PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whats wrong with dorsey

Demonpenz
08-24-2008, 09:09 AM
It didn't look like he was getting any push yesterday. The commentators said how he needs to work on his pass rush and get in the backfield. He also didn't contain pennington the outside for a big gain. Pennington isn't really moble and I thought Dorsey was supposed to be fast. Do you guys think it is the coaching, the guy got paid, or just an off game?

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:12 AM
inexperience

Mr. Arrowhead
08-24-2008, 09:13 AM
D Bowe also sucked in his first preseason game

MTG#10
08-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Bust...

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:25 AM
cut him

shammus
08-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Agreed. Aside from the few snaps he got in the Arizona game, this was the first game where he got a decent amount of activity. I wouldn't expect him to be too much of a worldbeater coming out of the gate. Plus, he did have that knee injury earlier on in training camp. I'm thinking he's not wanting to push himself too hard too quickly either.

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
needs more cowbell

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:32 AM
maybe more dinner bell

Demonpenz
08-24-2008, 09:32 AM
so far he has been more ryan simms than warren sapp lol

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:33 AM
dont even mention simms in the same breath or think in the same thoughts

siberian khatru
08-24-2008, 09:52 AM
In his first 4 preseason games, Warren Sapp had 9 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 22 tackles.

In a pre-game ceremony before the Bucs' season-opener, Sapp was inducted into the team's Hall of Fame. They lobbied Canton to make an exception to their rules and induct Sapp into the Pro Football Hall of Fame before he had even played a regular-season game, but the executive board voted 6-5 not to allow it. Board Member Richard Stultz, who cast the deciding vote against, still receives hate mail to this day.

I'd say that right now, Dorsey is way behind Sapp.

CupidStunt
08-24-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm pretty sure the majority of this board is actually football retarded, and don't actually understand the basic concepts and roles of various positions. The few that can tell the difference between the 'A' gap and the 'B' gap, plus GC's videos, is the only thing keeping this place alive.

Dorsey was pretty much dominant in the running game. Indeed he did look weak as a rusher, but it's his first major action in a preseason game as a rookie playing alongside three horrible DL who require no extra attention. God forbid he didn't sack Pennington three times and pressure him on 10 other occasions.

Demonpenz
08-24-2008, 09:56 AM
In his first 4 preseason games, Warren Sapp had 9 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 22 tackles.

In a pre-game ceremony before the Bucs' season-opener, Sapp was inducted into the team's Hall of Fame. They lobbied Canton to make an exception to their rules and induct Sapp into the Pro Football Hall of Fame before he had even played a regular-season game, but the executive board voted 6-5 not to allow it. Board Member Richard Stultz, who cast the deciding vote against, still receives hate mail to this day.

I'd say that right now, Dorsey is way behind Sapp.

Do you have a link. I call b.s.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-24-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty sure the majority of this board is actually football retarded, and don't actually understand the basic concepts and roles of various positions. The few that can tell the difference between the 'A' gap and the 'B' gap, plus GC's videos, is the only thing keeping this place alive.

Dorsey was pretty much dominant in the running game. Indeed he did look weak as a rusher, but it's his first major action in a preseason game as a rookie playing alongside three horrible DL who require no extra attention. God forbid he didn't sack Pennington three times and pressure him on 10 other occasions.

But, in Madden they rack up 3 sacks a game with Glenn!!!! AS A ROOK!

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:42 AM
can we just let madden play this season out

unlurking
08-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Doing well penz!

:)

Anyong Bluth
08-24-2008, 01:06 PM
take back his legos

B_Ambuehl
08-24-2008, 01:21 PM

This is exactly right. He's already playing like an above average NFL defensive tackle. People on this board have unrealistic expectations as to what constitutes a "dominating" defensive tackle. One sack every 2 games is about is good as it gets for these guys. He can play as good as any defensive tackle has ever played in the history of the NFL and it won't make up for Jared Allen's' presence.

Sure-Oz
08-24-2008, 01:23 PM
You get a real DE with Dorsey we will have a badass line

Anyong Bluth
08-24-2008, 01:31 PM
I was told that Dorsey would be able to summon the power of Moses and part the line at his will.

I have my receipt and it's still within 30 days of purchase. I would like a refund.

The same people that are bitching about Dorsey right now are they same dolts that saw the ad in magazines everyone used to see when growing up for the radio controlled hovercraft for something like 40 bucks and really thought it wouldn't be a piece of junk.

mylittlepony
08-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Well to be fair Jake Long looked like he was making Phelps impersonations with all the time he spent sprawled out waving his arms about on the ground.

Direckshun
08-24-2008, 02:31 PM
He's already leading the entire DT corps in plays made.

The kid will be fine. It's Tank and Turk that concern me.

I've resigned that Hali is probably just a 2nd DE, not a stud.

rambleonthruthefog
08-24-2008, 02:40 PM
dorsey is a rookie, hes fine. what i wanna know is, how did tamba look against their highly drafted rookie LT?

blueballs
08-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Tank Turk Tamba -is his middle name Trevor
don't you just love yelling Tamba from your diaphragm
all guttural and shit

PastorMikH
08-24-2008, 02:57 PM
dorsey is a rookie, hes fine. what i wanna know is, how did tamba look against their highly drafted rookie LT?

Their rookie looked better than our veteran. He did a good job keeping Hali away from Pennington, without help.

:banghead:

chiefs1111
08-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Dorsey will be fine. he just needs sometime. I think by week 4 or so we will start to see the real Glenn Dorsey.

rambleonthruthefog
08-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Their rookie looked better than our veteran. He did a good job keeping Hali away from Pennington, without help.

:banghead:

this is upsetting. i'v been on the tamba bandwagon. if your good, you should beat any rookie more than he beats you.

boogblaster
08-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Dorsey has never played the Gap for pass-rushing .. He's a run stopper .. It showed last nite too ... Williams cut to the outside every running play Miami ran ....

BigCatDaddy
08-24-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't recall Albert Haynesworth and John Henderson dominating at rookies either. Give the guy a few years, he will get there.

KCrockaholic
08-24-2008, 08:49 PM
The best of of Dorsey right now is that teams know how good he was in college, so they double team him. They know that in college if Dorsey was 1 on 1 he would dominate the opposing lineman. So with Dorsey being double teamed alot right now, it will open up other gaps for our LB's to get through...but ill give him 2 years to show me hes worthy of being a #5 overall pick.

OctoberFart
08-24-2008, 09:00 PM
You guys crack me up. You realize that DT is the hardest transition for a college player to make other than QB right? He just can't physically dominate anymore and needs some time to refine his technique. But what do I know I'm just a gang banging THUG Raiderfan.

The Bad Guy
08-24-2008, 09:35 PM
You guys crack me up. You realize that DT is the hardest transition for a college player to make other than QB right? He just can't physically dominate anymore and needs some time to refine his technique. But what do I know I'm just a gang banging THUG Raiderfan.

To think I actually agree with a Raider fan.