PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football My Team

luv
08-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Yes, I picked Croyle. I should justify it by saying that I only had three picks left, I needed one more QB (have to have three), and he was the only starting QB left.

Carson Palmer
Brett Favre
Brodie Croyle
Marion Barber
Brandon Jacobs
Julius Jones
Kenny Watson
Andre Johnson
Donald Driver
Javon Walker
Jerry Porter
Steve Smith (NYG)
Tony Gonzalez
Donald Lee
Nate Kaeding
Jason Elam
Ravens
Giants

L.A. Chieffan
08-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Makes you warm inside to know that your QB is the last one picked in a fantasy draft, begrudgingly so, by a chick

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2008, 11:40 AM
only picks on that team I like are Favre and Andre Johnson...

Mr. Laz
08-24-2008, 11:44 AM
wide receivers could be a problem

Deberg_1990
08-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Two kickers and two defenses?? IMO not really neccassary.

Kickers and team defenses are fairly interchangeable during the bye weeks or depending on the matchups.

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Your 2-4 RBs are somewhat weak. I'm guessing you picked Tony Gonzalez higher than you should have.

luv
08-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Two kickers and two defenses?? IMO not really neccassary.

Kickers and team defenses are fairly interchangeable during the bye weeks or depending on the matchups.

Everyone has to have the same number of players at each position for the whole season.

luv
08-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Your 2-4 RBs are somewhat weak. I'm guessing you picked Tony Gonzalez higher than you should have.

Tony Gonzalez was the fourth TE to go.

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Everyone has to have the same number of players at each position for the whole season.

I play a league with the same format...you should really post league type, settings, and scoring if you want us to critique your team...

Someone always asks me if I think their team is good and I really don't have any idea until I see the scoring...I play in QB heavy leagues, RB heavy leagues, PPR leagues, etc...

luv
08-24-2008, 04:09 PM

Also, this is a keeper league where RB's and WR's go fast. Each team got two keepers. The top 10 RB's were kept and I picked 8th out of 12.

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2008, 04:10 PM
who were your keepers? Barber? Andre Johnson? Hopefully not Palmer...

luv
08-24-2008, 04:11 PM
I play a league with the same format...you should really post league type, settings, and scoring if you want us to critique your team...

Someone always asks me if I think their team is good and I really don't have any idea until I see the scoring...I play in QB heavy leagues, RB heavy leagues, PPR leagues, etc...

You'll have to forgive me as I'm still learning. I didn't think I did too bad for a first timer. I guess that's all that should matter.

luv
08-24-2008, 04:12 PM

Get ready to berate me.

luv
08-24-2008, 04:13 PM

Palmer and Barber. I'm not going to tell you who I let go. It's rather embarrassing.

BigVE
08-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Look ok to me, not stellar but will do alright.

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Meh.

I wouldn't ever keep a QB in a keeper league unless it was Tom Brady (MAYBE Peyton Manning)...

If it's a standard scoring league...you pretty much always keep your best two players out of the WR/RB pool...it used to be RB/RB but with all of the two back systems the big time scorers have thinned out a bit and now a lot of WR's are good keeper options.

I do really like Andre Johnson...if he stays healthy, he's a top 5 fantasy WR...

I'm staying away from Marion Barber this year...I don't know why, he'll probably produce in all honesty like he always does, but for some reason I just have a bad feeling about that guy...

I really like, in terms of value picks, Jamal Lewis, Edgerrin James, Jerricho Cotchery, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Calvin Johnson, and I really REALLY like Braylon Edwards early...

If those value picks produce like I am hoping, I am going to have a GOOD year in fantasy.

luv
08-24-2008, 04:17 PM
The draft was at dad's house. He held another one this afternoon that was an auction draft. I stayed and drafted for someone who couldn't be there. The guys were impressed on how I did. I actually like that draft a little better than the one we did this morning. It was $260 league with one keeper.

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Also, this is a keeper league where RB's and WR's go fast. Each team got two keepers. The top 10 RB's were kept and I picked 8th out of 12.

More of a reason you should have kept Westbrook.

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2008, 04:23 PM

Barber and Westbrook are two first round keepers...

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2008, 04:26 PM
here's my favorite auction team so far:

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=215643&teamId=2&seasonId=2008

The Bad Guy
08-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Meh.

I wouldn't ever keep a QB in a keeper league unless it was Tom Brady (MAYBE Peyton Manning)...

If it's a standard scoring league...you pretty much always keep your best two players out of the WR/RB pool...it used to be RB/RB but with all of the two back systems the big time scorers have thinned out a bit and now a lot of WR's are good keeper options.

I do really like Andre Johnson...if he stays healthy, he's a top 5 fantasy WR...

I'm staying away from Marion Barber this year...I don't know why, he'll probably produce in all honesty like he always does, but for some reason I just have a bad feeling about that guy...

I really like, in terms of value picks, Jamal Lewis, Edgerrin James, Jerricho Cotchery, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Calvin Johnson, and I really REALLY like Braylon Edwards early...

If those value picks produce like I am hoping, I am going to have a GOOD year in fantasy.

If it's 6 points per passing TD, then absolutely you could keep someone like Brees or Romo.

In a league where passing TDs are 6 points, Brady and Romo were heads and shoulders the #1 and 2 scoring players.

The Bad Guy
08-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Barber and Westbrook are two first round keepers...

