PDA

View Full Version : Life So I was the victim of Bank Fraud last week...

Buehler445
08-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah, so I got married. With that came a lot of cards with cash and checks as well as a bunch of bills from the dollar dance (I felt like a stripper). So naturally I go to deposit it in the bank. I had counted it, but used some of it, and frankly was too lazy to count it.

So I go to the bank with my stipper money...err...wedding money in hand. There was also a check in there that wasn't from the wedding. I told the lady to split it out, so I could track it. So the lady counts it, fills out a deposit slip, gives me the carbon copy. Transaction completed.

So the weekend comes, and I am doing my books, and the mother ****ers won't balance. I had input the amounts from the carbon copy, so I could split out the other check. Son of a BITCH it wouldn't balance!! So I rule it down to this deposit, and recalculate like 9,458 times, and still no dice. So I'm like WTF mate?! Finally I look online at the deposit slip. Mother****er, it is $30 short in the cash. So then I print it off and compare it to the original. Sure enough, it is not the one I have.

Bottom line, here is what happened. I go in, get my slip, she throws it away, STEALS MY MONEY, and then fills out another deposit slip. Sounds like a good plan. Excepting of course that there is a copy of precisely what the **** did the first time. Turns out that's fraud. Very nice. Thank you, please come again...

So I go in there. The plan was to find someone in charge and speak directly about the FRAUD that occured. However, all that were around were tellers, so I tell the lady the situation sans the accusation. So she says, "well the gal that did it is right over there, let's ask her." Epic Fail.

So the bitch's excuse was "I wasn't done counting it before he left. I tried to call him, but he didn't answer." What the ghey? You sack of shit. How in the blue **** do I have a DEPOSIT SLIP if you weren't done counting?! So I say I gotta talk to a supervisor or something. She goes back and talks to the supervisor, the supervisor talks to the bitch, and comes out with $30 in cash. She asks me if I want it in cash. HELL NO. I want it deposited like I tried to do prior to the FRAUD.

So I guess they made it right by giving me my money. But I wanted her walked the **** out of my bank because she committed fraud. I seriously doubt they can her, but whatever.

Bottom line, if you deal in cash, keep every bit of documentation you can get. You may need it.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 12:46 AM
I NEVER deal in cash.

Everything is credit card. Airline miles, hotel points, paper trail.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.

evolve27
08-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Effing SOB frauds.

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah, I learned a lesson early on about cash. When I was 19 I was living in an animal house, and I didn't have a checking account since I just gave my share of the bills in cash to my roommates and they paid them.

Except the cable TV, I was the only one who was willing to pay for it so I got it hooked up just in my room and had the bill in my name only. Well one day on the way to work I stopped by the cable company and paid my bill in cash. Then sure enough, about a week later I get a past due notice from the cable company. So I called them and told them I had paid it in cash at x time on x date, and that I could even identify the cashier I paid it to. They basically said tough shit, they couldn't do anything unless I presented a receipt to them.

So I'm thinking, well hell it has to be in my car somewhere, although I didn't specifically remember getting one. No dice, and IIRC I even removed a seat in the car trying to find it as I didn't have the money to pay them again since I was young and dirt poor, and even if I did there was no way I was going to pay a bill again when I knew damn well I already paid it.

So naturally I lost my cable TV shortly there after, and looking back I'm fairly certain that the lady I paid, knowing that I was young and dumb, intentionally didn't give me a receipt, and since I didn't ask for one she knew she could pocket the money and get away with it. It was at that time that I swore I would never give another penny to Cox Communications, and 20 years later, even though they are the biggest cable TV provider in the area, I still never have and never will. **** them.

Buehler445
08-24-2008, 01:10 AM
I NEVER deal in cash.

Everything is credit card. Airline miles, hotel points, paper trail.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.

I didn't have much choice. I think it would lack tact to return gifts. :)

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:11 AM

Nah. My mom was born and raised in Kansas and she does it all the time.

She's 61, BTW.

Fortunately, her son isn't active in that practice but regardless, you'd hardly be the first.

Buehler445
08-24-2008, 01:13 AM

Nah. My mom was born and raised in Kansas and she does it all the time.

She's 61, BTW.

Fortunately, her son isn't active in that practice but regardless, you'd hardly be the first.

Oh yeah, and I'm POOR.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:32 AM
Oh yeah, and I'm POOR.

Sorry, Bro.

You won't be poor forever.

FAX
08-24-2008, 06:35 AM
I hate big fraud.

FAX

Buehler445
08-24-2008, 02:21 PM
I hate big fraud.

FAX

ROFL

That comment begs the question though, she stole $30 from me, not that big of a deal, right? But how many old ladies who can't see well enough to balance their checkbook did she do this to?

I'm an auditor, I can take care of myself, but she could very well be doing this to a number of people that just put their trust in the bank.

I'm considering trying to get an appointment with the Branch Manager to just make him aware of the situation. I have no idea what the bank did about the situation, or even if they recognize it as fraud. My guess is though, that for only $30, the upper end management probably does not know about it.

Here's an interesting statistic for you... The average fraud scheme typically operates for 18 months before it is discovered. That could add up to a lot more than $30. That's why I'm thinking I am going to talk to the Branch Manager about it. What do you guys think?

blueballs
08-24-2008, 02:35 PM
you got married and stop getting blow jobs

Nightfyre
08-24-2008, 02:35 PM
ROFL

That comment begs the question though, she stole $30 from me, not that big of a deal, right? But how many old ladies who can't see well enough to balance their checkbook did she do this to?

I'm an auditor, I can take care of myself, but she could very well be doing this to a number of people that just put their trust in the bank.

I'm considering trying to get an appointment with the Branch Manager to just make him aware of the situation. I have no idea what the bank did about the situation, or even if they recognize it as fraud. My guess is though, that for only $30, the upper end management probably does not know about it.

Here's an interesting statistic for you... The average fraud scheme typically operates for 18 months before it is discovered. That could add up to a lot more than $30. That's why I'm thinking I am going to talk to the Branch Manager about it. What do you guys think?

http://www.aicpa.org/about/code/et_102.html#et_102.02

A member shall be considered to have knowingly misrepresented facts in violation of rule 102 [ET section 102.01] when he or she knowingly—

a. Makes, or permits or directs another to make, materially false and misleading entries in an entity’s financial statements or records;

Maybe a little out of context, but still applicable as written.

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately, I think you're going to have a hard time finding anyone who is going to take this seriously.

kstater
08-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Walk up to her booth. Hand her a note saying to give you your money or else. That should solve it.