PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Finally had a chance to watch the game last night.

HemiEd
08-20-2008, 11:08 PM
DVRed a non PRIME TIME NFL channel broadcast, but it is better than not getting to see it.

I was ready for the worst, but it wasn't IMO. I saw a lot of good things, some play and players to be excited about.

Yeah, Brodie overthrew some balls, but other than that, he was very much ahead of pace on his progress. Let him overthrow balls right now, he is getting it. He seems very mature and composed out there, calling audibles right up to the last second.

Flowers is going to be a player.

I think we gotta like what we are seeing already, out of some of these youngsters.

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 11:12 PM
I concur......
Flowers is going to light em up. I cant wait till he really starts bringin the pain. He is gonna be fun to watch for a long time.

I am driving the Brodie bandwagon so I also like what he has done so far this year.

Dorsey looked solid for the few plays he was in on also.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I am driving the Brodie bandwagon so I also like what he has done so far this year.

count me on as well!

HemiEd
08-20-2008, 11:21 PM
I am impressed with the Missouri product, #85 Will Franklin so far. I thought it was a ticket selling pick when they made it, but I was wrong.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 11:23 PM
I am planning on watching the game in the am....

HemiEd
08-20-2008, 11:28 PM
I am planning on watching the game in the am....

Not to ruin it for you,
it is not all Rosey, Herm is still the HC and I saw Dick Curl talking to Brodie. :)

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Not to ruin it for you,
it is not all Rosey, Herm is still the HC and I saw Dick Curl talking to Brodie. :)

jesus just tell me how it ends then why dont you...

ROFL

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 06:54 AM
jesus just tell me how it ends then why dont you...

ROFL

Sorry

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Sorry
I might as well delete it without watching, next you will probably tell me the score and if we won or loss...

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 07:50 AM
I might as well delete it without watching, next you will probably tell me the score and if we won or loss...

I wouldn't want to spoil it for you, SURPRISE! Of course, hanging around here, I am sure you have no idea.

StcChief
08-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Nothing like a little youth to re-vitalize a team. Flowers/Dorsey/Carr (hopefully Albert)
DJ, D.Williams, Hali,Pollard,Page should really step up too this year.

DLine will set the tone for the entire D.

Brodie is coming along very well despite the OL not complete. LJ, Cox nice combo. good to see Running backs, FB combos to show up.

Bowe/Franklin/Darling/Webb/Price should add alot of excitement.

Still think 6-10 is best we do.

Demonpenz
08-21-2008, 08:28 AM
BC didn't look good at qb

Coogs
08-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Yeah, Brodie overthrew some balls, but other than that, he was very much ahead of pace on his progress. Let him overthrow balls right now, he is getting it.

Watch the overthrow to Darling again. IMO, that is not all on Brodie. If you watch it closely, Darling does a down and out and up pattern. Right as he starts to turn up, Brodie sees he is comming open and throws the ball his direction.... BUT, Darling hesitates ever so slightly his first two strides. IMO, if Darling does not hesitate, that pass has a chance of being completed.

That is something that should get iorned out with more time together. Not a big deal IMO.

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Watch the overthrow to Darling again. IMO, that is not all on Brodie. If you watch it closely, Darling does a down and out and up pattern. Right as he starts to turn up, Brodie sees he is comming open and throws the ball his direction.... BUT, Darling hesitates ever so slightly his first two strides. IMO, if Darling does not hesitate, that pass has a chance of being completed.

That is something that should get iorned out with more time together. Not a big deal IMO.

Exactly, in fact, I am already on the "kick Darling to the curb" wagon. Let Franklin and Webb have the snaps.

Demonpenz
08-21-2008, 08:40 AM
darling didn't run a great route, but a decent qb completes that imoco

Coogs
08-21-2008, 08:47 AM

Watch it again. Brodie throws it right as Darling is about to turn up the field. Darling hesitates. How can Brodie be expected to account for that?

More work together, and that should get worked out. Both players are still relatively new to each other.

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Damnit, Brodie should be Joe Montana ALREADY!

Demonpenz
08-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Watch it again. Brodie throws it right as Darling is about to turn up the field. Darling hesitates. How can Brodie be expected to account for that?

More work together, and that should get worked out. Both players are still relatively new to each other.

