PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Has the Whole Planet Gone Crazy??!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-23-2008, 11:24 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x311/gaugewater2/1120763562_l.jpg

Everyone knew we were going to suck.

Here's the catch about rebuilding--it gets worse before it gets better. It always does. Suck it up, quit f*cking bitching about it, and reap the rewards, because this is the only way we'll ever win.

Goddamn, I'm really beginning to think that most of the fans of this franchise deserve what they get--impatience and stupidity.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Well some people didn't want to admit that reality, have you seen some of the threads about sneaking up on the Pats? Winning 10 games? Being better than people think?

People want so badly to be optimistic, I understand why but right now being realistic is best or you're going to be pissed off all the time about football.

blueballs
08-23-2008, 11:26 PM
sports is an outlet
men dont cry
but they can throw things

OnTheWarpath58
08-23-2008, 11:27 PM
In the words of the legendary Jack Buck:

"Excuse me while I stand, and applaud."

DaneMcCloud
08-23-2008, 11:33 PM
This team has needed a complete enema since 1998.

Too bad it's 10 years too late.

Count Zarth
08-23-2008, 11:33 PM
This is what happens when you **** a stranger in the ass.

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2008, 11:34 PM

Yep that should have been the year we tore the ship down and rebuilt it.

'Hamas' Jenkins

You are exactly right.

Scorched earth is the only way to go.

CosmicPal

You got laid?

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 11:35 PM

And you say you are a virgin.......

DaneMcCloud
08-23-2008, 11:56 PM
You got laid?

And you say you are a virgin.......

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves...

Top 10 greatest movie ever.

Pablo
08-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Yeah, didn't you get the memo...

We were going to be a Top 10 defense, and probably a Top 15 offense a couple of weeks ago. Shit..after we beat the Bears we were probably looking at a wildcard. Hell, a 9-7 season would have been a major disappointment. LJ was going to rack up 1,400 yards rushing with 15 TD's...Brodie was going to throw for 3,000 yards and 20 TD's..and the Chiefs were going to average better than 24 points a game.

Ah, the good ol' days.

FAX
08-24-2008, 12:25 AM
No, I'm not. No ... I'm not.

FAX

irishjayhawk
08-24-2008, 12:26 AM
No, I'm not. No ... I'm not.

FAX

You got a little fight in ya. I like that.

|Zach|
08-24-2008, 01:14 AM
I understand why

No you don't.

|Zach|
08-24-2008, 01:16 AM
This goes back to a thread I made a while ago, not sure if I got my point across very well.

People say we are rebuilding to get better and that we have to take one step back to go two forward. Fair...I agree.

But a lot of those same people flip shit when we don't win games and the sky is falling.

If this team is losing games but the younger players are getting better. Would you know it??

I don't think many would.

Buehler445
08-24-2008, 01:19 AM
Yeah, man. Anyone that wasn't prepared for a down game or 8 is just ****ed up. There is a lot of potential for great things. There is also a lot of potential for complete ass. If you thought the Chiefs were going to be a solid consistent team, acknowledge your mistake, sit down, get a (case of) beer, and enjoy some football.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Surrsly.

Fish
08-24-2008, 01:23 AM
Ex-peer-E-ence..........

VanDolPhan
08-24-2008, 03:34 AM
Just tough it out. It will get better. Heck I just had to survive a season where we were a missed field goal from 0-16. You'll be horrible this year but I don't see K.C. being as bad. However 2-14 is realistic. There is hope for a turnaround after that as you guys did have a lot of draft choices so hopefully you come out with a few high quality starters and build on that next season. If your looking for any hope just remember Miami's slapped around Jacksonville and Tampa Bay with their first teams on the field. You guys aren't the only ones.

Otter
08-24-2008, 04:10 AM
Agree. If you didn't see a bad season coming I really don't know what to tell you.

The only bad thing is that the guy who got is to this point is the same one doing the rebuilding.

ROFL

Watching the Chiefs is kinda like watching the movie "Groundhog Day".

boogblaster
08-24-2008, 05:41 AM
They will probably win a few more than last year ... As the season progresses they will get better ... Hell I remember going 8-8 years with just a D and a FG kicker ...

