PDA

View Full Version : KU Morris Twin arrested for shooting "air-soft" gun

RockChalk
08-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Figured all of you KU haters would get a kick out of this. What a brilliant way to start out your college career.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/aug/20/freshman_jayhawk_basketball_player_gets_court_date/

An incoming Kansas University basketball player is accused of shooting an Airsoft rifle BB gun out of his university dorm room, possibly hitting a woman in the courtyard below, the KU Public Safety office said.

Markieff Morris, 18, was issued a notice to appear in court after the incident, which the KU Public Safety office said occurred about 11:15 p.m. Saturday at Jayhawk Towers. According to a report from the KU Public Safety Office, Morris was suspected of using alcohol.

A 47-year-old woman from Mequon, Wis., was shot in the arm with a plastic BB in the courtyard of the building, police said in a report. She received minor injuries.

Morris was found in a nearby building, where he admitted to shooting the BB from the window of his residence at Jayhawk Towers, police said.

Officers seized a 3-foot-long black Airsoft rifle, valued at $100, and a medium-sized plastic bag of BBs, a police report states.

The Kansas University Student Housing Department is conducting its own investigation into the incident, said Jim Marchiony, KU associate athletics director.

“We’re not going to have any comment until that process is complete,” he said. “The fact-finding is ongoing.”

Kansas University spokeswoman Jill Jess said information about the university’s investigation would not be made public, in accordance with law.

Police charged Morris with battery, court records indicate, which is defined by city code as “intentionally or recklessly causing bodily harm to another person; or intentionally causing physical contact with another person when done in a rude, insulting or angry manner.”

He is scheduled to appear at 1 p.m. Sept. 10 in Lawrence Municipal Court. The case was not sent to the Douglas County district attorney for consideration of charges, a spokeswoman said.

Markieff Morris and his twin brother, Marcus Morris, known as “The Twins,” came to KU from Philadelphia in late June. The NCAA hasn’t determined if they are academically eligible to play basketball this season.

Demonpenz
08-20-2008, 03:32 PM
thug life /pinapple express

DJJasonp
08-20-2008, 03:33 PM
He should have claimed to hear a "pop" coming from the grassy knoll...

kstater
08-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Not to "hate", but what "fact-finding" could there be? Woman shot with bb pellet, bb gun and pellets found on suspect.

Midnight_Vulture
08-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I am sure he'll be fine. $elf probably hired one of his relatives to be an "assistant coach".

Cause thats just how the Gayhawks do things.

RockChalk
08-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Not to "hate", but what "fact-finding" could there be? Woman shot with bb pellet, bb gun and pellets found on suspect.

The good thing is that we now know he's a good shooter

:rolleyes: had to go for the cheap joke there

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 03:51 PM
I am sure he'll be fine. $elf probably hired one of his relatives to be an "assistant coach".

Wow that was pathetic at best... Pretty weak smack.... But expected from you...

RockChalk
08-20-2008, 03:52 PM

I realize you're just going for the cheap slam here, but how exactly would Self hiring one of his relatives get him out of a legal bind?

At least make it relevant if you're going to hate on us

Buehler445
08-20-2008, 03:53 PM
So she got injured from an airsoft BB? WTF? My buddies and I would get into battles with them. They sting, but injuries? In the arm? Are there different, more powerful kinds of airsoft?

Posted via Mobile Device

HC_Chief
08-20-2008, 03:55 PM
I realize you're just going for the cheap slam here, but how exactly would Self hiring one of his relatives get him out of a legal bind?

At least make it relevant if you're going to hate on us

Don't feed the trolls.

esp trolls with sweet bikes and bitches galore.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Don't feed the trolls.

esp trolls with sweet bikes and bitches galore.

Bawaaaa!!!!:clap:

RockChalk
08-20-2008, 03:56 PM
So she got injured from an airsoft BB? WTF? My buddies and I would get into battles with them. They sting, but injuries? In the arm? Are there different, more powerful kinds of airsoft?

