PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Look like Wiegmann may start for the Donks this year

Count Alex's Losses
08-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Nalen To Have Knee Scoped Again

Head Coach Mike Shanahan announced after Wednesday’s practice that veteran center Tom Nalen will have his knee scoped on Thursday. Nalen underwent a similar procedure in the offseason.

“What we are going to do is have Tom get his knee cleaned up a little bit — more preventative than anything else,” Shanahan said. “It hasn’t healed the way we would have liked.”

Nalen was held out of much of training camp due to soreness in left knee. Shanahan said he hopes after having this procedure that Nalen will be ready in time for the regular season.

“Hopefully it’s nothing serious and can alleviate some of the swelling and the pain and hopefully he is ready to go by the first game.”

-Jake Grilley, DenverBroncos.com

QuikSsurfer
08-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Can he chop block?

L.A. Chieffan
08-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Cutlers ****ed

OnTheWarpath58
08-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Dorsey and Tank are going to absolutely skull-f*** Weigmann in Week 4...

siberian khatru
08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
I hope Dorsey ****s up his shit.

Count Alex's Losses
08-20-2008, 06:49 PM
I hope Dorsey ****s up his shit.

From the Mane:

I have a dream, and that dream is for Casey Wiegmann to be matched up one-on-one with Glenn Dorsey on a pass play this year.

Ari Chi3fs
08-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Man, I haven't talked shit on a Donko forum for a long time. I think I need to get back over there in a couple weeks.

the Talking Can
08-20-2008, 07:10 PM
ha ha

siberian khatru
08-20-2008, 07:11 PM
From the Mane:

You have GOT to be kidding me.

If Dorsey is half as advertised, Wiegmann, like Niedermeyer, is DEAD.

Count Alex's Losses
08-20-2008, 07:12 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me.

If Dorsey is half as advertised, Wiegmann, like Niedermeyer, is a DEAD MAN.

That was me that posted that. That's my dream. To see Wiegmann get DESTROYED.

Phobia
08-20-2008, 07:17 PM
So if Nalen got scoped, it's a routine cleanup, and Shanahan expects him back by their opener where will Wiegmann start? Is there some sensationalism to your topic subject?

siberian khatru
08-20-2008, 07:21 PM
That was me that posted that. That's my dream. To see Wiegmann get DESTROYED.

Oh, that's right, I forgot you were Bob.

Well, then I agree. :D

BigRock
08-20-2008, 07:22 PM
So if Nalen got scoped, it's a routine cleanup, and Shanahan expects him back by their opener where will Wiegmann start? Is there some sensationalism to your topic subject?

Nalen is older than dirt and this is the second time he's had work done on his knee this offseason. It seems to be asking a lot to expect him back in two weeks.

Wiegmann. Poor bastard.

the Talking Can
08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
and nalen is old....he isn't bouncing back from anything....2 scopes in 1 offseason?

bad news.....

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I remember when wiegmann was bad ass... watching him sweep out and lead Priest or LJ on the corners with Roaf.. Damn those were kick ass times....

Then it was sad trying to watch him play in a dumb down offense that wasnt to his skill set...

Now he is a Donkey... Man go from playing at a Pro Bowl level, down to playing with Herm, then Donkey... Herm/Donkey? Whats the difference?

beach tribe
08-20-2008, 07:35 PM
From the Mane:

Holy shit you're Bob? I got banned from there because they thought I was Bob.

milkman
08-20-2008, 07:48 PM
I remember when wiegmann was bad ass... watching him sweep out and lead Priest or LJ on the corners with Roaf.. Damn those were kick ass times....

Then it was sad trying to watch him play in a dumb down offense that wasnt to his skill set...

Now he is a Donkey... Man go from playing at a Pro Bowl level, down to playing with Herm, then Donkey... Herm/Donkey? Whats the difference?

No difference.

They're both Dickless.

FAX
08-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Man. I know it's silly, but I hate to see our players go to teams like the goat herd and the black stupids. You spend all this time watching a player and cheering for that player and wishing the best for that player and then you see them shuffled off to the most detestable organizations on the planet. It just doesn't feel right.

Casey was the bomb during the Priest years. All he did for us was snap the ball and lead Priest into the endzone innumerable times. I'm really sorry to see this.

FAX

vailpass
08-20-2008, 08:01 PM
I remember a lot of similar talk from you guys when Neil Smith was lucky enough to join the good guys for a ring run.

