PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chan's offense is awesome

King_Chief_Fan
08-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Wow, Chan's schemes are impressive........under 2 minutes and playing dink and dunk

The Bad Guy
08-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Chan's offense is proven in the NFL.

Brodie Croyle isn't.

See the pattern?

milkman
08-23-2008, 08:00 PM

Brodie Croyle isn't.

See the pattern?

The thing is, I haven't seen Chan's offense tonight.

btlook1
08-23-2008, 08:05 PM
The thing is, I haven't seen Chan's offense tonight.

Hope you are right....3 and 13 and we are throwing 5-6 yard passes!!

Mr. Laz
08-23-2008, 08:07 PM
we are throwing short passes because we can't protect Croyle long enough to go any deeper.

Zouk
08-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Nothing would be stupider than exposing your starting QB in preseason when the 2 starting tackles are out of the game. Of course they are getting rid of the ball quick and short of the marker on 3rd and long.

HC_Chief
08-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Hope you are right....3 and 13 and we are throwing 5-6 yard passes!!

That's the QB checking down.

CROYLE sucks. The Chan Gailey offense is proven.

FAX
08-23-2008, 08:25 PM
we are throwing short passes because we can't protect Croyle long enough to go any deeper.

I don't think logic will work with these guys anymore, Mr. Laz. We have to turn to more effective means of persuasion. Anybody got a spare 2 x 4?

FAX

JuicesFlowing
08-23-2008, 08:29 PM

Brodie Croyle isn't.

See the pattern?

The O-line is a ****ing freeway. That's what i see.

JuicesFlowing
08-23-2008, 08:31 PM

I'm glad you are using reason, instead of the "Croyle sucks" crowd ... I think there is even a thread about how "bad" Croyle is ... they never seem to mention the red carpet the O-line puts down for the opposing defense ...

HC_Chief
08-23-2008, 08:32 PM
The O-line is a ****ing freeway. That's what i see.

At times, but Croyle needs to lern how to get rid of the ball. This isn't the NCAA... you cannot hold the ball for five, six, seven seconds: in the NFL you have 3 to 4 max.

FAX
08-23-2008, 08:32 PM
At times, but Croyle needs to lern how to get rid of the ball. This isn't the NCAA... you cannot hold the ball for five, six, seven seconds: in the NFL you have 3 to 4 max.

I must have missed something, Mr. HC_Chief. When did he have 5, 6, or 7 seconds? On the bootlegs?

FAX

HC_Chief
08-23-2008, 08:36 PM
I must have missed something, Mr. HC_Chief. When did he have 5, 6, or 7 seconds? On the bootlegs?

FAX

Did you watch the first half? The pocket was there for a couple of seconds - Croyle waited too long.

In the NFL you have no more than a few seconds. He needs to make decisions faster; you cannot wait on a play.

The rollouts in the second half have helped a bit, but we cannot do that on every play. Croyle needs to learn how to drop back, read the play, and throw the ball accurately within three seconds or less. That's the job.

FAX
08-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Did you watch the first half? The pocket was there for a couple of seconds - Croyle waited too long.

In the NFL you have no more than a few seconds. He needs to make decisions faster; you cannot wait on a play.

The rollouts in the second half have helped a bit, but we cannot do that on every play. Croyle needs to learn how to drop back, read the play, and throw the ball accurately within three seconds or less. That's the job.

Only via the miracle of internet radio, Mr. HC_Chief.

Lenny was saying that the receivers were not getting open.

FAX

Coach
08-23-2008, 08:39 PM

FAX

Oh gee. Let's try to put 1+1 together

1. WR's not getting open/seperation.

+

1. OL is not blocking very well

=

2. QB will not be successful, regardless of who or what he is.

milkman
08-23-2008, 08:39 PM

There isn't one play where Croyle holds the ball for more than 3 seconds.

There were very few plays where he had 3 seconds.

HC_Chief
08-23-2008, 08:40 PM

FAX

That is possible... like every other Chiefs preseason game this one appears to be filmed via webcam.

FAX
08-23-2008, 08:43 PM
That is possible... like every other Chiefs preseason game this one appears to be filmed via webcam.

I'm very much at a disadvantage in these conversations because I can only listen. I rely on Lenny to kind of clue me in on what's going on. Still, he doesn't seem to have a problem calling a spade a spade (as long as he can pronounce it, of course).

Lenny was complaining bitterly about the receivers not getting open. On a few occasions, he complimented Croyle, too. I'll get my tape in a few days. Meanwhile, I defer to your judgement.

FAX

DeezNutz
08-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Lenny had a great comment made in disgust during the first quarter:

"And THIS is a team that won one game last year...yuuuughhhhh...."

I've never heard an analyst make such a noise, but it was apt.

HC_Chief
08-23-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm very much at a disadvantage in these conversations because I can only listen. I rely on Lenny to kind of clue me in on what's going on. Still, he doesn't seem to have a problem calling a spade a spade (as long as he can pronounce it, of course).

Lenny was complaining bitterly about the receivers not getting open. On a few occasions, he complimented Croyle, too. I'll get my tape in a few days. Meanwhile, I defer to your judgement.

FAX

Croyle has held the ball too long, read the play late, and checked down a lot. He was under pressure quite a bit: the OL has not been doing a very good job (esp @ LT). LJ got a cut block on a blitzer; Croyle showed poor pocket presence by sitting in place allowing the blitzer to get up and force a fumble.

Bowe dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands.

The D has been poor.

