PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fantasy Draft - Larry Johnson

steve_minor
08-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Heres the deal...I have the #6 pick in my draft. The guy drafting #5 is in love w/ T.Brady. I predict (LT, AP, S.Jackson, Westbrook, Adaai) will all be gone. This leads me to believe the safest pick is M.Barber DAL. I think Gore is going to have a down year.

My conflict is, I want to take LJ. I believe he will produce a Top 5 back year. I don't know if it is the homer in me or not. Looking for advice...Thanks!!!

sedated
08-22-2008, 12:24 PM
don't do it homer. you can get him in the 2nd.

Nzoner
my advice is to Go Here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188971)

King_Chief_Fan
Go with Barber. Proven runner behind a proven line.

LJ proven runner when has a proven line......he doesn't run behind one right now.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Barber .... heck, i'm be tempted to even go Gore or Lewis before LJ

Rausch
08-22-2008, 12:27 PM
LJ is the 3rd best HB out there.

Stephen Jackson is the perfect HB (both in gifts and in build) but underachieves every year.

Rausch
08-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Gore is a stud but but Martz is a HB killer.

And there is no legit passing threat in SF.

NONE.

They suck with 3 horrid QB's.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2008, 12:29 PM
LJ is the 3rd best HB out there.

Stephen Jackson is the perfect HB (both in gifts and in build) but underachieves every year.

doesn't matter who the best is ........ it only matters who is gonna be the most productive.

Rausch
08-22-2008, 12:33 PM
doesn't matter who the best is ........ it only matters who is gonna be the most productive.

Sig/Avatar bet.

LJ VS. Jackson.

YOU/ME.

Let's do it...:evil:

Reaper16
08-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Sig/Avatar bet.

LJ VS. Jackson.

YOU/ME.

Jackson will have the better fantasy season, barring injury. Not only will KC rest LJ more (because of KC's superior RB depth) but they will often sit LJ in 3rd and mid/3rd and long situations in favor of Charles's pass-catching ability. Jackson is the go-to guy at HB in all situations for STL; he carries and catches each many times a game.

Demonpenz
08-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I maybe a homer, but I like the way we are flowing instead of manning up all the time on that O-line.

Rausch
08-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Jackson will have the better fantasy season, barring injury. Not only will KC rest LJ more (because of KC's superior RB depth) but they will often sit LJ in 3rd and mid/3rd and long situations in favor of Charles's pass-catching ability. Jackson is the go-to guy at HB in all situations for STL; he carries and catches each many times a game.

Bulger has done bruised his brain.

You can list the QB's with major concussions that've produced any number of stats yet floundered after the first brain bruise.

Aikaman, Young, Green, Chandler, etc.

Once you've had the first you're a slinky - slowly down the stairs.

St.L is trying to "patch" holes the way KC did for years. It's a true recipe for failure...

Mr. Laz
08-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Sig/Avatar bet.

LJ VS. Jackson.

YOU/ME.

i'd rather have barber

point system?
how long?

Rausch
08-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Jackson will have the better fantasy season, barring injury.

There is no "barring injury" or "if the QB stinks it up again."

Jackson has been oft injured and underperformed considering his talent. He's the new Fred Taylor.

LJ's FIRST injury was a fluke last year. Not a knee, shoulder, or wear and tear injury. And keep in mind that for his years LJ has been sheltered. He sat behind Priest for how many years?

He has a young NFL body. Once St.L went in the tank they went to Jackson and he "gimped up."

He's a very intelligent man and I think he's got some Franco (RUN FOR THE SIDELINES!) Harris in him...

Demonpenz
08-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Fred taylor a borderline hall of famer

Rausch
08-22-2008, 01:07 PM
i'd rather have barber

point system?
how long?

1 season.

1 pt 10 yards, 6 pt TD.

Same for rec.

We're arguing fantasy value, this season...

Rausch
08-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Fred taylor a borderline hall of famer

Fred Taylor will join Rickey Watters in the "Why not?" forum.

Nzoner
08-22-2008, 01:11 PM
There is no "barring injury" or "if the QB stinks it up again."

Jackson has been oft injured and underperformed considering his talent. He's the new Fred Taylor.

I'm not a big Jackson fan myself but I will give him a partial pass in that having no Orlando Pace blocking was a big blow as well.

Demonpenz
08-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Fred Taylor will join Rickey Watters in the "Why not?" forum.

I dunno man. Fred taylor has racked up some huge numbers. He is going to be in the top 15 in major RB stats. When you say "he's the next fred taylor" uhh ok do you mean injured sometimes or a guy that is headed to canton.

Rausch
08-22-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm not a big Jackson fan myself but I will give him a partial pass in that having no Orlando Pace blocking was a big blow as well.

Sweet.

Do I get the "no Shields/Roaf pass" as well?...

The Bad Guy
08-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Why does Marion Barber get all this love?

He ran for under 1k last year behind Julius Jones, who I think is one of the least talented RBs in the NFL.

They bring in a guy like Felix Jones, someone they love, and who has 100x more ability than Julius. He is going to carve into Barber's production big time.

