PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rank the RBs

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't care what anyone says, Dantrell Savage is a keeper. This young man shows real potential to be a brilliant young back. I even saw him pick up a blizter. I know the other guys are also really, really sharp, but I can't help but be impressed with his drive, speed, quickness and heart. Oh, did I mention power? For a guy who weighs 182 he seems difficult to tackle.

Anyway, here's my depth chart at RB:

Johnson
Savage
Smith
Charles
Battle

I wish we could trade 1 or 2 of these guys for a couple OLmen. Funny, last year we ran out of RBs, this year we have an embarrassment of riches. The one guy on that list that needs the least help from his OL is Savage.

Go Chiefs!
:arrow:

Spicy McHaggis
08-23-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't think anyone who has watched a game will disagree with you about Savage. If I'm Herm I'm definitely considering keeping four backs, especially since Savage and Charles will both contribute in the return game.

JuicesFlowing
08-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Who is this Battle character? Get rid of him, please. Your assessment is correct in my opinion ...

KCUnited
08-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Savage will be a solid #2.

Get. The. ****. Out.

I know we lost and all, but seriously.

milkman
08-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I personally can't wait for the day that LJ is no longer a part of this team.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 08:39 PM
battle's not too bad either

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Who is this Battle character? Get rid of him, please. Your assessment is correct in my opinion ...

Actually, Battle is the guy 2nd in least need of a great Ol to get his yards. His name is his style - he fights for tough inside yards. I like all our RBs. But Savage should be right there behind LJ. You older guys may remember Dave Meggett. I think Savage is the Meggett package plus some.

CupidStunt
08-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Honestly?

Smith
Charles
Savage
-
LJ
Battle

Rausch
08-23-2008, 08:44 PM
I havent' seen squat from Charles that impresses me.

I'd keep 4. I think we've got huge talent at HB and WR that could pan out.

I'd prefer to short a bundle of our underperforming OL...

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Honestly?

Smith
Charles
Savage
-
LJ
Battle

Gee, seems kind of harsh from a guy who's username is lj4mvp...

No way Savage is 3rd...

Coach
08-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Gee, seems kind of harsh from a guy who's username is lj4mvp...

No way Savage is 3rd...

I'd have to agree with him with LJ being demoted. He hasn't looked too good, and I am beginning to believe that this zone blocking that Chan is wanting im implement isn't exactly LJ's style.

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 08:51 PM
I'd have to agree with him with LJ being demoted. He hasn't looked too good, and I am beginning to believe that this zone blocking that Chan is wanting im implement isn't exactly LJ's style.

LJ's a downhill runner who hits the perimeter with power, speed and purpose. But his best years were in the Rammy pass-to-set-up-the-run spread O which is NOT Channyball at all.

The big dough that Carl paid LJ would have been a nice investment in a franchise QB or at least a bad@$$ OL.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. I hope LJ tears a hole in defenses this year and makes us all proud. If he gets hurt, I'm not conncerened about the RB position at all.

milkman
08-23-2008, 08:51 PM

LJ was a guy that could get some extra yards when he had huge holes to run through.

He hasn't yet shown the vision and patience that a good zone blocking scheme requires from a RB.

And he still sucks as a blocker, and that is because he simply doesn't care.

He's a useless bastard.

JuicesFlowing
08-23-2008, 08:54 PM

I dunno, when the blocking works, I think LJ runs pretty good ... Regardless, tonight was completely discouraging no matter what excuse is made. Ricky Effing Williams made us look bad. That's sad.

JuicesFlowing
08-23-2008, 08:55 PM
LJ was a guy that could get some extra yards when he had huge holes to run through.

He hasn't yet shown the vision and patience that a good zone blocking scheme requires from a RB.

And he still sucks as a blocker, and that is because he simply doesn't care.

He's a useless bastard.

His blocking is atrocious, and that annoys the shit out of me.

Coach
08-23-2008, 09:01 PM
I dunno, when the blocking works, I think LJ runs pretty good ... Regardless, tonight was completely discouraging no matter what excuse is made. Ricky Effing Williams made us look bad. That's sad.

I think that 400+ carry season literally killed LJ. He looks slower, and lacks the vision to make his decison, and stutter steps way the hell too much to my liking.

Rausch
08-23-2008, 09:02 PM
LJ
Smith
Savage
Charles

Charles doesn't get a free pass based on his paycheck...

milkman
08-23-2008, 09:04 PM

Ricky Williams has looked pretty good in the other Dolphin preseason games.

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 09:05 PM
I can see a big battle for the 3rd down back position between Charles and Savage. Both look great to me. I have to give Savage the edge in heart and intangibles. We're going to be in an awful lot of 3rd-and-longs this season, too.

jjchieffan
08-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Honestly?

