PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Obama's Mentor Calls Hillary Supporter An Uncle Tom!!!

BigCatDaddy
08-25-2008, 11:57 AM
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/25/chicago-clinton-supporter-obama-mentor-called-me-uncle-tom/

A black delegate from Chicago who is supporting Hillary Clinton has claimed Barack Obama’s mentor called her an “Uncle Tom.”

The Chicago Sun Times reported Monday that two aldermen said they heard Emil Jones, who is also black, call political consultant Delmarie Cobb the racist term, but they thought he was joking.

“Last night, I was called an ‘Uncle Tom’ by Emil Jones in the lobby of the hotel, right in front of Freddrenna Lyle and Leslie Hairston and Latasha Thomas,” said Cobb, a member of Clinton’s Illinois Steering Committee, according to the newspaper. “I walked over to him and asked him, ‘What did you just call me?’”

Lyle dismissed the exchange and gently scolded Jones, but Cobb said she has gotten considerable flak in the African-American community because of her solid support for Clinton, the Sun-Times wrote.

Jones is retiring as state Senate president this year and his son Emil Jones III is already locked to succeed him for his south suburban and South Side Senate seat.

In a feature story out Sunday, The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Jones found Obama to be a pushy community organizer when he first started in politics, but liked him from the start. Critics noted that Obama’s reformist credentials may be tarred by his association to Jones, who they say is a stalwart in Chicago’s notorious political “machine.”

***SPRAYER
08-31-2008, 06:20 PM
That's not very nice.