PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Biden slams McCain on foreign policy hypocrisy

Chiefnj2
08-25-2008, 12:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmHBTD7-og

I like it. Biden is good at insulting McCain and Bush in a clear, concise, and intelligent manner.

Donger
08-25-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm curious, but does anyone remember previous VP candidates going after the opponents POTUS pick?

mlyonsd
08-25-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm curious, but does anyone remember previous VP candidates going after the opponents POTUS pick?

Change.......hope.

BigCatDaddy
08-25-2008, 12:35 PM
So was Biden for McCain as president before he was against him as President? Can't we change the Obama/Biden ticket to Flip/Flopper. Now that's a change I can believe in :)

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 12:36 PM

Is there any reason not to?

Donger
08-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Is there any reason not to?

It may introduce the argument that Barack Hussein likes others to do his fighting for him, IMO.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 12:39 PM
It may introduce the argument that Barack Hussein likes others to do his fighting for him, IMO.

Isn't that what a CIC does?

Donger
08-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Isn't that what a CIC does?

From a political perspective, no. That's why I asked the question. It's just an interesting tactic.

beer bacon
08-25-2008, 12:44 PM
It is standard for the VP candidate to act as the attack dog.

J Diddy
From a political perspective, no. That's why I asked the question. It's just an interesting tactic.

we're playing to win, oh yeah

irishjayhawk

So, a CIC, is on the battlefield fighting?

Donger
08-25-2008, 12:46 PM
It is standard for the VP candidate to act as the attack dog.

Yes, but like I said, I can't recall a VP candidate going after the other POTUS pick directly. It seems clear that the Barack Hussein camp has made the decision that Biden should go after McCain.

I wonder why that is.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Yes, but like I said, I can't recall a VP candidate going after the other POTUS pick directly. It seems clear that the Barack Hussein camp has made the decision that Biden should go after McCain.

I wonder why that is.

Because Biden is usually brutally honest. To the point where it hurts him sometimes. :shrug:

Alphaman
08-25-2008, 12:47 PM
So was Biden for McCain as president before he was against him as President? Can't we change the Obama/Biden ticket to Flip/Flopper. Now that's a change I can believe in :)

He respected the 2000 version of McCain, but he has flip/flopped his way into the 2008 version which Biden believes would be very bad for this country (just like the past 8 years).

Donger
So, a CIC, is on the battlefield fighting?

Again, I'm talking about politics, not combat.

banyon

I wonder why that is.

Wow. As beer bacon pointed out, that's been a traditional role for VP's in elections (what else are they supposed to do?). In any event it's surprising you weren't familiar with that historical role in campaigns.

Donger
Because Biden is usually brutally honest. To the point where it hurts him sometimes. :shrug:

Barack Hussein isn't capable of being brutally honest?

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Again, I'm talking about politics, not combat.

Politics leads to combat occasionally, no?

beer bacon
08-25-2008, 12:49 PM

I wonder why that is.

Frankly, I don't understand the use in going after VP candidates. In my opinion, 90+ percent are going to vote for the guy at the top of the ticket, not the bottom. If you are attacking, you attack the guy that people are going to vote for or against, not the guy that will always be at the periphery.

irishjayhawk

No, simply because Biden has the upper hand in the duo - and with respect to McCain - on Foreign policy. Or so, it would seem.

If we see other aspects, then perhaps it can be taken as a sign that Obama wants to have his change and eat it too.

beer bacon
Wow. As beer bacon pointed out, that's been a traditional role for VP's in elections (what else are they supposed to do?). In any event it's surprising you weren't familiar with that historical role in campaigns.

I do find it odd that donger thinks this is unusual.

Donger

Like I said, I can't recall a VP candidate going after the other side's POTUS pick.

Can you?

I'm not saying it hasn't happened. Maybe it has. I just don't remember any specific time.

I guess the argument could be made that since McCain hasn't announced his pick, who else should Biden be attacking?

dirk digler
08-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Is it me or does the link posted talk about the rally not what Biden says?

Direckshun
08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
"Senator Kerry has asked that we fight a more sensitive war on terror. America has been in too many wars for any of our wishes, but not a one of them was won by being sensitive."

