PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs McIntosh on his way out of the starting lineup

Mr. Arrowhead
08-19-2008, 03:58 PM
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/143

A future offensive lineup change?

The Chiefs have kept their offensive lineup intact but a change could take place soon.

Coach Herm Edwards appears to be losing patience with right tackle Damion McIntosh, who missed today's practice with what Edwards called a sore ankle. McIntosh could be back to work as soon as today, but he missed a lot of practice time in Wisconsin with a sore knee.

For now, the Chiefs have no ready replacement for McIntosh. His backup is rookie Barry Richardson, who is being overwhelmed much of the time.

That will change when left tackle Branden Albert returns. Albert will step back into the lineup, displacing Herb Taylor. The Chiefs have been encouraged with his progress, so it's becoming more and more possible that Taylor could replace McIntosh once Albert returns.

I don't think Albert will be ready for the season-opener in New England, but let's say he is and that the Chiefs make the Taylor for McIntosh switch. That would mean the Chiefs would go into the den of the defending AFC champion with an offensive line consisting of Albert and Taylor at tackle, center Rudy Niswanger (zero career NFL starts between them) and guards Brian Waters (102) and Adrian Jones (16).

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Well...it's either B-Rich, which is a disaster waiting to happen, or mess with Herb Taylor, who has never played a down at RT in the pros.

Should be interesting.

evolve27
08-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Let Barry Richardson play!

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Let Barry Richardson play!

If they start B-Rich at RT he's going to get beaten like a drum in pass protection. He's not ready.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-19-2008, 04:01 PM
i say Move Herb Taylor over

Micjones
08-19-2008, 04:01 PM
I'd like to see Taylor get the chance to start at Right Tackle, but I suspect that it won't be as easy as it sounds to just plug him in there.

jlscorpio
08-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Good news. If you're not moving forward, you're moving backward.

evolve27
If they start B-Rich at RT he's going to get beaten like a drum in pass protection. He's not ready.

Does he not have strength or just technique/motivation problems?

beach tribe
Should be interesting.

To say the least. We are going to need consistent O-line play to get a good read on Croyle.

Maybe by mid season some guys will have jelled. We are dead against NE.

BigCatDaddy
08-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Well Herb is obviously not the future LT for the Chiefs barring injury, so I'm willing to let him learn on the job this year at RT. I wouldn't mind seeing Richardson slide down and learn to play RG. He is big, nasty and can't pass block against the quicker DE's right now.

Demonpenz
Hopefully we give BC enough time to overthrow is recievers

Count Alex's Losses

He played left tackle in college. I think he's still struggling with his footwork.

beach tribe
08-19-2008, 04:04 PM

Foot work, and technique from what I've seen. Speed rushers kill him. A guy chopped his hands down, and blew right by him against AZ

StcChief
Have Taylor start taking snaps there at RT too.?

DeezNutz
Football experts, would it be best to move Taylor or would it be easier, and thus better, for a rookie to begin his NFL career on the right side, even if the future plan would be to move him eventually? The John Tait career trajectory, in other words...

evolve27
08-19-2008, 04:06 PM
He played left tackle in college. I think he's still struggling with his footwork.

Foot work, and technique from what I've seen. Speed rushers kill him. A guy chopped his hands down, and blew right by him against AZ

Damn, we're gonna see the same plug in problems at that position. D-mac get's hurt every week.

alpha_omega
What is happening with Svitek??? He couldn't be any worse than Richardson could he?

Count Alex's Losses
What is happening with Svitek??? He couldn't be any worse than Richardson could he?

Svitek's gonna be cut. Forget him.

BigCatDaddy
08-19-2008, 04:07 PM
I think I heard Herb labeled as a "Swing" tackle somewhere. I wonder if he has taken any reps on the right side.

alpha_omega
08-19-2008, 04:07 PM

That bad, huh?

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2008, 04:08 PM
That bad, huh?

Actually I think Svitek has been OK this year. But with Albert, Herb, McIntosh and Richardson, there's really no place for him.

evolve27
08-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Isn't Luke Petitgout available, doesn't he play RT? He could fill in after week 4 as insurance for when D-mac gets hurt.

Frazod
08-19-2008, 04:09 PM

Damn, how bad do you have to be to be an offensive lineman cut from THIS TEAM? :spock:

Good luck selling vacuum cleaners, Will.

Iowanian
08-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Be honest. You can tell me.....Its because McIntosh is a wounded vagina, isn't it?

