way this teams gonna suck this year regardless of who's at quarterback.

And those people need to get a grip. I'm tired of settling with retread QB's in the likes of Girlbac, Bonerless, etc. I want the Chiefs to do the right thing, and that is to develop a QB. If Croyle can't pan out, then throw in Thigpen.

Nobody's gonna pay to watch Damon "Fetal Position" Horrid, I'll goddamn guarentee you that much, ESPECIALLY by week 8 when the Chiefs will more than likely be out of playoff contention.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 09:58 PM
And those people need to get a grip. I'm tired of settling with retread QB's in the likes of Girlbac, Bonerless, etc. I want the Chiefs to do the right thing, and that is to develop a QB. If Croyle can't pan out, then throw in Thigpen.

Nobody's gonna pay to watch Damon "Fetal Position" Horrid, I'll goddamn guarentee you that much, ESPECIALLY by week 8 when the Chiefs will more than likely be out of playoff contention.

I still think alot of people are upset, they were perfectly content being a fringe team that won it's home games so they could have their good time drinking party out at Arrowhead 8 times a year...

Now by doing it this way they've taken that away.

Bwana
08-17-2008, 10:00 PM

Ding frickity ding!

QFT

kregger
08-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Damn straight I'm a BC fan. Especially 1,000,000 years BC.

Simply Red
08-18-2008, 12:42 AM

gold!

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2008, 01:45 AM

I don't think arm strength is overrated. It doesn't make a QB great, but I don't think QBs like Elway, Marino, and Favre would have been as successful had they not been been such hard throwers.

Mecca
08-18-2008, 02:07 AM
It's overrated in judging which QB's will make it as long as the arm is good enough...take Kyle Boller he has as big a arm as anyone.

Von Dumbass
08-18-2008, 02:19 AM
Brodie Croyle is on the same level as Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton maybe a little bit worse. The chiefs definitely need to draft a QB next year in the first round.

keg in kc
08-18-2008, 02:24 AM
I like what I've seen from him in this preseason. Of course, it's not a whole lot to go on, but he looks much more poised and confident to me, and he's not forcing things the way he was a year ago. He likes the Gailey offense, he's working on a rapport with Bowe, LJ is back and looks okay - I think there's a chance things may be lining up for him. And for us as fans. He just looks a lot more like an NFL quarterback...so far.

Tiger's Fan
08-18-2008, 02:38 AM

You think Lienart is a good QB. I feel better knowing you don't like Croyle. BTW, Croyle is better than Lienart, and it's looking like by a large margin.

Mecca
08-18-2008, 02:42 AM
You think Lienart is a good QB. I feel better knowing you don't like Croyle. BTW, Croyle is better than Lienart, and it's looking like by a large margin.

Uh I think you took what I said out of context....

Tiger's Fan
08-18-2008, 02:43 AM
I like what I've seen from him in this preseason. Of course, it's not a whole lot to go on, but he looks much more poised and confident to me, and he's not forcing things the way he was a year ago. He likes the Gailey offense, he's working on a rapport with Bowe, LJ is back and looks okay - I think there's a chance things may be lining up for him. And for us as fans. He just looks a lot more like an NFL quarterback...so far.

I'm watching the replay on NFLN right now. Brodie looked even better the second time watching. Very controlled, and poised. Most of the incompletions being necessary throw aways, (as opposed to forcing turnovers) with the one sideline overthrow, and the other high miss to Darling, who looked like he cut his route off way short. You can see the confidence in him compared to last year.

Tiger's Fan
08-18-2008, 02:45 AM
Uh I think you took what I said out of context....

What context did you have in mind by comparing Croyle to two shitty QBs?

petegz28
08-18-2008, 06:31 AM
lol

I'm with you.
Of course, i was also with Trent Green.

Trent Green played good enough to get us into at least 1 Superbowl had our defense showed up at all.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Trent Green played good enough to get us into at least 1 Superbowl had our defense showed up at all.
Played good enough?

He was one of the best QB's to ever put on a Chiefs jersey.. His stats back that up...

Croyle needs a chance... Hell if Herm can get a chance, why cant Croyle?

Chiefnj2
08-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Played good enough?

He was one of the best QB's to ever put on a Chiefs jersey.. His stats back that up...

Croyle needs a chance... Hell if Herm can get a chance, why cant Croyle?

Croyle has had the job handed to him on a silver platter. He's getting more of a chance on this team than he would have on any other.

J Diddy
08-18-2008, 07:53 AM

he didnt his first year when they were calling him Trint

by the way that summer is when my son was born "Trent"

Messier
08-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Croyle has had the job handed to him on a silver platter. He's getting more of a chance on this team than he would have on any other.

