PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will the Dolphins be better than the Chiefs in the reg. season?

FringeNC
08-23-2008, 09:36 PM
If so, what does that say about Herm and Carl and the "rebuilding process"?

Molitoth
08-23-2008, 09:37 PM
That they need to step down because they have no motivation.

Herm can pick talent, but he can't coach worth a shit.

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Relax...it's fine....we're rebuilding, get over it. We'll have none of these coaches, schemes, or managment in two years but hey you gotta start somewhere.

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Miami was way better than 1-15 last year. They were in a majority of their games. The Chiefs and fins will each win about 5 games this season, although I would be interested to know who has the tougher strength of schedule.

MTG#10
08-23-2008, 09:43 PM
The Chiefs winning 5 games is a bit of a stretch...

FringeNC
08-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Relax...it's fine....we're rebuilding, get over it. We'll have none of these coaches, schemes, or managment in two years but hey you gotta start somewhere.

Well-managed teams don't stay bad more than a season -- two at most. Poorly managed teams stay bad indefinitely.

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 09:45 PM

9 of our games are against teams in the bottom half of the NFL in rushing D. Only 3 games against top 10 Ds. Weak schedule. 2 games against the Faders. C'mon, dig deep, buddy, you can find 5 wins in there if ya try.

FringeNC
08-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Last year, the Herm apologists said this is the year that Herm has to compete for a playoff spot, or even they would want him gone.

Bowser
08-23-2008, 09:49 PM
9 of our games are against teams in the bottom half of the NFL in rushing D. Only 3 games against top 10 Ds. Weak schedule. 2 games against the Faders. C'mon, dig deep, buddy, you can find 5 wins in there if ya try.

Our offensive line sucks. We're going to help those defenses with their stat totals.

Count Alex's Losses
08-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Last year, the Herm apologists said this is the year that Herm has to compete for a playoff spot, or even they would want him gone.

That's not entirely accurate. I certainly never said that.

Sam Hall
08-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I'd say the Atlanta game is a must win for a very bad reason.

petegz28
08-23-2008, 09:52 PM
This is the NFL, anything can happen. Couple bad calls or lucky bounces of the ball and were are 9-7 vs. 7-9. Injuries, opponents slip and small play for no gain goes for large game breaker.

Solari won 4 games + so I think Chan can top that.

KCUnited
08-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Don't call it a come back, Miami with Pennington have been here for years...oh wait, no they haven't.

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Our offensive line sucks. We're going to help those defenses with their stat totals.

I hear ya, Bowz, but take courage:
Our D will be allowing only about 18-19 ppg and the BucBall Herm likes will keep us in games that can be won on STs or with a pic 6.

Skip Towne
08-23-2008, 09:54 PM

You are so full of shit nobody pays attention to what you say.

Sam Hall
I hear ya, Bowz, but take courage:
Our D will be allowing only about 18-19 ppg and the BucBall Herm likes will keep us in games that can be won on STs or with a pic 6.

I don't trust the offense to limit turnovers.

Rausch
I see the short-skirt club is back and unafraid to yammer...

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 09:56 PM

?

Like dick did?

FringeNC
08-23-2008, 09:57 PM

You were a Herm-basher last year, after you were a Herm-fellater, and before that, you were the self-proclaimed leader of the anti-Herm faction. I wasn't putting you in the category of a Herm basher because your opinion on Herm depends on which way the wind is blowing.

My hunch is that Parcells will get this 1-15 thing in Miami turned around immediately, and the Dolphins will be respectable by the end of the year, whereas we will be awful as long as Herm Edwards is our coach. This whole rebuilding excuse thing is a joke, and a red herring for the incompetency of Carl, Herm, and Gun.

Count Alex's Losses
You are so full of shit nobody pays attention to what you say.

I wish that were true.

ChiefsCountry
I think hardly nobody expected a playoff team this year, I really dont see what all the fuss is blowing up on the Planet tonight.

Sam Hall
08-23-2008, 09:58 PM
I think hardly nobody expected a playoff team this year, I really dont see what all the fuss is blowing up on the Planet tonight.

It's the thought of something close to a winless season.

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Rebuild. Get used to it.

Rausch
08-23-2008, 09:59 PM

He signed a contract. He knew how long it was.

Don't blame us because you finally decided to turn things around in the 11th hour.

Produce or go.

Cowher is waiting...