Smith
Charles
Savage
-
LJ
Battle

I would have to agree about LJ. It would be nice if Carl could pull a Shanarat and trade him to someone desperate for a RB and get a Champ Bailey quality of player(only a LB or OL, although a top notch CB would not be bad.)

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Ricky Williams has looked pretty good in the other Dolphin preseason games.

ricky williams has been a beast before and is lookin pretty good again you're right mm

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 09:41 PM
With all that talent at RB the #2 job may go to the RB that can pass protect best.

Mr. Laz
08-23-2008, 10:20 PM
LJ
Smith
Charles

savage = returner
Battle = PS

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:33 PM
LJ
Smith
Charles

savage = returner
Battle = PS

do you really think we can sneak battle to the ps?

thurman merman
08-23-2008, 11:06 PM
I think that 400+ carry season literally killed LJ.

do you know what literally means?

RedNeckRaider
08-23-2008, 11:08 PM
do you know what literally means?

ROFL

Rausch
08-23-2008, 11:11 PM
do you really think we can sneak battle to the ps?

No chance in hell.

He's physical beyond his build and quick.

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 11:14 PM
No chance in hell.

He's physical beyond his build and quick.

It will be a miracle if Battle survives the waiver wire. Why does it have to be feast or famine around here?

alanm
08-23-2008, 11:19 PM
LJ
Smith
Charles

savage = returner
Battle = PS
Was Battle on IR or PS last year. Because I don't think he can go back on PS again if he was there last fall.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 11:32 PM
on ps but not active for 9 games so he can go back to ps

KCCHIEFS27
08-23-2008, 11:54 PM
LJ and a conditional draft pick to Houston for Mario Williams

Logical
08-23-2008, 11:58 PM
It will be a miracle if Battle survives the waiver wire. Why does it have to be feast or famine around here?We don't have three decent QBs keep only 2 and an extra RB (thinking outside the box).

KCJohnny
08-24-2008, 02:43 AM
We don't have three decent QBs keep only 2 and an extra RB (thinking outside the box).

With our OL, its only a matter of time before the #3 QB takes the field. Maybe they can work Battle at a little bit of QB play...

milkman
08-24-2008, 05:25 AM

Not even Charlie Casserly would make that deal.

boogblaster
08-24-2008, 05:34 AM
LJ has lost his pop ... The young RBs are hungry ... Trade his ass for any decent player and free up some next years money .....

CupidStunt
08-24-2008, 06:07 AM

When you say "conditional draft pick(s)," do you mean five future first-rounders (most likely to be high picks)?

Mr. Laz
08-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Battle hasn't really done anything ..... why would he be picked up off the waiver wire?

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 11:00 AM
battle runs hard and has some moves

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-24-2008, 11:03 AM

:bong:

InChiefsHell
08-24-2008, 11:09 AM
LJ does not have the value anymore, he's a terrible blocker and has not re-established himself as a premier runner...but it's preseason, as far as the latter is concerned. The blocking...well...it's time to just accept the fact that LJ cannot, will not block.

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 11:10 AM
he could just wont

Mr. Laz
08-24-2008, 11:15 AM
battle runs hard and has some moves

so do dozens of other runners in the NFL ..... but what has he done that would make another team select him off the waiver wire?

it's all potential ... maybe real, maybe not, but i don't see any reason why any team will grab him at this point.

2007 - 14 carries, 47 yards, 3.4 avg, 1 TD

2008 preseason - 11 carries, 34 yrds, 3.7 avg

KCJohnny
08-24-2008, 05:48 PM
LJ does not have the value anymore, he's a terrible blocker and has not re-established himself as a premier runner...but it's preseason, as far as the latter is concerned. The blocking...well...it's time to just accept the fact that LJ cannot, will not block.

That's not necessarily so. LJ can block when he needs to.
The real question is will his OL show up this year. If not, its better to go with a shiftier back like Savage or a pure speed guy like Charles who are not as dependent on holes. This OL needs a lot of work.

Count Zarth
08-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey KCJohnny, bump some more of your own threads. Thanks!

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 05:51 PM

ROFL

the Talking Can
08-24-2008, 05:55 PM
LJ
Smith
Charles

savage = returner
Battle = PS

yup

KCJohnny
08-25-2008, 08:33 AM

Good topics deserve the exposure. You thought so.

Fairplay
08-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Ten-hut all you civilians. In the military we would have a respectable and intelligent conversation. You civilians need to be reminded that if it wasn't for the military you all would be fu*ked.

Act like soldiers!!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WkfwtBDwdc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9WkfwtBDwdc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>