Svitek is terrible. He should have been cut LAST year.

The Bad Guy
08-19-2008, 04:14 PM
They need to cut McIntosh. Cut their loses and move on. The guy is a slightly average tackle. He sucks in space. He can't run block to save his life.

Taylor has impressed me, and should be taking snaps now at RT to prepare.

I think though this shows why the Chiefs needed to add at least one decent named lineman in FA. It was Faine or bust, and that was the wrong strategy.

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2008, 04:16 PM
They need to cut McIntosh. Cut their loses and move on. The guy is a slightly average tackle. He sucks in space. He can't run block to save his life.

He makes too much money.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Has Herb given up a sack yet in preseason?

Rick
08-19-2008, 04:19 PM
absoutely yes he is worse, I agree with Albert,Waters,Niswanger,Richardson(eventually),Taylor. McIntosh won't make it 3 weeks straight, although he really hasn't played that poorly-------but Taylor I think has looked ready for a RT spot.

RedThat
08-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Not only is McIntosh just average, he can't even stay healthy. Bad combination, and bad signing.

I hope they don't take Taylor out of the lineup. The guy has been one of the Chiefs best O-lineman so far.

Dicky McElephant
08-19-2008, 04:21 PM
**** it....put in Richardson or Taylor.

the Talking Can
08-19-2008, 04:25 PM
hmm...who could of guessed that McInsvitek wouldn't stay healthy and would be replaced.....hmmm...

hmmm

gee

alpha_omega
08-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Wow...i guess i have been out of touch....i didn't realize that Svitek was a total POS. I haven't seen either of the pre season games this year, but that is no excuse for me....i guess i need to start to paying more attention.

The Bad Guy
08-19-2008, 04:33 PM
He makes too much money.

I know how much he makes.

What an awful signing.

FAX
08-19-2008, 04:35 PM
hmm...who could of guessed that McInsvitek wouldn't stay healthy and would be replaced.....hmmm...

hmmm

gee

Exactly. He's already said he didn't want to play RT. I'm not saying he'd fake an injury, but he might take his sweet time getting better.

Here we go again. Depth-wise, when one of our big wussies gets injured, we don't have enough dominos to make this work.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2008, 04:36 PM
I know how much he makes.

What an awful signing.

Eh, he served his purpose last year.

I think the thing I'm most disappointed about is the fact he can't stay healthy. What a glass vagina that guy has. Incredible.

King_Chief_Fan
08-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Hopefully we give BC enough time to overthrow is recievers
ROFL

Frosty
08-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Isn't Luke Petitgout available, doesn't he play RT? He could fill in after week 4 as insurance for when D-mac gets hurt.

Looks like he is facing a four game suspension and has a bum knee.

DeezNutz
08-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Since Taylor has been at least serviceable on the left side, does anyone think it might have long-term benefits to let Albert get his feet wet at RT? Since he's always played on the left side, albeit at guard primarily, would this transition be even harder than trying to play LT at the NFL level?

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Since Taylor has been at least serviceable on the left side, does anyone think it might have long-term benefits to let Albert get his feet wet at RT? Since he's always played on the left side, albeit at guard primarily, would this transition be even harder than trying to play LT at the NFL level?

I think it would be, yeah. Lot harder to go from one side to the other.

DeezNutz
08-19-2008, 04:43 PM
I think it would be, yeah. Lot harder to go from one side to the other.

Yeah, that's my knee-jerk reaction, too, but I was thinking about the type of athlete that the LT typically has to face.

SNR
08-19-2008, 04:44 PM
The Chiefs blew their load when they moved Taylor to LT and McIntosh to RT. Should've had McIntosh back up Albert and allowed Taylor to continue to get better at the right side like he was doing all of last season.

This will be a difficult move for the entire offensive line when they make some guys switch positions because of McIntosh's injury problems.

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, that's my knee-jerk reaction, too, but I was thinking about the type of athlete that the LT typically has to face.

Well, just because he's big, don't mistake Albert for a slow road grader. The guy is amazingly athletic. He's going to be really good.

The Chiefs blew their load when they moved Taylor to LT and McIntosh to RT. Should've had McIntosh back up Albert and allowed Taylor to continue to get better at the right side like he was doing all of last season.

This will be a difficult move for the entire offensive line when they make some guys switch positions because of McIntosh's injury problems.

Taylor was a LT last year. But I see your point.

DeezNutz
08-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, just because he's big, don't mistake Albert for a slow road grader. The guy is amazingly athletic. He's going to be really good.