Special Teams has been atrocious.

Overall, a piss-poor performance.

HC_Chief
08-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Colquitt is awesome.

Bearcat
08-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Oh gee. Let's try to put 1+1 together

1. WR's not getting open/seperation.

+

1. OL is not blocking very well

=

2. QB will not be successful, regardless of who or what he is.

What's funny is that people here will watch a game where Peyton Manning looks awful because he's not getting any time to throw and his receivers aren't getting open, and they'll try to talk sh*t on him like he's completely overrated. So, of course in the last two years, Trent Green, Huard, and Croyle all completely suck for the same reason.

I guess there are no good quarterbacks in this league... the QBs that 'look good' are just a product of a good offensive line and good receivers.

FAX
08-23-2008, 09:11 PM
You know, after listening to this live abortion, I'm coming to the realization that our fabulous, new, simplified offense may not offer sufficient variety to accomplish much in a professional football league. The boots are fine and all, but they can be well defended (as long as it's not us defending them, of course) and read pretty quickly if the DEs and LBs have any sense and experience.

The honest truth is that this fabulous, new, simplified approach - without consistent, superior execution - may well fail. And, unfortunately, I don't think our guys can be counted on for consistent, superior execution. Is it possible that Herm's overall strategy for developing these young players is inherently flawed? Just sayin'.

Then again, it is just the pre-season and maybe we're not showing everything. Except Croyle and Herm both said before the game that the primary goal for this evening was to score points. If so, this could be the longest season we've had in 50 years.

FAX

J Diddy
08-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Colquitt is awesome.

he is that one constant

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 09:21 PM

No, Brodie did not throw it in 1 second. He hangs on to it.

Zouk
08-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Then again, it is just the pre-season and maybe we're not showing everything. Except Croyle and Herm both said before the game that the primary goal for this evening was to score points. If so, this could be the longest season we've had in 50 years.

FAX

They interviewed Waters on TV and he said they only had 2 goal line plays in tonight because they don't want to show anything in the preseason.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 09:23 PM

So 2 seconds is correct, not 5,6,7 Hum.

But he has top learn 3 seconds. ROFL

FAX
08-23-2008, 09:24 PM
They interviewed Waters on TV and he said they only had 2 goal line plays in tonight because they don't want to show anything in the preseason.

Well, that's encouraging. Thanks, Mr. Zouk.

Still, Croyle has to be able to get rid of that football in less than 500 milliseconds. This ain't high school.

FAX

King_Chief_Fan
08-23-2008, 09:25 PM

mission accomplished..........they showed nothing

Zouk
08-23-2008, 09:32 PM
mission accomplished..........they showed nothing

Most of the key offseason acquisitions (Albert, Cottam, Charles, Franklin, Williams) didn't play. It's really not that shocking that they looked terrible. With all the young guys getting hurt, it'll take until Week 4 or 5 until we can start to see what's building. People need to chill.

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Most of the key offseason acquisitions (Albert, Cottam, Charles, Williams)didn't play. It's really not that shocking that they looked terrible. With all the young guys getting hurt, it'll take until Week 4 or 5 until we can start to see what's building. People need to chill.

That is a good point, Mr. Zouk.

CoMoChief
08-23-2008, 09:35 PM

That and our WR's are crap and have trouble getting open down field.

FAX
08-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Most of the key offseason acquisitions (Albert, Cottam, Charles, Franklin, Williams) didn't play. It's really not that shocking that they looked terrible. With all the young guys getting hurt, it'll take until Week 4 or 5 until we can start to see what's building. People need to chill.

I made the mental commitment to remain calm this year, Mr. Zouk. I fully realize that we're going to see some good moments and some very bad ones. What I don't like, however, is a game where we have bad performances across the board. I don't think it's good when you can't walk away from a game with any significant positives. It doesn't help the rebuilding effort when that happens. What I don't want to see is what we saw tonight against another poor team - a setback.

FAX

MadMax
08-23-2008, 09:43 PM
So 2 seconds is correct, not 5,6,7 Hum.

But he has top learn 3 seconds. ROFL

:)

KCUnited
08-23-2008, 09:44 PM
At least that shit wasn't predictable at all.

CupidStunt
08-23-2008, 09:46 PM
WRs outside of Bowe are just disgusting, and Bowe has sucked this preseason. Gonzalez can't catch a ball without pushing off. The OL is embarrassing. I could make better cuts than LJ. And then there's Croyle, who couldn't hit the state of Texas from 10,000-ft.

Mike Cox is pretty good, though. Awesome.

blueballs
08-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Croyle's inexperience isn't helping the 0-line either
it can work both ways

Rausch
08-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Chan is fine.

For once we have a coordinator that doesn't hamper the team, he's miliking it for what it's worth.

Herm and Gun's excuses are out. Done. Chan's perfumed more turds to the playoffs than he should have...

tmax63
08-23-2008, 09:53 PM
I think I could block better than LJ was tonight. It looked like he was going through the motions tonight if he wasn't getting the ball.

jjchieffan
08-23-2008, 10:16 PM
What's funny is that people here will watch a game where Peyton Manning looks awful because he's not getting any time to throw and his receivers aren't getting open, and they'll try to talk sh*t on him like he's completely overrated. So, of course in the last two years, Trent Green, Huard, and Croyle all completely suck for the same reason.

I guess there are no good quarterbacks in this league... the QBs that 'look good' are just a product of a good offensive line and good receivers.

Well, it did get Troy Aikman 3 rings and into the HOF.