-Dick Cheney (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/12/cheney.kerry/index.html)

Donger
08-25-2008, 12:56 PM

Yes, it goes to the March of The Freaks.

Pitt Gorilla
08-25-2008, 12:56 PM

I wonder why that is.Honestly, Donger, nobody believes you're this ignorant/aloof.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/09/26/cheney.ap/index.html

banyon
08-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Like I said, I can't recall a VP candidate going after the other side's POTUS pick.

Can you?

I'm not saying it hasn't happened. Maybe it has. I just don't remember any specific time.

I guess the argument could be made that since McCain hasn't announced his pick, who else should Biden be attacking?

Cheney attacks Kerry's record on the military. (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B01E2DC1231F93BA25750C0A9629C8B63)

Vice-president attacks Kerry's lack of resolve on war and peace (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/sep/02/uselections2004.usa3)

Cheney, Miller Forcefully Attack Kerry (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=3885253)

Cheney attacks Kerry about bin Laden tape (http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/11/01/loc_elex1bushcheney.html)

Cheney Vows To Attack U.S. If Kerry Elected (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30742)

Cheney attacks Kerry in Milwaukee visit (http://www.dailycardinal.com/article/13489)

Cheney attacks Kerry’s remarks on war in Iraq (http://archive.seacoastonline.com/2004news/09082004/news/36367.htm)

Election 2004: Cheney attacks Kerry during FGCU speech (http://m.naplesnews.com/news/2004/Oct/15/ndn_election_2004__cheney_attacks_kerry_during_fgc/)

(BTW one of these is fake: see if you can spot it :D)

Donger
Fair enough. I just didn't recall any specifics.

irishjayhawk
Fair enough. I just didn't recall any specifics.

I really don't think people believe your alleged ignorance. Or if they do, they know it's intentional.

Donger
08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
I really don't think people believe your alleged ignorance. Or if they do, they know it's intentional.

That's nice.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Politics leads to combat occasionally, no?

So, Donger, what was your answer?

Pitt Gorilla
08-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Change.......hope.What are you talking about?

Donger
08-25-2008, 01:05 PM
So, Donger, what was your answer?

I think that Barack Hussein is using Biden to overcome his lack of foreign policy experience. It's nice to see that he acknowledges that, honestly.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 01:06 PM
I think that Barack Hussein is using Biden to overcome his lack of foreign policy experience. It's nice to see that he acknowledges that, honestly.

Politics leads to combat, no?

Donger
08-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Politics leads to combat, no?

Lots of things can lead to combat.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Lots of things can lead to combat.

Politics can lead to combat, no?

Cannibal
08-25-2008, 01:11 PM

If I remember correctly... Cheney slammed Kerry every chance he got. I am surprised you don't remember.

Donger
08-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Politics can lead to combat, no?

Sure. So can many other things.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Sure. So can many other things.

So, it isn't a stretch to say that to be CIC you must have other people do your fighting?

Donger
08-25-2008, 01:20 PM
So, it isn't a stretch to say that to be CIC you must have other people do your fighting?

On a battlefield or war?

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 01:27 PM
On a battlefield or war?

what?

several battlefields=a war

dirk digler
08-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Yes, it goes to the March of The Freaks.

Ok color me confused where does the Biden slams McCain part come in?

Donger
08-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Ok color me confused where does the Biden slams McCain part come in?

ROFL

I have no idea.

dirk digler
08-25-2008, 01:37 PM
ROFL

I have no idea.

I think we can honestly saw this thread = FAIL!!

Chiefnj2
08-25-2008, 01:39 PM

My bad:

Donger
08-25-2008, 01:42 PM
My bad:

Wow. Biden thinks that Iran is building a nuclear weapon and is helping to kill American troops in Iraq?

patteeu
08-25-2008, 01:43 PM
YouTube is the devil.

So what was it that the grownup dem said?

Donger
08-25-2008, 01:44 PM
After watching that, I don't think that Biden knows that Barack Hussein wants direct, POTUS-level, no pre-condition talks with Iran.