Oh, I'm not saying that he's not. I was just thinking about the John Tait model of becoming successful long term in the league (though Tait is back on the right, I believe).

Mr. Arrowhead
this came from herms press conference today

Q: Are you starting from scratch as far as continuity goes with this line?

EDWARDS: "Herbie's played both sides and that's the good thing about him. He's actually the swing tackle, he's a guy that can play left or right and that's a saving grace for him. You'd like to get your offensive line to play together, and they're not. They're missing one guy and he's a big part of it. Herb is getting experience and that's good for us."

Ultra Peanut
Svitek was a valiant effort, but projects don't always work out.

POND_OF_RED
08-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Damn, how bad do you have to be to be an offensive lineman cut from THIS TEAM? :spock:

Good luck selling vacuum cleaners, Will.

With the Chiefs luck he will probably move on and become a pro bowl tackle a few years down the line.

aturnis
08-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Good, I'm glad. F! Richardson, let Taylor play. I've been thinking it for weeks. Everyone on this damned board has been saying to put B Rich on the right. I saw him in camp, and in the preseason, not real good against the pass rush at all. Too many whiffs. Taylor has EARNED his spot. Let the kid play!

FAX
08-19-2008, 05:11 PM
God. When will we get this offensive line thing fixed? Croyle doesn't have much of a chance unless or until we do. I would hate to see him carted off the field while The Rotten Apple sits on his McIntush getting his cankles massaged.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
08-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Granted, Herb hasn't played RT in the pros, but played there for 2 years at TCU, if memory serves.

He'd be fine there, and it goes back to what some of us have been saying for months:

Put the best 5 out there. Period.

Buehler445
08-19-2008, 05:15 PM
When they initially moved McIntosh, I wanted them to make him a backup and let one of the newbies start at RT. Mac being a glass vagina only added to last year's problems. I'm OK if he is a backup, but we can't lean on him for 16 weeks.

Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
08-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Svitek is just horrid. He belongs in the same class with guys like Terry and Turley.

Yes, that bad.

Albert/Waters/Niswanger/Jones/Taylor sounds alright. I don't care how they move them around as long as the right side is the best two offensive linemen we have in the position they will be able to play the best. The left side should be servicable, so I really don't care who's on the right; but McIntosh isn't the answer.

chop
08-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Good, I'm glad. F! Richardson, let Taylor play. I've been thinking it for weeks. Everyone on this damned board has been saying to put B Rich on the right. I saw him in camp, and in the preseason, not real good against the pass rush at all. Too many whiffs. Taylor has EARNED his spot. Let the kid play!

I agree. I have been wanting Taylor to get a chance on the right side also.

jjchieffan
08-19-2008, 06:52 PM
He makes too much money.

Hell, the team didn't spend any money this year. I have no idea how far under the cap they are, but I bet it is enough to cover his remaining signing bonus. If he is dead weight, cut his ass or trade him. Hell we got a pick for Simms. And its not like that extra cap space is going to be used this year.

Mecca
08-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Last years FA moves look real good right now.....we got an old injured LB, a LB who got benched and a OT that deserves to be benched.

KCCHIEFS27
08-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Why not leave Herb Taylor, who is playing VERY WELL, at LT and bring Branden Albert in at RT when he's healthy since they say RT is easier than LT. They are both the same age, so why can't Herb Taylor stay at LT if he's playing really well? JUST BECAUSE we drafted some guy to play LT in the first round doesn't mean he HAS to play there..that's exactly what I'd expect a front office to say..not the coaches on field level.

Coach
08-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Last years FA moves look real good right now.....we got an old injured LB, a LB who got benched and a OT that deserves to be benched.

Moves like this really hurts the football team, no doubt about it. At least they are somewhat half-assing correcting the problem (Benching Nap Harris, and the possibility of McFatAssBastard.

the Talking Can
08-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Why not leave Herb Taylor, who is playing VERY WELL, at LT and bring Branden Albert in at RT when he's healthy since they say RT is easier than LT. They are both the same age, so why can't Herb Taylor stay at LT if he's playing really well? JUST BECAUSE we drafted some guy to play LT in the first round doesn't mean he HAS to play there..that's exactly what I'd expect a front office to say..not the coaches on field level.

good grief no

the Talking Can
08-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Moves like this really hurts the football team, no doubt about it. At least they are somewhat half-assing correcting the problem (Benching Nap Harris, and the possibility of McFatAssBastard.

in the past they wouldn't have benched these guys...we just need to stop letting gun chose FAs....he is a ****ing idiot

Coach
08-19-2008, 07:24 PM
good grief no

Would like to see your reasoning why you disagree, that's all. I mean, it's not the greatest idea of all, but it is something to think about. :shrug:

the Talking Can
08-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Would like to see your reasoning why you disagree, that's all. I mean, it's not the greatest idea of all, but it is something to think about. :shrug:

sorry, didn't mean to be an ass

but we drafted a LT, lets let him play....we want our best player and athlete there...by all accounts that is going to be Alberts....

