PDA

View Full Version : Misc Smokers

Dunit35
08-23-2008, 01:44 PM
I quit smoking 16 months ago and ever since I quit I hate being around the smell. Don't go 2 the bar because of it. I work at a fast food restaurant and absolutely hate when someone goes through the drive thru smoking a cig. I barely crack the window open to assist them.

What's so damn hard about waiting until you drive away to light one up? Just because you smoke doesn't mean I want to smell it. I respect you enough not to screw with your food, respect me enough not to smoke at the drive thru.

Who's guilty of doing this? I know its a free country and you can smoke in your car whenever you want. But, can't you wait until you're not around a business?

Rant over.

kstater
08-23-2008, 01:45 PM
No I can't wait. Go back to flipping burgers now.

Dunit35
08-23-2008, 01:48 PM
No I can't wait. Go back to flipping burgers now.

I don't flip burgers I hang out with colonel sanders.

KCUnited
08-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I quit smoking 2 years ago after 13 years of smoking. I personally like the smell of cigs around me, I enjoy watching people smoke, I just don't want to do it myself.

Dunit35
08-23-2008, 01:53 PM
I quit smoking 2 years ago after 13 years of smoking. I personally like the smell of cigs around me, I enjoy watching people smoke, I just don't want to do it myself.

I love the smell of a good cigar. Don't know why I hate cig smell so much now.

alanm
08-23-2008, 02:01 PM
I love the smell of a good cigar. Don't know why I hate cig smell so much now.
You're probably smelling a cheap ass, floor scrapings, shitty cigarette.
You can thank the gubment and various states for taxing the shit out of them so people can't afford to smoke better brands.
Just saying.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:04 PM
You're probably smelling a cheap ass, floor scrapings, shitty cigarette.
You can thank the gubment and various states for taxing the shit out of them so people can't afford to smoke better brands.
Just saying.

That's why RJR and Winston went out of business. I mean they paid millions and had to change tobacco plants that they used.

:rolleyes:

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I quit smoking 16 months ago and ever since I quit I hate being around the smell. Don't go 2 the bar because of it. I work at a fast food restaurant and absolutely hate when someone goes through the drive thru smoking a cig. I barely crack the window open to assist them.

What's so damn hard about waiting until you drive away to light one up? Just because you smoke doesn't mean I want to smell it. I respect you enough not to screw with your food, respect me enough not to smoke at the drive thru.

Who's guilty of doing this? I know its a free country and you can smoke in your car whenever you want. But, can't you wait until you're not around a business?

Rant over.

We have to smoke where we can. The smoking bands make us smoke at home or in our car.

I do not smoke in my car period, at least not cigarettes.

Respect me enough to allow me to do what is legal.

Gonzo
08-23-2008, 02:08 PM

Rant over.

I hate the smell of KFC so as soon as you stop reaking of chicken grease and cholesterol, I'll stop lighting up around you...

:) J/K I love the smell of KFC.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:09 PM
I am allergic to cologne, why do you wear it?

Rant over.

Skip Towne
08-23-2008, 02:11 PM
No I can't wait. Go back to battering chicken now. FYP

Boon
08-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh Frazod! Where are you?

Frazod
Just remember, you probably did this yourself and never gave it a second thought before you stopped smoking.

Don't be a hypocrite just because you quit.

KCUnited
Smoking bands will always kick axe though.

Frazod
08-23-2008, 02:25 PM

Heh. I'm right here.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:30 PM

Mention Soze and they appear.

Dunit35
08-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Just remember, you probably did this yourself and never gave it a second thought before you stopped smoking.

Don't be a hypocrite just because you quit.

I never smoked around people I didn't know. For all I knew they could've been allergic to smoke. I guess the only time I did was when I use to drink often. Even when I did smoke I thought it was unattractive so I rarely did it in public.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:42 PM
I never smoked around people I didn't know. For all I knew they could've been allergic to smoke. I guess the only time I did was when I use to drink often. Even when I did smoke I thought it was unattractive so I rarely did it in public.

Red?

http://scosoft.com/h/l/785041bc.gif

Ari Chi3fs
08-23-2008, 02:50 PM
I used to smoke cigs as well, and I think that once we quit... we begin to associate massive amounts of pain and dislike to the cigarettes.

I also HATE the ****ing smell... Im not hypocritical about it though... I just ****ing HATE the smell, I have programmed my mind to ****ING hate the smell. And it does ****ing reak.

Frazod
08-23-2008, 02:54 PM

The guy may have been a complete prick.

OR...

The car might be his last refuge.

I hate the smell as much as any non-smoker (really, I do), but it's just a bad smell that must be dealt with like a hundred other bad smells. I'd still rather smell cigarette smoke than bad BO or heavy garlic.

alanm
08-23-2008, 02:56 PM
That's why RJR and Winston went out of business. I mean they paid millions and had to change tobacco plants that they used.

