PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Planning on going to a Chiefs game in '09...

Hologide
08-18-2008, 01:08 PM
... and I don't have a sodding clue how to do it. Having never gone to the States in my life, I feel a little outta my depth planning something like this! So this lurker is hoping to enlist you guys to answer some of my questions :) I'm trying to plan ahead now so I know how much it is... pulling something like this on a student budget aint gonna be easy.

So yeah, I think I can figure out flights for myself :P but as far as Kansas City goes, how would I go about ordering tickets for a Chiefs game? Will they even ship to the UK? Where's the best place to sit for gameday experience without busting the bank?

And in terms of hotels, can anyone reccomend me a nice place somewhere near the Truman Complex which isn't gonna cost a bomb?

With any luck there'll be a home double header next season in September, that'd suit me great. Listening to that Cards game the other night got me all itching for a night out at Arrowhead... (well, the second half was pretty annoying, but still...)

Thanks for taking the time to reply :D

JuicesFlowing
08-18-2008, 01:32 PM
I always stay at The Drury right across from the stadium. It's $119 per night, and it's the cleanest hotel I've stayed in, with an all-you-can-eat hot breakfast. Plus you can easily walk to the game. I highly recommend it.

JuicesFlowing
08-18-2008, 01:33 PM
P.S. I usually buy tickets from www.stubhub.com but it might not be the cheapest site. I don't think you'll be able to order tickets until at least after the 2009 NFL schedule is released ... so you're going to have to wait awhile on that one.

Saulbadguy
08-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Have a jolly good time, guvnah!

ChiefRon
08-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I always stay at The Drury right across from the stadium. It's $119 per night, and it's the cleanest hotel I've stayed in, with an all-you-can-eat hot breakfast. Plus you can easily walk to the game. I highly recommend it.

Ditto. That's where I always stay, and I just got the last room available for the Tampa game (as of right now), so be sure to book ASAP...

ChiefRon
08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Ditto. That's where I always stay, and I just got the last room available for the Tampa game (as of right now), so be sure to book ASAP...

Doh! Just saw the "09" part...LOL...

You have some time...

Hologide
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM

$119?! Woah, that's way more than I figured it would be. I suppose for gameday it would be okay, but I'm really gonna have to do some research here. And yeah, I presumed tix won't be going until April at the earliest. Just getting a ballpark figure here. Cheers!

Have a jolly good time, guvnah!
ROFL
Gotta love the stereotype

ChiefsCountry
08-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Try July thats when tickets go on sale, unless you can buy some off a season ticket holder.

StcChief
08-18-2008, 02:36 PM
2009 will still be a rebuilding year IMO. but we should have some building blocks, experience

hopefully a very good year then. I'd wait until after schedule released in 2009. around Draft day in late April.

Hologide
08-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah. I really want to see Gonzalez in his prime though, been waiting years to have the money to make the journey. I figure '09 may well be his last year before he starts to tail off... but here's hoping I'm wrong.

blueballs
08-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Do you know Donger

Hologide
08-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Who is this "Donger" you speak of....

blueballs
08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Just ignore me
it's best for all involved

chiefbowe82
08-18-2008, 03:19 PM
2009 will still be a rebuilding year IMO. but we should have some building blocks, experience

hopefully a very good year then. I'd wait until after schedule released in 2009. around Draft day in late April.

http://kcchiefs.com/future

aren't the 2009 teams determined already?

FAX
08-18-2008, 03:29 PM
If you're just coming for a couple of days, Mr. Hologide, you might wish to do what a lot of the old-timer Chiefs fans do and construct a mud hut next door to Arrowhead. Assuming KC doesn't get a lot of rain during your visit, it's an inexpensive lodging solution. There's a place near the main parking lot that sells straw and roof branches and brick molds. If you're coming by yourself, you'll only need 6 or 7 brick molds because you rotate them and, for a 1 bedroom hut, you're probably talking about 20 dollars worth of straw. You can pick up building techniques from some of the other guys hanging out at the mud hut village by the stadium. Personally, I prefer a simple hut, but I like two doorways for ventilation because I use a hotplate for cooking spaghetti and stuff. Bring plenty of soap and some towels.

Hope to see you there.

FAX

HypnotizedMonkey
08-18-2008, 03:33 PM
If you're just coming for a couple of days, Mr. Hologide, you might wish to do what a lot of the old-timer Chiefs fans do and construct a mud hut next door to Arrowhead. Assuming KC doesn't get a lot of rain during your visit, it's an inexpensive lodging solution. There's a place near the main parking lot that sells straw and roof branches and brick molds. If you're coming by yourself, you'll only need 6 or 7 brick molds because you rotate them and, for a 1 bedroom hut, you're probably talking about 20 dollars worth of straw. You can pick up building techniques from some of the other guys hanging out at the mud hut village by the stadium. Personally, I prefer a simple hut, but I like two doorways for ventilation because I use a hotplate for cooking spaghetti and stuff. Bring plenty of soap and some towels.

Hope to see you there.

FAX

I stayed here last season.... good people.

Braincase
08-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Donger is a Chiefs fan and regular poster that originally hails from across the pond.

Forget about the clowns on this board that don't have a clue... let's get to the important questions. Do you prefer Bitter, Porter or Stout?

Braincase
08-18-2008, 04:49 PM

Hope to see you there.

FAX

Oh Christ, I about lost it. ROFL

J Diddy
08-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Just ignore me
it's best for all involved

i agree it is best for all involved

blueballs
08-18-2008, 05:13 PM
i agree it is best for all involved

I've ****ed your mail slot

luv
08-18-2008, 05:35 PM

Whoa! You did see where he said "student's budget", right? There are suitable hotels for $50-$75. I just stayed at the Super 8 in Overland Park. With tax, it was just under $64 for the night, and it really isn't too long of a drive. Also near fast food places and Old Chicago (I really like that place).

As for tickets...

I'd say www.stubhub.com or www.ebay.com.

dannybcaitlyn
08-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Can someone post the address and contact info for the Drury? I will be making the trip in Nov.

luv
08-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Can someone post the address and contact info for the Drury? I will be making the trip in Nov.

816-923-3000

http://www.druryhotels.com/properties/kansascitystadium.cfm

Spott
08-18-2008, 07:58 PM
You can easily buy tickets right before the game for face value or less from scalpers, especially now that we are rebuilding. I don't know about the hotels, but I would think that there's plenty of places to stay that are less than $100 a night that aren't too far from the stadium.

DaFace
08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Regarding the "where" in terms of seats, the lower bowl can't be beat if you're wanting to be in the "loudest" part of the stadium. However, I actually prefer the upper deck, lower 15 rows or so, between the 20's. There's a pretty big difference in resale value between lower bowl seats and upper deck seats, so if you're on the budget, I'd recommend the latter. You have a great view and can really take in the whole experience.

JMO.