PDA

View Full Version : Environment McCain/Paul 2008

bango
08-23-2008, 09:33 PM
This is fun.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Paul would never accept it...in fact won't even endorse Mac.

bango
08-23-2008, 10:17 PM
I know. It would solve most of McCain's problems though. I would even consider voting for him if he could pull it off.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2008, 10:20 PM
I know. It would solve most of McCain's problems though. I would even consider voting for him if he could pull it off.

He wouldn't have any influence though. In fact Paul would probably put the VP post back where it belongs...in the do-less category except for breaking ties. Paul is more valuable in congress.

Now if one of the crazier Paul supporters shot McCain then I'd reconsider. :p

bango
08-23-2008, 10:30 PM
He wouldn't have any influence though. In fact Paul would probably put the VP post back where it belongs...in the do-less category except for breaking ties. Paul is more valuable in congress.

Now if one of the crazier Paul supporters shot McCain then I'd reconsider. :p

I just could not see Paul just sitting around and waiting to break ties in the Senate. He would either have a say, or force John to remove him. I thought almost all of Paul's Supporters were crazy? :D

BucEyedPea
08-23-2008, 10:33 PM
I just could not see Paul just sitting around and waiting to break ties in the Senate. He would either have a say, or force John to remove him. I thought almost all of Paul's Supporters were crazy? :D

Well we are...but that's why I said "crazier"! Not all of us would go that far.

wazu
08-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Paul would never accept it...

I would bet he would. A great podium to spread his message. The idea is absurd, though. John McCain might entertain the idea of a Democrat as his running mate, but there is no way he would entertain the idea of a true conservative.

BucEyedPea
08-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I would bet he would. A great podium to spread his message. The idea is absurd, though. John McCain might entertain the idea of a Democrat as his running mate, but there is no way he would entertain the idea of a true conservative.

Well I agree with your Mac point on having a D but I do not think Paul would EVER run with Mac, even if asked. He just has too much integrity. He's "Dr. NO" don't forget. And he couldn't say things that are the opposite of what McCain would run on.

Could you see it:

Mac: We must expand Nato into the Ukraine and Georgia
Paul: We must abolish Nato. The CW is over and this is just an excuse for more bases and
interventions in Europe or Russia.

Logical
08-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Well I agree with your Mac point on having a D but I do not think Paul would EVER run with Mac, even if asked. He just has too much integrity. He's "Dr. NO" don't forget. And he couldn't say things that are the opposite of what McCain would run on.

Could you see it:

Mac: We must expand Nato into the Ukraine and Georgia
Paul: We must abolish Nato. The CW is over and this is just an excuse for more bases and
interventions in Europe or Russia.What a pleasant thought. I might even vote for a McCain/Paul ticket just for the entertainment.

SNR
08-24-2008, 02:13 AM
Sounds good, but I heard from Ultra Peanut that Paul was a racist. Too bad.