:rolleyes:
Roll your eyes all you want. A carton of Winston or Marlboro's went from $12-15 to $33 and beyond sight in some states after they paid out all those millions. I'd hate to guess what a carton of Marlboro's cost in NY state.
I'd say most people smoke the generic shit rather than pay out the ass for a quality cigarette.

Stewie
08-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I recommend the Weber bullet for small scale smoking. You'll get great results.

MTG#10
08-23-2008, 03:00 PM
I hate the smell too. I took the kids to St. Louis last weekend for a trip to the zoo, arch, and Six Flags. The only hotel we could find with vacancies only had smoking rooms left. The room smelled so bad I couldnt sleep. I finally went down to Wal-Mart and bought some car air fresheners and hung them all over the room. It helped...a little.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Roll your eyes all you want. A carton of Winston or Marlboro's went from $12-15 to $33 and beyond sight in some states after they paid out all those millions. I'd hate to guess what a carton of Marlboro's cost in NY state.
I'd say most people smoke the generic shit rather than pay out the ass for a quality cigarette.

"Most" smokers could care less.

Quality killer is different from a generic killer?

I am a smoker and no there is only problems with no benefits. I make the choice and do not blame anyone but myself.

You can always quit, I mean there is global warming.

LOL

Guess you will say it is legal and because the government says so, you should have the right to better products.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 03:09 PM
I hate the smell too. I took the kids to St. Louis last weekend for a trip to the zoo, arch, and Six Flags. The only hotel we could find with vacancies only had smoking rooms left. The room smelled so bad I couldnt sleep. I finally went down to Wal-Mart and bought some car air fresheners and hung them all over the room. It helped...a little.

Drama queen much?

You also got pissed bout another posting in jest.

How about the emissions of cows or conglomerate companies?

MTG#10
08-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Drama queen much?

You also got pissed bout another posting in jest.

How about the emissions of cows or conglomerate companies?

Wow, I didnt catch on to sarcasm in another thread so that means Im a drama queen because the hotel room I stayed in smelled like an old dirty ashtray and I couldnt sleep? ROFL I see the intelligence level around here hasnt gone up much since Ive been gone. And for the record, St. Louis as a whole stunk pretty bad. Cow emissions dont bother me since I grew up on a farm.

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-23-2008, 03:16 PM

Hell I'm a smoker and I can't stand smoking rooms in hotels, they're almost always nasty. I don't know if it's because no one ever opens up the windows and the air gets stale or maybe the hotels simply don't attempt to keep them clean but whatever there's no excuse for them to be that bad. I usually get a non smoking room and just go smoke outside.

MTG#10
08-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Hell I'm a smoker and I can't stand smoking rooms in hotels, they're almost always nasty. I don't know if it's because no one ever opens up the windows and the air gets stale or maybe the hotels simply don't attempt to keep them clean but whatever there's no excuse for them to be that bad. I usually get a non smoking room and just go smoke outside.

Thats probably part of it. The window was open when we first entered the room but it didnt help. I do avoid bars as well though, or anywhere smokers congregate. Im surprised the smell bothers me so much, I grew up with parents that smoked so I should be used to it.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Wow, I didnt catch on to sarcasm in another thread so that means Im a drama queen because the hotel room I stayed in smelled like an old dirty ashtray and I couldnt sleep? ROFL I see the intelligence level around here hasn't gone up much since Ive been gone. And for the record, St. Louis as a whole stunk pretty bad. Cow emissions dont bother me since I grew up on a farm.

It effects the environment.

You do not seems to mind the pollution that you are forced to take but point out something that you agreed could happen.

Did you ever think that the everyday pollutions are not keeping me awake because you have no choice but that damn smoke I agreed to in the room was not?

I guess you made a thread about pollution that is required before (everyday) since you did about something that was not required but inconvenienced.

I bet most people that are not from cattle land can not sleep in a pasture, but do not state it in a thread because they stayed in a cow yard.

They knew they might stay in a cattle yard and you knew you were staying in a smoker room. IMO

MTG#10
08-23-2008, 03:43 PM
It effects the environment.

You do not seems to mind the pollution that you are forced to take but point out something that you agreed could happen.

Did you ever think that the everyday pollutions are not keeping me awake because you have no choice but that damn smoke I agreed to in the room was not?

I guess you made a thread about pollution that is required before (everyday) since you did about something that was not required but inconvenienced.

I bet most people that are not from cattle land can not sleep in a pasture, but do not state it in a thread because they stayed in a cow yard.

