PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs fans are sick of 9-7, want to rebuild and go with youth

Boris The Great
08-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Judging by the posts around here, it only took 3 preseason games for all that stuff to be exposed as a lie. Oh, its fun to talk about in the offseason, but as soon as the team looks bad, its back to the same old meltdowns.

I had my money on week two of the regular season before people started freaking out that the team hadnt suddenly become great overnight. I guess I underestimated everyone.

Gotta give credit to Carl, he certainly knows his audience. If he had his way, they would have loaded up on some vet free agents and we probably could have walked out of this third preseason game with a win.

Got a big told you so coming from him, I bet.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2008, 09:20 PM
:)

Mecca
08-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Dude people say that but the truth is most don't have the stomach for actually rebuilding...the people who say it and mean it are the minority.

Also part of rebuilding isn't thinking every young player you throw out there on the field is your next franchise player or "something of the future"

dirk digler
08-23-2008, 09:23 PM
I am not freaking out because I knew for the most part this team was going to suck. The first pre-season game kind of changed my opinion but I am back thinking this team will be the worst team in the NFL this season

BigRock
08-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Dude people say that but the truth is most don't have the stomach for actually rebuilding...the people who say it and mean it are the minority.

I SAID IT AND I MEAN IT

WHO'S WITH ME

(crickets chirping)

:(

BigRock
08-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Random observation: when 3 of the first 4 posters in a thread are wrestling thread posters, that's a good thread.

blueballs
08-23-2008, 09:26 PM
do you ever set back and read
and take into consideration those who only post
what get's the biggest reaction -and if you think it's just trolls your and idiot

DaKCMan AP
Random observation: when 3 of the first 4 posters in a thread are wrestling thread posters, that's a good thread.

**** wrestling and **** "true fans"

Coach
Boris, I knew this team will be a very bad football team when the pre-season started. I think what really bothers me the most is that I haven't seen any improvement from either the offense or the defense. Hell it seems that special teams actually gotten worse.

This is not a good sign for a rebuilding team to start off well in the opening drive in Chicago, and all of a sudden, just gets worse.

CupidStunt
08-23-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm cool. Just hoping the GM/coach/QB transition comes in 2009 instead of '10, but Hunt's a stingy bastard so I won't hold my breath.

JuicesFlowing
08-23-2008, 09:27 PM
I was annoyed tonight, but I didn't blame Croyle, Herm, or Carl (the common scapegoats ...)

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 09:29 PM
I SAID IT AND I MEAN IT

WHO'S WITH ME

(crickets chirping)

I'm with you.

I think there's about 10 of us, total.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 09:30 PM
I was annoyed tonight, but I didn't blame Croyle, Herm, or Carl (the common scapegoats ...)

So who did you blame?

KCUnited
08-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I expected the D to be bad, and I think it will be worse than what we've seen so far. But this offense looked the same to me, dump offs, short passes, runs that go nowhere. I know our Oline sucks, but what disappoints me, the same old shit. Miami didn't have to game plan, they already knew. Too me this wasn't youth, it was no talent.

Smed1065
I SAID IT AND I MEAN IT

WHO'S WITH ME

(crickets chirping)

Are we going by weight, if so 2... If not just 1 more.

Mecca
I'm with you.

I think people know I'm fine. I'm not even remotely flipping out.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 09:33 PM

??

meaning a long haired?

Your fine-WTF

OnTheWarpath58

You're part of that group.

You, Me, BR, Milkman, ChiefsCountry, Rausch.

A bit too much whiskey tonight to come up with more...

Bacon Cheeseburger
I wasn't aware that "rebuilding" meant "totally sucking ass in every aspect of the game". Thanks for clearing that up.

Rausch

You don't flip out a douchebag, you throw it out with the other garbage...

Mecca
08-23-2008, 09:35 PM
You don't flip out a douchebag, you throw it out with the other garbage...

Did you sit on the wrong end of the bar stool tonight?

DaKCMan AP
You're part of that group.

