PDA

View Full Version : Sleepers / The Undrafted

Molitoth
08-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Make a list of Sleeper / free agent pickups that you think will be good this season.

aka.. Ray Rice.

CosmicPal
08-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Matt Forte - RB - Chicago Bears
Now that Cedric Benson was released due to his off-field indiscretions Forte is the odds-on favorite to win the Bears starting RB job. At 6-1 and 220 pounds he should be able to carry the load. Forte is a big back that proved to be a tough runner in college. Furthermore, the Bears coaches really seem to like Forteís soft hands and are touting him as a possible 300 carry RB. The caveat here is that while the Bears deny that they are interested in signing a veteran RB to compete with Forte, Peterson, and Wolfe (a scat back), you canít rule this possibility out. Right now Forte is being drafted as a #3 fantasy RB, but we could see him pushing upward as a potential late #2 fantasy RB.

BigVE
08-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Rice, Forte...they are on almost EVERY list of "sleepers" on fantasy football sites across the net. Can they really be called sleepers if thats the case? Just wonderin'.

I got one to add to the list: Ricky Williams. Ronnie Brown still hurt, former pro-bowler and weed-free thus far. Could be had very late in some drafts IF he is drafted at all.

Dicky McElephant
08-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Jason Campbell.......I really think that with the WCO and the fact that he has some good offensive weapons....he could turn into a top 10 QB. Not top 5....but top 10.

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Jason Campbell.......I really think that with the WCO and the fact that he has some good offensive weapons....he could turn into a top 10 QB. Not top 5....but top 10.

I am going to spinoff of your sleeper and pick my own. I think Colt Brennan could slide into the starting roll if Campbell can't man the ship this season, if he starts to falter, watch for Brennan getting a shot if Campbell can't be consistent.

Bill Lundberg
08-22-2008, 10:25 AM
chris perry

El Jefe
08-22-2008, 10:37 AM
chris perry

Yeah I guess, with me since I get to watch the Bungals every weekend :deevee: I know a lot about him. He also played for that nasty team up North from us, so I despise him for that. Injuries have really hampered him, but he has the skills to be a real talent if he stays healthy. Good choice though, many people don't know much about him if they don't follow the Bengals.

My other sleeper is also off the Bengals, Ben Utecht (sp?). Stuck behind Dallas Clark in Indy, now is the main threat from TE for the Bengals who have a pass happy offense. Look for him to put up big numbers.

Dicky McElephant
08-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Yeah I guess, with me since I get to watch the Bungals every weekend :deevee: I know a lot about him. He also played for that nasty team up North from us, so I despise him for that. Injuries have really hampered him, but he has the skills to be a real talent if he stays healthy. Good choice though, many people don't know much about him if they don't follow the Bengals.

My other sleeper is also off the Bengals, Ben Utecht (sp?). Stuck behind Dallas Clark in Indy, now is the main threat from TE for the Bengals who have a pass happy offense. Look for him to put up big numbers.

Ben Utecht was going to be my sleeper. I think he'll do really well up there in Cincy.

Reaper16
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Ben Utecht was going to be my sleeper. I think he'll do really well up there in Cincy.
Me too, I drafted him late in one league and plan on doing it again next week.

Robert Meachem could make some noise. Hurt as a 1st rounder last year, I hear good things about him from Saints fans.

FD
08-24-2008, 11:02 AM
True sleeper - WR Avant in Philadelphia. Watch out for him.