He got the job the way all QB's get their jobs, the coach believes in him. I haven't seen enough of Brodie to say he doesn't deserve the job. So far he looks like the best QB on the team, I know that's not saying much but it's clear that he's the best we have, and I hope he develops.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Seriously?

Same goes for your boy Herm... So whats your point?

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 08:03 AM
He got the job the way all QB's get their jobs, the coach believes in him. I haven't seen enough of Brodie to say he doesn't deserve the job. So far he looks like the best QB on the team, I know that's not saying much but it's clear that he's the best we have, and I hope he develops.
QFT

Chiefnj2
08-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Seriously?

Same goes for your boy Herm... So whats your point?

My boy Herm? You must have the wrong poster.

Buehler445
08-18-2008, 08:22 AM

Normally you and I think along the same lines, but uhhhhh. No. Just no.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 08:22 AM
My boy Herm? You must have the wrong poster.
My appologies!

morphius
08-18-2008, 08:34 AM

Posted via Mobile Device
Yup, most QB's are given the job on a silver platter, because nobody wants a QB controversy in that leadership role. Plus most teams know that it takes a couple years for a guy to get up to speed, and the QB competition in the off season equally hinders all QB's as it takes away snaps from the guy that will be your starter, the guy who has to be in sync with his WR's.

Chiefnj2
08-18-2008, 08:51 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Really? Croyle was given every opportunity to beat out Huard last year and fell short. Then when he got his shot he missed some time with injuries. They don't bring in any competition, nor do they draft a QB this past offseason. Hell, they don't even carry 4 QB's on the roster for practice. Huard doesn't get any playing time at all in the 2nd preseason game? IMHO, the team is going to great lengths to make sure there is no controversy and no competition for Croyle.

keg in kc
08-18-2008, 08:52 AM
OMGZ it's a conspiracy!!!!!one!

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Really? Croyle was given every opportunity to beat out Huard last year and fell short. Then when he got his shot he missed some time with injuries. They don't bring in any competition, nor do they draft a QB this past offseason. Hell, they don't even carry 4 QB's on the roster for practice. Huard doesn't get any playing time at all in the 2nd preseason game? IMHO, the team is going to great lengths to make sure there is no controversy and no competition for Croyle.

Carl beat out Croyle last year... Huard didnt earn the job over throwing swing passess to LJ in preseason... All the coaching staff wanted Croyle. Carl wantd Huard. You know it, so dont play this bogus card... Besides, Enough of the Huard crap... Most never want to see that joke on the field again!

Why do you need a controversy? Seriously? Why not pick a guy that you think has the best tools to develop and move forward????

Geesh this Croyle hate is pretty pathetic from a fanbase that hasnt won shit in 38 years, a playoff game in 14 and has accepted mediocrity as status qou.

Let the kid play this year and see what happens...

Chiefnj2
08-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Carl beat out Croyle last year... Huard didnt earn the job over throwing swing passess to LJ in preseason... All the coaching staff wanted Croyle. Carl wantd Huard. You know it, so dont play this bogus card... Besides, Enough of the Huard crap... Most never want to see that joke on the field again!

Why do you need a controversy? Seriously? Why not pick a guy that you think has the best tools to develop and move forward????

Geesh this Croyle hate is pretty pathetic from a fanbase that hasnt won shit in 38 years, a playoff game in 14 and has accepted mediocrity as status qou.

It isn't hate to say the kid has been handed the job. It isn't hate to say Croyle has been mediocre. Herm will give Croyle this year and probably next year as well. Relax.

Buehler445
08-18-2008, 09:11 AM

I'm not arguing that the job was given to Croyle, but your comment about him not getting that kind of shot anywhere else is just completely off base. Jobs are handed out in this league CONSTANTLY.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 09:13 AM
It isn't hate to say the kid has been handed the job. It isn't hate to say Croyle has been mediocre. Herm will give Croyle this year and probably next year as well. Relax.

thankfully the kid has been handed the job, There isnt a QB on this roster that I would rather see on the field than Croyle...

Relax? K I will work on it...

http://www.wholefamily.com/aboutyourkids/images/book_images/ritalin.jpg

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm not arguing that the job was given to Croyle, but your comment about him not getting that kind of shot anywhere else is just completely off base. Jobs are handed out in this league CONSTANTLY.

Posted via Mobile Device

and have been handed out on this team more than once, regardless of suck factor...

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 09:17 AM
What about Brandon Flowers? He will most likely be handed the starting CB job...