Hydrae
08-19-2008, 07:51 PM

but we drafted a LT, lets let him play....we want our best player and athlete there...by all accounts that is going to be Alberts....

More typical Chiefs BS IMO. Taylor played the left side since college, leave him there. Albert played the right side his entire career up to now, leave him there.

Direckshun
08-19-2008, 07:57 PM
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/143

A future offensive lineup change?

The Chiefs have kept their offensive lineup intact but a change could take place soon.

Coach Herm Edwards appears to be losing patience with right tackle Damion McIntosh, who missed today's practice with what Edwards called a sore ankle. McIntosh could be back to work as soon as today, but he missed a lot of practice time in Wisconsin with a sore knee.

For now, the Chiefs have no ready replacement for McIntosh. His backup is rookie Barry Richardson, who is being overwhelmed much of the time.

That will change when left tackle Branden Albert returns. Albert will step back into the lineup, displacing Herb Taylor. The Chiefs have been encouraged with his progress, so it's becoming more and more possible that Taylor could replace McIntosh once Albert returns.

I don't think Albert will be ready for the season-opener in New England, but let's say he is and that the Chiefs make the Taylor for McIntosh switch. That would mean the Chiefs would go into the den of the defending AFC champion with an offensive line consisting of Albert and Taylor at tackle, center Rudy Niswanger (zero career NFL starts between them) and guards Brian Waters (102) and Adrian Jones (16).
Ohhhhhh **** YES.

RustShack
08-19-2008, 08:06 PM
This may have already been posted, but I say just move Herb to RT now and let McIntosh be our LT until Alberts comes back. McIntosh plays best at LT anyways, and Herb could use the snaps ASAP.

tmax63
08-19-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm hoping that McTush can cover RT until Albert gets back and gets partially up to speed in a couple of weeks. Get Taylor some time at RT and then when Mctush gets hurt about week 4-5 maybe the Chiefs have their best 5 on the field. Then when Mctush gets healthy he gets to be the 1st backup until BRich or whoever can beat him out.

the Talking Can
08-19-2008, 08:47 PM
More typical Chiefs BS IMO. Taylor played the left side since college, leave him there. Albert played the right side his entire career up to now, leave him there.

let's not and say we didn't

Shaid
08-19-2008, 08:52 PM
This may have already been posted, but I say just move Herb to RT now and let McIntosh be our LT until Alberts comes back. McIntosh plays best at LT anyways, and Herb could use the snaps ASAP.

Exactly what I was thinking. Big Mac can be a backup for both sides. Now we just have to fix the RG problem.

Hydrae
08-19-2008, 08:56 PM
let's not and say we didn't

Why?

Everyone gets all upset when the Chiefs draft another safety to play corner but are excited about a young kid changing sides of the offensive line. Everything I have ever read about it says that switching sides of the line is very hard to do. And now we are going to move not just one but both tackles to the opposite side of what they are used to?

Again, why?

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Anyone think that Barry Richardson could make a move to RG sometime in the future? It seems like he is a road grader run blocker, but struggles in the pass protection. I have no clue if it is something to be considered to be honest. :)

alanm
08-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Svitek can't even stay on the field. If there ever was a poster child for paper cuts in the NFL it's Svitek.
He's toast. If he's on the team past 1st cuts I'll be shocked.

aturnis
08-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Guys who were LT's for their entire college careers get drafted to play RT, and start there their rookie year. My guess is switching from LT to RT isn't as hard as some guy typing his "expert opinion" on the internet would have you believe. Besides, Taylor has played both sides, in college and I'm sure last year he probably got experience on both sides in practice.

I would much rather risk Brodies season on Albert than Taylor. He may be a little behind the curve due to his injury, but the coaches seem very pleased with him. I'd hate to see Taylor get beat by a f-ing Patriot and lose Brodie over the deal.