Posted via Mobile Device

no joke...we used to have wars in our parents basements with the ones that look like mini-AK's

at worst, they left tiny little welts that went away after 10-15 minutes

Valiant
08-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow what a dumbshit.. From the plastic bb point, it sounds like an airsoft gun.. But still, the kid should be expelled from campus for something that dumb...

That and there is a slap to the face of all the colleges trying to lower the drinking age.. Dumbshits like morris..

Valiant
08-20-2008, 03:57 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think it is that so much, as he had a airsoft/bb gun and was firing at people in the courtyard from his room..

Spott
08-20-2008, 03:58 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know how powerful an Airsoft BB gun is, but we used to have BB gun battles with your Daisy's when I was a kid up until on of our group got his eye shot out. I never understood why they made BB guns in the first place because they are just an accident waiting to happen.

kstater
08-20-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't think it is that so much, as he had a airsoft/bb gun and was firing at people in the courtyard from his room..

Ehh, aiming a (air)gun out the window of a dorm on a college campus ain't no biggie.

StcChief
08-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Not to bright... 18 though. and how did this "gun" get on campus. RA's aren't on top of things.

HC_Chief
I don't know how powerful an Airsoft BB gun is, but we used to have BB gun battles with your Daisy's when I was a kid up until on of our group got his eye shot out. I never understood why they made BB guns in the first place because they are just an accident waiting to happen.

Depends on the gun. If it's "valued at $100", it's a "springer", meaning a single-shot, spring-loaded airsoft rifle. Those POS shoot a .20g round at about 300fps.

An AEG, or Automatice Electric Gun, can hit 400-500fps.

The exception is a springer sniper rifle, which easily exceed 500fps, but those cost a hell of a lot more than $100.

BWillie
Emil Brown didn't get suspended for hitting Rhonda Moss in the face with a pellet gun lol. Certainly the kid probably didn't do it intentionally, he was probably being stupid trying to hit birds or something.....at any rate...really freaking stupid to shoot a bb gun in the middle of campus out of your dorm room. Suspend him for the first semester and take away the Escalade our boosters probably gave him. That'll teach him

Lzen
08-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Stupid kid.

Redrum_69
08-20-2008, 04:05 PM
hes racist

Sure-Oz
08-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Him and Kalen Grimes need to go on a crime spree

kstater
08-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Certainly the kid probably didn't do it intentionally, he was probably being stupid trying to hit birds or something

Seriously?

Sure-Oz
08-20-2008, 04:11 PM
he was probably being stupid trying to hit birds or something.....

Maybe the jayhawks mascot would've been the same size as the lady?

BWillie
08-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Seriously?

By all means, if he admits or is found to intentionally try to shoot this lady, then kick him out. I highly doubt he intentionally did this, especially if he admitted that it was him that had shot the bb gun. Notice he had admitted to shooting it out of his window. He was probably trying to shoot it a long distances and shot the lady by accident. Shoot, someone accidently shot my cousin one time with a bb gun. Shit happens. Good news is, at least Marcus Morris is supposed to be better than Markieff. Whew.

Fairplay
08-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh well, live and learn.

RockChalk
08-20-2008, 04:16 PM
while i'm certainly not condoning his actions, it's really not that big of a deal. It's just not the way I would want to start my first year as a college student.

getting drunk is a natural activity of dorm life, but getting drunk and shooting at people is a bit adnormal your first week in. I mean, at least be smart enough to wait to do that crap after you've hit a game winning shot or something.

HC_Chief
08-20-2008, 04:18 PM
By all means, if he admits or is found to intentionally try to shoot this lady, then kick him out. I highly doubt he intentionally did this, especially if he admitted that it was him that had shot the bb gun. Notice he had admitted to shooting it out of his window. He was probably trying to shoot it a long distances and shot the lady by accident. Shoot, someone accidently shot my cousin one time with a bb gun. Shit happens. Good news is, at least Marcus Morris is supposed to be better than Markieff. Whew.

I seriously doubt it was accidental. It's not easy to hit a target at distance with an airsoft rifle.

It's possible, but improbable IMO.

