PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dayum, It's gonna be a long frickin' season....

Braincase
08-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Just got done watching the game on the DVR. Right now I'm really glad I've got other teams to root for.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-23-2008, 10:40 PM
I love Herm

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 10:41 PM
C'mon, dude.

You knew this well before you watched this game...

Bwana
08-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Indeed it is, but at least most of us know it's coming.

KCUnited
08-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Honestly, I didn't think I'd be that bad. I'm cool with bad, but tuning in, I didn't think I'd be that bad. I honestly expected more.

PastorMikH
08-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Relax guys, this is just a setup job. What we saw in the first drive of the first game was the reality. Everything sense, the supposed mistakes that led to penalties, the turnovers, drops, missed tackles, and so on is to make New England feel so confident that they can win that they decide to let Brady heal one more game. Then we POUNCE!

Right? RIGHT????????

alanm
08-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Just got done watching the game on the DVR. Right now I'm really glad I've got other teams to root for.
I was going to watch it in the morning because I watched most of it streamed tonight but the picture was kinda choppy. I was going to pay close attention to the line play on both sides of the ball and watch the DB's but this game is one to throw away. I know their not as bad as they showed tonight and I also know that their not a potential WC challenger. What I do know is I'm going to be seeing endless mock draft scenarios this season.:spock:

KCUnited
08-23-2008, 10:52 PM
I was going to watch it in the morning because I watched most of it streamed tonight but the picture was kinda choppy. I was going to pay close attention to the line play on both sides of the ball and watch the DB's but this game is one to throw away. I know their not as bad as they showed tonight and I also know that their not a potential WC challenger. What I do know is I'm going to be seeing endless mock draft scenarios this season.:spock:

It was terrible, but I'll watch it again at least twice before Thursday just to see what turds stunk the worst. Plus, its always nice to know what your talking about come tomorrow.

alanm
08-23-2008, 10:55 PM
It was terrible, but I'll watch it again at least twice before Thursday just to see what turds stunk the worst. Plus, its always nice to know what your talking about come tomorrow.
A lot of the turds that left shit stains on the field won't be employed come Thursday. :shake:

CosmicPal
08-23-2008, 10:56 PM
It's only a long season if you expect too much out of it.

KCwolf
08-23-2008, 10:57 PM
As God awful as it was....it didn't count. Period.
Not to say we don't get drilled by 40 week #1 ... but as of now...we're 0-0

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 11:00 PM
It's only a long season if you expect too much out of it.

I'll take "People who ****ing get it" for $1000, Alex.

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2008, 11:01 PM
This place is going to be a weekly meltdown.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 11:02 PM

Well atleast we can get some amusement out of the season?

Rausch
08-23-2008, 11:03 PM

For some a beatdown.

Some get sick of the way things sometimes turn and get turned off.

Some get louder...:evil:

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2008, 11:04 PM

From the posters on here for sure, I think our young talent will be fun to watch. They will have games like tonight where they look like shit, yet other weeks they will look like Super Bowl champs.

evolve27
08-23-2008, 11:07 PM

At least I have chicken.

Rausch
08-23-2008, 11:08 PM
From the posters on here for sure, I think our young talent will be fun to watch. They will have games like tonight where they look like shit, yet other weeks they will look like Super Bowl champs.

There you go.

We do have some amazing talent. It won't show every week because mistakes will be made. Coverages missed, holes not seen, weakness in a defense not exploited by the QB.

But I think we have something wonderful to look forward to...

http://celluloidheroreviews.com/images/2010.jpg

CosmicPal
08-23-2008, 11:12 PM

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/polar-meltdown-gal-wildlife.jpg

Mecca
08-23-2008, 11:13 PM

Yea people just need to relax, it's one thing to make posts and talk about how you don't think a player has it or isn't developing or is developing very slowly or something like that.

But I don't wanna see any threads about how we should have signed Olineman and that's why we suck or something stupid like that.

TEX
08-23-2008, 11:15 PM
I love Herm

Me too!

CosmicPal
08-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Yea people just need to relax, it's one thing to make posts and talk about how you don't think a player has it or isn't developing or is developing very slowly or something like that.

But I don't wanna see any threads about how we should have signed Olineman and that's why we suck or something stupid like that.

We should bring Jeff George out of retirement.

:D

TEX
08-23-2008, 11:16 PM
There you go.

We do have some amazing talent. It won't show every week because mistakes will be made. Coverages missed, holes not seen, weakness in a defense not exploited by the QB.