They knew they might stay in a cattle yard and you knew you were staying in a smoker room. IMO

The thread is about who hates the smell of smoke. Nowhere in the OP's thread did it mention pollution or the environment. I gave a recent example of the smell that I experienced. Im not calling for a ban on smoking, just participating in the thread. And you call me a drama queen...ROFL

DaFace
08-23-2008, 03:47 PM
I do have an honest question for smokers, and sorry for hijacking the thread. Is there some sort of social acceptability thing amongst smokers that makes it OK to put out cigarettes on the ground and leave the butts sitting there? This is plain-as-day littering in my mind, but it seems to be common practice. Even a couple of my distant in-laws do it as we're just walking around.

I don't get it.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 03:47 PM
The thread is about who hates the smell of smoke. Nowhere in the OP's thread did it mention pollution or the environment. I gave a recent example of the smell that I experienced. Im not calling for a ban on smoking, just participating in the thread. And you call me a drama queen...ROFL

My bad then but I saw 3 post of yours about complaints and it appeared that it was about your inconveniences, guess the smoke smell in a smoking room got me started.

MTG#10
08-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I do have an honest question for smokers, and sorry for hijacking the thread. Is there some sort of social acceptability thing amongst smokers that makes it OK to put out cigarettes on the ground and leave the butts sitting there? This is plain-as-day littering in my mind, but it seems to be common practice. Even a couple of my distant in-laws do it as we're just walking around.

I don't get it.

It is littering. I always found it strange that a smoker will walk to a trashcan to dispose of his soda can then throw his cigarette butt on the ground and leave it. I guess its because they are small...

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Thats probably part of it. The window was open when we first entered the room but it didnt help. I do avoid bars as well though, or anywhere smokers congregate. Im surprised the smell bothers me so much, I grew up with parents that smoked so I should be used to it.

There's a difference between your parents having a occasional cigarette in their house and a bar full of people smoking their brains out. When you have high concentrations of it, it's far worse. That may be another part of the hotel room deal, instead of them occasionally being smoked in back when all hotel rooms were treated equal, now the smoking rooms are ALWAYS being smoked in. I don't ever remember any hotel rooms smelling that bad before they started segregating them.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 03:55 PM

I don't get it.

I agree.

I always put mine in a trash can..

I did learn to field strip them in the Army and have always done so since.

They teach you by making you pick up all the butts for 1/2 square mile if caught

I was never caught but learned quickly. This is recent in history, before it was not considered as litter.

Hijack over

MTG#10
08-23-2008, 03:57 PM
There's a difference between your parents having a occasional cigarette in their house and a bar full of people smoking their brains out. When you have high concentrations of it, it's far worse. That may be another part of the hotel room deal, instead of them occasionally being smoked in back when all hotel rooms were treated equal, now the smoking rooms are ALWAYS being smoked in. I don't ever remember any hotel rooms smelling that bad before they started segregating them.
No my house growing up was worse than a bar. My mom and step dad both smoked about two packs a day and never opened the windows. When you walked into our house there would always be a thick cloud of smoke lingering. It was so bad the walls would turn yellow just after about a month of fresh paint. It didnt matter how many times I washed my clothes the smell would never come out. I remember being embarrassed one time when I was about 12 because my Sunday school teacher asked me if I smoked. :shake:

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-23-2008, 03:58 PM

I don't get it.

I don't find it acceptable at all, I always dispose of my butts properly. But you're right, the majority of them act like they are going to just disappear. Occasionally my wife will sit out on the front porch and she'll put her cigarettes out in the rock bed, it drives me ****ing nuts because I'm the one who ends up picking them out of there, and then she acts like I'm a god damn commie when I tell her not to do it anymore. I don't get it either.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 04:00 PM

I don't get it.

My dad smokes non filters and states they will be gone before he mows?

MTG#10
08-23-2008, 04:03 PM
My dad smokes non filters and states they will be gone before he mows?
Non-filters are biodegradable, so no big deal to throw them on the ground imo. They dont look good but at least they will decompose.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Non-filters are biodegradable, so no big deal to throw them on the ground imo. They dont look good but at least they will decompose.

True, but it is still litter because he does the same everywhere.

MTG#10
08-23-2008, 04:09 PM
True, but it is still litter because he does the same everywhere.
Get him some roach clips and tell him to smoke them all the way down. :D

Skip Towne
08-23-2008, 04:41 PM
I don't find it acceptable at all, I always dispose of my butts properly. But you're right, the majority of them act like they are going to just disappear. Occasionally my wife will sit out on the front porch and she'll put her cigarettes out in the rock bed, it drives me ****ing nuts because I'm the one who ends up picking them out of there, and then she acts like I'm a god damn commie when I tell her not to do it anymore. I don't get it either.
She's right, comrade

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Get him some roach clips and tell him to smoke them all the way down. :D

Hum. A friend I know got him to try a "roach" clip, he went to sleep.

He still thinks only hippies smoke. He is 78 though.

Oh you said clip, NM.