PDA

View Full Version : Music Need some help transferring music.

Direckshun
08-22-2008, 08:10 PM
I have a shitload of music on my computer and a family member wants some of it on their computer. It's mostly bootlegs and the like.

She's given me one of those portable USBs or whatever you call them, it's 4 GB and it's manufactured by the GeekSquad.

I've already plugged the sucker into my computer, but I'm having a damned time trying to locate it. Is it its own drive? A part of the C: drive? Something else altogether?

I've got all the music ready to be transferred, but I can't locate the doohicky where I'm supposed to place all of it. Where do I look?

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2008, 08:14 PM
If you've plugged it into a USB port...you should be able to find the device through 'My Computer' under the start menu...then click it and copy and paste the music into the thumb drive.

Direckshun
08-22-2008, 08:40 PM
If you've plugged it into a USB port...you should be able to find the device through 'My Computer' under the start menu...then click it and copy and paste the music into the thumb drive.
Thanks Hootie. Rep.

Had it plugged into the wrong part of my computer. 'Preciate it.

BigMeatballDave
08-23-2008, 11:55 AM
An easier method would be, provided you have a DVD burner, to burn it on to a DVD-R.