But I think we have something wonderful to look forward to...

http://celluloidheroreviews.com/images/2010.jpg

I'm more amazed by the lack of talent and coaching. It's not fun to watch.

chiefs1111
08-23-2008, 11:17 PM

Oh,but you will,believe me.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 11:17 PM
This place is going to be a daily meltdown.

Even tho they think they invented a rebuild. This means losing more than 8 games? Fuk it then...

FYP.

Rausch
08-23-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm more amazed by the lack of talent and coaching. It's not fun to watch.

I think your posts lack burst, but I'm not here to nit-pick.

We're rebuilding, fanbase and all...

Mecca
08-23-2008, 11:19 PM
For anyone that doesn't understand how bad the team is or what spot they're in..

I'd sit them down with a copy of madden or head coach in franchise made and tell em to have at it and see how many games they win and how many seasons it takes before their teams talent rating is in the 90's...that should give even an average Joe fan of the work that needs to be done and how far away we are.

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2008, 11:19 PM

Actually the team wants to rebuild the season ticket base in all honsety as well - they want the baby boomers out and Gen X and Gen Y in there place.

CosmicPal
08-23-2008, 11:20 PM
God forbid, there's enough threads on here tonight, so I don't want to start another one.

Since I didn't get to see the game, can someone at least tell me how Dorsey did tonight? The starting D-Line with Dorsey, Tank, and Turk? Did they all look like rookies, or did they show some promise?

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 11:21 PM
For anyone that doesn't understand how bad the team is or what spot they're in..

I'd sit them down with a copy of madden or head coach in franchise made and tell em to have at it and see how many games they win and how many seasons it takes before their teams talent rating is in the 90's...that should give even an average Joe fan of the work that needs to be done and how far away we are.

Dear God.

Please don't. There are already too many intellectually bankrupt people here who think running a NFL team is as easy as playing Madden.

Trade LJ?

Hell, I can get 3 OL over 80 for him, why won't Carl trade him?

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Actually the team wants to rebuild the season ticket base in all honsety as well - they want the baby boomers out and Gen X and Gen Y in there place.

If this place is at all representative of how most "fans" think, then can you really blame them?

Mecca
08-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Dear God.

Please don't. There are already too many intellectually bankrupt people here who think running a NFL team is as easy as playing Madden.

Trade LJ?

I should have put realistically play.......give them head coach it won't let you make trades like that....and if you sign to many FA's you'll be in cap hell on that game.

Rausch
08-23-2008, 11:27 PM

It will never happen.

The Baby Boomers remember when KC was good and want to hold on to that belief that....somehow......someway....we manage.

In their time we did.

Gen X and Y will never buy tickets or care. They haven't been alive long enough to remember 93 or the great regular seasons of 95 and 97.

We lost, failed, became losers for an entire generation. It's hard to contemplate, but when you think about it a whole generation of kids have grown up with the Chiefs being PISS POOR.

KC never gave them kids a reason to care...

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2008, 11:30 PM
It will never happen.

The Baby Boomers remember when KC was good and want to hold on to that belief that....somehow......someway....we manage.

In their time we did.

Gen X and Y will never buy tickets or care. They haven't been alive long enough to remember 93 or the great regular seasons of 95 and 97.

We lost, failed, became losers for an entire generation. It's hard to contemplate, but when you think about it a whole generation of kids have grown up with the Chiefs being PISS POOR.

KC never gave them kids a reason to care...

Actually you got the time frames wrong. Gen X will remember the 90's teams for sure bc they were in high school, college or getting out of college at that time. Gen Y the earliest of them were starting to watch sports during that time. Its the younger kids yet that havent seen the Chiefs do squat. Also part of the reason why the team kept doing thr 8-8 to 10-6 stuff is bc of the 80's - the Boomers wanted no part of that again.

alanm
08-23-2008, 11:32 PM
God forbid, there's enough threads on here tonight, so I don't want to start another one.

Since I didn't get to see the game, can someone at least tell me how Dorsey did tonight? The starting D-Line with Dorsey, Tank, and Turk? Did they all look like rookies, or did they show some promise?
The defense was actually the lone bright spot in this abortion of a game. They held Miami on 3 downs inside the 1 they got some push up the middle and Dorsey had a few good plays. He's going to be OK. They were up against the wall most of the night because of turnovers and shitty special teams play. Preifer should be on the waiver wire as well Tuesday. The rooks in coverage got burned a few times but that is still to be expected. I think the defense will have to carry this team.

ohiobronco2
08-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Fellas, as a rival fan I don't particularly want to see the Chiefs have any success at all. But I must say you guys just had one hell of a draft. I think you need to get a new GM and coach, but as far as the team is concerned you do have talent in many positions. Frankly, I think you should have a fire sale concerning some of your older players, let Tony go for whatever you can get for him, he's played a long time and deserves to play for a winner. I'm a big believer in running the football and controlling the clock. We all know that starts with the O line, good news is, if you have another crappy season, next years class is loaded with talent. If you are bad enough and could land and Oher/Smith and trade up for Duke, you could be set. Just sayin.