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 10:01 PM

It's the thought of something close to a winless season.

BFD.

You gotta crack a couple of eggs to make an omelet.

People are going out of their way to look like jackasses tonight, that's for sure.

No one gave this team a chance to win more than 4 games in the regular season, yet this place is at DefCon 4 after a ****ing preseason game?

Get a ****ing grip, people.

tk13
08-23-2008, 10:03 PM
You usually don't get better when you gut the roster, including the league sack leader, and start playing a bunch of rookies. At least not immediately, regardless of Carl's track record.

Coach
08-23-2008, 10:04 PM
BFD.

You gotta crack a couple of eggs to make an omelet.

People are going out of their way to look like jackasses tonight, that's for sure.

No one gave this team a chance to win more than 4 games in the regular season, yet this place is at DefCon 4 after a ****ing preseason game?

Get a ****ing grip, people.

I think the reason why it's at DefCon 4 was that people was expecting a compeititve football game with Miami, instead of getting our asses smoked by the Dolphins, who I might add, was 1-15 last year, and almost literally the same roster, save Pennington, Long, and draft choices as last year.

I also think that people expected improvement from this team somewhere, where in pre-season 3, we have actually regressed since the Chicago game. Just seems like we have been playing shitty football since the opening drive at the Chicago game.

OnTheWarpath58
You usually don't get better when you gut the roster, including the league sack leader, and start playing a bunch of rookies. At least not immediately, regardless of Carl's track record.

Exactly.

What's funny is, that people EXPECTED us to be WORSE this year, yet are blowing up over a worthless PS game when we're missing a shitton of players.

People just need something to bitch over, I guess.

Coach

But again though, you'd expect at least SOME improvement in some areas after 3 meaningless pre-season games, yet I haven't seen NOTHING that indicates any improvement by either the starters or the back-ups.

Nothing.

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2008, 10:05 PM
I think the reason why it's at DefCon 4 was that people was expecting a compeititve football game with Miami, instead of getting our asses smoked by the Dolphins, who I might add, was 1-15 last year, and almost literally the same roster, save Pennington, Long, and draft choices as last year.

I also think that people expected improvement from this team somewhere, where in pre-season 3, we have actually regressed since the Chicago game. Just seems like we have been playing shitty football since the opening drive at the Chicago game.

Miami gutted their team and added a bunch of the Parcell guys that get passed on from team to team of is.

Sam Hall
08-23-2008, 10:06 PM

Exactly.

Mecca
Could they sure.....it's why I thought people were getting ahead of themselves when they were like "oh Atlanta is a win" we are every bit as bad as them so who knows what can happen.

Coach
Miami gutted their team and added a bunch of the Parcell guys that get passed on from team to team of is.

Still they are almost in the same boat as the Chiefs are, yet we got straight-up smoked by them.

FAX
08-23-2008, 10:07 PM

To me, it was the fact that we played so poorly in practically every facet to the game, Mr. ChiefsCountry. One would like to see some improvement somewhere week to week. I was listening on the radio, so I can only base my opinions on Lenny's mutterings. He seemed impressed with the CBs, but that was about it. The good part is that we have an opportunity to see how the players respond next week. That will tell us a lot about these guys because (with few exceptions) none of them can be happy about this week's performance.

FAX

tk13
08-23-2008, 10:08 PM
But again though, you'd expect at least SOME improvement in some areas after 3 meaningless pre-season games, yet I haven't seen NOTHING that indicates any improvement by either the starters or the back-ups.

Nothing.
I don't know. We're not a good team I would agree that we probably have more potential than previous years... but there are probably going to be some serious growing pains where teams take advantage of us.

Overall, obviously, we probably should be a better team at the end of the year than the beginning. But there are probably going to be games where we look like we've regressed to square 1.

CosmicPal
08-23-2008, 10:09 PM
We beat the Bears.

So, I guess Bears fans ought to be leaping from their skyscrapers right about now.

OnTheWarpath58

What they were last year means nothing, you know that.

There will be several teams that go from piss-poor to respectable, and several that will go from respectable to piss-poor.

I guess my point is this:

No one was expecting ANYTHING out of this team, so why expect anything out of a meaningless PS game, especially when we're missing a ton of players?

There's going to be times when this team looks really good one week, and then regress to the point of a Division 1-AA team the next three. It's part of the process, and if people can't understand that, they should probably not watch this season, and keep their blood pressure down.