Ari Chi3fs
08-20-2008, 04:19 PM
WTF? Let's not have another Giles scenario... seriously. Get our head on right, kid.

RockChalk
08-20-2008, 04:23 PM
WTF? Let's not have another Giles scenario... seriously. Get our head on right, kid.

:(

He's got his foot in the door much quicker than Giles did. Just think, in 2 weeks, he could be dragging a girl out of his bed by her hair and throwing her out of his Jayhawk Towers room.

The irony here, is he's not even part of the basketball team yet, so can Self even punish him at this point?

BWillie
08-20-2008, 04:56 PM
while i'm certainly not condoning his actions, it's really not that big of a deal. It's just not the way I would want to start my first year as a college student.

getting drunk is a natural activity of dorm life, but getting drunk and shooting at people is a bit adnormal your first week in. I mean, at least be smart enough to wait to do that crap after you've hit a game winning shot or something.

Where does it say he was drinking? Did I miss something?

Sure-Oz
08-20-2008, 05:00 PM

Markieff Morris, 18, was issued a notice to appear in court after the incident, which the KU Public Safety office said occurred about 11:15 p.m. Saturday at Jayhawk Towers. According to a report from the KU Public Safety Office, Morris was suspected of using alcohol.

milkman
08-20-2008, 05:01 PM

The second paragraph.

Morris was suspected of using alcohol.

BigVE
08-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Wouldn't bother me if they kicked him off the team. Under age drinking AND intentionally "shooting a person" and thinking he would get away with it.

kstater
08-20-2008, 05:19 PM
He's got to learn that it's not acceptable to shoot people with a bb gun on KU's campus. He needs to practice pulling down his pants and grabbing women in the elevator.

Spicy McHaggis
08-20-2008, 05:49 PM
RA's aren't on top of things.

Eh, RA's aren't your parents and they can't be everywhere. Mine basically just made sure no one died. He was actually a really cool guy though.

BWillie
08-20-2008, 05:49 PM

It's a Saturday night. If you are in college on a Saturday night, chances are you've had a beer. If you haven't, you are a loser sitting alone in your room, and well, shooting women with bb guns.

BWillie
08-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Eh, RA's aren't your parents and they can't be everywhere. Mine basically just made sure no one died. He was actually a really cool guy though.

My RA once wrote me up for not having a beer in my hand while our hall was having a party. I still have the ticket. He charged me eleventy billion dollars. I still have U of Iowa collections after me for it.

Bearcat
08-20-2008, 05:53 PM

That's what I did.... my floor was known as the 'party floor'. Only did it for a semester though because I hated writing people up. Babysitting college students (after complaints) sucks.

Silock
08-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Wow, that was STUPID.

I wouldn't blame KU for kicking him out, but they won't.

Ari Chi3fs
08-20-2008, 06:05 PM
At least he didn't shoot Karen Kornacki.

Spicy McHaggis
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
That's what I did.... my floor was known as the 'party floor'. Only did it for a semester though because I hated writing people up. Babysitting college students (after complaints) sucks.

I randomly remember this now, but one floor at Oliver Hall at KU had no water fountains. I didn't live on this floor, but often passed out there when I couldn't complete the drunken stumble up the hill to my dorm. Waking up hung-over as hell and having to drag your ass out of bed and up two flights of stairs to chug water was always oh so fun.

CoMoChief
08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
At least he didn't shoot Karen Kornacki.

She's a c-u-n-t.

DJay23
08-20-2008, 09:30 PM
I randomly remember this now, but one floor at Oliver Hall at KU had no water fountains. I didn't live on this floor, but often passed out there when I couldn't complete the drunken stumble up the hill to my dorm. Waking up hung-over as hell and having to drag your ass out of bed and up two flights of stairs to chug water was always oh so fun.

I lived on 5th Floor North Oliver when I was there. I know we had a water fountain kicked out one night, but that was over 10 years ago.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2008, 09:52 PM
stupid kid ..... but hardly suspension/jail/expulsion worthy

make him mow the lady's lawn for the rest of the summer, pick-up trash or something.