PDA

View Full Version : Elections Obama Couldn't Get a Job With The CIA, or FBI....

recxjake
08-24-2008, 02:15 PM

Nightfyre
08-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Shit, 85% of america is SOL just on the drug use.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Shit, 85% of america is SOL just on the drug use.

That's a good thing.:thumb:

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2008, 02:19 PM
You're such a dumb****, it's staggering.

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 02:19 PM
No but they'd let George Bush senior run it.

banyon
08-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Could Bush (coke use + DUI)?

banyon
08-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey, I noticed you didn't post in my "What's McCain's Message?" Thread.

Dick Bull

plus I'm sure he had sex with a donkey

NCarlsCorner2
No but they'd let George Bush senior run it.

That's because he's a great american.

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2008, 02:23 PM
ROFL... am I wrong?

You're hypocritical.

nychief
08-24-2008, 02:26 PM
rexjake couldn't get a job at a seven eleven so...

GFY!

I am going to go drive my superior japanese car... loser.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Classic O-Bot Line when the Messiah is attacked:

1. Blame Bush
2. Attack Poster
3. Blame Bush
4. Repeat

Noun, verb, smear Obama.

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 02:30 PM
That's because he's a great american.

So Bush jr could not, that must mean he isn't

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Classic O-Bot Line when the Messiah is attacked:

1. Blame Bush
2. Attack Poster
3. Blame Bush
4. Repeat

hey I said he had sex with a donkey

that was a new tactic--not blaming him, I was attacking him

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Typical of any recxjake post

According to the latest Poll of deaf, blind, dumb, vegetables....

MCCAIN IS WINNING

This supports my position so I must post it

nychief
This is the only board I know where people still support CP and Bush...

NCarlsCorner2
So Bush jr could not, that must mean he isn't

Means he didnt want the job.

beer bacon

Interesting factoid: Carl Peterson also supports Bush.

nychief
08-24-2008, 02:35 PM
McCain = Bill Kuharick

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Interesting factoid: Carl Peterson also supports Bush.

Smart man, so does Dick Vermeil.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 02:36 PM
McCain = Bill Kuharick

McCain is Dick Curl.

nychief
I can hear it now.... Arrowhead rocking to a chant of

MELA - NOMA!

Dick Bull
Means he didnt want the job.

After the vicious thrusts from his administrations raping of the legal system since he's been here. I can only drop to my knees, lift my hands way up high and praise the lord almighty that he's not.

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 02:37 PM
McCain is Greg Robinson

FYP

irishjayhawk
08-24-2008, 02:38 PM

It helps when people can justify anything and everything. Redefine anything and everything.

Ask patteeu.

Direckshun
08-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Bush I was in charge of the CIA and he still made a shitty POTUS.

nychief
08-24-2008, 02:42 PM
That's not funny.

Look you're that asshat supporting a 72 year old cancer ridden old dick or a warmonger. deal with it.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 02:42 PM
I can hear it now.... Arrowhead rocking to a chant of

MELA - NOMA!

I can hear them at Bronco Stadium chanting AH-LAH AH-LAH.

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Bush I was in charge of the CIA and he still made a shitty POTUS.

but he was a great american

banyon
08-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Actually they're pretty desperate to recruit Muslims these days. They'd probably be willing to overlook some things.

Donger
08-24-2008, 02:54 PM
ROFL... am I wrong?

Yes.

VAChief
08-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Are you serious?

I wouldn't expect support after dishing out inane crap and then whining when someone flings it back in your face.

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 03:14 PM
There is a line in the sand... making fun of a person with cancer crosses that line.

I love how you get to set the rules

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I would hope everyone would play by that rule...

The last eight years should have taught you something. Nobody listens to the rule-breakers when they whine about the rules. See Putin's reply to the USA telling him Russia had no right to invade a sovereign nation.

***SPRAYER
08-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I love how you get to set the rules

Blackie O's uterus just fell out.

ROFL

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Blackie O'sVROOM VROOM RACE CARD RACE CARD
http://i34.tinypic.com/2eg8f85.jpg http://i34.tinypic.com/2eg8f85.jpg

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 03:21 PM
I would hope everyone would play by that rule... Cancer is not a joke.

You don't have to tell me this. My mom died from cancer when I was 17 years old. However, there are quite a few things that are not a joke/not controllable being used.

Furthermore, MCCain is old and he's got cancer. How is that not pertinent to the conversation of who is going to be the next president?

BCD
08-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Elected officials are allowed to be drug addicts. See Marion Barry...