ROYC75
08-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Both men have a point, McCain, do not give them an inch ..... Biden, Let's sweet talk them ........Which is right ? Alot has to do with the terrorist or the nation involved. It depends on how well you can / what you negotiate in terms with them.

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 01:56 PM
After watching that, I don't think that Biden knows that Barack Hussein wants direct, POTUS-level, no pre-condition talks with Iran.

I didn't take that from it at all

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I didn't take that from it at all

You're correct. Apparently Biden does know:

Biden: "[Obama has] learned a hell of a lot. I think he has. What
we're talking about here is that he has repeatedly since then said he would
not negotiate unconditionally, meaning him sitting down, alone, right off the
bat with these leaders. He's talked about his Secretary of State, his
Secretary of Defense. Matter of a fact, the statements he use mirrors the
statement the rest of us have been talking about. This is a fellow who I think
shorthanded an answer that in fact was the wrong answer, in my view, saying I would within my first year, it implied he'd personally sit down with anybody who wanted to sit down with him. That's not what he meant. That's not what he has said since then for the last year or thereabout. And so I think he's fully capable of understanding of what's going." (ABC's "This Week," 5/18/08)

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Both men have a point, McCain, do not give them an inch ..... Biden, Let's sweet talk them ........Which is right ? Alot has to do with the terrorist or the nation involved. It depends on how well you can / what you negotiate in terms with them.

Thank you captain obvious. However, you miss one crucial point: always talk before action is taken.

dirk digler
08-25-2008, 02:06 PM
My bad:

Apology accepted...:p

Anyway great vid and this is exactly why Biden is the VP he absolutely owned that topic. Can you imagine how bad Biden will destroy Pawlenty or Romney in the VP debate? It is going to be embarrasing.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
On a battlefield or war?

Both, either, neither. You said Barack wants others to do his fighting for him. I asked if that was what a CIC does. You said that it was not, politically speaking. I asked if politics can lead to conflict. After many dodges, you said yes. (I must also add it's interesting that you note a lot of other things can lead to war, yet, you wouldn't allow me to highlight a lot of things helped the surge not be a failure...) So, it does seem that you are agreeing with me that CIC do let others do his fighting for him.

Bush let the troops take out his father's nemesis Saddam. I didn't see Bush over there on the front lines looking for Saddam.

So, in essence, a President does let others do his fighting for him.

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Both, either, neither. You said Barack wants others to do his fighting for him. I asked if that was what a CIC does. You said that it was not, politically speaking. I asked if politics can lead to conflict. After many dodges, you said yes. (I must also add it's interesting that you note a lot of other things can lead to war, yet, you wouldn't allow me to highlight a lot of things helped the surge not be a failure...) So, it does seem that you are agreeing with me that CIC do let others do his fighting for him.

Bush let the troops take out his father's nemesis Saddam. I didn't see Bush over there on the front lines looking for Saddam.

So, in essence, a President does let others do his fighting for him.

Excellent. So, we should expect Barack Hussein to strap on his web gear and lead the charge into Pakistan?

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Excellent. So, we should expect Barack Hussein to strap on his web gear and lead the charge into Pakistan?

That was not my point, but you already knew that.

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 02:11 PM

no more than we could expect mccain to

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:14 PM
That was not my point, but you already knew that.

Right, Barack Hussein has no military experience, especially in hospitals in Germany.

Pitt Gorilla
08-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Right, Barack Hussein has no military experience, especially in hospitals in Germany.Why do you say "especially?"

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Right, Barack Hussein has no military experience, especially in hospitals in Germany.

first off going to war, except in the case of defense is a political decision

once you make that decision you turn it over to the people who fight it

That's the way it should be, it's not like bush right now is pinning down the strategy they're gonna use on the front lines

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Why do you say "especially?"

Barack Hussein has never served in the US military.

He chose not to visit our wounded troops in Germany while on his European ego-pump.

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Change.......hope.Don't point out why you're a better choice than our guy! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE POLITICS OF HOOOOPE?

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2008, 02:22 PM
He chose not to visit our wounded troops in Germany while on his European ego-pump.McCain didn't visit them, either.

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 02:24 PM

He chose not to visit our wounded troops in Germany while on his European ego-pump.

and he's never visited troops, it must mean he doesn't like them, right?