FringeNC

So any coach that has a bad year can blow up a team, and use that as a justification for poor performance? That's not how the NFL works. This is Herm's 3rd year, and we are the worst team in the league. Where's the f'n accountability?

Rausch
Still they are almost in the same boat as the Chiefs are, yet we got straight-up smoked by them.

The Chiefs didn't just win but SMOKED 5 of the 10 SB winners in the 90's.

KILLED THEM.

Yet we never won a playoff game once Montana retired.

THAT'S REGULAR SEASON GAMES.

ONE GAME MEANS $3IT...

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 10:10 PM

Nothing.

I see much improvement in the running game, where we were dead last in 2007.

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't know. We're not a good team I would agree that we probably have more potential than previous years... but there are probably going to be some serious growing pains where teams take advantage of us.

Overall, obviously, we probably should be a better team at the end of the year than the beginning. But there are probably going to be games where we look like we've regressed to square 1.

You and I are apparently the only one's that feel this way.

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2008, 10:12 PM

Count me in that boat.

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 10:12 PM
So any coach that has a bad year can blow up a team, and use that as a justification for poor performance? That's not how the NFL works. This is Herm's 3rd year, and we are the worst team in the league. Where's the f'n accountability?

This is hilarious.

You (and 90% of this board) expected the Chiefs to suck this year, have another Top 5 draft pick, and are upset when they appear to be EXACTLY what you thought they'd be?

Wow.

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Count me in that boat.

Got it.

Up to three, but still in the vast minority.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 10:14 PM

I think alot of people know that is the case but at the same time do you wanna be sitting here in week 14 going "well we knew this season was going to be bad" while people argue over whether Croyle is the guy or not no matter how he plays?

I guarantee this board will be 50/50 on whether he's the guy or not no matter how good or bad he is, that's where it's headed.

Rausch
08-23-2008, 10:14 PM
This is hilarious.

You (and 90% of this board) expected the Chiefs to suck this year, have another Top 5 draft pick, and are upset when they appear to be EXACTLY what you thought they'd be?

Wow.

King-Stupid like this is why I wish Titus was still here full time.

JuicesFlowing
08-23-2008, 10:15 PM

the Chiefs don't exactly have a meatgrinder schedule ... so that makes their impending doom even worse. Winning only 5 games this season might as well mean winning only 2 real games ... (against Chokeland) ...

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2008, 10:15 PM
This is hilarious.

Wow.

No its the myth that Herm was going to blow up God Vermeil's team in his first year.

Rausch
08-23-2008, 10:16 PM
I think alot of people know that is the case but at the same time do you wanna be sitting here in week 14 going "well we knew this season was going to be bad" while people argue over whether Croyle is the guy or not no matter how he plays?

I guarantee this board will be 50/50 on whether he's the guy or not no matter how good or bad he is, that's where it's headed.

Well ****, how 'bout we just tell you you're right now and you just go on gardening or cross-dressing or whatever the **** it is you do when you aren't being a huge pain in the ass...

tk13
08-23-2008, 10:17 PM
If Herm gets fired, it's his own fault. But I don't know how you can look at what's happened to this team and expect them to compete for a playoff spot, or even be .500. Everybody said for years we needed to stop signing old guys, gut this team and try to start over with a new core group of young guys. Well here you go.

I don't know what else to say. If you believe that we shouldn't have gutted the roster, been more active in FA, and rebuilt the roster a different way, then you're more than entitled to that opinion. Then in your opinion, Herm should probably already be fired, because he's lead this franchise 100 miles down the wrong path. But it's pretty clear that the plan was to gut the team from two years ago, accumulate a bunch of picks and build almost exclusively through the draft. Which is usually not a one year fix.

Sam Hall
BFD.

I understand rebuilding, but no fan wants his team to play this poorly.

JASONSAUTO
Well ****, how 'bout we just tell you you're right now and you just go on gardening or cross-dressing or whatever the **** it is you do when you aren't being a huge pain in the ass...

how you really feel rausch???:D

FringeNC
08-23-2008, 10:18 PM
This is hilarious.

Wow.

Read the thread title. Do you think Miami will be a better team than us this year? If so, this how serious implications about the brain trust at Arrowhead. And yes, I did think we'd suck. However, had we shitcanned Herm and Carl, and hired Bill Parcells, I have been a lot more optimistic going into this season. Get it?