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Blackie O's uterus just fell out.

ROFL

now I've got it

Youre a racist bastard.

I thought I recognized your typing patterns, your that mofo from deliverance.

Yes you shore doo have a pertty mouth on you

VAChief
08-24-2008, 03:24 PM
There is a line in the sand... making fun of a person with cancer crosses that line.

I wouldn't disagree, but you set yourself up for it regardless. While we are talking about cancer, should that be an issue? I mean if you find his history of melanoma so worrisome, should his health be an issue with voters?

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 03:24 PM
now I've got it

Youre a racist bastard.

I thought I recognized your typing patterns, your that mofo from deliverance.

Yes you shore doo have a pertty mouth on you

This hasn't been spread around the forum much, but shiteater is an advocate of black people paying white reparations for allowing them to live in our glorious nation.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't disagree, but you set yourself up for it regardless. While we are talking about cancer, should that be an issue? I mean if you find his history of melanoma so worrisome, should his health be an issue with voters?

Should the fact that Biden could drop dead at any minute be an issue.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 03:27 PM
This hasn't been spread around the forum much, but shiteater is an advocate of black people paying white reparations for allowing them to live in our glorious nation.We didn't even charge those uppity negroes for the boat ride!

VAChief
08-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Should the fact that Biden could drop dead at any minute be an issue.

Hasn't been an issue for Cheney as VP so I would say no.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Should the fact that Biden could drop dead at any minute be an issue.You do realize that the difference between a 72 year old and a 65 year old is pretty ****in' massive, right?

His biggest health scare was two decades ago.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 03:31 PM
You do realize that the difference between a 72 year old and a 65 year old is pretty ****in' massive, right?

His biggest health scare was two decades ago.

McCain is in better health than Biden.

Donger
08-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Jake, I'm wondering, how did you reach the conclusion that former illegal drug use precludes employment in either the FBI or CIA?

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 03:32 PM

I'm sorry I stand corrected. I wasn't aware that you were the Physician for McCain and Biden

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 03:35 PM

These guys in Saudi Arabia told me that McCain is actually in horrible health, while Biden is in good health for his age. Sorry, you are dead wrong on this.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 03:35 PM
I was reading a PUMA website...

It looks like I found the problem sir.

Donger
08-24-2008, 03:36 PM
I was reading a PUMA website... and this was something they brought up.

The shoe manufacturer?

VAChief
08-24-2008, 03:37 PM

Dr Van Nofstra?

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 03:38 PM
The shoe manufacturer?

everyone knows you can't make a quality shoe if you smoked some reefer in the 60's

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 03:38 PM
McCain is in better health than Biden.Stop. Posting.

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Stop. Posting.

be nice

this is for his 6th grade political science project

Donger
08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
No, the angry Hillary supporters website

Is there some other kind of Hillary supporter?

Anyway, no. I know for a fact that CIA does not consider previous illegal drug use to be an automatic disqualification from employment. I don't know about the FBI, but I'd imagine it's the same.

VAChief
08-24-2008, 03:43 PM

Anyway, no. I know for a fact that CIA does not consider previous illegal drug use to be an automatic disqualification from employment. I don't know about the FBI, but I'd imagine it's the same.

You would be right, its not like they encourage it, but it doesn't disqualify you.

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 03:45 PM
I think you are right if you are honest about it... but the Ayers thing is an entirely different ball game...

flip flopper

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2008, 03:46 PM
flip flopper

recxjake wrong... par for the course.

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 03:47 PM
recxjake wrong... par for the course.

he also wants us to draft Tebow

:D

Donger
08-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I think you are right if you are honest about it... but the Ayers thing is an entirely different ball game...

"An entirely different ball game"? What do you mean?

VAChief
08-24-2008, 03:50 PM

Not everyone lies to make a point.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 03:52 PM

I dont know if you can believe everything that you read, but here it is anyways.