:spock:

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 02:25 PM
McCain didn't visit them, either.
http://www.jedreport.com/2008/07/why-didnt-mccai.html

nice little article concerning that point

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:28 PM
McCain didn't visit them, either.

Did McCain visit Germany like Barack Hussein did?

Pitt Gorilla

He chose not to visit our wounded troops in Germany while on his European ego-pump.Do you understand what "especially" means?

Donger
and he's never visited troops, it must mean he doesn't like them, right?

:spock:

Barack Hussein has visited our wounded troops before.

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Did McCain visit Germany like Barack Hussein did?JDiddy has the link:

And McCain didn't even have the excuse of the Pentagon ****ing him over at the last minute. Shameful.

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Do you understand what "especially" means?

Yes.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Whoo, we get to see the partisan side of Donger come out. It's a fresh change from the ignorant buffoon we'd seen or the semantics playing, hypocrite.

It also, sadly, is when Donger goes off the deep end.

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:31 PM
JDiddy has the link:

And McCain didn't even have the excuse of the Pentagon ****ing him over at the last minute. Shameful.

"It's true that McCain's trip to Europe bypassed Germany -- he only went to London and Paris."

So, it would have been difficult to visit wounded troops in Germany when he wasn't in Germany.

Thanks.

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Whoo, we get to see the partisan side of Donger come out. It's a fresh change from the ignorant buffoon we'd seen or the semantics playing, hypocrite.

It also, sadly, is when Donger goes off the deep end.

Deep end? How so?

Ultra Peanut
08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
"It's true that McCain's trip to Europe bypassed Germany -- he only went to London and Paris."

So, it would have been difficult to visit wounded troops in Germany when he wasn't in Germany.

Thanks.Yes, because as you know, Germany is SO FAR from London and Paris.

Europeans think 300 miles is a long way, etc, but unless you want to call Senator McCain-Hensley a FROG, I wouldn't bring that up.

J Diddy

Thanks.

psst, same distance

irishjayhawk
Deep end? How so?

When you attempt to connect two separate things and construe them as one smear.

Being in the military and going to German to visit troops.

Pitt Gorilla
08-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Yes.Yet, you misused it in your post.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 02:34 PM

Thanks.

If you are going to count a conscious decision by McCain not to visit German base, why are you not allowing a conscious decision by Obama not to visit the German base?

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Yes, because as you know, Germany is SO FAR from London and Paris.

Let's stick with facts, shall we?

1) McCain wasn't in Germany, which makes it rather hard for him to visit troops in Germany.

2) Barack Hussein was in Germany, had a visit scheduled with our troops and decided to cancel.

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:35 PM
psst, same distance

No, it isn't.

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:36 PM
When you attempt to connect two separate things and construe them as one smear.

Being in the military and going to German to visit troops.

He wasn't in Germany to visit the troops. He was in Germany to campaign.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 02:37 PM

That's not what you said when you used the word "especially" which Pitt has a problem with.

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Yet, you misused it in your post.

How so?

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 02:39 PM

how could he be campaigning, according to the article he was on official business and the tax payer dime

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:41 PM
how could he be campaigning, according to the article he was on official business and the tax payer dime

No, it doesn't: "Obama's was political, and therefore campaign-funded."

HolmeZz
08-25-2008, 02:41 PM
No, it isn't.

Did you click the f*cking link and see the map?

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 02:42 PM

Thanks.
Sun Jul 27, 1:41 AM Pacific

Why didn't McCain want to see the troops in March? (http://www.jedreport.com/2008/07/why-didnt-mccai.html)