What about Dorsey? He will most likely be handed the DL Job..

What about Albert? He will most likely be handed the LT job...

The list goes on and on...

blueballs
08-18-2008, 09:18 AM
The Cards was without both their starting DTs
the Chiefs started at their 40 got the aid of an offsides penalty
and still only went down to the 14 or so -sad then 3n outs

Chiefnj2
08-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Jobs are handed out in this league CONSTANTLY.

Posted via Mobile Device

Not usually to 3rd round QB's who have had some difficulty staying healthy.

King_Chief_Fan
08-18-2008, 09:28 AM

Huard won 4 games last year. Now don't get me wrong, I am not asking for Huard to play.....I am just saying Croyle still hasn't earned the job and that is o.k......but how many times does Huard have to show, he can win games and Croyle cannot? Not asking for Huard, but if Croyle's performance is not better than Huard's then we need to search for a new QB.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Not usually to 3rd round QB's who have had some difficulty staying healthy.

Especially since his 1st Round LT is already hurt and missing camp...

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 09:31 AM
[b]Huard won 4 games[b] ROFL last year. Now don't get me wrong, I am not asking for Huard to play.....I am just saying Croyle still hasn't earned the job and that is o.k......but how many times does Huard have to show, he can win games and Croyle cannot? Not asking for Huard, but if Croyle's performance is not better than Huard's then we need to search for a new QB.

maybe Croyle can win 4 games this year with LJ and something that resembles an OL....

How many games did Huard win after LJ went down? I think ZERO is the answer...

How about we give them a level playing field before we start Crowning Huard...

and by the way, were are we going to get a NEW QB right now?

King_Chief_Fan
08-18-2008, 09:42 AM
maybe Croyle can win 4 games this year with LJ and something that resembles an OL....

How many games did Huard win after LJ went down? I think ZERO is the answer...

How about we give them a level playing field before we start Crowning Huard...

and by the way, were are we going to get a NEW QB right now?
I am not suggesting we crown Huard anything. Since he shouldn't be crowned, obvisouly Croyle should not either. Croyle had plenty of time to throw in the AZ game, but he couldn't connect. Most times he checked down to the 2-4 yarder. He plays scared and shows no confideence. I suggest we get a new QB in next years draft....I am aware it is too late this year, but this team was aware before now that Croyle isn't the answer.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 09:46 AM
I am not suggesting we crown Huard anything. Since he shouldn't be crowned, obvisouly Croyle should not either. Croyle had plenty of time to throw in the AZ game, but he couldn't connect. Most times he checked down to the 2-4 yarder. He plays scared and shows no confideence. I suggest we get a new QB in next years draft....I am aware it is too late this year, but this team was aware before now that Croyle isn't the answer.

Why is everyone doubting Herm here? Why is he getting a free pass for drafting him, developing him(which we see now is a complete failure) and sticking with him if he is not the answer according to KK and Chiefsplanet?

Shouldnt Herm shoulder some of the blame here?

Rausch
08-18-2008, 10:03 AM
I am aware it is too late this year, but this team was aware before now that Croyle isn't the answer.

How?

How could they have been aware?

Not even the Green-n-Gold god Favre could win without a line...

beach tribe
08-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Herm will give Croyle this year and probably next year as well. Relax.

Then why don't you stop crying like a bitch, and see what happens?

rad
08-18-2008, 10:17 AM

Too funny, that's comedy gold....people kill me.

talastan
08-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Pretty obvious how I feel!! Go Brodie!!

beach tribe
08-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Could you babies just give the kid this season to see what he's got?

rad
08-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Could you babies just give the kid this season to see what he's got?

NO!!!!! BRODIE IS TEH SUCX NOW!!!!111

ChiefsCountry
08-18-2008, 01:07 PM

The checkdown was the right look. The deep routes were covered all night, the Cardinals had Bowe covered like Clayton at a Star Wars convention.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 01:16 PM
The checkdown was the right look. The deep routes were covered all night, the Cardinals had Bowe covered like Clayton at a Star Wars convention.
If the wr's are covered down the field. Then Croyle is not moving his feet right in the pocket to help the wr's get seperation...

Rausch
08-18-2008, 01:19 PM

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
If the wr's are covered down the field. Then Croyle is not moving his feet right in the pocket to help the wr's get seperation...

Or dumbasses like Darling who would run his route but wouldnt break open to help the quarterback out.

If you watch the game on tv, you would think he was just looking at the checkdown but live you can see the routes and they were covered.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Or dumbasses like Darling who would run his route but wouldnt break open to help the quarterback out.