You, Me, BR, Milkman, ChiefsCountry, Rausch.

A bit too much whiskey tonight to come up with more...

Yes. You are the ONLY people who want a rebuild. :rolleyes:

JASONSAUTO
wow rausch you ok?

Rausch
08-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Did you sit on the wrong end of the bar stool tonight?

I'm sick of crybaby-reactionist-bellyaching and your ME-ME-ME garbage as the cherry on top.

I don't think KC will make the playoffs.

I don't think Herm/Carl should be here after this year without that playoff spot.

I don't think that figuring out year 3 what should have been done day 1 should keep you your job.

Bwana
08-23-2008, 09:39 PM
I fully expected us to suck eggs and have called an 4-12 season for two months, but when you get spanked by the fish, it makes a guy a little jiggy. :)

Mecca
08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Um I don't really think we disagree on to many things so I find this odd but hey to each their own.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 09:41 PM
you need someone to watch over you rausch??/

KCTitus
08-23-2008, 09:42 PM
someone stocked the pond with genious...quick someone give me a pole...I want to reel some biguns in...

KCUnited
08-23-2008, 09:42 PM
I wasn't aware that "rebuilding" meant "totally sucking ass in every aspect of the game". Thanks for clearing that up.

no shit.

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Yes. You are the ONLY people who want a rebuild. :rolleyes:

WANT a rebuild?

Or are actually WILLING to accept the pains of going through said rebuild?

There is a difference, as Mecca pointed out.

Judging by the common themes in posts/threads tonight, it's painfully obvious that the people who are willing to accept the growing pains are outnumbered 20-1 around here.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2008, 09:45 PM
WANT a rebuild?

Or are actually WILLING to accept the pains of going through said rebuild?

There is a difference, as Mecca pointed out.

Judging by the common themes in posts/threads tonight, it's painfully obvious that the people who are willing to accept the growing pains are outnumbered 20-1 around here.

Outnumbered? Probably. But it's not like you all are the Ocean's-6 - the few, the strong the WILLING. There are many others that realize what a rebuild means and can withstand growing pains. Much of it is the "true fans" make a lot of noise.

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Outnumbered? Probably. But it's not like you all are the Ocean's-6 - the few, the strong the WILLING. There are many others that realize what a rebuild means and can withstand growing pains. Much of it is the "true fans" make a lot of noise.

Hey, I pointed out in my post that there were more that feel this way, but I'll be damned if I'm going to remember them all.

Point is, they (we) are in the vast MINORITY.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Hey, I pointed out in my post that there were more that feel this way, but I'll be damned if I'm going to remember them all.

Point is, they (we) are in the vast MINORITY.

That's because alot of fans just wanna sit down and have a good time on Sunday and 9-7 and winning the home games does that for them. Doing what it takes to be the best team requires risk and some bad years.....there were some posters here that admitted they didn't want to rebuild because they feared the 80's.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 09:52 PM
That's because alot of fans just wanna sit down and have a good time on Sunday and 9-7 and winning the home games does that for them. Doing what it takes to be the best team requires risk and some bad years.....there were some posters here that admitted they didn't want to rebuild because they feared the 80's.

were you around here in the 80s?

MadMax
08-23-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm with you.

Umm, I'm in for the long haul,, Just hate being dominated by a bad team.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 09:54 PM
were you around here in the 80s?

I was a child in the 80's hell I was born in 80.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 09:55 PM
if you didnt live(or should i say die) with the chiefs in the 80's then you cant talk about that time

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 09:55 PM
we should FEAR the 80s all over again

FAX
08-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Did you hear Herm's post game interviews, Mr. Boris The Great? Even Herm of "It's Okay" fame sounded depressed and flustrated. He termed tonight's performance as a "setback".

That's exactly what you don't want - sure, you're going to have inconsistent play and, more often than not, some really boneheaded performances. Tonight, however, was an example of a team that played poorly in practically every aspect of the sport.

If Herm is disappointed (and, need I remind you that this is his plan), I would think that the fans have every right to be also.