FBI Bows to Modern Realities, Eases Rules on Past Drug Use
Policy Change Comes as Agency Struggles to Fill Openings

By Dan Eggen
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, August 7, 2007; A03

The buttoned-down FBI (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Federal+Bureau+of+Investigation?tid=informline) is loosening up: Under a little-noticed new hiring policy introduced this year, job applicants with a history of drug use will no longer be disqualified from employment throughout the bureau.
Old guidelines barred FBI employment to anyone who had used marijuana more than 15 times in their lives or who had tried other illegal narcotics more than five times.
But those strict numbers no longer apply. Applicants for jobs such as analysts, programmers or special agents must still swear that they have not used any illegal substances recently -- three years for marijuana and 10 years for other drugs -- but they are no longer ruled out of consideration because of more frequent drug use in the past.
Such tolerance of admitted lawbreaking might seem odd for the FBI, whose longtime director J. Edgar Hoover once railed against young thugs filled with "false courage from a Marijuana cigarette."
But FBI officials say the move is simply an acknowledgment of reality in a country where, according to some estimates, up to a third of the population has tried marijuana at some point.
The loosened standards also come as the FBI struggles to fill the jobs it has -- particularly in the areas of counterterrorism and intelligence, which draw from a more varied pool of applicants than traditional agent positions.
"One of the things we came to realize was that our drug policy was largely out of step with the rest of the intelligence community and much of the law enforcement community," said Jeffrey J. Berkin, deputy assistant director of the FBI's security division, which implemented the new guidelines. "We're going to focus less on a hard number and more on a whole-person approach. . . . The new policy just allows us a little more flexibility than the old policy."
Even with the new, looser standards, the FBI's drug-use policy is still among the toughest in federal government and stricter than those of most private companies, Berkin and outside experts note.
The CIA (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/Central+Intelligence+Agency?tid=informline), for example, requires only that applicants have not used illegal drugs within the past 12 months, although "illegal drug use prior to 12 months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing," according to an agency advisory.
Even the Drug Enforcement Administration (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/U.S.+Drug+Enforcement+Administration?tid=informline) leaves open the possibility of hiring employees who admit to "youthful and experimental use of marijuana."
"Such applicants may be considered for employment if there is no evidence of regular, confirmed usage and the full-field background investigation and result of the other steps in the process are otherwise favorable," according to the DEA's Web site.
At the FBI, the new rules allow the bureau to consider "all relevant facts, including the frequency of use," in deciding whether someone's drug history should bar a candidate from becoming an FBI employee.
"Someone who was actually an addict is probably not going to satisfy our needs," Berkin said. "Our standards are still very high. The level of drug history would still have to be something that we would characterize as experimental."
Mark A. de Bernardo, executive director of the Institute for a Drug-Free Workplace, a nonprofit group, said he applauds the FBI for dropping its numerical measures, in part because such requirements could run afoul of disability discrimination laws.
"Someone who may have engaged in illicit drug use 20 years ago -- to say that person can never work at the FBI, that they can never be rehabilitated, would be not only inappropriate but possibly illegal," de Bernardo said. "I don't think this is sending a weaker message; I think the message can be just as strong, which is that we expect you to be drug-free."
Under the FBI's previous policy, many job applicants who, for example, had experimented with marijuana in college often had difficulty recalling precisely how many times they may have used the drug, according to FBI officials and others. Even the definition of what constituted a single use -- one joint? a whole night of partying? -- was open to debate.
"We found it was difficult to draw a meaningful distinction between, for example, 15 uses of marijuana or 16 uses," Berkin said. "It was very arbitrary."
Such uncertainty frequently led to problems on polygraph tests, which the FBI administers to all new employees. You cannot be hired if you are deemed to have failed the polygraph test.
"It was the drug question that was tripping up the most people," said Mark S. Zaid, a Washington defense lawyer who handles many employment disputes involving the FBI and other intelligence agencies. "They realize they were losing good people."
Bruce Mirken, communications director for the Marijuana Policy Project, which advocates looser restrictions on marijuana use, called the policy change "a small step towards sanity" by the FBI.
"What it really does reflect is a reality that lots and lots of people in this society have used marijuana -- some of them have used it a fair amount -- and have gone on to become capable and effective citizens," Mirken said. "Are we really going to stop all those folks from serving our country?"
Rafael Lemaitre, a spokesman for the White House's Office of National Drug Control Policy, said there is no set standard governing past drug use for prospective federal employees. But Lemaitre and others said the FBI's new policy reflects a broader trend.
"Increasingly, this is less about someone who smoked pot a couple times when they were a kid in college and more about 'Do you have a drug problem now and are you lying about it now?' " Lemaitre said. "That's the shift you're seeing in both the private and public sectors."

Donger
08-24-2008, 03:52 PM
When you combine drug use... coke and marijuana... plus hanging out with people that bomb the capital, and other convicted felons... you have a problem.

No, not necessarily. As I said, previous drug use is not viewed as an immediate disqualification at CIA.

