PDA

View Full Version : Music The man, the legend...Alice Cooper!!

InChiefsHell
08-19-2008, 02:28 PM
From my blog on my band's website:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=255178047&blogID=424966940

OK, I'm going to step out of my usual mode and write about another artist. People who know me know that I am a huge Alice Cooper fan...in fact it's almost a sickness. Well, as a result everyone makes fun of me, which is cool I can take it. I always chalk it up to people not knowing what the hell they are talking about...

Coop played last night (Saturday night 8-16) at the Stir Concert Cove...and I gotta say, the man still has it big time. For those of you who have never seen him, you are missing out on a rock legend who defines what a rock SHOW is. Yes, I've seen other "great" musicians, like Eric "I'm one of the greatest guitar players ever but I'm boring as all hell to watch" Clapton. I mean, why bother seeing a band live, when really all you are getting is what you could get if you bought the live CD...do people like to pay 80.00 for a ticket just to watch some dude sit in a chair and jam some great blues for 2 friggin' hours? Yaaaawn...wake me up when that shit is over...

No, if you want a SHOW, you go where the actual showmen are, and Alice Cooper is tops in that field, even at the age of 50 something. He came right out and punched the crowd in the face with some classic Coop, some obscure (but totally awesome) Coop, some new stuff off the last few albums. All the while, he has some fantastic musicians that play with him now, including Eric Singer on drums, who had a drum solo that was beyond wicked. Coop pulled out all the stops, and gave a classic show, culminating in his execution by hanging...he always gets executed somehow at the end, and it's always a high grade stunt. Then the old genius came out and played 3 songs for an encore, finishing up the night with a kick ass version of Elected, complete with guys dressed up as Obama, McCain and Bush all duking it out on stage. After kicking them off the stage, the Alice Cooper for President signs came out, including the slogan "A troubled man for troubled times". Awesome.

It was a fantastic combo of horror, action, and comedy that is typical of the Coop. If you don't dig the Coop, then you don't understand showmanship and are probably the type who digs watching a bunch of stoned out musicians jam for 2 hours. What the hell ever...

...give me a show. That's what I expected. The man, the legend, Alice Cooper, delivered as always.

Rock on!

Ari Chi3fs
08-19-2008, 02:30 PM
I thought it was... The man, the myth, the legend.

Am I mything something?

InChiefsHell
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeth. Yeth you are...

...I'm jutht to lazy to type all that out...

seclark
08-19-2008, 02:32 PM
different strokes...i'll pay to watch clapton sit and play. cooper's ok.
sec

HypnotizedMonkey
08-19-2008, 02:34 PM
right on

chasedude
08-19-2008, 02:35 PM
We're not Worthy! We're not Worthy!

InChiefsHell
08-19-2008, 02:35 PM
different strokes...i'll pay to watch clapton sit and play. cooper's ok.
sec

Different strokes indeed. I just get so much crap for being a Coop fan, but what can I say, I need a SHOW. I can't stand sitting there listening for 2 hours...short attention span I guess.

I have all the respect in the world for the Claptons of the world and what not, I just think a rock concert should hit more senses than just your ears.

Demonpenz
08-19-2008, 02:39 PM
It's about the music. I don't need the other stuff

seclark
08-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Different strokes indeed. I just get so much crap for being a Coop fan, but what can I say, I need a SHOW. I can't stand sitting there listening for 2 hours...short attention span I guess.

I have all the respect in the world for the Claptons of the world and what not, I just think a rock concert should hit more senses than just your ears.

cooper puts on a helluva show. my brother swears he played golf with him once and said he's nothing like the character in his shows.
sec

InChiefsHell
08-19-2008, 02:40 PM
It's about the music. I don't need the other stuff

*yawn* different strokes...

Demonpenz
08-19-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't like play's or any of that stuff either

Demonpenz
08-19-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't really care about makeup, wardrobe, coustums, theatrics, just the music man,,,, just the music

Deberg_1990
08-19-2008, 02:47 PM
1976 called. They want Cooper back.