FAX
08-20-2008, 08:05 PM
I remember a lot of similar talk from you guys when Neil Smith was lucky enough to join the good guys for a ring run.

Yeah. I felt the same way about him, Mr. vailpass. Most ex-Chiefs, in fact. I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing our long-term players in a different uniform.

Sport is a tribal activity. Free agency is slavery.

FAX

ClevelandBronco
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Yeah. I felt the same way about him, Mr. vailpass. Most ex-Chiefs, in fact. I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing our long-term players in a different uniform.

FAX

Yes, Mr. FAX, and the fans are the slaves.

vailpass
08-20-2008, 08:11 PM

FAX

"If free agent slavery is wrong I dont wanna' be right!!!"/NFL millionaire with an IQ of 67 who would have a hard time getting on at Circle-K if he wasn't an absolute beast on the field.

I know just what you mean. I don't want to play Atlanta, I just KNOW it will come down to a field goal with no time on the clock and Elam lined up for the game winner.

FAX
08-20-2008, 08:25 PM
"If free agent slavery is wrong I dont wanna' be right!!!"/NFL millionaire with an IQ of 67 who would have a hard time getting on at Circle-K if he wasn't an absolute beast on the field.

I know just what you mean. I don't want to play Atlanta, I just KNOW it will come down to a field goal with no time on the clock and Elam lined up for the game winner.

It isn't even that, Mr. vailpass. As I'm sure you realize, fans develop a "relationship" with players. They pour out their heart and soul into that player's success - not to mention their gas budget and food money. Over time, that relationship becomes stronger and stronger until, at last, you're buying fatheads and jerseys and little bobble dolls and having your hero's likeness emblazoned on your recently-shorn marblebag.

Then, that player goes to your most despised rival and there you sit with all these worthless fatheads and jerseys and spending your off-days trying to convince the local tattoo artist that there has to be some viable option other than converting your hero's face into some kind of sanskrit icon that means, loosely translated, "I towelled off with a large monkey anus".

FAX

Phobia
08-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Nalen is older than dirt and this is the second time he's had work done on his knee this offseason. It seems to be asking a lot to expect him back in two weeks.

Wiegmann. Poor bastard.
Athletes get cleanup scopes all the time and are back in a couple days. Two weeks is an eternity, especially if it's a minor cleanup. Nalen is used to playing in pain.

alanm
08-20-2008, 08:33 PM
and nalen is old....he isn't bouncing back from anything....2 scopes in 1 offseason?

bad news.....
He's 37. 2 scopes since spring isn't good. He's at best going to be listed week to week.
Hell, I don't know why he hasn't retired already.

alanm
08-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Athletes get cleanup scopes all the time and are back in a couple days. Two weeks is an eternity, especially if it's a minor cleanup. Nalen is used to playing in pain.
Not when you're 37 and have played 15 yrs in the NFL. He's not bouncing back from playing center that long in a couple of days.

FAX
08-20-2008, 08:42 PM

True. Sometimes, the first scope doesn't get everything, or some chips flake off, or the joint doesn't heal correctly afterwards so you have to have a second one.

The fact is though, that every scope gets more and more difficult to recover from. The human body simply wasn't made to have stuff stuck up your joint.

FAX

vailpass
08-20-2008, 11:27 PM
It isn't even that, Mr. vailpass. As I'm sure you realize, fans develop a "relationship" with players. They pour out their heart and soul into that player's success - not to mention their gas budget and food money. Over time, that relationship becomes stronger and stronger until, at last, you're buying fatheads and jerseys and little bobble dolls and having your hero's likeness emblazoned on your recently-shorn marblebag.
Then, that player goes to your most despised rival and there you sit with all these worthless fatheads and jerseys and spending your off-days trying to convince the local tattoo artist that there has to be some viable option other than converting your hero's face into some kind of sanskrit icon that means, loosely translated, "I towelled off with a large monkey anus".
FAX

:D That is some funny stuff right there. Yes, I see what you mean. For me it was when Michael Jordan played for the Wizards or when the Cubs let Sandberg go to Arizona. It just isn't right.

dj56dt58
08-20-2008, 11:31 PM
:D That is some funny stuff right there. Yes, I see what you mean. For me it was when Michael Jordan played for the Wizards or when the Cubs let Sandberg go to Arizona. It just isn't right.

you mean Grace?