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>digg_url = 'http://www.jedreport.com/2008/07/why-didnt-mccai.html';digg_title = 'Why didn\'t McCain want to see the troops in March?';digg_bgcolor = '#ffffff';digg_skin = 'compact';digg_window = 'new';digg_topic = '2008_us_elections';</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><IFRAME src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.php?u=http%3A//www.jedreport.com/2008/07/why-didnt-mccai.html&t=Why%20didn%27t%20McCain%20want%20to%20see%20the%20troops%20in%20March%3F&w=new&c=2008_us_elections&k=%23ffffff&s=compact" frameBorder=0 width=120 scrolling=no height=18></IFRAME>
The curious thing about John McCain's dishonorable attack on Barack Obama is that McCain himself visited Europe (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/03/14/ST2008031404122.html?hpid=topnews) in March, but didn't visit the wounded troops in Landstuhl, Germany.
It's true that McCain's trip to Europe bypassed Germany -- he only went to London (http://mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressOffice.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=ce4fb023-b33f-ca69-9f12-95627181d224&Region_id=&Issue_id=) and Paris (http://mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressOffice.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=ce4fb023-b33f-ca69-9f12-95627181d224&Region_id=&Issue_id=). But as you can see in the map below, it turns out that London and Berlin are about the same distance from Landstuhl, and Paris is just a four hour drive away.
So if McCain wanted to visit the troops, it would have been trivial to arrange -- no seismic event (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/07/mccain-question.html)needed. But it's clear McCain didn't want to visit them, and as a result, it should be fair to ask McCain why he now feels entitled to attack (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/12072.html) Barack Obama.
http://jedlewison.typepad.com/the_jed_report/pics/landstuhldistancemap.jpg
I'm not trying to say that John McCain didn't have other important things to do. For example, he hauled in much-needed cash at a campaign fundraiser hosted by a British Lord (http://www.americablog.com/2008/03/british-lord-hosting-fundraiser-for.html).
But it's pretty ridiculous for McCain to be making this absurd, hypocritical attack (http://www.americablog.com/2008/07/mccain-launches-negative-ad-based-on.html) on Barack Obama. They've both visited wounded troops in the past. And as commanders-in-chief, they would both work for the best interests of the nation, even if they would take it in different directions.
McCain is desperate now, in full-fledged panic mode. If this is how he'd handle a crisis as president, it's all the more important that Barack Obama win this election.
Update: There is an important difference between McCain's Europe trip and Barack Obama's -- McCain's was official business, and therefore taxpayer-funded. Obama's was political, and therefore campaign-funded. During the portion of Obama's trip that was official -- the portion in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait -- Barack Obama did visit wounded troops, and he did so with no fanfare.
<LINK href="http://jedlewison.typepad.com/the_jed_report/pics/landstuhldistancemap.jpg" rel=image_src>

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 02:42 PM
If you are going to count a conscious decision by McCain not to visit German base, why are you not allowing a conscious decision by Obama not to visit the German base?

Donger, paging, Donger....

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 02:44 PM

I think he's reading the article he didn't read before. You know the one he commented on.

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Did you click the f*cking link and see the map?

You think that the distance between London and Paris is the same as between London and Landstuhl?

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM

I've already answered that indirectly.

McCain wasn't in Germany. Barack Hussein was.

McCain didn't have a visit scheduled. Barack Hussein did and did cancel it.

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 02:46 PM
You think that the distance between London and Paris is the same as between London and Landstuhl?
4 hour drive chief, hardly not a seismic event

wasn't even his money he was using, it was yours

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 02:46 PM
I've already answered that indirectly.

So McCain does not plan his schedule?

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:47 PM
4 hour drive chief, hardly not a seismic event

wasn't even his money he was using, it was yours

Right, so pssst, not the same distance.

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 02:47 PM
or thinks campaigning in a foreign country is more important than our troops

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Right, so pssst, not the same distance.

oh so our troops weren't worth the drive.

furthermore, how many troops did he see in his europe trip,
compare that to the number BO saw

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-25-2008, 02:49 PM

I wonder why that is.

As if it wasn't clearly f*cking established that one of the major roles for a VP candidate is to play attack dog...

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:49 PM

I don't know.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't know.

So, really, your points have no merit because you don't know anything relevant.

You are allowing McCain to avoid going to visit the troops in Germany while condemning Obama for not. Both were conscious decisions made by each campaign.

You have a double standard.

Donger
08-25-2008, 02:57 PM
So, really, your points have no merit because you don't know anything relevant.

You are allowing McCain to avoid going to visit the troops in Germany while condemning Obama for not. Both were conscious decisions made by each campaign.

