PDA

View Full Version : Elections New McCain Ad- Featuring Hillary- 8/24

recxjake
08-24-2008, 07:41 AM

BucEyedPea
08-24-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm getting sick and tired of petty irrelevancies in election ads.
This pisses me off.

A better attack would be for Obama to show Mac's FP advisor as being on the govt of Georgia payroll as a lobbyist and the quid pro quo for another war.
That attack would be relevant and hit where most Americans are sitting. This ad is petty inside politics. W gives a f about it.

LMAO what a bunch of clowns.

dirk digler
08-24-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm getting sick and tired of petty irrelevancies in election ads.
This pisses me off.

A better attack would be for Obama to show Mac's FP advisor as being on the govt of Georgia payroll as a lobbyist and the quid pro quo for another war.
That attack would be relevant and hit where most Americans are sitting. This ad is petty inside politics. W gives a f about it.

LMAO what a bunch of clowns.

Yep. IMO this may come back to backfire on McCain and rally the Clinton supporters to Obama.

My reasoning is this is like a family squabble and I can call my sister a dumb bitch because she is my sister but if someone outside the family calls her a dumb bitch I am going to knock them the **** out.

dirk digler
08-24-2008, 07:59 AM
This ad will reinforce and remind Clinton supporters how she got "robbed" and will continue to keep them unhappy. Smart move IMO.

The problem I see it is that alot of Hillary supporters are hard core Dems who aren't going to take kindly to a Republican trying to use Hillary.

We will see if it has any traction.

tiptap
08-24-2008, 08:16 AM
And the Republicans treated the Clinton's with love and affection. What will happed is this, the Democrats will remind those that supported Clinton that she is a US SENATOR. It is not like she hasn't had any reward for her position. It wasn't the gold medal but she obviously has/does have political success on her own. She will be one of the more powerful Senators in a body that will be one vote away from filibuster proof. She will have her choice of some pretty powerful committees and it is the Congress, not the White House, that will be the focus of the real work legislatively.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 08:37 AM
That would be really interesting if McCain selected Hillary as his VP...

dirk digler
08-24-2008, 09:52 AM
A lot of hard core Hillary supporters are pissed...

1. Obama hasn't raised much $$ for her
2. He didn't have her turn over any information for vetting... she truly wasn't even considered
3. Obama, the candidate of change picked the guy who's been in the Senate longer then McCain to be VP.... and he's a white, male.

They shouldn't be happy, he's treating her/them like shit.

1. and vice versa. The biggest obstacle to retiring her debt is that Obama supporters don't want to pay Mark Penn and that is who she owes the most money to.
2. In an AP article posted last night according to 2 people close to Hillary she told Obama "don't vet me unless you are going to pick me." She took herself out with that statement.
3. He was the best pick Obama could make and the guy is 100% working class and doesn't even live in Washington he rides the Amtrack every night back home.

memyselfI
08-24-2008, 10:27 AM
That would be really interesting if McCain selected Hillary as his VP...

I don't think he'd do it and I don't think she'd accept if he did. BUT, I think it would be an outstanding move on his part to put a woman on the ticket. Kay Bailey Hutchison or someone like her or Elizabeth Dole would make it easier for some of those who can't quite vote for McCain to do so. Not myself, but I know of many others who would in a heartbeat.

banyon
08-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Wow, John McCain's just approving any old message these days. They must have a stamp.

Messier
08-24-2008, 10:32 AM
I don't think he'd do it and I don't think she'd accept if he did. BUT, I think it would be an outstanding move on his part to put a woman on the ticket. Kay Bailey Hutchison or someone like her or Elizabeth Dole would make it easier for some of those who can't quite vote for McCain to do so. Not myself, but I know of many others who would in a heartbeat.

Hillery is a Democrat. She is giving a key speech at the convention urging her supporters to vote for Obama.

bango
08-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Hillery is a Democrat. She is giving a key speech at the convention urging her supporters to vote for Obama.

Simply talk. She will have her fingers crossed. Her and Bill will both be voting for the Republicans as they did in 2000 and 2004.

memyselfI
08-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Simply talk. She will have her fingers crossed. Her and Bill will both be voting for the Republicans as they did in 2000 and 2004.

Exactly, Hillary is a Clinton first. She will talk the talk to the people she feels double crossed her and play along with them to save HER political career. Then after the election is over and when NObama loses she will have done everything she can to appear to have helped him and the ingrates who betrayed her and Bill. She's betting that she will be in a position to take her ITYS and supporters to rebuild the party after a devastating loss.

