PDA

View Full Version : Elections Plagiarist Joe

HonestChieffan
08-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Biden....well, he has some interesting facts in his background. But listed on list of famous plagiarists? Rich!

http://www.famousplagiarists.com/politics.htm#biden

J Diddy
08-24-2008, 07:55 AM
wow
who ****ing cares?

patteeu
08-24-2008, 08:42 AM
If it were truly representative of Biden's character, I think we all ought to care. However, in this case, I have to defend Biden. It's true that he used Neil Kinoch's words without attribution in a speech, but from what I understand, it was a speech he repeated on several occasions during that campaign and in most of those instances, he *did* attribute those words properly. I think this was more a case of making a mistake rather than intellectual theft and deceit.

RINGLEADER
08-24-2008, 09:07 AM
He's a blow-hard who says and does stupid things sometime. :shrug:

splatbass
08-24-2008, 09:07 AM
If it were truly representative of Biden's character, I think we all ought to care. However, in this case, I have to defend Biden. It's true that he used Neil Kinoch's words without attribution in a speech, but from what I understand, it was a speech he repeated on several occasions during that campaign and in most of those instances, he *did* attribute those words properly. I think this was more a case of making a mistake rather than intellectual theft and deceit.

This is true. He used that speech as hid stump speech and always attributed that part t the author, except in that one instance - which just happened to be recorded. It was a mistake. I'm glad you have the integrity to bring it up. Some on your side will continue to push this even when they know the truth.