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 03:57 PM
When you combine drug use... coke and marijuana... plus hanging out with people that bomb the capital, and other convicted felons... you have a problem.

lol

recxjackass

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 04:04 PM

McCain does have a pretty good relationship with at least one convicted felon by the name of G. Gordon Liddy:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-oped0504chapmanmay04,0,6238795.column

How close are McCain and Liddy? At least as close as Obama and Ayers appear to be. In 1998, Liddy's home was the site of a McCain fundraiser. Over the years, he has made at least four contributions totaling $5,000 to the senator's campaigns -- including $1,000 this year.

Last November, McCain went on his radio show. Liddy greeted him as "an old friend," and McCain sounded like one. "I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your family," he gushed. "It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

Steve Chapman Steve Chapman Bio | E-mail | Recent columns

Which principles would those be? The ones that told Liddy it was fine to break into the office of the Democratic National Committee to plant bugs and photograph documents? The ones that made him propose to kidnap anti-war activists so they couldn't disrupt the 1972 Republican National Convention? The ones that inspired him to plan the murder (never carried out) of an unfriendly newspaper columnist?

Liddy was in the thick of the biggest political scandal in American history -- and one of the greatest threats to the rule of law. He has said he has no regrets about what he did, insisting that he went to jail as "a prisoner of war."

All this may sound like ancient history. But it's from the same era as the bombings Ayers helped carry out as a member of the Weather Underground. And Liddy's penchant for extreme solutions has not abated.

In 1994, after the disastrous federal raid on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, he gave some advice to his listeners: "Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. ... Kill the sons of bitches."

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 04:06 PM
McCain does have a pretty good relationship with at least one convicted felon by the name of G. Gordon Libby:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-oped0504chapmanmay04,0,6238795.column

How close are McCain and Liddy? At least as close as Obama and Ayers appear to be. In 1998, Liddy's home was the site of a McCain fundraiser. Over the years, he has made at least four contributions totaling $5,000 to the senator's campaigns -- including $1,000 this year.

Last November, McCain went on his radio show. Liddy greeted him as "an old friend," and McCain sounded like one. "I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your family," he gushed. "It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

Steve Chapman Steve Chapman Bio | E-mail | Recent columns

Which principles would those be? The ones that told Liddy it was fine to break into the office of the Democratic National Committee to plant bugs and photograph documents? The ones that made him propose to kidnap anti-war activists so they couldn't disrupt the 1972 Republican National Convention? The ones that inspired him to plan the murder (never carried out) of an unfriendly newspaper columnist?

Liddy was in the thick of the biggest political scandal in American history -- and one of the greatest threats to the rule of law. He has said he has no regrets about what he did, insisting that he went to jail as "a prisoner of war."

All this may sound like ancient history. But it's from the same era as the bombings Ayers helped carry out as a member of the Weather Underground. And Liddy's penchant for extreme solutions has not abated.

In 1994, after the disastrous federal raid on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, he gave some advice to his listeners: "Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. ... Kill the sons of bitches."

yeah that pretty much ends this thread

HolmeZz
08-24-2008, 04:15 PM

:spock:

kstater
08-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Did Obama even apply to the CIA or FBI?

banyon
08-24-2008, 04:30 PM
McCain does have a pretty good relationship with at least one convicted felon by the name of G. Gordon Liddy

Don't forget Charles Keating. (seriously check out Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Keating)) LMAO.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Biden had a brain anyurism.. I think

He had two and nearly died.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 04:39 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/2lm8goo.jpg

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 04:44 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/2lm8goo.jpg

Your right Biden should be wearing his helmet.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Did Obama even apply to the CIA or FBI?

The fact that he's friends with terrorist wont allow him to apply, drug use might be ok, but i'm sure terrorist ties are a no no.

kstater
08-24-2008, 04:53 PM
The fact that he's friends with terrorist wont allow him to apply, drug use might be ok, but i'm sure terrorist ties are a no no.

Gotcha. So, if he's elected, do you think he'll change the hiring practices so his terrorist friends can get jobs there?

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 04:55 PM

So under this premise John McCain would not be eligible either because of his much closer ties to G. Gordon Liddy?

Mr. Laz
08-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Think about it...

A person with Obama’s resume applying to the CIA or FBI couldn’t get the job due to past associations (Ayers) and admitted drug use...

hmm....
your boy Bush couldn't get a job with the CIA/FBI

2 reasons why Bush couldn't get a job that come immediately to mind.