FAX

Tiger's Fan
08-23-2008, 09:59 PM
You don't get rid of your best player and get better on that side of the ball. (I know why you think he left, thats not important) Reality bites.

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Umm, I'm in for the long haulHello - commatard on the loose. Just hate being dominated by a bad team.

First, get used to it. It's going to happen a lot this year, and it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Second, Miami is, and WAS, even last year, a better team than us.

We have the least amount of talent in the league, save maybe Atlanta.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:00 PM
we will MURDER atlanta

blueballs
08-23-2008, 10:04 PM
First, get used to it. It's going to happen a lot this year, and it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Have you ever considered going ALL CAPS

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:05 PM
**** you noballs

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Have you ever considered going ALL CAPS

ROFL

negative.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:08 PM
dont **** with me ive been civil but dont be an asshole noballs

TEX
08-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Judging by the posts around here, it only took 3 preseason games for all that stuff to be exposed as a lie. Oh, its fun to talk about in the offseason, but as soon as the team looks bad, its back to the same old meltdowns.

I had my money on week two of the regular season before people started freaking out that the team hadnt suddenly become great overnight. I guess I underestimated everyone.

Gotta give credit to Carl, he certainly knows his audience. If he had his way, they would have loaded up on some vet free agents and we probably could have walked out of this third preseason game with a win.

The thing is if you rebuild with the wrong coach and GM you never get there...

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:09 PM
only reason i went all caps was to **** with you guys and wow how well it worked. keep talking stupid and it gets worse

blueballs
08-23-2008, 10:10 PM
WHAT

TEX
08-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Did you hear Herm's post game interviews, Mr. Boris The Great? Even Herm of "It's Okay" fame sounded depressed and flustrated. He termed tonight's performance as a "setback".

That's exactly what you don't want - sure, you're going to have inconsistent play and, more often than not, some really boneheaded performances. Tonight, however, was an example of a team that played poorly in practically every aspect of the sport.

If Herm is disappointed (and, need I remind you that this is his plan), I would think that the fans have every right to be also.

FAX

Very well said. Herm even said that we would see where we were after tonight. We have been going backwards all preseason. Kind of like last regular season. :hmmm:

CosmicPal
08-23-2008, 10:11 PM
only reason i went all caps was to **** with you guys and wow how well it worked. keep talking stupid and it gets worse

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6cxNR9ML8k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6cxNR9ML8k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:12 PM
WHAT

like i said no f***inballs=you dumbass

Rausch
08-23-2008, 10:13 PM
if you didnt live(or should i say die) with the chiefs in the 80's then you cant talk about that time

You're going to be fun...

Tiger's Fan
The thing is if you rebuild with the wrong coach and GM you never get there...

Yep. But they're bad enough to get us some more high draft picks before they're run out of town. I know, my cup is half full of cyanide.

JASONSAUTO
You're going to be fun...

what's that mean rausch?? iwas here through all that time

blueballs
08-23-2008, 10:15 PM
like i said no f***in ball=you dumbass

Both my parents were mentally retarded
I don't find those commets at all civil
the mods should ban your ass

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:16 PM
look man dont talk shit like i said the other day YOU WOULDNT SAY THAT TO MY FACE SO DONT SAY IT HERE NOBALLS

blueballs
08-23-2008, 10:17 PM
don't go making flippant remarks about the less unable to learned

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:18 PM
you are less unable to be learned.
BTW i have a mentally disabled daughter and she would think you have noballs

blueballs
08-23-2008, 10:19 PM
this conversation is over
you're not boring me into submission

MadMax

I am and was used to it I think maybe you misread me. Jeez I sound retarded now :(

FAX
I guess I'm not following the logic here. If Mr. blueballs has no balls, why are they blue? Does he keep them in a freezer? Has he strangled them and left them in a ditch down by the river? And, if they are in his freezer, does he technically not still possess them? Make some sense, for God's sake.

FAX

Rausch
08-23-2008, 10:20 PM
what's that mean rausch?? iwas here through all that time

What time?