J Diddy
08-19-2008, 02:47 PM
yeah he's playing in miami, ok on september 1st at buffalo run

www.buffalorun.com (http://www.buffalorun.com)

InChiefsHell
08-19-2008, 02:49 PM
cooper puts on a helluva show. my brother swears he played golf with him once and said he's nothing like the character in his shows.
sec

If I ever get down to Phoenix, I'm going to try to meet him at his bar, Cooperstown. Apparently, he just pops in and hangs out with people from time to time. I'd love to have a long talk with him...to have him kick my ass at golf would be a total honor.

This was the 4th time I've seen him. I saw him down in KC in like 1999 with the Scorpions, but he was not the headliner (they were apparently switching every venue, so KC got to see Alice open) and it kinda sucked having Welcome to my Nightmare played while it was still light out. But musically they were awesome, so for a fan like me it was no problem.

This last show at the Stir is probably second best, next to the first time I saw him back in '86.

InChiefsHell
08-19-2008, 02:49 PM

ROFL

Can't have him...he's moved on...kinda...

Demonpenz
08-19-2008, 02:52 PM
I like the music more than the other stuff

seclark
08-19-2008, 02:53 PM

how do you feel about the "show" part of it...you know makeup and whatnot?
sec

Demonpenz
08-19-2008, 02:57 PM
It's the best part

StcChief
08-19-2008, 02:57 PM

yeah he wants to be elected ROFL

chasedude
08-19-2008, 02:58 PM

I remember watching a interview with Blackie Lawless from WASP once. His shows are theatrical much like Coopers to the point he would set his crotch on fire. Well one night something went wrong and the pyrotechnics he used on his cod piece melted all over his crotch and thighs. That night he mentioned to the rest of his band, "If we had better songs, I wouldn't have to do this." LMAO

jlscorpio
08-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Alice is definately one of the overlooked icons. I love me some "Only Women Bleed"

InChiefsHell
08-19-2008, 03:08 PM
I remember watching a interview with Blackie Lawless from WASP once. His shows are theatrical much like Coopers to the point he would set his crotch on fire. Well one night something went wrong and the pyrotechnics he used on his cod piece melted all over his crotch and thighs. That night he mentioned to the rest of his band, "If we had better songs, I wouldn't have to do this." LMAO

That's pretty funny...ROFL

...but that's the thing...Alice DOES have great songs...add the show and it's a total experience...

InChiefsHell
08-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Alice is definately one of the overlooked icons. I love me some "Only Women Bleed"

I was blown away at some of the stuff he pulled out of the cellar:

Opened with the piano theme to "Steven", then went right into "It's Hot Tonight". I've never seen him play that one live. Then later he did "Halo of Flies"...just awesome.

Oh yeah, his wife and daughters dance in the show as well. What a trip. The family freak-show!!:D

Friendo
08-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Daltry can't sing anymore, but I would've loved to hear The Who cover "Eighteen" when they were intact...great song!

gblowfish
08-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Vincent puts on a good show.
And he's a heckuva golfer.

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2008, 03:22 PM
I've only come to truly appreciate Alice in the last 5 years or so. The man is a rock icon.

chasedude
08-19-2008, 03:29 PM
That's pretty funny...ROFL

...but that's the thing...Alice DOES have great songs...add the show and it's a total experience...

I've never been a huge fan but he does have some good songs.

BigRedChief
08-19-2008, 03:36 PM
I was listening to Alice Cooper when I was 8 years old and the rest of my classmates were listening to Bobby Goldsboro.

chasedude
08-19-2008, 03:39 PM
I was listening to Alice Cooper when I was 8 years old and the rest of my classmates were listening to Bobby Goldsboro.

I've never heard Bobby Goldsboro before this thread. I checked him out on youtube and BRC, you chose the right one in my book :thumb:

StcChief
08-19-2008, 03:41 PM
I was blown away at some of the stuff he pulled out of the cellar:

Opened with the piano theme to "Steven", then went right into "It's Hot Tonight". I've never seen him play that one live. Then later he did "Halo of Flies"...just awesome.