Barber is a nice 2/3rd back in fantasy, but no way am I taking him in the first round and relying on him to be my fantasy horse.

Rausch
08-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I dunno man. Fred taylor has racked up some huge numbers. He is going to be in the top 15 in major RB stats. When you say "he's the next fred taylor" uhh ok do you mean injured sometimes or a guy that is headed to canton.

Taylor will neh-ber see canton.

He's an @$$hole as a person and has no real accomplishments to brag on.

SB?

Ha.

Playoff wins in dramatic fashion?

Nope, I'd give that nod to a fading Natrone Means.

Taylor is very much like Barry Sanders: not much and then the huge run.

Only when Barry Saunders made that run it was worthy of a highlight reel every time.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2008, 01:32 PM
1 season.

1 pt 10 yards, 6 pt TD.

Same for rec.

We're arguing fantasy value, this season...

ok

barber vs LJ

how long to keep avatar for winner?

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-22-2008, 01:38 PM

He ran for under 1k last year behind Julius Jones, who I think is one of the least talented RBs in the NFL.

They bring in a guy like Felix Jones, someone they love, and who has 100x more ability than Julius. He is going to carve into Barber's production big time.

Barber is a nice 2/3rd back in fantasy, but no way am I taking him in the first round and relying on him to be my fantasy horse.

I agree, Felix is going to cut into Barber's production. They used a 1st on the guy to be a 1-2 punch with Marion. He will see the field alot. No one knows what Marion could do with a full load anyway and it's unlikely he gets one. Marion will get the TD's though and it's a great offense he's in, so he will put up some good numbers.

Sure-Oz
08-22-2008, 02:20 PM

I had a chance to pick Barber with the 7th pick in my draft but i chose Tom Brady over him, cause i felt Brady's overall #'s are worth more than a #5-6 RB drafted overall

Dicky McElephant
08-22-2008, 02:32 PM
I had a chance to pick Barber with the 7th pick in my draft but i chose Tom Brady over him, cause i felt Brady's overall #'s are worth more than a #5-6 RB drafted overall

Is the scoring for passing touchdowns equal to the scoring for rushing touchdowns?

chiefbowe82
08-22-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hshs9r66yv4

Chief Chief
08-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Heres the deal...I have the #6 pick in my draft. The guy drafting #5 is in love w/ T.Brady. I predict (LT, AP, S.Jackson, Westbrook, Adaai) will all be gone. This leads me to believe the safest pick is M.Barber DAL. I think Gore is going to have a down year.

My conflict is, I want to take LJ. I believe he will produce a Top 5 back year. I don't know if it is the homer in me or not. Looking for advice...Thanks!!!

Let's get this straight: You have the #6 pick. You think the guy with pick #5is going to take Brady. Yet you predict 5 players (not counting Brady) -- LT, AP, S. Jackson, Westbrook, Adaai -- will be gone before you pick. How are 6 players eliminated with only 5 picks off the board before your turn?

To me, it appears you'll most likely have Westbrook or Adaai or Brady from which to choose.

Go back to your drawing board and come up with a revised scenario.

SNR
08-22-2008, 03:12 PM
"In love with Tom Brady"? Hell, I'm tempted to take Brady at #2.

JuicesFlowing
08-22-2008, 03:49 PM
I'd still take LJ. He is clearly running better this year than last. I think the new running scheme fits him better than Solari's brilliant plan of having him run head-first into a wall of 8 defenders.

jjchieffan
08-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Gore is a stud but but Martz is a HB killer.

He is? Isn't he running the same system that made fantasy studs out of Priest Holmes and Marshall Faulk?

Dicky McElephant
08-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Let's get this straight: You have the #6 pick. You think the guy with pick #5is going to take Brady. Yet you predict 5 players (not counting Brady) -- LT, AP, S. Jackson, Westbrook, Adaai -- will be gone before you pick. How are 6 players eliminated with only 5 picks off the board before your turn?

To me, it appears you'll most likely have Westbrook or Adaai or Brady from which to choose.

Go back to your drawing board and come up with a revised scenario.

How about this scenario then? I'm in a keeper league and my keeper is Marshawn Lynch. The following people are already taken: LT, Adrian Peterson, Marion Barber, Willis McGahee, Joseph Addai, Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Tony Romo. I have the 5th pick and I'm assuming that Westbrook, S. Jackson are going to be gone. If it came down to Gore, Portis, LJ, Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson. Who would you take?

Mecca
08-22-2008, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't touch LJ, I consider him around the 10th back and that stock is falling not rising.

People love Barber because he's the #1 back on a high scoring team and will see all goal line carries. Felix Jones will play sure and I expect him to have yards but Barber will have whats important the TD's.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2008, 07:17 PM
How about this scenario then? I'm in a keeper league and my keeper is Marshawn Lynch. The following people are already taken: LT, Adrian Peterson, Marion Barber, Willis McGahee, Joseph Addai, Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Tony Romo. I have the 5th pick and I'm assuming that Westbrook, S. Jackson are going to be gone. If it came down to Gore, Portis, LJ, Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson. Who would you take?
portis prolly

depends on the scoring system too though