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:18 PM
miami has been in this mode longer than us

Mecca
08-23-2008, 10:19 PM
I understand rebuilding, but no fan wants his team to play this poorly.

That is a nice way to put peoples reactions.

FringeNC
08-23-2008, 10:20 PM
If Herm gets fired, it's his own fault. But I don't know how you can look at what's happened to this team and expect them to compete for a playoff spot, or even be .500. Everybody said for years we needed to stop signing old guys, gut this team and try to start over with a new core group of young guys. Well here you go.

I don't know what else to say. If you believe that we shouldn't have gutted the roster, been more active in FA, and rebuilt the roster a different way, then you're more than entitled to that opinion. Then in your opinion, Herm should probably already be fired, because he's lead this franchise 100 miles down the wrong path. But it's pretty clear that the plan was to gut the team from two years ago, accumulate a bunch of picks and build almost exclusively through the draft. Which is usually not a one year fix.

If Miami is substantially better than we are at the end of the season....they may be...may not be...but if they are -- how can Herm and Carl have a job next year?

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 10:21 PM
King-Stupid like this is why I wish Titus was still here full time.

Brad - I've had a bit too much Bushmill's this evening. Please explain.

Bowser
08-23-2008, 10:22 PM
People are just tired of their team losing, plain and simple. Nearly 40 years without a Super Bowl victory and 23 years of a World Series title will do that to your average fan. The Chiefs won't even consider competeing until next year; the Royals in 2010.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:22 PM
If Miami is substantially better than we are at the end of the season....they may be...may not be...but if they are -- how can Herm and Carl have a job next year?

miami started BEFORE US

Bowser
08-23-2008, 10:24 PM

Because they are rebuilding a team, which essentially gives them both a get out of jail free card.

OnTheWarpath58
I'm not sure why people seem to think that we were in a similar boat as Miami.

First, they were a better team than us LAST year. Their record didn't reflect it, but they had more talent last year, and have more this year.

Second, they've been "rebuilding" for years. We've been doing it for 4 months.

Coach
That is a nice way to put peoples reactions.

Well it's true. I don't have any problems with this team losing, but to get straight up smoked by the Miami F**king Dolphins? That's pitiful. I expected at least some improvement in some areas, but I haven't seen jack shit since the opening drive in Chicago.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:25 PM
that is what ive been trying to say warpath

FringeNC
miami started BEFORE US

Started what before us? Losing? So did the Raiders, and they are still losing.

OnTheWarpath58
People are just tired of their team losing, plain and simple. Nearly 40 years without a Super Bowl victory and 23 years of a World Series title will do that to your average fan. The Chiefs won't even consider competeing until next year; the Royals in 2010.

Fair enough.

But when you KNOW it's coming, what the point of whining about it?

Because to some people around here, bitching is like breathing.

A necessity.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Started what before us? Losing? So did the Raiders, and they are still losing.

REBUILDING

tk13
Well are we trying to argue Bill Parcells is a better GM than Carl Peterson? Really? Haha... who would've guessed that! I had no idea. How does Carl have a job any year?

JASONSAUTO
[QUOTE=OnTheWarpath58;49401

to some people around here, bitching is like breathing.

A necessity.[/QUOTE]

been saying this for weeks

Rausch
08-23-2008, 10:29 PM
how you really feel rausch???:D

Good idea.

You people are the single biggest bunch of bleeding berginas I've ever seen. Every ****ing mole hill is a ****ing Everest climb with a fanbase begging for the fail so they can line up in the I-TOLD-YOU-SO line first.

KISS MY ****ING ASS.

Lick it clean until the lymph nodes in your arpits swell up to the size of Carl's ego and Ryan Sims ass.

The only thing more pathetic than our performance on the field over the last few years is the FROG-STYLE quit, surrender, failure-mindset, and 13 year old EMO bull$3it crying you "fans" have managed.

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Good idea.

You people are the single biggest bunch of bleeding berginas I've ever seen. Every ****ing mole hill is a ****ing Everest climb with a fanbase begging for the fail so they can line up in the I-TOLD-YOU-SO line first.

KISS MY ****ING ASS.

Lick it clean until the lymph nodes in your arpits swell up to the size of Carl's ego and Ryan Sims ass.

The only thing more pathetic than our performance on the field over the last few years is the FROG-STYLE quit, surrender, failure-mindset, and 13 year old EMO bull$3it crying you "fans" have managed.

