PDA

View Full Version : Elections So, who is voting for Barr/Root?

BCD
08-24-2008, 08:53 AM
I am really leaning in this direction.

HonestChieffan
08-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Im for Root/Beer

BCD
08-24-2008, 09:01 AM
I wonder if they will be at the debates? Who did you vote for in 04? Do you feel that if you voted for Barr/Root you would be throwing your vote away?As long as McCain or BHO does NOT get my vote, then its not wasted. I'm sick of this 2-party shit.

BCD
08-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Im for Root/BeerBarqs or A&W? :D

HonestChieffan
08-24-2008, 09:03 AM
A and W if at a actual A and W place.

BCD
08-24-2008, 09:04 AM
IWho did you vote for in 04? Wasted it on Bush.

memyselfI
08-24-2008, 10:09 AM
I've also looked into this possibility. I have rather appreciated Bob Barr since he was booted from Congress. It seems he grew a conscience and some stones and has taken on the WH. I don't like some of his previous positions, like abortion, but I do find him to be rather compelling in his distaste for what DUHbya has done to the constitution.

Of course, I could not admit this to my husband. He'd think I'd completely lost my marbles.

Friendo
08-24-2008, 10:23 AM
fat pitch......:evil:

banyon
08-24-2008, 10:24 AM
I wonder if they will be at the debates? Who did you vote for in 04? Do you feel that if you voted for Barr/Root you would be throwing your vote away?

They would need 15% in the polls to be at the debates. Not really possible this late in the game.

bango
08-24-2008, 10:26 AM
It looks like I will be casting my vote for Barr. I just can not vote for any other party or person. Barr is too morally and socially conservative, but at least he is for smaller and more limited government. I did not think that I would ever vote for a social/moral conservative until I was in my seventies.

BucEyedPea
08-24-2008, 05:52 PM
I was planning on voting for Barr as of the last 2 months, but am reconsidering.
He flipped on GW but more than that, I just think Mac is a madman that may endanger the world. Ayup! As mad as I was over Obama flipping on FISA with intel I am got even more worried when Mac took a belligerent stand on Russia.

Then there's the problem of his NC/VP, I hate France, Root.

Logical
08-24-2008, 05:53 PM
I probably will.

unlurking
09-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Probably.

I don't see any candidates worth my vote, so I'm voting for the party, in the hopes that one day a third will force the current two to actually step up and not be such psychos.

Guru
09-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Nothing matters until they start allowing the third parties to participate in the debates. That is what kills them right now.

Right now, I tend to vote to keep somebody out of office rather that vote them into office.

I know it takes votes for the 3rd parties to be taken seriously but Perot got 20% and nothing changed. Barr is not looking at getting anything near that.

What is the magic number that gets 3rd parties invites? 30%? 35%?

If 20% couldn't get it done, I don't know what will.

BucEyedPea
09-03-2008, 05:37 AM
As long as McCain or BHO does NOT get my vote, then its not wasted. I'm sick of this 2-party shit.

Me too.

Mecca
09-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Barr Root sounds like an alcoholic ticket to me.

Hog Farmer
09-03-2008, 09:12 AM
It really sucks that Barr is the better of the three, but theres no way he has a chance , therefore I have to go Macc

underEJ
09-03-2008, 10:24 AM
I've dabbled in the Libertarian pool of candidates from time to time, when they are making sense. I think they are holding the old conservative values most of us find woefully missing in the modern Republican platform, small government, et cetera. But I do find myself voting to keep someone out like another poster said. I liked Obama. I wasn't crazy about him, but thought he had a bright future if he could stay away from the center. Unfortunately, in the Democratic Party, you can't risk losing an election by not gravitating to the center for the main event, so I lost interest in him. McCain never had a shot with me.

There are a whole lot of people in this country who have never felt represented by either of the two major parties, either due to centrist shifts that make it hard to tell them apart, or due to having ideologies from the far end of both left and right, like fiscally very conservative and small government, but socially very liberal and hands off my gay friend's wedding.

Once upon a time it would have been strange to be middle to upper middle class, and totally estranged from the political system, but there are alot of us these days. I hope there is a future with more choices, but I don't think we are headed that way yet. This year I am once again completely unconvinced of my vote and it will likely be a last second decision in the booth. That's so lame.

Carlota69
09-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Wayne Allen Root is a bookmaker here in Vegas. He does our weekly picks with our morning show every football season. Sort of weird that he's on a presidential ticket. Nice guy tho.

Pitt Gorilla
09-03-2008, 01:12 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D1HYE8KKHqQ/R7SQpP0n82I/AAAAAAAAAKI/ULO_Iy3Ning/s1600/OFFICE_SPACE_SE-0.jpg

Silock
09-03-2008, 02:43 PM
I probably will, but it's still up in the air.