If you watch the game on tv, you would think he was just looking at the checkdown but live you can see the routes and they were covered.
Well for some reason the DVR didnt recorded it last night....:cuss:

Darling sounds lazy from what I read.

ChiefsCountry
08-18-2008, 01:24 PM
He is. Alot of people at the game noticed it. I'm glad MGRS said it too, bc I was getting railed on for it.

CoMoChief
08-18-2008, 01:25 PM
The only thing that bothers me is that Brodie isn't very accurate.

Demonpenz
08-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Brodie shouldn't be in the nfl he should be bagging sacks

CoMoChief
08-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Well for some reason the DVR didnt recorded it last night....:cuss:

Darling sounds lazy from what I read.

He isn't lazy he just isn't very good.

Thats why he was fighting for playing time on the RAVENS OFFENSE

I'm all for starting Will Franklin as our #2.

MadMax
08-18-2008, 01:27 PM

So playing 2 or 3 series in a pre-season game = ??? WTF? Unbelievable. Sorry but the math just doesn't add up close to a full season..

J Diddy
08-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Brodie shouldn't be in the nfl he should be bagging sacks

isnt it sacking bags

Warrior5
08-18-2008, 01:31 PM
This would've been a much more effective way of starting this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=44219

Demonpenz
08-18-2008, 01:36 PM
isnt it sacking bags

he couldn't sack a bag at sack and save. the guys there

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 01:37 PM
He isn't lazy he just isn't very good.

Thats why he was fighting for playing time on the RAVENS OFFENSE

I'm all for starting Will Franklin as our #2.
Fair enough...

Reerun_KC
he couldn't sack a bag at sack and save. the guys there
English please?

Warrior5
isnt it sacking bags

I thought that was reverse bagging...

Demonpenz
08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Brodie croyle is terrible. If bad qbing was a video game. He would be the final boss

beach tribe
08-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Brodie croyle is terrible. If bad qbing was a video game. He would be the final boss

U dont now sheit.

Demonpenz
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
i will spell it out T-E-R-I-B-L

Rausch
08-18-2008, 01:43 PM
i will spell it out T-E-R-I-B-L

:eek:

http://rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Kill%20it%20With%20Fire%20Aliens.jpg

FAX
08-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Mr. Demonpenz is right, of course. Croyle has demonstrated alarming deficiencies in the area of under center sack bagging. Not to mention his deplorable pump fake which fools no one except his mom. The situation is dire. Herm has spent a third round pick on a lamentable sack bagger and execrable pump faker of unequivocal detestablity and utter repugnance. The time has come to rebuke this fatally flawed folding faux farce of pump faking failure and sick sack of surplus sack bagging suck.

FAX

Demonpenz
08-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Mr. Demonpenz is right, of course. Croyle has demonstrated alarming deficiencies in the area of under center sack bagging. Not to mention his deplorable pump fake which fools no one except his mom. The situation is dire. Herm has spent a third round pick on a lamentable sack bagger and execrable pump faker of unequivocal detestablity and utter repugnance. The time has come to rebuke this fatally flawed folding faux farce of pump faking failure and sick sack of surplus sack bagging suck.

FAX

must have heard that on kiper's show today

KCrockaholic
08-18-2008, 02:27 PM
10,000 BC sucked IMO

jjchieffan
08-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Where did this "BC" nickname come from? I haven't heard it anywhere but here? I thought this thread was about Boston College.

jjchieffan
08-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh, and as for the thread topic. I agree. I believe Croyle has to be a great QB. I would love nothing more than to see him serve up a hot plate of crow to Mecca and the other haters.

Coogs
08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
I have not had a chance to weigh in on this subject at all, or even had a chance to read much of the BC threads this week. But there is one thing I would like to comment on. Hopefully this is not a repeat of something that has been hashed over many times.

On the overthrow to Darling down the sideline... I rewatched that play at least 20 times. Darling does a down and out and up pattern. And it appears Croyle sees him comming open and passes the ball the instant Darling turns up field. BUT Darling hesitates ever so slightly on the turn up field... and that appears to be about what the ball was overthrown by.

Anyway.... got to go.

Count Zarth
10-25-2008, 10:52 AM

So much for this...

Reerun_KC
10-25-2008, 10:52 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This thread is worthless....

Braincase
10-25-2008, 02:20 PM
so all of you BC haters can kiss this butt. Alot of you are getting on the Whitlock train. He's got a cannon for an arm, the desire to win and be the KC QB. He's not stupid either, he's a smart player and is not afaid to to a hit. I watched him alot in college.

I'm telling you haters right now that he is going to make all of you eat your words.

THANKYOU!