PDA

View Full Version : Life Hypothetically, you walk into a restaurant...

The Pedestrian
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
So you're going to eat and walk by this person who looks exactly like you. Someone in your group points it out in case you didn't notice, and someone in the other person's group has done the same. You finally decide to go talk to this look-alike. What's the first question you'd ask the individual?

(poll forthcoming)

Yeah, I know...I'm no rainman

Jenson71
08-18-2008, 01:05 PM
I hope this didn't happen to you.

Fish
08-18-2008, 01:06 PM
"One of us must die."

HypnotizedMonkey
08-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Hit on their girlfriend.

Pestilence
08-18-2008, 01:08 PM
There can be only one!

Rausch
08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Kick him in the ear.

If he bleeds red he might be a future-you come back to prevent a horrible event to come. Take him home and nurse him back to health.

If he bleeds any other kill him and then lick the blood from your fingers. It might discourage a pending invasion...

The Pedestrian
08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
I hope this didn't happen to you.

Nah...as far as I know, I'm one of a kind.

Rausch
08-18-2008, 01:10 PM
There can be only one!

****!

Rep to u's...

CoMoChief
08-18-2008, 01:11 PM
"One of us must die."

ROFL

Gonzo
08-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Dammmmm You one sexy mofo, oh wait......Is that gay?

Frazod
08-18-2008, 01:26 PM
This sort of happened to me once. I was on the L in Chicago about 10 years ago and some kid got on who basically looked like a five years younger version of me - a bit younger, thinner and with a bit more hair, but other than that . The guy was looking at me with the same expression on his face that I had - the EXACT same expression. Frankly, it was creepy. Reminded me of the scene from Time Cop where the bad guy meets the past version of himself and tells him to lay off the candy bars. Except this was real.

Anyway, he got off the train before I said anything. I don't know if I would have said anything anyway. Never saw him again. Except in old photos of me.

Hopefully he laid off the candy bars, though. :D

RJ
I would ask him if he had been adopted as a child.

J Diddy
If he makes more money than me I kill him, fake amnesia and take over his life

Bowser
08-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Ask him if he's aware that same matter cannot occupy the same place in space/time, and tell him for f*ck's sake, don't touch me unless you want the entire continuum to collapse in on itself.

J Diddy
08-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Ask him if he's aware that same matter cannot occupy the same place in space/time, and tell him for f*ck's sake, don't touch me unless you want the entire continuum to collapse in on itself.

watching the old back to the future marathon, eh?

Deberg_1990
08-18-2008, 01:32 PM
"Two man enter, One man leave!"

Rausch
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM

Ah, but M theory/String theory almost dictates a multiverse. Not one timeline but infinate timelines.

Every you (and worlds without you) possible.

So time travel would be "back, and to the left" and never straight back.

So I guess if I ever see a doppleganger I'll check for a smile. No smile means he's got it better where he's at. Big smile means he's screwed his life up so much he might be willing to take me out and take my place.

Or it could mean I have even more illigitimate offspring than I'm currently aware of...

J Diddy
08-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Ah, but M theory/String theory almost dictates a multiverse. Not one timeline but infinate timelines.

So I guess if I ever see a doppleganger I'll check for a smile. No smile means he's got it better where he's at. Big smile means he's screwed his life up so much he might be willing to take me out and take my place.

Or it could mean I have even more illigitimate offspring than I'm currently aware of...

ROFL

Best bet is to just run away. There can really be no good of either situation.

Bowser
08-18-2008, 01:43 PM

Well, if we're talking "what ifs" create multiple layers in the multiverse, Slayer could have a whole gaggle of Slayers he needs to avoid. ;)

Rausch
08-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, if we're talking "what ifs" create multiple layers in the multiverse, Slayer could have a whole gaggle of Slayers he needs to avoid. ;)

In our own way we all have a gaggle of Slayers to avoid...:evil:

ChiefsNWildcats
08-18-2008, 01:53 PM
"Damn you are one ugly sucker"

J Diddy
08-18-2008, 01:55 PM
In our own way we all have a gaggle of Slayers to avoid...:evil:

getting all philosophical on us

tooge
08-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Ask him if there are any really dirty things he has always wanted to do to his wife/girlfriend but was afraid to ask. Offer to break the ice for him.

Rausch
08-18-2008, 01:57 PM
getting all philosophical on us

In vino veritas...:)

Rain Man
08-18-2008, 02:03 PM
I believe the proper initial question in this case is, "Who's your daddy?"

38yrsfan
08-18-2008, 02:18 PM
His name and then pictures of the wife & girl-friend .... "I'll be home early from work honey" .... you'd really know then if the resemblance was more than facial appearance :).

blueballs
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I'd **** 'em /midnight vulture/dane mccloud/autumn wind /and more

Simply Red
08-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Kick him in the ear.

If he bleeds red he might be a future-you come back to prevent a horrible event to come. Take him home and nurse him back to health.

If he bleeds any other kill him and then lick the blood from your fingers. It might discourage a pending invasion...

I hear you, i'd at a minimum get all up in his grill.

StcChief
08-18-2008, 02:38 PM
I see that cloning thing really works.

Count Zarth
08-18-2008, 08:05 PM
"You ever been laid?"

Phobia
08-18-2008, 08:25 PM
This sort of happened to me once. I was on the L in Chicago about 10 years ago and some kid got on who basically looked like a five years younger version of me - a bit younger, thinner and with a bit more hair, but other than that . The guy was looking at me with the same expression on his face that I had - the EXACT same expression. Frankly, it was creepy. Reminded me of the scene from Time Cop where the bad guy meets the past version of himself and tells him to lay off the candy bars. Except this was real.

Anyway, he got off the train before I said anything. I don't know if I would have said anything anyway. Never saw him again. Except in old photos of me.

He looks exactly like you except he had hair, was thinner, and just overall a much better looking man.

If he had a smile on his face he may have been your polar opposite.

Bwana
08-18-2008, 08:31 PM
I would go all highlander on his ass. "there can be only one!" CHOP

Frazod
08-18-2008, 08:39 PM
He looks exactly like you except he had hair, was thinner, and just overall a much better looking man.

If he had a smile on his face he may have been your polar opposite.

That's okay, Phil. Your double is the cowboy for the Village People. :)

The Pedestrian
08-18-2008, 09:33 PM

Assuming you both came from different bars, you and your bro really shouldn't drink before you get on the subway. ;)

Phobia
08-18-2008, 09:37 PM
That's okay, Phil. Your double is the cowboy for the Village People. :)
Indeed. I've signed hundreds of autographs from adoring fans.