PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hindsight 20/20

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 01:52 AM
When the Chiefs announced their first 3rd round selection being Jamaal Charles I honestly stopped and scratched my head.

Why in the hell would we burn a 3rd round pick on a RB when we just paid out the ass for one and have a backup who has proved himself to be extremely reliable? Don't get me wrong... I think he will make a fine player and running back.

BUT.... Why did we not pick up Dan Connor or Jeremy Zuttah?

I understand the Cottam & Morgan picks.... but were there not other issues we needed addressed far more than a 3rd string RB with the first of 3 3rd rd picks?

Thoughts please....

/edit typo CB to RB

Pablo
08-24-2008, 01:54 AM
Best athlete available...

We're so short everywhere that it's ignorant to pick a player based on position. Just take the best guy on your draft board and move on. Dan Connor wasn't going to make this team any better than Jamaal Charles will.

evolve27
08-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Which 3rd round CB you talking about? Morgan?

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Holy shit do I have an ugly anecdote for this...

evolve27
08-24-2008, 01:57 AM
I was hoping for Zuttah or Cousins with our 3rd round picks. When we didn't I thought we might have gone Cody Wallace or Kory Lichtensteiger for C in 4th.

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 01:59 AM
Best athlete available...

We're so short everywhere that it's ignorant to pick a player based on position. Just take the best guy on your draft board and move on. Dan Connor wasn't going to make this team any better than Jamaal Charles will.

I agree we are short most of everywhere but the ONE area we had some give in was at RB. LJ/Smith is a pretty good combo (if we had a oline to run behind) and one that *COULD* last for at least another 3-4 years.

Which 3rd round CB you talking about? Morgan?

Sorry, typo. I meant RB

Holy shit do I have an ugly anecdote for this...

Go for it

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Go for it

Nah, you're a nice guy who shares way too much of his personal life around here.

Unfortunately, that can sometimes make for an easy target.

evolve27
08-24-2008, 02:03 AM
No Jeff Faine, no gain.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 02:05 AM
No Jeff Faine, no gain.

If you play Colquitt, you must acquit!

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Nah, you're a nice guy who shares way too much of his personal life around here.

Unfortunately, that can sometimes make for an easy target.

You were thinking of cracking me about the movie bit... weren't ya. :D

I appreciate your restraint. LOL

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 02:08 AM
You were thinking of cracking me about the movie bit... weren't ya. :D

I appreciate your restraint. LOL

No, far, far, worse.

You're welcome. :p:evil:

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 02:09 AM
No, far, far, worse.

You're welcome. :p:evil:

Ok... pm me with it cuz its gonna drive me mad trying to come up with what you had in mind. :D

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 02:12 AM
Ok... pm me with it cuz its gonna drive me mad trying to come up with what you had in mind. :D

No way dude.

Baaaaaaaaaaaad Karma.

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 02:14 AM
No way dude.

Baaaaaaaaaaaad Karma.

LMFAO

ok... have it your way!

I hope you at least got a private snicker out of it tho. :D

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 02:16 AM
LMFAO

ok... have it your way!

I hope you at least got a private snicker out of it tho. :D

Why yes.

Yes, I did.

ROFL

Der Flöprer
08-24-2008, 02:45 AM
You get a bad rap around here Dane. You're very strong minded, but nowhere near an asshole.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 02:50 AM
You get a bad rap around here Dane. You're very strong minded, but nowhere near an asshole.

Ah, come on!

I live in Hollywood, I have a "big home" (i.e. small penis) and absolutely MUST be a "moonbat" liberal.

What's to like?

Der Flöprer
08-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Yeah. You're right, you egotistical, arrogant, overprivileged, lucky, assclown!!!

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 03:02 AM
Yeah. You're right, you egotistical, arrogant, overprivileged, lucky, assclown!!!

You forgot rich, petty, stupid, lonely and most of all, irrelevant!

Der Flöprer
08-24-2008, 03:09 AM
You forgot rich, petty, stupid, lonely and most of all, irrelevant!

Wow. You really HAVE heard it all here.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 03:16 AM
Wow. You really HAVE heard it all here.

Dude, it's ongoing NOW in another thread.

Personally, I find it comical. I mean, I've NEVER in my life engaged in such conversations with friends, acquantences or strangers.

It's really bizarre.

So much hate.

Mecca
08-24-2008, 03:37 AM
Dane gets it worse than me I think LOL...

Anyhow Dan Connor is a bad fit for the type of defense the Chiefs play I doubt he'd look very good here.

Deberg_1990
08-24-2008, 03:40 AM
When the Chiefs announced their first 3rd round selection being Jamaal Charles I honestly stopped and scratched my head.

Why in the hell would we burn a 3rd round pick on a RB when we just paid out the ass for one and have a backup who has proved himself to be extremely reliable? Don't get me wrong... I think he will make a fine player and running back.

BUT.... Why did we not pick up Dan Connor or Jeremy Zuttah?

I understand the Cottam & Morgan picks.... but were there not other issues we needed addressed far more than a 3rd string RB with the first of 3 3rd rd picks?

Thoughts please....

/edit typo CB to RB

You realize the Super Bowl Champion Giants went through 4 RB's last year??

A Team can NEVER have too many Running Backs. Never.

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 04:23 PM
You realize the Super Bowl Champion Giants went through 4 RB's last year??

A Team can NEVER have too many Running Backs. Never.

Yeah... I do. But a RB is nearly plug and play and unlike the Giants, we wont be contending for a SB for a LONG time yet.. The same things cannot be said about the other positions.

Also, it is not like there is any real shortage of running backs that can be thrown in there in free agency (undrafted or otherwise).

bdeg
08-24-2008, 06:30 PM
By the time this team is ready to compete LJ will be done and it will be a solid combo of Kolby/Charles with Savage as a backup.