Again,

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Again,

McCain made a conscious decision not to schedule a visit. Barack made a conscious decision to cancel.

dirk digler
08-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Again,

You do realize Cindy McCain was denied from visiting the troops earlier this year don't you because of the rules set by DOD about campaigns.

Donger
McCain made a conscious decision not to schedule a visit. Barack made a conscious decision to cancel.

The point you are missing is that you don't know if McCain had time in his schedule for such a visit.

Barack Hussein did and chose not to.

Donger
You do realize Cindy McCain was denied from visiting the troops earlier this year don't you because of the rules set by DOD about campaigns.

Yes, I do.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 03:02 PM
The point you are missing is that you don't know if McCain had time in his schedule for such a visit.

You cannot get away from the fact that you have a double standard.

Donger
08-25-2008, 03:02 PM
You cannot get away from the fact that you have a double standard.

No, I don't.

dirk digler
08-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Yes, I do.

So what's the problem again?

This was a campaign visit not a senatorial visit.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 03:05 PM
No, I don't.

Both made conscious decisions: one to not include or allot time for a visit to Germany to visit the troops and one to cancel priorly scheduled visit to troops in Germany.

Chiefnj2
08-25-2008, 03:05 PM
oh so our troops weren't worth the drive.

furthermore, how many troops did he see in his europe trip,
compare that to the number BO saw

Why would McCain think the troops are worth the drive? McCain doesn't think they are entitled to decent benefits. He hasn't bothered to show up for many votes, voted against giving vets adequate rest between deployment, voted against money for VA health care facilities and treatment. What makes you think he cares about the troops? His voting record indicates a callousness toward the troops.

Donger
08-25-2008, 03:06 PM
So what's the problem again?

This was a campaign visit not a senatorial visit.

Cindy McCain is not a Senator.

Donger
08-25-2008, 03:07 PM

Both made conscious decisions: one to not include or allot time for a visit to Germany to visit the troops and one to cancel priorly scheduled visit to troops in Germany.

No, I don't. Again, we don't know if McCain had the time to visit the troops. We do know that Barack Hussein did and decided not to.

No comparison.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 03:09 PM
No, I don't. Again, we don't know if McCain had the time to visit the troops. We do know that Barack Hussein did and decided not to.

No comparison.

Both were conscious decisions. Therefore one cannot compare them without them both feeling the same way. (ie. Both hate the troops)

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Here's a photo essay of the results of Donger's arguments for the last 6 months

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/rjcanty/curbowned.gif

BucEyedPea
08-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Mac scares the b'jeezaz outta me on that video. What an angry warmonger.

But Biden seemed to contradict himself in the video also defending Obama on the need to talk with Iranians unconditionally, then calling for the firing of Bush Sec of Defense, Gates and Sec of State for being appeasers. Makes no sense.

Biden still promotes the Etablishment lie about Iran and NK being dangerous threats too.

dirk digler
08-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Cindy McCain is not a Senator.

LMAO

You sure like to play games don't you? She was denied because it would have been considered a campaign stop just like Obama's was denied.

Donger
08-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Both were conscious decisions. Therefore one cannot compare them without them both feeling the same way. (ie. Both hate the troops)

How do you know that McCain decided not to visit the troops?

dirk digler
08-25-2008, 03:13 PM

But Biden seemed to contradict himself in the video also defending Obama on the need to talk with Iranians unconditionally, then calling for the firing of Bush Sec of Defense, Gates and Sec of State for being appeasers. Makes no sense.

Biden still promotes the Etablishment lie about Iran and NK being dangerous threats too.

What he was saying was if Bush was calling what Obama thinks as appeasement then he should fire Rice and Gates because they believe the same way.

Donger
08-25-2008, 03:15 PM
LMAO

You sure like to play games don't you? She was denied because it would have been considered a campaign stop just like Obama's was denied.

Actually, the McCain visit would have been if Senator McCain had accompanied her.

And, according to the DOD, Barack Hussein was welcome to visit the hospital:

"Sen. Obama is welcome to visit Landstuhl or any military hospital in his official capacity as a United States senator," Morrell said in a brief interview. "But there is a DOD policy which governs campaigning and electioneering at military facilities that would have to be respected if he were to visit. That distinction was relayed and made clear to campaign, and they made a decision on their own based on that guidance."