Oh yeah, his wife and daughters dance in the show as well. What a trip. The family freak-show!!:D

If he just did the old stuff I might go....

Jawshco
08-19-2008, 04:10 PM
If he just did the old stuff I might go....

When Alice played here, he played just about everything you'd want him to play. When he was finished I couldn't think of a single Cooper song that he skipped that I was wanting to hear, but it was a very long show.

His music is fantastic, and the guy sounds just as good as he ever did with a killer band. His performance was outstanding. Yes, it's theatrical, but it's also genuis. If you haven't seen it, you just don't know. Truly one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Deberg_1990
08-19-2008, 04:32 PM
This thread needs a little Poison:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RRY0R0Xgl0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RRY0R0Xgl0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

38yrsfan
08-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Musicians should be heard and not seen. :)

plbrdude
08-19-2008, 04:52 PM
sec

when i lived in phx my ex worked at a 7-11 on 19th ave & glendale for a while. she said several times that he had stopped in to get something. said he was always real nice and polite. never pulled the i'm a famous rock star stuff.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Mili Waukee

BigRedChief
08-19-2008, 05:54 PM
I've never heard Bobby Goldsboro before this thread. I checked him out on youtube and BRC, you chose the right one in my book :thumb:
Yeah, the dude was sugar pop deluxe. I hated it.

I saw these rock and roll bands on midnight special and they seemed a lot cooler to me. I had Led Zepplin and Jimi Hendrix too. I was way ahead of my fellow 8 year olds down in the belt buckle of the bible belt.

Nzoner
08-19-2008, 06:48 PM
It doesn't get much better than Billion Dollar Babies,one of the first 45's i ever owned,and for you youngsters a 45 is a small vinyl record :)

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qGrGqHf-wJA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

mikey23545
08-19-2008, 07:03 PM
It doesn't get much better than Billion Dollar Babies,one of the first 45's i ever owned,and for you youngsters a 45 is a small vinyl record :)

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qGrGqHf-wJA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

You probably need to tell them what a record was.

KC Tattoo
08-19-2008, 07:11 PM
This thread ROCKS!!!:rockon:

theultimatekcchiefsfan
08-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Our love is a <div id='vid1' style='width:320px;height:16px;text-align:center;background-color:dedede;'><a href='http://www.mp3raid.com/search/mp3/bed_of_nails.html' target='_blank' style='font:bold 11px tahoma;color:#000;'>Bed Of Nails Mp3</a></div>, love hurts good on a <div id='vid1' style='width:320px;height:16px;text-align:center;background-color:dedede;'><a href='http://www.mp3raid.com/search/mp3/bed_of_nails.html' target='_blank' style='font:bold 11px tahoma;color:#000;'>Bed Of Nails Mp3</a></div>
I'll lay you down and when all else fails, I'll drive you like a hammer on a <div id='vid1' style='width:320px;height:16px;text-align:center;background-color:dedede;'><a href='http://www.mp3raid.com/search/mp3/bed_of_nails.html' target='_blank' style='font:bold 11px tahoma;color:#000;'>Bed Of Nails Mp3</a></div>..<div id='vid1' style='width:320px;height:16px;text-align:center;background-color:dedede;'><a href='http://www.mp3raid.com/search/mp3/bed_of_nails.html' target='_blank' style='font:bold 11px tahoma;color:#000;'>Bed Of Nails Mp3</a></div>..<div id='vid1' style='width:320px;height:16px;text-align:center;background-color:dedede;'><a href='http://www.mp3raid.com/search/mp3/bed_of_nails.html' target='_blank' style='font:bold 11px tahoma;color:#000;'>Bed Of Nails Mp3</a></div>....

I used to lay the hammer to my old gf in the early 90's to the "TRASH" cd. I know it was after his prime and all but I still love that album.

KCUnited
08-19-2008, 09:07 PM

I wasn't the pyrothechnics, Chris Holmes just burped with a cigarette in his mouth.