That is how she's playing it now. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen. I tend to agree with her that she will have the opportunity after NObama loses to take the party over and/or leave it and start another in a very strong position.

Messier
08-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Exactly, Hillary is a Clinton first. She will talk the talk to the people she feels double crossed her and play along with them to save HER political career. Then after the election is over and when NObama loses she will have done everything she can to appear to have helped him and the ingrates who betrayed her and Bill. She's betting that she will be in a position to take her ITYS and supporters to rebuild the party after a devastating loss.

That is how she's playing it now. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen. I tend to agree with her that she will have the opportunity after NObama loses to take the party over and/or leave it and start another in a very strong position.

Who double crossed her and how?

memyselfI
08-24-2008, 11:18 AM

People they helped during Bill's years that 'should' have been loyal to them in return. People like Bill Richarson. I would not be surprised if Hillary returns some day and has someone like Emanuel Cleaver as a running mate. Someone who stayed strong and by her side until the very end even when it cost him politically.

Those people are the ones she's doing the convention speech for. NOT for the party itself or NObama at all. To save herself politically and to assist those who stuck by her until the end. If she can make a comeback those people will be rewarded handsomely for their loyalty.

Messier
08-24-2008, 11:25 AM
People they helped during Bill's years that 'should' have been loyal to them in return. People like Bill Richarson. I would not be surprised if Hillary returns some day and has someone like Emanuel Cleaver as a running mate. Someone who stayed strong and by her side until the very end even when it cost him politically.

Those people are the ones she's doing the convention speech for. NOT for the party itself or NObama at all. To save herself politically and to assist those who stuck by her until the end. If she can make a comeback those people will be rewarded handsomely for their loyalty.

You don't know any of this through words or actions of the Clintons, you are just guessing because it's what you hope she's thinking.

memyselfI
08-24-2008, 11:31 AM
You don't know any of this through words or actions of the Clintons, you are just guessing because it's what you hope she's thinking.

Ok.

http://www.outdoorphotography.com/files/u1/head_up_ass.jpg

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't think he'd do it and I don't think she'd accept if he did. BUT, I think it would be an outstanding move on his part to put a woman on the ticket. Kay Bailey Hutchison or someone like her or Elizabeth Dole would make it easier for some of those who can't quite vote for McCain to do so. Not myself, but I know of many others who would in a heartbeat.Oh, it would be a brilliant move for JM. I think any Clinton voters that have decided to vote BHO, would abandon him in a heartbeat for the Clinton Machine.

Cave Johnson
08-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Oh, it would be a brilliant move for JM. I think any Clinton voters that have decided to vote BHO, would abandon him in a heartbeat for the Clinton Machine.

Is this meant to be sarcastic?

ChiefaRoo
08-24-2008, 12:10 PM

Yep.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you but you're right.

VAChief
08-24-2008, 12:40 PM
This ad will reinforce and remind Clinton supporters how she got "robbed" and will continue to keep them unhappy. Smart move IMO.

Maybe Obama should run Rudy ads then! Of course for a couple of votes it probably isn't worth the money to run the ad.

VAChief
08-24-2008, 12:47 PM

It was her legacy! They owed it to her or so it seemed. There will be better choices than her in four years.

HolmeZz
08-24-2008, 01:02 PM
McCain once again hits on the issues that really matter to average Americans.

Is there going to come a point when McCain finally gets criticized for having no substance?

Messier
08-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Ok.

http://www.outdoorphotography.com/files/u1/head_up_ass.jpg

Fantastic. So, what did she say?

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Hillary and Bill are going to tear McCain when they speak at the Convention. This is a blatant exploitation of Hillary's hard work, and it is interesting to see the 180 by guys like Rush who spearheaded the attempts to destroy the Clintons.

irishjayhawk
08-24-2008, 01:36 PM
McCain once again hits on the issues that really matter to average Americans.

Is there going to come a point when McCain finally gets criticized for having no substance?

No.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
That attack would be relevant and hit where most Americans are sitting. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE POLITICS OF HOPE???????????????????????????????

Direckshun
08-24-2008, 03:58 PM
WOW that was a dumb ad.

J Diddy
08-24-2008, 04:03 PM
WOW that was a dumb ad.

no kidding

i'll place an attack ad attacking him for an attack ad