Maybe BC can get it figured out in the filmroom. He better uncroyle himself real quick or this season will be croyled

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Maybe BC can get it figured out in the filmroom. He better uncroyle himself real quick or this season will be croyled

It wasn't Croyle, and he showed a lot of class. I instantly thought of Grbac, and what he would have done in that situation.

Demonpenz
08-21-2008, 09:28 AM
go onto a 4,000 yard season and a pro bowl?

Coogs
08-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Maybe BC can get it figured out in the filmroom.
I would guess the film would be more for Darling and Croyle to watch together, then take it to the field so they are both on the same page. And I would assume that falls upon the coaching staff as well to see why Darling hesitated. By the looks of the throw, I would assume they had ran this route several times together on the field in practice, and Darling didn't get to the spot Croyle anticipated.

Again... they are new to each other. Hopefully it won't happen again next time.

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 09:53 AM
go onto a 4,000 yard season and a pro bowl?

Give him time, give him time. When Albert returns, he should have more of it.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-21-2008, 09:56 AM
my goodness, its first ****ing pass in the preseason, give brodie break. But i guess hes a bust now because some people on here think he overthrew him in a ****ing meaniless preseason game.

beach tribe
08-21-2008, 10:12 AM

I have watched a lot of early Farve footage on NFLN lately, and he overthrew a lot of passes much shorter than that.

beach tribe
08-21-2008, 10:14 AM

Demonpenz says it'd Brodie fault so it must be true.

Penz want Huard to play, so I guess that pretty much sums up his credibility.

Reerun_KC
I have watched a lot of early Farve footage on NFLN lately, and he overthrew a lot of passes much shorter than that.
yeah but KC fans know all about developing a QB!

One over throw in practice and your labeled a bust for life....

Reerun_KC
Demonpenz says it'd Brodie fault so it must be true.

Penz want Huard to play, so I guess that pretty much sums up his credibility.

Well according to DemonPenz, Huard will win one or two more games and probably keep the games from getting blacked out in KC...

People are dying to see DownField BigFetal to play...ROFL

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Well according to DemonPenz, Huard will win one or two more games and probably keep the games from getting blacked out in KC...

People are dying to see DownField BigFetal to play...ROFL

I was hoping they would kick Huard to the curb, and pick up another young prospect. I wonder what Printers is doing? This offense looks like it would work better for him. Heck, thigpen was running a lot.

Oops, have you watched it yet?:(

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 10:21 AM
I was hoping they would kick Huard to the curb, and pick up another young prospect. I wonder what Printers is doing? This offense looks like it would work better for him. Heck, thigpen was running a lot.

Oops, have you watched it yet?:(
Nope, just got out of bed.....

Demonpenz
08-21-2008, 10:25 AM
I think my prior predictions have cemented my legacy on here as Truth. Don't kill the messanger. It's ok Croyle will probably be hurt or croyled by game 1. Either way this team is straight CROYLED

beach tribe
08-21-2008, 10:35 AM
I think my prior predictions have cemented my legacy on here as Truth. Don't kill the messanger. It's ok Croyle will probably be hurt or croyled by game 1. Either way this team is straight CROYLED

Your credibility is totally Munsoned.

Demonpenz
08-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Your credibility is totally Munsoned.

my 4 fantasy football trophy's say otherwise.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 10:45 AM
HemiEd,

After watching Croyle in the game, I am very excited about the growth of this offense. Gailey is heaven sent.

No matter what Croyle does, there will be some haters and guys that dont like the guy or see that he has talent, or will cry about him possibly getting hurt... Which if I am mistaken werent our 2 1st round picks already hurt? So there is some durbility issues there as well...

Croyle looks miles ahead all the QB's on the roster include that shitbag Huard. You can tell that Gailey has really been working with him.. He makes good descision and no picks so far...

The haters are expecting Manning, when in a Herm lead team, all you have to do is contribute and not make mistakes... They are not leaning on Croyle to win all the games by himself, just manage the game and take care of the ball, make most of your opportunities...

Still see nothing wrong with the kid yet.

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 10:45 AM

they give out talking trophies in your league?:eek:

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 10:46 AM
ROFL

Holy Shit! That is priceless! thanks for the laugh!