Albert is very athletic, and Long, he should have the speed and reach to recover even if beaten on the first move. Hence the reason the team believes he can play the position.

No knock on Herbie, but I wouldn't wanna risk it. Besides, I'd really like to see a RT who can stop the guy who's trying to kill the QB. I think Taylor can do that quite well, and also run block.

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2008, 09:11 PM
The problem isn't that Herb can't play RT. It's that he's been playing LT EXCLUSIVELY since OTAs, all through camp and in the preseason. He hasn't logged one single snap at RT.

Switching him now presents a problem, IMO.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2008, 09:42 PM
omg we are gonna get FFFFeeedddd up in New England!

The Bad Guy
08-19-2008, 09:48 PM
The problem isn't that Herb can't play RT. It's that he's been playing LT EXCLUSIVELY since OTAs, all through camp and in the preseason. He hasn't logged one single snap at RT.

Switching him now presents a problem, IMO.

The biggest problem is footwork.

If he played RT in college, the problem decreases ten-fold.

Cormac
08-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Whatever about RT, I'm covering my eyes from the possibility of playing a rookie college guard......who missed his entire first training camp.......at LT.....on opening day......against the best team in the league.

We're skewered.

In the end, what does it matter. The next couple of seasons are all about rebuilding anyway........but still......

Deberg_1990
08-19-2008, 10:11 PM
I hear Kyle Turley is available.

Coach
08-19-2008, 10:12 PM

No, I know you weren't being an ass. I was just only curious what the explaination would be.

Yeah, we drafted a LT to let him play it, however what if Taylor is performing at a high level on the LT? And Albert is suddenly healthy now, would you want to take the riske of switching Taylor from LT to RT, which could mess up his niche/grove/whatever you want to call it on the LT spot?

It's a tough decision, but really, it does depend on what the situation is, meaning where the Chiefs are at, record wise.

KCrockaholic
08-19-2008, 10:35 PM
McIntosh is a puss...but Herb Taylor will be awesome, id take him over at RT

macdawg
08-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Herb appears to be a worthwhile investment so far as a 6th round pick. He looks to be doing pretty good on the left and I also am hoping he can transition to RT and Albert can stay healthy in 16 games at LT and be an upgrade. Thing is Albert was a guard in college and I was told they WANT him to play tackle, but at worst he will be a top guard in the league in case he can't play LT, which we don't know yet.

I was hoping as far as free agent tackles go we'd get someone higher on the food chain than Albert, guy was mediocre in Miami, last training camp he gets hurt in 2nd or 3rd practice, guys too injury prone and time to cut your losses, might as well play other players cuz he's gone at the end of the year regardless.

CoMoChief
08-19-2008, 11:14 PM
No, I know you weren't being an ass. I was just only curious what the explaination would be.

Yeah, we drafted a LT to let him play it, however what if Taylor is performing at a high level on the LT? And Albert is suddenly healthy now, would you want to take the riske of switching Taylor from LT to RT, which could mess up his niche/grove/whatever you want to call it on the LT spot?

It's a tough decision, but really, it does depend on what the situation is, meaning where the Chiefs are at, record wise.

Albert is a first rounder, Taylor a 6th, the decision really isn't that hard when you're rebuilding like we are. I'd rather risk a 6th rd pick on messing up his groove than a 1st rounder.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2008, 11:27 PM
I hope we don't get embarrassed too bad

Count Alex's Losses
08-19-2008, 11:29 PM
I hope we don't get embarrassed too bad

I hope we get ****ing destroyed.

Best way to learn.

BIG K
08-20-2008, 12:24 AM

It's a tough decision, but really, it does depend on what the situation is, meaning where the Chiefs are at, record wise...

Awesome post! I have been saying the same thing but have not received good vibes, you know? In a perfect world, Albert comes back fully healthy and ready to land the LT spot, and Taylor moves to RT and does not miss a beat. What if though, Albert struggles? Do we keep
Taylor at the RT spot (as suggested by everyone on this board) and plug in 'whoever' at the LT spot and leave Taylor at RT?

Just curious.....The kids seems to be picking it up pretty quick...

The Bad Guy
08-20-2008, 12:28 AM
I hope we get ****ing destroyed.

Best way to learn.

Spoken like someone who has never played a competitive sport.

If the Chiefs go up to New England, and stay with them or beat them, that's 100x better than getting ass-raped.

milkman
08-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Well...it's either B-Rich, which is a disaster waiting to happen, or mess with Herb Taylor, who has never played a down at RT in the pros.