1. coke use
2. moron

Logical
08-24-2008, 04:56 PM
This is the only board I know where people still support CP and Bush...Not many but we do attract retarded posters and our policy is to not discriminate.:thumb:

Logical
08-24-2008, 04:57 PM
So under this premise John McCain would not be eligible either because of his much closer ties to G. Gordon Liddy?Fact

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Your right Biden should be wearing his helmet.Joe Biden plays baseball? And you claim he's unhealthy?

http://i33.tinypic.com/2r7m0xv.jpg

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 04:59 PM
So under this premise John McCain would not be eligible either because of his much closer ties to G. Gordon Liddy?

What did G. Gordon Liddy blow up.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 05:02 PM
What did G. Gordon Liddy blow up.

Answer the question.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Answer the question.

Liddy is not a terrorist.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Liddy is not a terrorist.

Do you have an answer yet? Just going to keep dodging?

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Can someone tell what William Ayers was convicted of doing?

NCarlsCorner2
Do you have an answer yet? Just going to keep dodging?

Sorry if you dont like the answer, but Liddy is not a terrorist like Ayars.

beer bacon
Sorry if you dont like the answer, but Liddy is not a terrorist like Ayars.

That isn't an answer to my question.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 05:11 PM
That isn't an answer to my question.

What is your question?

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 05:12 PM

It was on the last page, and it was a direct reply to one of your posts, but here it is again.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Anyone know what crime(s) William Ayers was convicted of doing?

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 05:14 PM
It was on the last page, and it was a direct reply to one of your posts, but here it is again.

Since I said ties to a terrorist would keep Obama out and the fact that Liddy is not a terrorist the answer is that it would not effect McCain.

Messier
08-24-2008, 05:15 PM
So should those children that were looked after by the 9/11 high jacker be turned down as well? They have had close ties to a known terrorist.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Since I said ties to a terrorist would keep Obama out and the fact that Liddy is not a terrorist the answer is that it would not effect McCain.

I would like you to explain why Obama's relationship, and by relationship I mean they were on the same 10 person board for a charity, is such an awful thing, while you seem to think McCain's longtime friendship with G. Gordon Liddy is just fine a dandy.

Liddy was one of the men who committed one of the greatest attacks upon democracy in the history of our nation, and he is largely unrepentant. He convicted on felony charges for his crimes. McCain has publicly praised Liddy and has said him, ""I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your family," he gushed. "It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great." Are these the same principles that led Liddy to attempt subvert the democratic process of our nation?

McCain has held at fundraiser at Liddy's home and he has donated thousands of dollars to McCain. Liddy advocates the murder of federal agents publicly.

Apparently, none of this is important since it doesn't fit your definition of terrist.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 05:26 PM
I would like you to explain why Obama's relationship, and by relationship I mean they were on the same 10 person board for a charity, is such an awful thing, while you seem to think McCain's longtime friendship with G. Gordon Liddy is just fine a dandy.

Liddy was one of the men who committed one of the greatest attacks upon democracy in the history of our nation, and he is largely unrepentant. He convicted on felony charges for his crimes. McCain has publicly praised Liddy and has said him, ""I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your family," he gushed. "It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great." Are these the same principles that led Liddy to attempt subvert the democratic process of our nation?

McCain has held at fundraiser at Liddy's home and he has donated thousands of dollars to McCain. Liddy advocates the murder of federal agents publicly.

Apparently, none of this is important since it doesn't fit your definition of terrist.

Has Liddy ever killed someone and said that wished that he had killed more.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Has Liddy ever killed someone and said that wished that he had killed more.

Was Ayers convicted of killing anyone?

banyon
08-24-2008, 05:28 PM
I think I've said this before, but if you're going to try to have this standard that presidential candidates should be held accountable not just for the things they have said, but for the things everyone they have ever known has said in their lifetime, then needless to say, we couldn't have any presidential candidates. It's a ridiculous premise.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I think I've said this before, but if you're going to try to have this standard that presidential candidates should be held accountable not just for the things they have said, but for the things everyone they have ever known has said in their lifetime, then needless to say, we couldn't have any presidential candidates. It's a ridiculous premise.

You just need to make sure to have plenty of double standards for your candidate. NCarlsCorner2 can give you some tips on this type of self-delusion.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 05:30 PM

No, but it wasnt because he didnt do it, it was because of lack of evidence, but he has said that they killed people and that they should have killed more did he not, if were being honest, lets be honest.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 05:32 PM
No, but it wasnt because he didnt do it, it was because of lack of evidence, but he has said that they killed people and that they should have killed more did he not, if were being honest, lets be honest.

So Bill Ayers isn't a convicted felon? I didn't know that.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 05:40 PM
So Bill Ayers isn't a convicted felon? I didn't know that.

Is O.J Simpson a felonist?