Bugeater
08-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I think your posts lack burst, but I'm not here to nit-pick.

LOL, here we go. This is starting to remind me of what I listened to from a certain group of Nebraska fans for the last four years. "Yeah we suck now but this coaching staff is doing what they need to do to succeed in the future, and if you doubt them you're not a real fan."

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow, no drama here..........

Move on.

I use to think the board wanted to rebuild but Carl seems to be right.

Rausch
08-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Actually you got the time frames wrong. Gen X will remember the 90's teams for sure bc they were in high school, college or getting out of college at that time. Gen Y the earliest of them were starting to watch sports during that time. Its the younger kids yet that havent seen the Chiefs do squat. Also part of the reason why the team kept doing thr 8-8 to 10-6 stuff is bc of the 80's - the Boomers wanted no part of that again.

I guess my little bro was a gen Y (Born 5 an 1/2 years after me) and he's never witnessed a playoff win.

Only the failure, only our frustration, only the complaining that fills this BB.

He doesn't get it. He looks at me like a retard happy to slam his head against the wall until bloody.

I'm just saying that impressions are made as children. You will either tie yourself to an identity or a winner.

For me it started with Bo Jackson. You had to watch, he was just a freak. I happened to watch KC because they played Bo.

Bo NEVER won.

But I got to watch Okoye and Word. I never really saw Okoye run, just piles of Raiders that happened to claim miles riding him for 4 or 5 yards. End of the play he'd trot back to the line and go on.

Blue collar team, blue collar person, blue collar mindset.

Hooked from day 1.

There is no hook now. No draw...

FAX
08-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Gentlemen, although I can certainly understand and relate to the analogy that the Chiefs are, in fact, merely a bunch of turds leaving gobs of sh*t stains on the field, I prefer to think of them as a beautiful flower that is, at this state of maturity, merely a bud which represents that beautiful flower's future potential.

And soon, that little bud will open to reveal the magnificence, splendor, and consumate glory that is our beautiful flower which, as it happens, is actually the grand display of a carnivorous herb which waits until the enemy football team gets close then snaps up the enemy football team with its hideous, scaley, hidden, inner petals and captures the enemy football team in a slimy, unctuous pool of glutinous, viscid mucilage then, through the use of its horrific, poisonous trigger hairs, sucks the very guts out of the enemy football team and digests them with vast secretions of acidic enzymes and lethal, digestive toxens.

FAX

evolve27
08-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Gentlemen, although I can certainly understand and relate to the analogy that the Chiefs are, in fact, merely a bunch of turds leaving gobs of sh*t stains on the field, I prefer to think of them as a beautiful flower that is, at this state of maturity, merely a bud which represents that beautiful flower's future potential.

And soon, that little bud will open to reveal the magnificence, splendor, and consumate glory that is our beautiful flower which, as it happens, is actually the grand display of a carnivorous herb which waits until the enemy football team gets close then snaps up the enemy football team with its hideous, scaley, hidden, inner petals and captures the enemy football team in a slimy, unctuous pool of glutinous, viscid mucilage then, through the use of its horrific, poisonous trigger hairs, sucks the very guts out of the enemy football team and digests them with vast secretions of acidic enzymes and lethal, digestive toxens.

FAX

Dude, sounds more like a man-eating vagina.

FAX
08-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Dude, sounds more like a man-eating vagina.

That would be an improvement over what we put on the field in Miami.

Think of it, Mr. evolve27. 11 man-eating vaginas in red helmets and cleats. Who is going to attempt to block 11 man-eating vaginas? Who is going to try and tackle 11 man-eating vaginas? Who, in their right mind would make even the slightest effort to take the ball away from 11 man-eating vaginas? Nobody, that's who. 11 man-eating vaginas would strike mortal terror into the faint hearts of the AFC. I like it.

FAX

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 12:35 AM

Think of it, Mr. evolve27. 11 man-eating vaginas in red helmets and cleats. Who is going to attempt to block 11 man-eating vaginas? Who is going to try and tackle 11 man-eating vaginas? Who, in their right mind would make even the slightest effort to take the ball away from 11 man-eating vaginas? Nobody, that's who. 11 man-eating vaginas would strike mortal terror into the faint hearts of the AFC. I like it.