Post of the mother-****ing year.

Bowser
08-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Fair enough.

But when you KNOW it's coming, what the point of whining about it?

Because to some people around here, bitching is like breathing.

A necessity.

Dude, it's what Chiefs fans have become. Few fans understand what it takes to be happy with this team. For YEARS, we armchair QB's have dissected this team up, down, and around, jsut to come to the conclusion that most of these teams are in the "almost, but not quite" mold. It has left us as a bunch of bitterman Debbie Downers. For any good deed pulled by this team, you will find any number of people ready to give you ten reasons why said move sucks. I give credit to this attitude to a lack of winning under Carl Peterson (and please don't say anything about our home winning percentage in the 90's. JFC, I would trade FIVE of those years for two great Super Bowl victories).

Basically, Chiefs fans have a hard time when it comes to being happy because we collectively are sick of hearing about how close we are, and how good it COULD BE. Show us.

KCJohnny
08-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Good idea.

KISS MY ****ING ASS.

Ever thought of writing for Hallmark Greeting cards?

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Actually I think tonight has been more of the posters with a certain adgenda posting tonight, the more I think about it.

The Croyle haters, Herm haters, Gun haters, etc have came out in full force when something went wrong.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:38 PM
what went wrong? this is whats supposed to happen

Mecca
08-23-2008, 10:39 PM
what went wrong? this is whats supposed to happen

Not exactly like that...

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:40 PM
just kidding

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:40 PM
come on mecca you expecteed this right?

Rausch
08-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Not exactly like that...

Nope.

People expected the happy to hit come day one of the rebuild.

Doesn't happen that way.

You spend more years like the texans and Seahawks did before you make good on all your picks and signings.

So we have the crying and moaining for the rebuild followed by the crying and moaning of the pains during one.

No matter the outcome it's a bunch of sissy-bag whining....

Mecca
08-23-2008, 10:43 PM
come on mecca you expecteed this right?

If you're asking me if I expect them to be bad yea, looking that bad against the Dolphins no...

It's not wins and losses it's about how the players look and develop...if there's alot of what we saw tonight then I'm not sure if this season nets us much progress it could set the process back a year.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:44 PM
well we ARE in on a 50 year plan...

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Nope.

People expected the happy to hit come day one of the rebuild.

Doesn't happen that way.

You spend more years like the texans and Seahawks did before you make good on all your picks and signings.

So we have the crying and moaining for the rebuild followed by the crying and moaning of the pains during one.

No matter the outcome it's a bunch of sissy-bag whining....

Don't get in this freight train's way, he's picking up steam...

alanm
08-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Could they sure.....it's why I thought people were getting ahead of themselves when they were like "oh Atlanta is a win" we are every bit as bad as them so who knows what can happen.
I'm fairly certain at the moment that Matt Ryan is a better QB than Croyle. I could be wrong though but even the Atlanta game no longer looks like a gimme. :shake:

alanm
08-23-2008, 11:34 PM
We beat the Bears.

So, I guess Bears fans ought to be leaping from their skyscrapers right about now.
To tell you the truth I don't know what to make of the game tonight. Sure we have a shit load of guys missing that will be playing once the season starts. And the defense didn't get any help from the offense or ST play so I'm going to cut the defense some slack.
But there is no denying that the offense needs some serious help on the O line. The loss tonight goes strictly on the offense. They didn't look too bad when they ran the ball but in pass protection they blew serious chunkage.
Maybe they ought to put Thigpen in and run the wishbone or triple option.:spock:
They better have guys manning the phones the next couple of days looking for any offensive lineman that hits the waiver wire.

TEX
08-23-2008, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=FringeNC;4939778]If so, what does that say about Herm and Carl and the "rebuilding process"?[/QUOTE

They're the wrong people for the job. The Chiefs are the worst team in the league.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm fairly certain at the moment that Matt Ryan is a better QB than Croyle. I could be wrong though but even the Atlanta game no longer looks like a gimme. :shake:

Nah that's impossible remember all the post about how Ryan was no better than Croyle before the draft?

Sure-Oz
08-23-2008, 11:37 PM
what'll happen is croyle will have a solid 1st qtr vs stlouis and we'll think we can win 9 games again

alanm
08-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Nah that's impossible remember all the post about how Ryan was no better than Croyle before the draft?
We're never going to know what Croyle can do if they can't protect him any longer than 3 seconds. Hell that's barely a 3 step drop.