ChiefButthurt
08-24-2008, 05:45 AM
Lame excuse.

Someone please tell me what team(s) replicated this feable attempt at football operations? Last 10 to 15 years.....

DaFace
08-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Well some people didn't want to admit that reality, have you seen some of the threads about sneaking up on the Pats? Winning 10 games? Being better than people think?

People want so badly to be optimistic, I understand why but right now being realistic is best or you're going to be pissed off all the time about football.

I wish I'd thought of this before, but I think it would have been fun to start a poll immediately following each game and let it run for 24 hours, asking people to predict our record at the end of the season. Do that for the entire season, then see how the results from each week vary by the results of that week's game.

I'd bet there's a 4-game swing in the average prediction between the first preseason game and this one. For some reason, people get caught up in the results of one game.

Baby Lee
08-24-2008, 08:43 AM
This goes back to a thread I made a while ago, not sure if I got my point across very well.

People say we are rebuilding to get better and that we have to take one step back to go two forward. Fair...I agree.

But a lot of those same people flip shit when we don't win games and the sky is falling.

If this team is losing games but the younger players are getting better. Would you know it??

I don't think many would.
People need to go back and watch Aikman's and Manning's rookie seasons. See what merits as promising and what merits as 'needs work.'

Demonpenz
08-24-2008, 08:54 AM
People are going crazy. I never put too much stock into 1 game..let alone a preseason game. The best teams in the world are going to have a bad game. I will wait to see at game 8 or 9 if it looks like we are heading in the right direction

FringeNC
08-24-2008, 09:09 AM
I think we need to compare ourselves to our peer group -- other shitty teams last year who are rebuilding this year -- periodically during the year. Otherwise, we have no benchmarks if it's a given that we will suck. If SF, Oakland, Miami, NYJ, Atlanta, etc. are playing much better football than we are, that's pretty damning.

siberian khatru
08-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Amen

Anyong Bluth
08-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Couldn't agree more!

I think I'm going to end up being more annoyed with a number of people on here and their asinine "sky is falling" posts than the Chiefs' play this year.

I don't have a single poster on ignore, but Vegas is giving good odds on it happening at some point between now and January.

Just for example, some of the comments about Croyle are retarded. A few people around here need to start watching some games of other NFL teams - esp. ones breaking in new QB's, b/c they look foolish with some of their expectations based on his limited playing time to this point.

Admittedly, I'm rooting for him to do well, but am not claiming or projecting him to be Football Quarterback Jesus. I just think you people need to STFU and give the guy at least a whole season. He's had NO LINE, 1 quality receiver & TE, and a star RB out for most of his starts.

I mean, Jesus, people. Some around here throw out their absurd opinions and negativity with such authority I could swear they are of the opinion they are f'n secret lovechild of Stram & Lombardi.

It's a message board I know and I enjoy a lot of the discourse here, just lately some have sounded ridiculous- like I fully expect Sling Blade to be typing single finger style on the other end.

MMMM 'taters.

Nightfyre
08-24-2008, 01:09 PM
projecting him to be Football Quarterback Jesus.

TAKE US TO THE PROMISED LAND!

Guru
08-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Couldn't agree more!

I think I'm going to end up being more annoyed with a number of people on here and their asinine "sky is falling" posts than the Chiefs' play this year.

I don't have a single poster on ignore, but Vegas is giving good odds on it happening at some point between now and January.

Just for example, some of the comments about Croyle are retarded. A few people around here need to start watching some games of other NFL teams - esp. ones breaking in new QB's, b/c they look foolish with some of their expectations based on his limited playing time to this point.

Admittedly, I'm rooting for him to do well, but am not claiming or projecting him to be Football Quarterback Jesus. I just think you people need to STFU and give the guy at least a whole season. He's had NO LINE, 1 quality receiver & TE, and a star RB out for most of his starts.

I mean, Jesus, people. Some around here throw out their absurd opinions and negativity with such authority I could swear they are of the opinion they are f'n secret lovechild of Stram & Lombardi.

It's a message board I know and I enjoy a lot of the discourse here, just lately some have sounded ridiculous- like I fully expect Sling Blade to be typing single finger style on the other end.

MMMM 'taters.

Everybody loves the taste of chicken though.