BigRedChief
08-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Generation Landslide

Please clean your plate, dear, The lord above can see ya
Don't you know people are starving in Korea?
Alcohol and razorblades and poison and needles
Kindergarten people, they used 'em they need 'em
The over- indulgent machines were their children
There wasn't a way down on earth here to cool 'em
'Cause they looked just like humans at Kresges and Woolworth
But decadent brains were at work to destroy
Brats in battalions were ruling the streets saying
"Generation Landslide close the gap between 'em"
And i laugh to myself every man and the ladies
Who never could see those billions dollar babies

Militant mothers, hiding in the basement
Using pots and pans as their shields and their helmets
Molotov milk bottles heaved from pink high-chairs
While mothers limp burned, with certificate papers
Dad gets allowance from his sonny the dealer
Who's pubic to the world, but involved in high finance
Sister's out 'til five doing banker's son's hours
But she owns a Maserati, that's a gift from his father
Stop at full speed at one hundred miles per hour
The Colgate invisible shield finally got 'em
And I laugh to myself every man and the ladies
Who never could see those billion dollar babies

AZORChiefFan
08-19-2008, 09:37 PM
I met mr Cooper a few years ago at a party in N Scottsdale. He's was eating pasta salad and was with his daughter I believe. He's shorter than I expected.

vailpass
08-19-2008, 10:56 PM
If I ever get down to Phoenix, I'm going to try to meet him at his bar, Cooperstown. Apparently, he just pops in and hangs out with people from time to time. I'd love to have a long talk with him...to have him kick my ass at golf would be a total honor.

This was the 4th time I've seen him. I saw him down in KC in like 1999 with the Scorpions, but he was not the headliner (they were apparently switching every venue, so KC got to see Alice open) and it kinda sucked having Welcome to my Nightmare played while it was still light out. But musically they were awesome, so for a fan like me it was no problem.

This last show at the Stir is probably second best, next to the first time I saw him back in '86.

Do any radio stations in your area play Alice's nightly radio show? IMHO he is a great radio guy. He tells real-life stories about everyone who was ever anyone in rock and roll, plays a wide variety of killer music and is funny as hell. In case you care here is the site for his radio show:

www.nightswithalicecooper.com

Consistent1
08-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Our love is a <div id='vid1' style='width:320px;height:16px;text-align:center;background-color:dedede;'><a href='http://www.mp3raid.com/search/mp3/bed_of_nails.html' target='_blank' style='font:bold 11px tahoma;color:#000;'>Bed Of Nails Mp3</a></div>, love hurts good on a <div id='vid1' style='width:320px;height:16px;text-align:center;background-color:dedede;'><a href='http://www.mp3raid.com/search/mp3/bed_of_nails.html' target='_blank' style='font:bold 11px tahoma;color:#000;'>Bed Of Nails Mp3</a></div>
I'll lay you down and when all else fails, I'll drive you like a hammer on a <div id='vid1' style='width:320px;height:16px;text-align:center;background-color:dedede;'><a href='http://www.mp3raid.com/search/mp3/bed_of_nails.html' target='_blank' style='font:bold 11px tahoma;color:#000;'>Bed Of Nails Mp3</a></div>..<div id='vid1' style='width:320px;height:16px;text-align:center;background-color:dedede;'><a href='http://www.mp3raid.com/search/mp3/bed_of_nails.html' target='_blank' style='font:bold 11px tahoma;color:#000;'>Bed Of Nails Mp3</a></div>..<div id='vid1' style='width:320px;height:16px;text-align:center;background-color:dedede;'><a href='http://www.mp3raid.com/search/mp3/bed_of_nails.html' target='_blank' style='font:bold 11px tahoma;color:#000;'>Bed Of Nails Mp3</a></div>....

I used to lay the hammer to my old gf in the early 90's to the "TRASH" cd. I know it was after his prime and all but I still love that album.

The Gorfian empire lives. That is funny dude.

L.A. Chieffan
08-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Mili Waukee

it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

patteeu
08-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Do any radio stations in your area play Alice's nightly radio show? IMHO he is a great radio guy. He tells real-life stories about everyone who was ever anyone in rock and roll, plays a wide variety of killer music and is funny as hell. In case you care here is the site for his radio show:

I agree. He's got a good show. The stories are the big draw for me.