Maybe he's still looking for the real killer.

banyon
08-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Oh, OJ really did it, therefore everyone who has ever been found not guilty did it too. Impeccable logic there.

Felonist?

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh, OJ really did it, therefore everyone who has ever been found not guilty did it too. Impeccable logic there.

Felonist?

Pull your head out, the guy has admitted that his group has killed people and wished that they killed more, if you want to defend this guy i'm done.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Pull your head out, the guy has admitted that his group has killed people and wished that they killed more, if you want to defend this guy i'm done.

I could really give two shits about Bill Ayers. I just find your affinity for a perpetrator of one of the greatest attacks on democracy in the history of our nation odd.

WilliamTheIrish
08-24-2008, 06:18 PM
" Liddy has said that, as a child, he grew up in a German-American community that included many admirers of Adolf Hitler, and that listening to Hitler's speeches "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before".

Sounds like the just the kind of guy you want your candidate hanging with.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Sounds like the just the kind of guy you want your candidate hanging with.

He truly embodies the principles and philosophies that have made our country great.

VAChief
08-24-2008, 06:30 PM

So where is the link that there is a direct connection that even matters? I mean other than the $200 donation to his election and that they served together on an 8 person board of directors? If that's all you got then I think I would just shut up.

***SPRAYER
08-24-2008, 06:31 PM

Not from lack of trying.

You stupid moonbat.

:drool:

banyon
08-24-2008, 06:31 PM

Okay, I've looked this s*** up. Where did he say this?

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Not from lack of trying.

You stupid moonbat.

:drool:

your weapons of mass destruction bs has killed more Americans than any group associated with BO

Obama was 8 years old when the guy did this

banyon
08-24-2008, 06:49 PM
your weapons of mass destruction bs has killed more Americans than any group associated with BO

Obama was 8 years old when the guy did this

He was probably holding the matches for him11!!1

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 06:50 PM
He was probably holding the matches for him11!!1

that's how he rolls

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Okay, I've looked this s*** up. Where did he say this?

right here.

In 1995, State Senator Alice Palmer introduced her chosen successor, Barack Obama, to a few of the district’s influential liberals at the home of two well known figures on the local left: William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.

While Ayers and Dohrn may be thought of in Hyde Park as local activists, they’re better known nationally as two of the most notorious — and unrepentant — figures from the violent fringe of the 1960s anti-war movement.

Now, as Obama runs for president, what two guests recall as an unremarkable gathering on the road to a minor elected office stands as a symbol of how swiftly he has risen from a man in the Hyde Park left to one closing in fast on the Democratic nomination for president.

“I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers’ house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress,” said Dr. Quentin Young, a prominent Chicago physician and advocate for single-payer health care, of the informal gathering at the home of Ayers and his wife, Dohrn. “[Palmer] identified [Obama] as her successor.”

Obama and Palmer “were both there,” he said.

Obama’s connections to Ayers and Dorhn have been noted in some fleeting news coverage in the past. But the visit by Obama to their home — part of a campaign courtship — reflects more extensive interaction than has been previously reported.
Neither Ayers nor the Obama campaign would describe the relationship between the two men. Dr. Young described Obama and Ayers as “friends,” but there’s no evidence their relationship is more than the casual friendship of two men who occupy overlapping Chicago political circles and who served together on the board of a Chicago foundation.

<!&mdash;&mdash;&mdash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;end content&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdash;&mdash;&mdash;><!&mdash;&mdash;&mdash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;end sidebar&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdash;&mdash;&mdash;>But Obama’s relationship with Ayers is an especially vivid milepost on his rise, in record time, from a local official who unabashedly reflected a very liberal district to the leader of national movement based largely on the claim that he can transcend ideological divides.

In one sense, Obama’s journey toward the cultural and political center is not unusual among national politicians. But its velocity is.

Politicians of an earlier generation had their own relationships with figures now far to their left. Hillary Rodham Clinton, for instance, interned at a radical San Francisco law firm while in law school.

On the other side of the political spectrum, many in the generation before hers shifted dramatically on civil rights. John McCain voted against creating a holiday to honor Martin Luther King Jr. and later called that a mistake.

The relationship with Ayers gives context to his recent past in Hyde Park politics. It’s milieu in which a former violent radical was a stalwart of the local scene, not especially controversial.

It’s also a scene whose liberal ideological features — while taken for granted by the Chicago press corps that knows Obama best — provides a jarring contrast with Obama’s current, anti-ideological stance. This contrast between past and present — not least the Ayers connection — is virtually certain to be a subject Republican operatives will warm to if Obama is the Democratic nominee.

