PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How can the Chiefs win this year - their own words

InChiefsHell
08-25-2008, 09:52 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/596/story/761271.html

How can the Chiefs win this season? Here are their answers.

How can the Chiefs win this season?

DEMORRIO WILLIAMS, linebacker

“Everybody has to make plays. Everybody has to bring something to the table to help this team. Winning is not one person; it’s not an individual. Everybody’s got a job. If you do this job, I feel like we’ll win.”

DWAYNE BOWE, wide receiver

“Play together and play all four quarters. Last year, we had three quarters of fight in us. Herm’s making sure that we’ve got all four quarters this year.”

BRANDEN ALBERT, offensive tackle

“Just play physical, play together, play smart. That’s all we’ve got to do. That’s one thing they’re trying to instill in us right now. You’ve got an offense, they set it up to where you go hit somebody and be physical and play football.”

JARRAD PAGE, free safety

“It’s going to take believing, man. You don’t think about anything else other than winning. It sucks to have to say we were in most of our games (last year); we were blown out one time at Denver. We just have to know that when it comes down to that fourth quarter, we can be on the other side of that.”

TONY GONZALEZ, tight end

“We’ve just got to keep going. As far as expectations at this point, I’m not having any. I just want to go out there and be competitive.”

LARRY JOHNSON, running back

“We need everybody to stay together, the offense to stay together. As long as we do that, then everything will work.”

BRODIE CROYLE, quarterback

“Just go out there and play smart. Don’t turn the ball over, don’t take sacks. Play good defense, run the ball, and we’ll be right there. Obviously, a lot of people aren’t giving us much of a shot. But that’s not always a bad place to start. You can kind of sneak up on people that way.”

DUSTIN COLQUITT, punter

“We don’t have a lot of dead weight. Last year, we had a couple things that kind of happened, and they snowballed. This year, the players that we acquired through free agency and through the draft, we’ve got a fresh start. Guys are really hungry.”

GLENN DORSEY, defensive tackle

“I feel like the sky is the limit. The only way is the way up. We can only improve on what we did last year. A lot of people are not really giving us a chance, but we’re going to surprise a lot of people this year. You can see it in people’s eyes.”

DONNIE EDWARDS, linebacker

“Very simple. Football is an easy game. All you’ve got to do is have more points than the other team. That’s pretty simple, right?”

TYRON BRACKENRIDGE, cornerback

“Playing together as one. When you’ve got a bunch of individuals playing the game, you’ll never win.”

| Compiled by Kent Babb, kbabb@kcstar.com

Donnie Edwards rules...best answer of them all. TG seems pretty resigned that they will suck this year.

The article does not say anything about when these quotes were gathered, so I don't know if this was before or after this last weekend's abortion...

Reerun_KC
08-25-2008, 09:54 AM
DEMORRIO WILLIAMS, linebacker

“Everybody has to make plays. Everybody has to bring something to the table to help this team. Winning is not one person; it’s not an individual. Everybody’s got a job. If you do this job, I feel like we’ll win.”

Jesus what a stupid football player! EVERYBODY knows that the reason the Chiefs are losing is because of Brodie Croyle... No wonder we sux, our players arent as smart as the ChiefsPlanet members!

Claynus
08-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Wow. Was Herm whispering in their ears?

Reerun_KC
08-25-2008, 10:00 AM

“Just go out there and play smart. Don’t turn the ball over, don’t take sacks. Play good defense, run the ball, and we’ll be right there. Obviously, a lot of people aren’t giving us much of a shot. But that’s not always a bad place to start. You can kind of sneak up on people that way.”

:dammit:

Damn you Croyle for not being Manning and being a system QB for Herm!

Reerun_KC
08-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Wow. Was Herm whispering in their ears?
Its sad to see such great players stepping down to the level of Herm...

Cormac
08-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Check out the season vet's response (Tony G.) and then the wide-eyed rookie's response (Dorsey).......

I'm afraid TG knows more about what this league takes than Dorsey....

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2008, 11:01 AM

:dammit:

Damn you Croyle for not being Manning and being a system QB for Herm!

In all honesty that is what Manning does for the Colts.

Fruit Ninja
08-25-2008, 11:06 AM
In KCXIV"s words...

"Hope half of the other teams players come down with some kind of injury"

Reerun_KC
08-25-2008, 11:12 AM
In all honesty that is what Manning does for the Colts.
True... Manning has an OL that blocks and WR's that catch the ball..

Demonpenz
08-25-2008, 11:12 AM
We def need to run the ball and play defense

InChiefsHell
08-25-2008, 11:58 AM
True... Manning has an OL that blocks and WR's that catch the ball..

...a novel concept indeed...:hmmm:

Dylan
08-25-2008, 12:07 PM
DWAYNE BOWE, wide receiver

“Play together and play all four quarters. Last year, we had three quarters of fight in us. Herm’s making sure that we’ve got all four quarters this year.”

No disrespect --

Dwayne Bowe's comment should raise eyebrows.

RustShack
08-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Croyle is basically ****ed, he learned from Huard.. so he doesn't know how to go out and make plays to win.

Reerun_KC
08-25-2008, 12:11 PM
...a novel concept indeed...:hmmm:

What concerns me is football has stopped being a team sport in KC... Everyone including Herm, Huard last year, gets excuses and free passes... but when croyle throws a cup at the trash can in practice and misses...

Well then 90% of the Chiefsplant melts down and cries like a bunch of bitches about an overthrow of that said trashcan.