Fantasy vs reality... Priceless....

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 10:46 AM
HemiEd,

After watching Croyle in the game, I am very excited about the growth of this offense. Gailey is heaven sent.

No matter what Croyle does, there will be some haters and guys that dont like the guy or see that he has talent, or will cry about him possibly getting hurt... Which if I am mistaken werent our 2 1st round picks already hurt? So there is some durbility issues there as well...

Croyle looks miles ahead all the QB's on the roster include that shitbag Huard. You can tell that Gailey has really been working with him.. He makes good descision and no picks so far...

The haters are expecting Manning, when in a Herm lead team, all you have to do is contribute and not make mistakes... They are not leaning on Croyle to win all the games by himself, just manage the game and take care of the ball, make most of your opportunities...

Great post, I agree 100%.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Great post, I agree 100%.
And remember, I dont like Herm and I can still be biased...

Demonpenz
08-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Croyle will be alright if the line is there. What worries the most is he will get blasted because we are starting barry richardson. I hope Gailey knows how to have someone chip or give help to D linemen that are beating us.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Croyle will be alright if the line is there. What worries the most is he will get blasted because we are starting barry richardson. I hope Gailey knows how to have someone chip or give help to D linemen that are beating us.
Gailey has forgot more about offense than Herm will ever know...

IF Herm allows Gailey to run the Offense without his input, then Croyle will be okay and Gailey will protect him as best as he can. At least he is giving him the opition to audible out of plays, etc....

suds79
08-21-2008, 11:03 AM

This is a good point. And while I'm okay with this philosophy for Brodie this year, I hope that in future years they expect him to do more rather than just always be a manage the game type of QB. IMO, those type of QBs usually don't win SB. (key word usually)

Demonpenz
08-21-2008, 11:03 AM
I don't think enough was made of gailey coming from leaving Georgia tech. That is a pretty damn big school to just call the plays for the NFL. The chiefs Oline is going to need some help. Hopefully the boots etc can help

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 11:05 AM
This is a good point. And while I'm okay with this philosophy for Brodie this year, I hope that in future years they expect him to do more rather than just always be a manage the game type of QB. IMO, those type of QBs usually don't win SB. (key word usually)
True, but that would cause Herm to totally change his coaching approach and style..

Is Herm willing to do that, in order to become a Quality NFL coach???

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't think enough was made of gailey coming from leaving Georgia tech. That is a pretty damn big school to just call the plays for the NFL. The chiefs Oline is going to need some help. Hopefully the boots etc can help

Just seeing audibles, as part of the routine is refreshing. Brodie looks cool, not all FLUSTERED.

suds79
08-21-2008, 11:09 AM
True, but that would cause Herm to totally change his coaching approach and style..

Is Herm willing to do that, in order to become a Quality NFL coach???

Guess time will tell. I think a lot of coaches get slammed for playing a certain style when they don't have the players.

I mean would of anybody guessed that Tony Dungy could run the type of offense he does when he was in Tampa? No. But he got Peyton Manning.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Guess time will tell. I think a lot of coaches get slammed for playing a certain style when they don't have the players.

I mean would of anybody guessed that Tony Dungy could run the type of offense he does when he was in Tampa? No. But he got Peyton Manning.
Thats that thing, Herm never wanted to change to accomindate the players... Square pegs round holes....

IF and thats a big IF, he can change, he could become a very good NFL coach. he has the tools around him, he just has to let them do their thing and stop the dictatorship...

Deberg_1990
08-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Thats that thing, Herm never wanted to change to accomindate the players... Square pegs round holes....

IF and thats a big IF, he can change, he could become a very good NFL coach. he has the tools around him, he just has to let them do their thing and stop the dictatorship...

My main problem with Herm is he appears to be a puppet of Peterson.

He retained Solari and Gun from the previous regimes instead of forging ahead with his own team identity.

Frosty
08-21-2008, 11:46 AM

But...but...but, Mecca sez Brodie is so fragile that his hand will break if the center farts.

;)

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 11:48 AM
But...but...but, Mecca sez Brodie is so fragile that his hand will break if the center farts.

;)

:)

well if he gets hurt then Mecca can say I told you so, until then.... suck it...

