PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Fantasy Football Vets, lend me your ears.

arrowheadnation
08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
I finally got into a job position where we have a fantasy football league. The only problem is, the guy who used to run it is no longer with the company. Someone else took it over this year, but it's pretty obvious, he's not sure what he's doing. Could one of you people who has done this for years give me the best scenario possible based on the live draft we had last night? We did a 16 round draft and basically everybody ended up with 4 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WR/TEs, 2 Defenses, 2 Kickers. I was under the impression that you started 2QBs, 2 RBs, 2WRs, 1 TE, 1 Defense, and 1 K every week. I was just wondering if that would be the correct setup for the draft that we had. My team is below. Feel free to critique if you'd like. Many thanks in advance for the help.

1 Ladanian Tomlinson RB
2 Carson Palmer QB
3 Larry Johnson RB
4 Braylon Edwards WR
5 Derek Anderson QB
6 Chargers Defense
7 Heath Miller TE
8 Calvin Johnson WR
9 Brandon Jacobs RB
10 Nate Kaeding K
11 Santana Moss WR
12 Matt Ryan QB
13 DeAngelo Williams RB
14 Tennessee Titans Defense
15 Brady Quinn QB
16 Jeff Reed K

DaKCMan AP
08-25-2008, 09:56 AM
If everyone in your league has 4QBs then I would see it appropriate to start the following each week:

2 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 RB/WR/TE
1D

DaKCMan AP
08-25-2008, 09:57 AM
LT, LJ, Edwards and Palmer is a nice combo.

ChiefGator
08-25-2008, 10:17 AM
I worry about Derek Anderson. I haven't followed CLEV's training camp notes, but I just wonder how long Quinn is going to sit there, and I wonder if Anderson really has it. But, you drafted Quinn late, which I like.

How many players in your league? This early, I would rather have a potential big player sitting in positions 14 and 16. Someone who MAY get starts at RB, but may not. Someone like Julius Jones, or Kevin Jones. You can always pick up a K and Defense the week you need them, when you know if your gamble pans out. And I would rather have an insurance policy sitting there as well, in case a couple starters go down.

Just my 2 cents.

btlook1
08-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Chargers D nice pick.

Hey they get to play our offense twice a year don't leave them on the bench those weeks!