Zouk
08-23-2008, 11:50 PM

The Dolphins added more veteran players (14) than any other team in football this offseason:

Chad Pennington
Josh McCown
Boomer Grigsby
Ernest Wilford
Anthony Fasano
Justin Smiley
Jason Ferguson
Randy Starks
Charlie Anderson
Akin Ayodele
Reggie Torbor
Nathan Jones
Chris Crocker
Keith Davis

The Chiefs, on the other hand, let 20 veterans go and added only 3 veterans likely to make the team:

Devard Darling
Wade Smith
Demorrio Williams

It is not news that the Chiefs with all of their young guys are going to start slow. The test of whether the rebuild is working will be in the 2nd half of the year. 6 wins is still a reasonable dividing line between success and failure for this year.

thurman merman
08-23-2008, 11:53 PM
everybody will be better than the chiefs in the regular season.

RedNeckRaider
08-24-2008, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=Zouk;4940665]The Dolphins added more veteran players (14) than any other team in football this offseason:

Chad Pennington
Josh McCown
Boomer Grigsby
Ernest Wilford
Anthony Fasano
Justin Smiley
Jason Ferguson
Randy Starks
Charlie Anderson
Akin Ayodele
Reggie Torbor
Nathan Jones
Chris Crocker
Keith Davis

QUOTE]

:rolleyes: There is an allpro list

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=Zouk;4940665]The Dolphins added more veteran players (14) than any other team in football this offseason:

Chad Pennington
Josh McCown
Boomer Grigsby
Ernest Wilford
Anthony Fasano
Justin Smiley
Jason Ferguson
Randy Starks
Charlie Anderson
Akin Ayodele
Reggie Torbor
Nathan Jones
Chris Crocker
Keith Davis

QUOTE]

I see at least 6 names on that list that would be instant starters in KC.

ChiefsCountry
08-24-2008, 12:09 AM

Chad Pennington
Josh McCown
Boomer Grigsby
Ernest Wilford
Anthony Fasano
Justin Smiley
Jason Ferguson
Randy Starks
Charlie Anderson
Akin Ayodele
Reggie Torbor
Nathan Jones
Chris Crocker
Keith Davis

QUOTE]

No but there is at least 6 quality NFL starters who should make that team better.

Mecca
08-24-2008, 12:09 AM
6.....maybe half that, wins for the season that is not quality players on that list.

RedNeckRaider
08-24-2008, 12:12 AM
6.....maybe half that, wins for the season that is not quality players on that list. Agree starters on a team that went 1-15 yeah there might be 6. That said the are 0 difference makers.

ChiefsCountry
08-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Agree starters on a team that went 1-15 yeah there might be 6. That said the are 0 difference makers.

How many difference makers can you really get in today's free agency? None really. What they got where guys who can fill out in the Parcell system mold.

Rausch
08-24-2008, 12:15 AM

I don't know it as fact but I'd bet you Dorsey was more Carl than Herm.

I honestly think Herm wanted Ryan...Just me.

Mecca
08-24-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't know it as fact but I'd bet you Dorsey was more Carl than Herm.

I honestly think Herm wanted Ryan...Just me.

I don't have a problem with that pick, we'll probably be in position for a QB next year if things get to that.

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Agree starters on a team that went 1-15 yeah there might be 6. That said the are 0 difference makers.

Pennington = HUGE upgrade over John Beck.

Smiley = Upgrade over Liweinsky

Wilford = Upgrade over Greg Camirillo

Fasono > David Martin

Do I need to go on?

ChiefsCountry
08-24-2008, 12:18 AM
Add Ferguson, Starks and Akin Ayodele who are Parcell system guys.

RedNeckRaider
08-24-2008, 12:20 AM
How many difference makers can you really get in today's free agency? None really. What they got where guys who can fill out in the Parcell system mold.

There are impact players to be had, but in most cases you over pay. You brought up why Miami will be better and he does not wear a helmet. Leadership is the key and the team I root for no longer has it, nor does the Chiefs.

Rausch
08-24-2008, 12:20 AM
I don't have a problem with that pick, we'll probably be in position for a QB next year if things get to that.

All the more reason I think Herm wanted Ryan.

There is no QB to pick next year...

RedNeckRaider
08-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Pennington = HUGE upgrade over John Beck.

