PDA

View Full Version : Football The Difference between Parcells and Peterson as..

Chiefshrink
08-24-2008, 12:45 AM
GM's. This game showed you the difference in KNOWING how to rebuild in just a short amount of time. Granted both teams are in rebuild mode but you would think the Chiefs would be a couple of steps ahead in the process. Parcells knows how to put winning teams on the field covering everything from the front office receptionist down to the waterboy. Parcells isn't afraid of what local or national media, or fans think and will make the tough decisions. Parcells know how to win in the NFL, Peterson just thinks he knows. :banghead: Ok there I did it, blaming Carl for this game:doh!:

Chiefshrink
08-24-2008, 12:46 AM
I should have said, Presidents of both teams, sorry. We all know who calls the shots for both teams.

boogblaster
08-24-2008, 06:11 AM
Parcells = Football ... Peterson = Foot-in-mouth .....

KcMizzou
08-24-2008, 06:17 AM
I think the possibility exists, that we might be overreacting to this game. I'm not saying we'll be good... just that I don't think we're as bad as we showed last night.

Personally, I'd step down off the ledge, (Ledger?) lower my expectations a bit, and enjoy football season.

milkman
08-24-2008, 06:35 AM
I think the possibility exists, that we might be overreacting to this game. I'm not saying we'll be good... just that I don't think we're as bad as we showed last night.

Personally, I'd step down off the ledge, (Ledger?) lower my expectations a bit, and enjoy football season.

You're new here, aren't you?

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-24-2008, 07:18 AM
You really think the Dolphins are going to be that good just because they beat us in a preseaon game...........OK

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 07:24 AM
the difference between the two in this instance is that parcells brought in veterans who have played in the nfl(most for him) and we went with a total youth movement.

J Diddy
08-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Guys it's the preseason.

Let the season start first before you declare it over.

Jesus, drink some antacid.

J Diddy
08-24-2008, 07:38 AM
the difference between the two in this instance is that parcells brought in veterans who have played in the nfl(most for him) and we went with a total youth movement.

which EVERYBODY wanted us to do for years

milkman
08-24-2008, 07:43 AM
which EVERYBODY wanted us to do for years

I'm one of those that wanted to do this rebuild the way it's being done, and this game, and the games like it that I know are coming, hasn't/won't diminish my entusiasm for finally doing it the right way.

Bring on the ugly game, boys.

It's all part of the building process.

J Diddy
08-24-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm one of those that wanted to do this rebuild the way it's being done, and this game, and the games like it that I know are coming, hasn't/won't diminish my entusiasm for finally doing it the right way.

hallelujah

QFT

dj56dt58
08-24-2008, 09:49 AM
oh jesus ****ing christ..The players the Chiefs have drafted while rebuilding are ages better than what the Dolphins have drafted..not to mention, had be signed Pennington, this place would have committed mass suicide.

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Too funny.

I like the part where apparently, Parcells has already "rebuilt" the Dolphins because they beat us in a PS game.

Comedy ****ing gold.

Anyone who watched Miami play at all last year, would tell you that they had more talent than us LAST year, and have more THIS year.

People see a 1-15 record and think they have it all figured out.

Parcells has done exactly what Carl has done over the past 20 years. Brought in a bunch of FA's in hopes of winning a few more games and getting asses in seats.

That's NOT rebuilding.

Saleenman607
08-24-2008, 10:19 AM

The question is : WHO is building the Chiefs???

I'm all for the ugly games if I was comfortable with who was rebuilding this team. Herm, Gunther,Chan, et all......sorry, they don't instill confidence with me.

el borracho
08-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Small quibble with the "Parcells just brought in old guys" argument. IiRC, Parcells also used 5 of 8 draft picks on linemen this year while the Chiefs used 4 of 12 picks on linemen so there are some other strategic differences in place. Miami put a major emphasis on the lines first while the Chiefs spread their attention across the board. While I think the Chiefs made the better long-term decisions I also think that the short-term results will favor Miami. Everything starts in the trenches.

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Small quibble with the "Parcells just brought in old guys" argument. IiRC, Parcells also used 5 of 8 draft picks on linemen this year while the Chiefs used 4 of 12 picks on linemen so there are some other strategic differences in place. Miami put a major emphasis on the lines first while the Chiefs spread their attention across the board. While I think the Chiefs made the better long-term decisions I also think that the short-term results will favor Miami. Everything starts in the trenches.

KC took the BPA, in almost every round - this will benefit them in the long run.

Miami didn't and it will show. You just can't draft for needs alone.

You'd think fans of THIS franchise would know that better than anyone.

Guru
08-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Wait, you are saying Parcells doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks. So Peterson does?

Monty
08-24-2008, 11:44 AM
KC took the BPA, in almost every round - this will benefit them in the long run.

Nope.....most don't....and probably never will.

Rain Man
08-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Given the title of the thread, this could actually become the largest thread in chiefsplanet history.

Skip Towne
08-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Parcells knows what he is doing?

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 12:15 PM
who's parcells?

CosmicPal
08-24-2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.barrierislandgraphics.com/PhotoChop/red_dumbass.jpg

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 12:16 PM
jk

Coogs
08-24-2008, 12:17 PM

:thumb:

I just wish we would have cleand house on the front office/coaching staff before we started the process.

CosmicPal
08-24-2008, 12:17 PM
jk

lol...it wasn't directed toward you, but rather the thread starter.

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 12:19 PM
lol...it wasn't directed toward you, but rather the thread starter.

oh good

Sure-Oz
08-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Too funny.

I like the part where apparently, Parcells has already "rebuilt" the Dolphins because they beat us in a PS game.

Comedy ****ing gold.

Anyone who watched Miami play at all last year, would tell you that they had more talent than us LAST year, and have more THIS year.

People see a 1-15 record and think they have it all figured out.

Parcells has done exactly what Carl has done over the past 20 years. Brought in a bunch of FA's in hopes of winning a few more games and getting asses in seats.

That's NOT rebuilding.

The dolphins don't rebuild, they re-load....Pennington....Championship!

Sure-Oz
08-24-2008, 12:21 PM

I don't see whats wrong with taking the best players, quality is better than taking a 2nd or 3rd tier guy in a diff pos. of need

OnTheWarpath58
08-24-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't see whats wrong with taking the best players, quality is better than taking a 2nd or 3rd tier guy in a diff pos. of need

Because the OL was ignored.

/True fan

milkman
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM

Jake Long fits in that BPA mold, and were I a Dolphin fan, if I had any knowledge of the Chiefs, the game he played against Tamba Hali would lead me to be very concerned.

In earlier games I've seen the Dolphins help him in pass protect with a a teammate, a TE or a RB.

In the Chiefs game, he went one on one with Hali, and it's the only time this preseason that Hali has at least made it to the same time zone as the QB, and Long was actually made to look pretty silly.

Long is going to have a lot of trouble against real pass rushers if Hali can make him look bad.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Why don't you actually take a look at Parcells' extremely mediocre draft record before you annoint him. Or realize that the Krafts and Jerry Jones had a lot more to do with the success in New England and Dallas than he did.

Goddammit, the guy's personnel skills are so overrated its ridiculous. Hey, let's bring in Vinny Testaverde again!! Let's draft a right tackle with the #1 overall pick. Let's draft Bobby Carpenter with a #1. Let's pass up Steven Jackson for Julius Jones.