What are you trying to say?

JASONSAUTO

you started on me asshole not the other way around

OnTheWarpath58
I am a was used to it I think maybe you misread me.

Very possible, with the amount of Irish Whiskey in my bloodstream right now...

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:21 PM
What time?

What are you trying to say?

through the 80's which was what we were talking about

Mr. Laz
08-23-2008, 10:22 PM
there is a difference between

rebuilding a team

and

rebuilding a team after 15 years of being mediocre

**** Carl ....... and Boris [/edit]and OnTheWarpath58

CosmicPal
I guess I'm not following the logic here. If Mr. blueballs has no balls, why are they blue? Does he keep them in a freezer? Has he strangled them and left them in a ditch down by the river? And, if they are in his freezer, does he technically not still possess them? Make some sense, for God's sake.

FAX

:hmmm:

We should discuss this further. Some other time.

Right now, I just want to drink my drink and watch the fist fights fall where they may.

Rausch

I plan to quote this, save this, and use this frequently...

MadMax
08-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Very possible, with the amount of Irish Whiskey in my bloodstream right now...

Hah that makes us equal... :)

FAX

rebuilding a team

and

**** Carl ....... and Boris

That would make him Boris The F*cked. Quite a demotion, I'd say.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58

rebuilding a team

and

**** Carl ....... and Boris

Only to you, the king ****ing whiner of ChiefsPlanet.

I guess since they didn't take this approach 15 years ago, they should NEVER try to rebuild?

Makes sense...

:spock:

Mr. Laz
08-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Only to you, the king ****ing whiner of ChiefsPlanet.

I guess since they didn't take this approach 15 years ago, they should NEVER try to rebuild?

Makes sense...

:spock:
lol .... i post here like twice a week nowadays and i'm king of the whiners? :spock:

you're right ... let me fix my post

Rausch
08-23-2008, 10:26 PM
through the 80's which was what we were talking about

There was no "here" in the 80's.

There was cable and sparce VCR's.

So I don't get to chime in because I didn't regularly follow the team until 89?

Argue that point. Give it some thought.

I'm in the mood...

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:28 PM
there was here in the 80's. i went to many games between 84 and 89 when the team sucked but me and my old man had lots of fun still maybe thats why im always so optimistic.
the reason i said that was because mecca brought it up and people who wernt there dont understand how bad it really was

Mr. Laz
08-23-2008, 10:29 PM
there is almost a big difference between

rebuild a team

and

rebuilding a team after you lied to,disrespected and basically taken a dump on the fan base for 15 years.

besides ... rebuilding doesn't = completely sucks

rebuilding only = completely sucks if you have screwed things up completely to start with

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:30 PM
my old man has lots of vcr tapes of games throughout the 80's btw he's even got all 7 games of the 85 world series which he was at game 7

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 10:33 PM
there is almost a big difference between

rebuild a team

and

rebuilding a team after you lied to,disrespected and basically taken a dump on the fan base for 15 years.

besides ... rebuilding doesn't = completely sucks

rebuilding only = completely sucks if you have screwed things up completely to start with

Great fix. Not sure how you did it while nailed up on the cross...

Again, not sure what the past has to do with the rebuilding efforts now, other than giving you something else to bitch about.

And yeah, rebuilding unfortunately means you're gonna suck for a bit. Feel free to give me an example of all those team that gutted their roster to begin a rebuilding process that was successful right out of the gate.

Boris The Great
09-14-2008, 02:25 PM

DAMN, I would have cashed in big time. Freaking Miami game.

T-post Tom
09-14-2008, 02:34 PM

You missed the big picture, Boris. Rebuilding is okay. Playing young players is acceptable. Stupid play-calling, poor game management, unprepared players, quarterback roulette, and crappy personnel/depth chart decisions are NOT okay or acceptable. Especially when they become the norm and not the exception. I didn't expect greatness...but I didn't expect total ineptness either. The FO & coaching staff have failed in epic measures. 11 straight losses is unacceptable.