Smiley = Upgrade over Liweinsky

Wilford = Upgrade over Greg Camirillo

Fasono > David Martin

Do I need to go on?

1-15 need I go on?

Smed1065
08-24-2008, 12:21 AM

Do not inject facts!

90% wanted a rebuild but miss 8 and 8.

They need to see we are 0-0 right now, fuk them.

Skip is here in my sig.

http://scosoft.com/h/k/5f9c66c6.gif

Mecca
08-24-2008, 12:22 AM
All the more reason I think Herm wanted Ryan.

There is no QB to pick next year...

I disagree with that actually...

I think there will be 4 guys with 1st round grades depending on who comes out..

But Cullen Harper and Matt Stafford will be top 15 picks unless something extremely unforseen happens maybe even top 10. Harper very much reminds me of Ryan in the way he's being rated before this season....

I think either of those guys would be solid choices for the team, just no Tebow who I think some team will take in the 1st.

Smed1065
08-24-2008, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE=RedNeckRaider;4940733]

No but there is at least 6 quality NFL starters who should make that team better.

This year!

Hell I could make then better after last year...

http://scosoft.com/h/i/6be6c2f5.gif

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 12:24 AM
1-15 need I go on?

They won't be 1-15 THIS year, to some degree because of those players that were listed...

Smed1065
08-24-2008, 12:25 AM
I disagree with that actually...

I think there will be 4 guys with 1st round grades depending on who comes out..

But Cullen Harper and Matt Stafford will be top 15 picks unless something extremely unforseen happens maybe even top 10. Harper very much reminds me of Ryan in the way he's being rated before this season....

I think either of those guys would be solid choices for the team, just no Tebow who I think some team will take in the 1st.

I am not a big college fan but Stafford or bust.

Like we will need a backup.........Croyle might be injury prone, but he is tuff.

RedNeckRaider
08-24-2008, 12:26 AM
[QUOTE=ChiefsCountry;4940741]

This year!

Hell I could make then better after last year...

http://scosoft.com/h/i/6be6c2f5.gif

You miss quoted me! that was someone else. Here is my quote "Agree starters on a team that went 1-15 yeah there might be 6. That said the are 0 difference makers."

ChiefsCountry
08-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Cullen Harper will be the #1 quarterback taken this year. Bank on it. Another name as a sleeper to watch is Slo Glo from K-State.

Mecca
08-24-2008, 12:27 AM
I am not a big college fan but Stafford or bust.

Like we will need a backup.........Croyle might be injury prone, but he is tuff.

Stafford weighs 240lbs he isn't remotely built like Croyle and all of his injuries have been minor, nothing major.

RedNeckRaider
08-24-2008, 12:28 AM
They won't be 1-15 THIS year, to some degree because of those players that were listed...

The next car that drives by would be an upgrade from last year. The reason the will improve is the tuna.

Mecca
Cullen Harper will be the #1 quarterback taken this year. Bank on it. Another name as a sleeper to watch is Slo Glo from K-State.

He'd be smart to wait another year. Freeman will make scouts drool and will have a chance to rocket up the board, he'd be better served not coming out till the year after.

Freeman will stand in at 6'5 or 6'6 and show his huge arm.....I almost certainly think he's at worst a 1st round pick.

Smed1065
There are impact players to be had, but in most cases you over pay. You brought up why Miami will be better and he does not wear a helmet. Leadership is the key and the team I root for no longer has it, nor does the Chiefs.

Over pay is right.

See salary cap this year for the bestes.

You are a good poster but the vile I heard earlier has to be rectified.

http://scosoft.com/h/n/448ec9ec.gif

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 12:29 AM
The next car that drives by would be an upgrade from last year. The reason the will improve is the tuna.

:rolleyes:

RedNeckRaider
08-24-2008, 12:31 AM
:rolleyes:

ROFL Really you think that list of dumps is the reason they will turn it around?

Smed1065
08-24-2008, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE=Smed1065;4940782]

You miss quoted me! that was someone else. Here is my quote "Agree starters on a team that went 1-15 yeah there might be 6. That said the are 0 difference makers."

Yes I miss quoted you.

I was trying to quote BCC.

Almost sorry.

:)

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 12:44 AM
Yes, the Dolphins will be better than the Chiefs this year.

PS - It's called rebuilding for a reason.

The team has to be rebuilt from the ground up.