PDA

View Full Version : Elections NBC News: Bayh and Kaine informed they're not the VP pick

HolmeZz
08-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Yup.

DaKCMan AP
08-22-2008, 07:30 PM
:)

DeezNutz
08-22-2008, 07:34 PM
ROFL (obligatory response to such threads)

Direckshun
08-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Well I'll tell you this much: picking Kaine or Bayh would have been the most politically expedient selection.

Whomever Obama has chosen, it is not in panic to respond to McCain's latest surge as far as I can tell.

Very interesting if he's chosen Biden. I would have opted for Kaine.

Baby Lee
08-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Well I'll tell you this much: picking Kaine or Bayh would have been the most politically expedient selection.

Whomever Obama has chosen, it is not in panic to respond to McCain's latest surge as far as I can tell.

Very interesting if he's chosen Biden. I would have opted for Kaine.

I probably like Biden best of the potentials, but I just don't see it, with the propensity for gaffes [I think he's a smart guy who occasionally says stupid things, not a stupid guy who reveals his stupidity through speech], and the fact that one of the bigger recent gaffes was directed Obama's way.

Deberg_1990
08-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Its Hillary! Surprise, we fooled all of you!! :)

NCarlsCorner2
08-22-2008, 07:52 PM
I probably like Biden best of the potentials, but I just don't see it, with the propensity for gaffes [I think he's a smart guy who occasionally says stupid things, not a stupid guy who reveals his stupidity through speech], and the fact that one of the bigger recent gaffes was directed Obama's way.

Biden said some things about Obama during the primaries that will make some good ads.

Direckshun
08-22-2008, 08:26 PM
I think he's free of that charge once Obama puts him on the ticket. It's a whole different thing when the guy you slurred puts it behind you and places you on his own darn ticket.

I don't see it either, honestly. I liked Kaine, not only because he's politically expedient (and was long before this surge), but because he's younger and completely embodies Obama's themes.

I hate the young prez/old veep dynamic. Hated it with Bush/Cheney, and I'm going to hate it with Obama/Biden. Biden would be well into his 70s when he runs for election following Obama's administration.

Kaine doesn't give Obama the attack-dog mentality that Biden does, however. And of course Biden hasn't even endorsed Obama yet, seeing how he was in the Clinton wing for a lot of this primary season, which could help woo over Hillary supporters.

But I wouldn't be crazy about the Biden selection. I'll likely come around, as I've loved Biden for quite some time. But VP is the ultimate political move, and I feel that Biden doesn't capitalize on it as well as Kaine might have.

Donger
08-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Biden or Hillary? I'm salivating.

Direckshun
08-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Biden or Hillary? I'm salivating.
Hillary would be the expediency pick, I'd say.

Biden, I'm not sure. He doesn't bring in a lot of people who weren't supporting Obama to begin with. He's from Delaware. Biden has a long list of credentials on foreign policy. I assume that'd be his appeal to Obama.

Other that, it would be an underwhelming selection.

beer bacon
08-22-2008, 11:21 PM
I never liked Kaine. Kaine is Todd Reesing to Mark Warner's Chase Daniel.