JuicesFlowing
08-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Alice Cooper has a great sense of humor. I haven't been able to see him live in concert yet.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2008, 02:08 AM
I wasn't the pyrothechnics, Chris Holmes just burped with a cigarette in his mouth.

No, that was his mom.

She's a bigger alcoholic than Chris ever dreamed of being but for the past two years, Chris has fortunately been sober.

InChiefsHell
08-20-2008, 05:48 AM
it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

"Can this guy party or what?"
:clap:

InChiefsHell
08-20-2008, 05:49 AM
No, that was his mom.

She's a bigger alcoholic than Chris ever dreamed of being but for the past two years, Chris has fortunately been sober.

Thank God for that...did you see Fall of Wesern Civilization: The Metal Years? He was a disgusting human being in that movie...:shake:

InChiefsHell
08-20-2008, 05:51 AM
Generation Landslide

Please clean your plate, dear, The lord above can see ya
Don't you know people are starving in Korea?
Alcohol and razorblades and poison and needles
Kindergarten people, they used 'em they need 'em
The over- indulgent machines were their children
There wasn't a way down on earth here to cool 'em
'Cause they looked just like humans at Kresges and Woolworth
But decadent brains were at work to destroy
Brats in battalions were ruling the streets saying
"Generation Landslide close the gap between 'em"
And i laugh to myself every man and the ladies
Who never could see those billions dollar babies

Militant mothers, hiding in the basement
Using pots and pans as their shields and their helmets
Molotov milk bottles heaved from pink high-chairs
While mothers limp burned, with certificate papers
Dad gets allowance from his sonny the dealer
Who's pubic to the world, but involved in high finance
Sister's out 'til five doing banker's son's hours
But she owns a Maserati, that's a gift from his father
Stop at full speed at one hundred miles per hour
The Colgate invisible shield finally got 'em
And I laugh to myself every man and the ladies
Who never could see those billion dollar babies

That song is pure GENIOUS!! One of my many fav's of his.

LA-DA-DA-DADAAAAAAAAA!

InChiefsHell
08-20-2008, 05:52 AM
Musicians should be heard and not seen. :)

..bleh... :D

InChiefsHell
08-20-2008, 05:57 AM

No, but thanks for the link. I've been meaning to get out there and look for it on-line. Thanks!

InChiefsHell
08-20-2008, 06:01 AM
When Alice played here, he played just about everything you'd want him to play. When he was finished I couldn't think of a single Cooper song that he skipped that I was wanting to hear, but it was a very long show.

His music is fantastic, and the guy sounds just as good as he ever did with a killer band. His performance was outstanding. Yes, it's theatrical, but it's also genuis. If you haven't seen it, you just don't know. Truly one of the best shows I've ever seen.

This is absolutely nuts-on correct! If you are a hard-core fan of the Coop or a newbie, his show does not disappoint. He played for 2 hours the other night, and really only played about 6 or 7 songs from the "newer" era (Trash to present.) Played nothing off of the early to mid 80's stuff (like Dada, zipper catches skin, FLush the fasion, Special Forces) which is probably because very few people unless you are a freak like me, even know those albums.

Seriously, if he's in your area and you have any inclining towards rock music, this is a MUST SEE show...

...InChiefsHell was not paid for this endorsement...:)

vailpass
08-20-2008, 10:55 AM
when i lived in phx my ex worked at a 7-11 on 19th ave & glendale for a while. she said several times that he had stopped in to get something. said he was always real nice and polite. never pulled the i'm a famous rock star stuff.