Chiefnj2
08-21-2008, 12:24 PM
HemiEd,

1. I'm not saying Huard should start, or even be on the team, but I don't see how you can conclude that Croyle is miles ahead of Huard. Huard was given one possession in preseason and hit something like 3 of 4 passes for a TD. Huard may have a weak arm, he may go fetal when facing pressure, but he's still the only QB on the roster that has won a regular season NFL game.

2. You are 100% correct that unless Herm has changed, Croyle won't be asked to carry the team. That's easy for fans to accept when your QB is a west coast style QB. When you have a guy with a cannon you want to see him toss the ball around a bit like Favre. I think Herm will be content with a game manager that makes the safe calls and plays the odds.

Demonpenz
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
we just have to stick with croyle the whole season and I wouldn't be wholly against a taste of next year as long as we had another young one waiting in the wings.

Coogs
08-21-2008, 12:38 PM
1. Huard was given one possession in preseason and hit something like 3 of 4 passes for a TD.

nj,

Not to be picky here, but Huard had 3 possessions... the first two which were 3 and outs.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 12:39 PM
1. I'm not saying Huard should start, or even be on the team, but I don't see how you can conclude that Croyle is miles ahead of Huard. Huard was given one possession in preseason and hit something like 3 of 4 passes for a TD. Huard may have a weak arm, he may go fetal when facing pressure, but he's still the only QB on the roster that has won a regular season NFL game.

2. You are 100% correct that unless Herm has changed, Croyle won't be asked to carry the team. That's easy for fans to accept when your QB is a west coast style QB. When you have a guy with a cannon you want to see him toss the ball around a bit like Favre. I think Herm will be content with a game manager that makes the safe calls and plays the odds.

Huard had LJ and somewhat decent OL...

Croyle had no LJ and patchwork OL...

Regardless, Croyle is miles ahead of Huard, he is starting in his 3rd year, where as Huard would of never gotten that opportunity until Carl rode in and saved the day for Huard....

Miles, like the distance from your house to the moon. That many miles...

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
nj,

Not to be picky here, but Huard had 3 possessions... the first two which were 3 and outs.
And one when Huard demonstrated the BigFetal move...

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 12:41 PM
nj,

I thought so, it seemed like he was in there for hours.

OnTheWarpath58
08-21-2008, 12:43 PM
nj,

And took a FIFTEEN yard sack.

Why just collapse into the fetal position, when you can run BACKWARDS and do it?

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 01:00 PM
And took a FIFTEEN yard sack.

Why just collapse into the fetal position, when you can run BACKWARDS and do it?

:clap:

Demonpenz
08-21-2008, 01:08 PM
huard should never be a starter in this league but in that one in 9-7 season he did provide some sweet memories. I would buy him a beer just stay off the first team. Thanks Management

Chiefnj2
08-21-2008, 01:26 PM
nj,

You are correct. The first however was three straight handoffs.

And even though Huard sucks so much he still has a much higher completion % and yards per attempt than Croyle.

Coogs
08-21-2008, 01:38 PM
You are correct. The first however was three straight handoffs.

And even though Huard sucks so much he still has a much higher completion % and yards per attempt than Croyle.

Point taken. But Croyle has some incompletions on throw aways as opposed to taking a sack. And some of Croyles 3 and outs have been hampered by penalties.

While it may not be clear cut that Croyle is outplaying Huard, Croyle has really done nothing to warrent the blasting he has taken here so far. He has done what has been asked. And the only missfire he has had that really stands out is the overthrow of Darling, and I talked about that one earlier in the thread.

Chiefnj2
08-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Point taken. But Croyle has some incompletions on throw aways as opposed to taking a sack. And some of Croyles 3 and outs have been hampered by penalties.

While it may not be clear cut that Croyle is outplaying Huard, Croyle has really done nothing to warrent the blasting he has taken here so far. He has done what has been asked. And the only missfire he has had that really stands out is the overthrow of Darling, and I talked about that one earlier in the thread.

I agree, he hasn't warranted the blasting because the game plan is to keep things simple for him. That's Herm's M.O.

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 08:26 PM
I agree, he hasn't warranted the blasting because the game plan is to keep things simple for him. That's Herm's M.O.Yes, but it looks like Croyle has he authority to run the offense once he reads the defense. That is progress.