A guy who had under 1k last year, and will give a lot of carries and time to Felix Jones, is a keeper?

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2008, 04:38 PM
A guy who had under 1k last year, and will give a lot of carries and time to Felix Jones, is a keeper?
Did you read what I wrote earlier? I said I'm staying away from Marion...but he'll get all of the tries in the red zone...so if he scores 20 TD's, then yeah, he's a 1st round keeper.

And again, that's why when people ask for critiques in fantasy you can't properly critique them unless you know what their league settings are...

When they aren't posted, I assume QB's get 4 points per passing TD and 1 point for every 25 yards passing...

Making anyone other than Tom Brady not really keeper worthy.

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2008, 04:42 PM
I play in a league that is so QB heavy the first round will probably see 7 QB's go right away...you have to have 4 QB's, 4 RB's, 5 WR's, 2 TE's, 2 K and 2 DEF at all times...Marc Bulger will probably go in the 2nd round...

A few years ago, I lucked out with Brees late and Romo, made a few nifty trades and had LT, LJ, Romo and Brees and cruised to the finals...

Last year I tried the same RB/RB/RB approach (taking 1st round caliber RB's in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds) and try to get lucky on QB's and it killed me...

Not quite sure what I am going to do this year but it pains me to have to take Donovan friggin' McNabb in the 2nd round...

The Bad Guy
08-24-2008, 04:59 PM
I play in a league that is so QB heavy the first round will probably see 7 QB's go right away...you have to have 4 QB's, 4 RB's, 5 WR's, 2 TE's, 2 K and 2 DEF at all times...Marc Bulger will probably go in the 2nd round...

A few years ago, I lucked out with Brees late and Romo, made a few nifty trades and had LT, LJ, Romo and Brees and cruised to the finals...

Last year I tried the same RB/RB/RB approach (taking 1st round caliber RB's in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds) and try to get lucky on QB's and it killed me...

Not quite sure what I am going to do this year but it pains me to have to take Donovan friggin' McNabb in the 2nd round...

Do you start 2 QBs?

If so, I would take 2 QBs within the first 8 rounds, and then try to find backups. In all reality, if you get down to your 3rd or 4th QB, you're in deep shit.

Let the QB run happen, and unless a Brady, Romo, Manning or Brees falls into your lap, wait on one and grab yourself big time players at other positions.

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Do you start 2 QBs?

If so, I would take 2 QBs within the first 8 rounds, and then try to find backups. In all reality, if you get down to your 3rd or 4th QB, you're in deep shit.

Let the QB run happen, and unless a Brady, Romo, Manning or Brees falls into your lap, wait on one and grab yourself big time players at other positions.

Yep, you start two QB's (or you can start 1 QB and 2 kickers)...it's either 2 QB's and 1 K or 1 QB and 2 K's...

you can start 3 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE or 2 RB's, 4 WR's, 1 TE or 2 RB's, 3 WR's and 2 TE's...

Points are accumulated like this:

6 points for a passing TD (0-9 yards)
9 points for a passing TD (9-39 yards)
12 points for a passing TD (40-100 yards)

Same for rushing and receiving TD's...DOUBLE points for a QB running a TD in (12, 18, 24) or a running back catching or throwing a TD or a WR running or throwing a TD...

0 points for 0-74 yards gained for RB's and WR's...75 yards = 5 points and 2 points for every 25 yards after that...

QB hits their bonus at 250 passing yards (5 points) and 2 points for every 25 yards after that...

INT's, fumbles -2

It's real fuggin' unique but you can see why it's so QB heavy...dude landed Brady, Moss, Braylon, etc... last year and was unstoppable...Brady probably outscored everyone in the league by 200 points...

It was insane.

It's a unique league and SUPER fun...the most challenging league I've ever been in.

luv
08-24-2008, 07:09 PM

Yeah. I know. I knew I'd goof it up somehow. Lesson learned.

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2008, 07:14 PM
you can always use a site like ESPN.com and look at the average live draft results...you'd see Westbrook and Barber always in the top 10 and Palmer outside of the top 70...

or you could've probably packaged Westbrook and Barber for a SUPER keeper like LT or Peterson (maybe - depending on if the guy with AP had another stud he wanted to keep or same with LT) and kept a #1 pick and a Palmer...although, like I said, keeping a QB in 4 point leagues isn't smart unless he's Manning or Brady...

luv
08-24-2008, 07:17 PM
you can always use a site like ESPN.com and look at the average live draft results...you'd see Westbrook and Barber always in the top 10 and Palmer outside of the top 70...

or you could've probably packaged Westbrook and Barber for a SUPER keeper like LT or Peterson (maybe - depending on if the guy with AP had another stud he wanted to keep or same with LT) and kept a #1 pick and a Palmer...although, like I said, keeping a QB in 4 point leagues isn't smart unless he's Manning or Brady...

Most everything I looked at had Palmer as a top 5 QB.

My goal for next year's draft is to not have to ask "What team/position?" so much. I did know about some injuries and such that some of the guys didn't.

I knew I wouldn't do great, but I feel I did good enough not to be embarrassed.

Short Leash Hootie
08-24-2008, 07:19 PM
rotoworld.com is a great tool

Uncle_Ted
08-24-2008, 08:11 PM
You did fine for your first time. The Westbrook thing was probably a mistake (I didn't read your league's scoring that closely) but everyone makes mistakes.

Good luck this season!