The tension between the present and recent Chicago past is also evident in some of his positions on major national issues. Many national politicians, including Clinton, have moved toward the center over time. But Obama’s transitions are still quite fresh.

A questionnaire from his 1996 campaign indicated more blanket opposition to the death penalty, and support of abortion rights, than he currently espouses. He spoke in support of single-payer health care as recently as 2003.

Like many of the most extreme figures from the 1960s Ayers and Dohrn are ambiguous figures in American life.

They disappeared in 1970, after a bomb — designed to kill army officers in New Jersey — accidentally destroyed a Greenwich Village townhouse, and turned themselves into authorities in 1980. They were never prosecuted for their involvement with the 25 bombings the Weather Underground claimed; charges were dropped because of improper FBI surveillance.

Both have written and spoken at length about their pasts, and today he is an advocate for progressive education and a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago; she’s an associate professor of law at Northwestern University.

But — unlike some other fringe figures of the era — they’re also flatly unrepentant about the bombings they committed in the name of ending the war, defending them on the grounds that they killed no one, except, accidentally, their own members.

Dohrn, however, was jailed for less than a year for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating other Weather Underground members’ robbery of a Brinks truck, in which a guard and two New York State Troopers were killed.

“I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough,” Ayers told the New York Times in 2001.

And their rehabilitation in establishment circles, even in Hyde Park, has its limits.

Though he is a respected figure in liberal educational circles, Ayers wrote recently about how in 2006 he was informed he was persona non grata at a progressive educators’ conference in the summer of 2006.
“We cannot risk a simplistic and dubious association between progressive education and the violent aspects of your past,” he quoted the conference organizers, whom he described as friends, as writing to him.

But the couple has been embraced, by and large, in the liberal circles dominating Hyde Park politics.

“Bill Ayers is one of my heroes in life,” said Sam Ackerman, a longtime local activist. “I knew Tony Rezko, and he ain’t no Rezko.”

But others in Hyde Park, whose intellectual and political life revolves around the University of Chicago, view the couple with ambivalence.

banyon
08-24-2008, 07:18 PM
right here.

In 1995, State Senator Alice Palmer introduced her chosen successor, Barack Obama, to a few of the district’s influential liberals at the home of two well known figures on the local left: William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.

While Ayers and Dohrn may be thought of in Hyde Park as local activists, they’re better known nationally as two of the most notorious — and unrepentant — figures from the violent fringe of the 1960s anti-war movement.

Now, as Obama runs for president, what two guests recall as an unremarkable gathering on the road to a minor elected office stands as a symbol of how swiftly he has risen from a man in the Hyde Park left to one closing in fast on the Democratic nomination for president.

“I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers’ house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress,” said Dr. Quentin Young, a prominent Chicago physician and advocate for single-payer health care, of the informal gathering at the home of Ayers and his wife, Dohrn. “[Palmer] identified [Obama] as her successor.”

Obama and Palmer “were both there,” he said.

Obama’s connections to Ayers and Dorhn have been noted in some fleeting news coverage in the past. But the visit by Obama to their home — part of a campaign courtship — reflects more extensive interaction than has been previously reported.
Neither Ayers nor the Obama campaign would describe the relationship between the two men. Dr. Young described Obama and Ayers as “friends,” but there’s no evidence their relationship is more than the casual friendship of two men who occupy overlapping Chicago political circles and who served together on the board of a Chicago foundation.

<!&mdash;&mdash;&mdash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;end content&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdash;&mdash;&mdash;><!&mdash;&mdash;&mdash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;dash;end sidebar&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdas&mdash;&mdash;&mdash;>But Obama’s relationship with Ayers is an especially vivid milepost on his rise, in record time, from a local official who unabashedly reflected a very liberal district to the leader of national movement based largely on the claim that he can transcend ideological divides.

In one sense, Obama’s journey toward the cultural and political center is not unusual among national politicians. But its velocity is.

Politicians of an earlier generation had their own relationships with figures now far to their left. Hillary Rodham Clinton, for instance, interned at a radical San Francisco law firm while in law school.

On the other side of the political spectrum, many in the generation before hers shifted dramatically on civil rights. John McCain voted against creating a holiday to honor Martin Luther King Jr. and later called that a mistake.

The relationship with Ayers gives context to his recent past in Hyde Park politics. It’s milieu in which a former violent radical was a stalwart of the local scene, not especially controversial.