FAX

ROFL

KcMizzou
08-24-2008, 06:10 AM
Just got done watching the game on the DVR. Right now I'm really glad I've got other teams to root for.Take heart, man. At least we've got Mizzou.

HonestChieffan
08-24-2008, 07:27 AM
We all know what Herm will bring and we should have enough smarts to not expect very much.

KcMizzou
08-24-2008, 07:29 AM

KC never gave them kids a reason to care...Huh? I hate to break it to ya, but Gen X is older than you think.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Dear God.

Trade LJ?

You mean we won't be able to sign Tom Brady and Larry Fitzgerald in the offseason after thier teams cut them??? :(

milkman
08-24-2008, 07:38 AM

Better close your eyes then.

beach tribe
08-24-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm pissed because it looks like the exact same shit. Designed 5 yrd passes to the RB on third,and 12. I mean COME THE **** ON. You're not even going to try, and convert a 3rd longer than 10 yrds. Brodie, or anyone else will never develop Like that. This team is run by a buch of ****in flag wavers.
I heard all the Dolphins fans laughuing at our play calling. A Jets fan was sitting right next to me , and said watch this he's gonna run up the middle, and laughed in my face when they did. He says enjoy Hermy ball.

J Diddy
08-24-2008, 07:46 AM
You mean we won't be able to sign Tom Brady and Larry Fitzgerald in the offseason after thier teams cut them??? :(

we could trade Bernard Pollard and a 1st, 2nd to get Randy Moss and Brady

J Diddy
08-24-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm pissed because it looks like the exact same shit. Designed 5 yrd passes to the RB on third,and 12. I mean COME THE **** ON. You're not even going to try, and convert a 3rd longer than 10 yrds. Brodie, or anyone else will never develop Like that. This team is run by a buch of ****in flag wavers.

I dunno, all I know is Brodie probably shouldn't give an interview talking about how we're gonna score points and then drop the turd in the punch bowl like this. His mouth set him up to fail.

I didn't watch enough of the game to form an opinion because I didn't want to get all worked up over watching a glorified practice.

KcMizzou
08-24-2008, 07:51 AM
I dunno, all I know is Brodie probably shouldn't give an interview talking about how we're gonna score points and then drop the turd in the punch bowl like this. His mouth set him up to fail.

I didn't watch enough of the game to form an opinion because I didn't want to get all worked up over watching a glorified practice.Wise choice. It was an abortion of a game. Just one of those games where absolutely nothing goes right.

J Diddy
08-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Wise choice. It was an abortion of a game. Just one of those games where absolutely nothing goes right.

Sad thing is Dolphins fans are acting like they just won the superbowl because they dominated a scrimmage. Newsflash after the game we're both still 0-0.

BigRedChief
08-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Sad thing is Dolphins fans are acting like they just won the superbowl because they dominated a scrimmage. Newsflash after the game we're both still 0-0.
If it was turned around we would be doing the same thing.

Baby Lee
08-24-2008, 08:35 AM
At least I have chicken.

You gonna kill it and make chicken salad or feed it and make chicken shit?

PRIEST
08-24-2008, 08:38 AM

Agree :thumb:

Baby Lee
08-24-2008, 08:39 AM
I guess my little bro was a gen Y (Born 5 an 1/2 years after me) and he's never witnessed a playoff win.

Only the failure, only our frustration, only the complaining that fills this BB.

He doesn't get it. He looks at me like a retard happy to slam his head against the wall until bloody.

I'm just saying that impressions are made as children. You will either tie yourself to an identity or a winner.

For me it started with Bo Jackson. You had to watch, he was just a freak. I happened to watch KC because they played Bo.

Bo NEVER won.

But I got to watch Okoye and Word. I never really saw Okoye run, just piles of Raiders that happened to claim miles riding him for 4 or 5 yards. End of the play he'd trot back to the line and go on.

Blue collar team, blue collar person, blue collar mindset.

Hooked from day 1.

There is no hook now. No draw...
And to think, you got hooked on mere mediocrity. We sucked just as bad then, and you slurped it up. ;)

Baby Lee
08-24-2008, 08:41 AM

FAX
Pink Floyd foretold this leviathan in The Wall.

Hollywood tries to explain the 2008 Chiefs

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKTRu4sCAFI&color1=11645361&color2=13619151&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKTRu4sCAFI&color1=11645361&color2=13619151&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>