Should be interesting.

He played RT for two seasons at TCU, he seems like a smart kid, and a hard worker.

The transition should be relatively easy and painless.

Anything to get McCuntosh off the field works for me.

milkman
08-20-2008, 07:49 AM

While Taylor has done a nice job thus far, he isn't close to Albert in terms of athleticism and footspeed, not to mention the huge wingspan that Albert has.

Only Ryan Clady had a longer reach than Albert is this draft class.

Mike Mayock described his footwork, saying he had "Dancer's feet", which is a perfect description.

What he lacks in experience, he should easily make up for in sheer natural ability.

So no, you don't let him get his feet wet on the right side.

You plug him in at LT now and let grow through the season.

milkman
08-20-2008, 07:59 AM

Uh......no.

Albert played LG in college.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/branden_albert/

But thanks for playing.

milkman
08-20-2008, 08:12 AM

Oh, and just to be clear, if you mean that Taylor has played the left side since college, if by "since college" you mean his one season as a pro, then yeah, in games that he saw the field last year, he only played the left side.

However, if by "since college" you mean that he played the left side exclusively in college, well, then once you again, you'd be clueless.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/herb_taylor/

milkman
08-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Football experts, would it be best to move Taylor or would it be easier, and thus better, for a rookie to begin his NFL career on the right side, even if the future plan would be to move him eventually? The John Tait career trajectory, in other words...

Tait was moved to the right side by the Chiefs because Willie Roaf was brought to KC, but the fact is, in his time in Chicago he's only been servicable at LT, which is why the Bears are trying to move him back to the right side.

SNR
08-20-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm almost positive we move Richardson to RG next season. Especially if Adrian Jones is okay but not the greatest thing ever. We'll want an upgrade and Richardson's natural talents (run blocking) seem to fit the bill.

milkman
08-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm almost positive we move Richardson to RG next season. Especially if Adrian Jones is okay but not the greatest thing ever. We'll want an upgrade and Richardson's natural talents (run blocking) seem to fit the bill.

At 6'7" tall, Richardson might have problems with shorter, squattier DTs if he's moved to guard.

I think Richardson has to make it at RT or bust.

KCCHIEFS27
08-20-2008, 11:20 AM
There are some very good guards who are atleast 6'6: Leonard Davis(Cowboys), Alan Faneca(Jets), Derrick Dockery(Bills)..just to name a few. I definitely think Richardson could make the switch to Guard..but that is the last option. We need him at Tackle.

SNR
08-20-2008, 11:20 AM
At 6'7" tall, Richardson might have problems with shorter, squattier DTs if he's moved to guard.

I think Richardson has to make it at RT or bust.Shit, nevermind. Didn't realize he was that big :eek:

milkman
08-20-2008, 11:28 AM
There are some very good guards who are atleast 6'6: Leonard Davis(Cowboys), Alan Faneca(Jets), Derrick Dockery(Bills)..just to name a few. I definitely think Richardson could make the switch to Guard..but that is the last option. We need him at Tackle.

Those guys never had the kind of knee bend questions that Richardson has.

beach tribe
08-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Those guys never had the kind of knee bend questions that Richardson has.

Umm, Leonard Davis did.

milkman
08-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Umm, Leonard Davis did.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought Davis issue was his inability to seal off the edge because he lacked the quick feet to do so.

chiefsngop
08-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Spoken like someone who has never played a competitive sport.

If the Chiefs go up to New England, and stay with them or beat them, that's 100x better than getting ass-raped.

Damn straight. In baseball hitting is contagious, same thing with solid play in football. Going up there and getting totally destroyed teaches NOTHING, by the 4th quarter guys will be paying more attention to the clock than "learning" anything.

If the "getting destroyed teaches you something" theory was true wouldn't this team have been light years ahead after leaving Denver last year ?

LOCOChief
08-20-2008, 01:59 PM

;)

Coach
08-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Albert is a first rounder, Taylor a 6th, the decision really isn't that hard when you're rebuilding like we are. I'd rather risk a 6th rd pick on messing up his groove than a 1st rounder.

True, but who makes a whole alot of shitload money? The first rounder does, therefore the Chiefs better damn make sure that he's ready and that his groove don't get messed up instead of a 6th rounder.

BUT, if a O-Lineman is playing very well, then what's the point of removing him? It's like telling "You're doing a great job, but we have to take you out becuase of our first rounder."

Lame.