19th Ave and Glendale? Man I'm glad she lived through that. My favorite Mexican drive through is on 19th ave just off of Glendale (Bronco) and that is a harsh hood come sundown.

plbrdude
08-20-2008, 11:47 AM
19th Ave and Glendale? Man I'm glad she lived through that. My favorite Mexican drive through is on 19th ave just off of Glendale (Bronco) and that is a harsh hood come sundown.

prolly got worse thru the years. she would have been there fro like 89-91, then at 32nd st and thunderbird or cactus. that neighborhood anyway. last 2 years we were there we lived off 12th st & northern which i hear is a total pit now.

vailpass
08-20-2008, 12:51 PM
prolly got worse thru the years. she would have been there fro like 89-91, then at 32nd st and thunderbird or cactus. that neighborhood anyway. last 2 years we were there we lived off 12th st & northern which i hear is a total pit now.

Yeah it was probably just fine back then.
Funny, I live not terribly far from 12th and Northern now in the old Central/Maryland district. I wouldn't call 12th and Northern a pit however it is pretty much the on ramp to the 51.

asdf
08-20-2008, 02:57 PM
My favorite AC album is "From the Inside" - it's like Toto with Alice's gritty voice and twisted lyrics. In fact Steve Lukather co-wrote and played on a couple of tunes

--------------------------
Nurse Rozetta I won't let her
Catch me peering down her sweater
Fantasizing silk suspender on her thighs
Nurse Rozetta make me better
Secretly my eyes undress her
Let me feel your tongue depressor

I'm suddenly twice my size
My pants are all wet inside

:)

Nzoner
08-20-2008, 03:51 PM
My favorite AC album is "From the Inside" - it's like Toto with Alice's gritty voice and twisted lyrics. In fact Steve Lukather co-wrote and played on a couple of tunes

--------------------------
Nurse Rozetta I won't let her
Catch me peering down her sweater
Fantasizing silk suspender on her thighs
Nurse Rozetta make me better
Secretly my eyes undress her
Let me feel your tongue depressor

I'm suddenly twice my size
My pants are all wet inside

:)

Wow,you're the first person I've ever seen that has said that besides myself.What a great album and apparently one that was written during and based on his time in detox and some of the characters he met.

I love every song on it but The Quiet Room is probably my fav

"They've got this place
where they been keeping me
and I just can't
just can't get these damn wrists to bleed"

DeepPurple
08-20-2008, 04:26 PM
In 1970 I was in the Army stationed in Korea. I had a killer stereo and was always blasting music in the barracks.

One day a new guy came up to me and said, have you ever heard of a band called Alice Cooper? I said no. He said, I'm from Detroit and was just home on leave and they are the biggest name in town.

Then he said, here's some pictures he took of the band. He then showed me about a dozen black and white photos of Alice Cooper playing at some club. I said, that's cool, maybe they'll make it big some day.

plbrdude
08-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah it was probably just fine back then.
Funny, I live not terribly far from 12th and Northern now in the old Central/Maryland district. I wouldn't call 12th and Northern a pit however it is pretty much the on ramp to the 51.

sorry, i was more referring to the apt. complex i was at. la mirada. i've heard its gotten pretty rough.

Fairplay
08-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow,you're the first person I've ever seen that has said that besides myself.What a great album and apparently one that was written during and based on his time in detox and some of the characters he met.

I'm going to have to pick up that CD sometime.

I'll get back with you when i pick it up and listen to it. It won't be for a little while though. I rarely listen to music anymore except when i'm at work. Other then that i am an A.M. Junkie.

vailpass
08-20-2008, 07:15 PM
sorry, i was more referring to the apt. complex i was at. la mirada. i've heard its gotten pretty rough.

No offense taken, I live in a completely different neighborhood.
Ah La Mirada, just down the street from local watering hole The Four Kings.

InChiefsHell
08-21-2008, 07:27 AM

I love every song on it but The Quiet Room is probably my fav

"They've got this place
where they been keeping me
and I just can't
just can't get these damn wrists to bleed"

Ditto that! I love that whole album..."Serious" is one of my favs:

All of my life was a laugh and a joke
and a drink and a smoke
and the I passed out on the floor...

again and again and again and again!!

or Millie and Billie...

or Jack knife Johnny...

and you can't forget "How you gonna see me now?"

That whole album is great...

Any Lace and Whiskey fans, or Muscle of Love?