It’s also a scene whose liberal ideological features — while taken for granted by the Chicago press corps that knows Obama best — provides a jarring contrast with Obama’s current, anti-ideological stance. This contrast between past and present — not least the Ayers connection — is virtually certain to be a subject Republican operatives will warm to if Obama is the Democratic nominee.

The tension between the present and recent Chicago past is also evident in some of his positions on major national issues. Many national politicians, including Clinton, have moved toward the center over time. But Obama’s transitions are still quite fresh.

A questionnaire from his 1996 campaign indicated more blanket opposition to the death penalty, and support of abortion rights, than he currently espouses. He spoke in support of single-payer health care as recently as 2003.

Like many of the most extreme figures from the 1960s Ayers and Dohrn are ambiguous figures in American life.

They disappeared in 1970, after a bomb — designed to kill army officers in New Jersey — accidentally destroyed a Greenwich Village townhouse, and turned themselves into authorities in 1980. They were never prosecuted for their involvement with the 25 bombings the Weather Underground claimed; charges were dropped because of improper FBI surveillance.

Both have written and spoken at length about their pasts, and today he is an advocate for progressive education and a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago; she’s an associate professor of law at Northwestern University.

But — unlike some other fringe figures of the era — they’re also flatly unrepentant about the bombings they committed in the name of ending the war, defending them on the grounds that they killed no one, except, accidentally, their own members.

Dohrn, however, was jailed for less than a year for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating other Weather Underground members’ robbery of a Brinks truck, in which a guard and two New York State Troopers were killed.

“I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough,” Ayers told the New York Times in 2001.

And their rehabilitation in establishment circles, even in Hyde Park, has its limits.

Though he is a respected figure in liberal educational circles, Ayers wrote recently about how in 2006 he was informed he was persona non grata at a progressive educators’ conference in the summer of 2006.
“We cannot risk a simplistic and dubious association between progressive education and the violent aspects of your past,” he quoted the conference organizers, whom he described as friends, as writing to him.

But the couple has been embraced, by and large, in the liberal circles dominating Hyde Park politics.

“Bill Ayers is one of my heroes in life,” said Sam Ackerman, a longtime local activist. “I knew Tony Rezko, and he ain’t no Rezko.”

But others in Hyde Park, whose intellectual and political life revolves around the University of Chicago, view the couple with ambivalence.

Right where?

VAChief
08-24-2008, 07:25 PM
right here.

noted in some fleeting news coverage in the past.

How does this prove important again?

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 07:27 PM
How does this prove important again?

It proves that Obama is friends with a terrorist, I report you decide.ROFL

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 07:29 PM

no it proves 13 years ago obama met someone who was a terrorists 25 years prior

VAChief
08-24-2008, 07:35 PM

I knew a guy in high school casually through athletics...he moved to Arkansas and years later he hosed down a highway patrolman with automatic weapons he was running for a white supremacist group. I hardly think his views and decisions in life should affect how others view me.

Dick Bull
08-24-2008, 07:36 PM
I knew a guy in high school casually through athletics...he moved to Arkansas and years later he hosed down a highway patrolman with automatic weapons he was running for a white supremacist group. I hardly think his views and decisions in life should affect how others view me.
That's logic
the further to the right one gos the less logic you need

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 07:38 PM

Did he help you further yourself along in your career like Ayers did for Obama.

Jenson71
08-24-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't understand the dislike for George Bush Sr. in this thread. I like him. I think he was a good leader and person.

NCarlsCorner2
08-24-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't understand the dislike for George Bush Sr. in this thread. I like him. I think he was a good leader and person.

He still is a good person.

beer bacon
08-24-2008, 07:48 PM

Source this.

WilliamTheIrish
08-24-2008, 07:58 PM
right here

Can I get a link to this?

Logical
08-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Did he help you further yourself along in your career like Ayers did for Obama.That is nothing more than an unsourced Hannity rumor, even Hannity has made no attempt to legitimize the statement.

banyon
08-24-2008, 08:17 PM

Did you ever find where Ayers said he wished he'd killed more people?

Because it wasn't in the "right here" post.

Messier
08-24-2008, 09:35 PM

How did Ayers do this again?

whatsmynameagain
08-24-2008, 10:10 PM
rexcjake's mouth and asshole interchangable?

penchief
08-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Is it any wonder our country is screwed when people like rexjake are voting? I've never seen anyone so ignorant think they are so smart. No wonder people like George W. Bush can get elected.

Fishpicker
08-24-2008, 11:51 PM

I bet Papa Bush could get him in, his name is on CIA headquarters.