PDA

View Full Version : Football Proud Dad Moment

Braincase
08-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Today was my son's first tackle football game. He's in 2nd grade playing on a 2nd-3rd grade team. Got into the game in the 2nd quarter (starting 3rd graders were playing both ways) and spent a pretty good amount of time in the other team's backfield. Got to the QB once before he could make a handoff, and caused a fumble as well. On offense, he went in late, subbing for the starting center, but did pretty well, never messed up an exchange between center and the second string QB.

Ended up winning 38-0, playing for the tournament championship tomorrow. I haven't had this much fun in a long time.

Zebedee DuBois
08-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Congrats....that is really fun watching your kids on the field. I think that was about my favorite age for my kids.

Buehler445
08-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Congrats Braincase. That is really special.

Braincase
08-23-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm bumpin' this, cuz this is hella more positive than that bucket of pig vomit the Chiefs put out on the field today.

DeezNutz
08-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Good for you, Braincase. Have fun tomorrow at the game! Don't allow any other parent to be "that guy" and spoil it for the kids.

HolyHandgernade
08-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Congrats! Its obviously in the genes, right?

-HH

Tiger's Fan
08-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Good for you man. Those were the best years of my life, and went by way too damned fast.

Braincase
08-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Good for you, Braincase. Have fun tomorrow at the game! Don't allow any other parent to be "that guy" and spoil it for the kids.

Trying not to be him myself. All the kids got in the game, including some of my 2nd grade project players. Found out that some of the boys are better equiped for gameday than I thought. One of the 2nd graders found some wheels when he realized that there's a guy with a different color jersey that wasn't going to take it easy on him. He found a gear I never knew existed.

CosmicPal
08-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Good for you man. Those were the best years of my life, and went by way too damned fast.

Same here.

blueballs
08-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Tank Turk Tamba and Two teamed could use the help

DaneMcCloud
08-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Congrats and enjoy!

I've been told they grow up quickly!

Braincase
08-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Congrats and enjoy!

I've been told they grow up quickly!

They do. Seems like yesterday he was just learning to walk. I talked to him last night to tell him that if he has a chance to grab the handoff before the QB gives it to the RB, take it and go.

J Diddy
08-24-2008, 07:49 AM
They do. Seems like yesterday he was just learning to walk. I talked to him last night to tell him that if he has a chance to grab the handoff before the QB gives it to the RB, take it and go.

Awesome, sounds like a lil beast

RJ
08-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Very cool. I miss those days with my sons, we all really enjoyed it.

IIRC, if he managed to get through his time at center w/o botching a snap then he done good. That can really be a challenge for that age group.