PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Didn't really get to see the game...did anyone actually look DECENT yesterday?

shammus
08-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Had people over last night and while we had the game on, I wasn't able to really sit down and watch it. I walked by the tv a few times and took a look at the score. From what I could see, we were looking pretty badly top to bottom. Did anyone actually stand out as having a good game yesterday? Perhaps a rookie solidified a spot on the roster somehow?

During the brief moments I was actually watching the game, here's what I saw -

- A Chief's quarterback throwing an interception, fumbling the ball, or in Huard's case especially, getting crushed. From what I could see, all three quarterbacks threw at least one interception. Seems as though we might have thrown at least 4 total? QB play looked really awful just in general.

- Couldn't really focus on the Oline. How'd they look? For some reason I seem to remember Niswanger not exactly having a good day. Can't remember why I got that impression though.

- Looked like our running backs were doing pretty well. I think I saw Kolby Smith on a couple good sized runs.

- It didn't look like our D-line was getting any pressure on their quarterback at all. I just checked a box score to see if I could get some confirmation on this. Doesn't look like we got a single sack.

- Did I really see a double-team on Devard Darling?? Checked the box score again...still no receptions this year for him in three games now.

- Saw a pass hit Sippio in the chest and bounce away. Jeff Webb and Maurice Price each had nice receptions during the short intervals I was paying attention. No Franklin though....has there been an update on his knee yet?

- Seems like Savage was getting a lot of playing time? Anyone see how he looked? I saw one kickoff return of his that was pretty impressive. Looked like he was breaking tackles, jumping over people, etc...

- I saw one of the Chief's corners, I believe it was Brandon Carr, pick off a pass in the endzone. Might have been the best play I saw a Chief's player make the entire day in the limited time I was watching.

I think that's about it. Anyone play their way off the roster last night, move up or down on the depth chart, or do anything that stood out to make the team in your minds?

Fish
08-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Colquit was a bright spot...........

:banghead:

BigVE
08-24-2008, 10:31 AM
The punter is MVP. Dude is money.

BigVE
08-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Colquit was a bright spot...........

:banghead:
How sad, same thought at the same time.

bdeg
08-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Yes Carr really impressed me with that play. Last night's game gives me a little confidence in our future CB situation. They will both make their rookie mistakes but they're both already making plays too.

Sippio won't make it past the first cut.

How far is Maurice Price from the #2 spot? He should get some consideration.

noa
08-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Brandon Flowers looked good. Carr had a nice INT. Morgan laid a really nice block on a special teams return. And Kolby Smith definitely had some good plays.

That's about all that I remember.

evolve27
08-24-2008, 10:34 AM
I was hoping to see some WR's show up with no Franklin. Did they gameplan against Maurice Price?

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Baldinger said that Barry Richardson played an A plus game

Demonpenz
08-24-2008, 10:52 AM
DJ looked good

HC_Chief
08-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Colquitt was Pro Bowl calibre (good thing because we're going to need it)

Kolby Smith and Dantrell Savage both looked really good.

OL was inconsistent.

Flowers was a GREAT pick.

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:59 AM
richardson looked like hes starting to "get it"

KevB
08-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I've seen at least two references in the Star about Savage and his poor play on the kick return. Outside of that one play, the kid's looked pretty good returning kicks and he shows the aggressiveness you need to have. Sams hasn't shown a single thing, but the Star acts as if it's still a battle. On top of the kick return ability, Savage looks as if he could be a really good 3rd down back at some point. He's a nice piece to have for a rebuilding team, especially as an undrafted FA.

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 11:08 AM
I've seen at least two references in the Star about Savage and his poor play on the kick return. Outside of that one play, the kid's looked pretty good returning kicks and he shows the aggressiveness you need to have. Sams hasn't shown a single thing, but the Star acts as if it's still a battle. On top of the kick return ability, Savage looks as if he could be a really good 3rd down back at some point. He's a nice piece to have for a rebuilding team, especially as an undrafted FA.

tell this to demonpenz he opviously only read the paper didnt watch thegame

kcgizmo
08-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Parker look good when he push the dolphin QB down, that was hilarious

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 11:20 AM
h i l a r i o u s

Micjones
08-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I was impressed time and again with how aggressive Brandon Flowers is as a tackler.
I saw him go after Ricky Williams a couple times and really lay wood on him.

Brandon Carr looks good too... I think next year we're going to have a good secondary.
Very aggressive and intimidating.

Derrick Johnson was impressive as well. All over the field...
Played hard-nosed football and wreaked havoc. He's in Pro Bowl form.

Maurice Price should be our starter at WR.
Too bad with politics involved he won't be. He should get time though now that Franklin will miss time...

JASONSAUTO
08-24-2008, 11:29 AM
flowers aint skeered

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-24-2008, 11:30 AM
DJ is an absolute stud.

blueballs
08-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Miami

InChiefsHell
08-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Dj looked really good
Savage makes me root for him, I just really like the guy.

Obviously, Colquitt is the team MVP...which is sad...

...other than that, I got nothin'.

InChiefsHell
08-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Miami

Ain't no lie. I'm waiting for the "We should have signed Pennington, DAMMIT CARL" threads to start coming out...

HypnotizedMonkey
08-24-2008, 11:49 AM
DJ, Flowers, Carr, Savage, Colquitt = Impressive

Everyone else (especially QBs) = suckfest.