Morrell, in a subsequent interview, added that military officials told Obama he could only visit the military facility with his Secret Service detail and Senate staff.

"We made it clear to him that campaign staff and press would not be permitted to accompany him," Morrell said of Obama. "We relayed those ground rules. They made a choice based upon the information we relayed to them. It was their choice. We had nothing to do with it."

Donger
08-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Here's a photo essay of the results of Donger's arguments for the last 6 months

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/rjcanty/curbowned.gif

Thanks!

HolmeZz
08-25-2008, 03:16 PM

Uh, he was saying if Bush thinks Obama is an appeaser, he should fire his SoD and SoS for being appeasers.

His point was Bush's criticism was merely political.

dirk digler
08-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Actually, the McCain visit would have been if Senator McCain had accompanied her.

And, according to the DOD, Barack Hussein was welcome to visit the hospital:

"Sen. Obama is welcome to visit Landstuhl or any military hospital in his official capacity as a United States senator," Morrell said in a brief interview. "But there is a DOD policy which governs campaigning and electioneering at military facilities that would have to be respected if he were to visit. That distinction was relayed and made clear to campaign, and they made a decision on their own based on that guidance."

Morrell, in a subsequent interview, added that military officials told Obama he could only visit the military facility with his Secret Service detail and Senate staff.

"We made it clear to him that campaign staff and press would not be permitted to accompany him," Morrell said of Obama. "We relayed those ground rules. They made a choice based upon the information we relayed to them. It was their choice. We had nothing to do with it."

It depends if it was a campaign stop or a senate stop. If he would have had any campaign people with him he would have been denied as well.

Chief Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell confirmed to Politico that Department of Defense officials cautioned Barack Obama's campaign that his planned visit to wounded American troops in Germany could not be political in nature and that he would be barred from bringing along campaign staff and reporters. He also said that Cindy McCain recently requested to visit sailors aboard the U.S.N.S. Comfort and was denied.Also IIRC Obama didn't have any of his senate staff with him on his European leg of the trip.

I will concede though he probably should have went by himself like he normally does but he wanted to bring the retired General with him and DOD said he couldn't since he was considered an adivisor.

penchief
08-25-2008, 07:46 PM

Who is this Barack Hussein fella? I understand why you are so confused. You've been following the wrong candidate.

***SPRAYER
08-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Who is this Barack Hussein fella? I understand why you are so confused. You've been following the wrong candidate.

I thought his real name was Barack Dunham. But I guess we'll never know until he provides some documentation.

Donger
08-25-2008, 07:49 PM

Yikes. I would think that a supporter would know his name, at the very least.

penchief
08-25-2008, 07:54 PM

I wonder why that is.

Because Biden has more foreign policy and national security experience than McCain and will not hesitate to call McCain out on his distortions and his bullshit. Obama doesn't need to lower himself to McCain's level when Biden has the expertise and the knowledge to make McCain look foolish.

With those of you who hate Obama, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I think Biden was the best pick and I think one of the reasons is because he's uniquely adept at calling people out on their bullshit. And since the McCain campaign so far is about 95% bullshit it's likely that McCain will be taken to the woodshed on numerous occasions.

penchief
08-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Yikes. I would think that a supporter would know his name, at the very least.

You've been following the wrong guy. If you're referring to the democratic nominee, you must be thinking of Barack Obama. No wonder you've been so confused.

***SPRAYER
08-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Because Biden has more foreign policy and national security experience than McCain and will not hesitate to call McCain out on his distortions and his bullshit. Obama doesn't need to lower himself to McCain's level when Biden has the expertise and the knowledge to make McCain look foolish.

With those of you who hate Obama, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I think Biden was the best pick and I think one of the reasons is because he's uniquely adept at calling people out on their bullshit. And since the McCain campaign so far is about 95% bullshit it's likely that McCain will be taken to the woodshed on numerous occasions.

Say it, don't spray it.

penchief
08-25-2008, 07:56 PM

Who is this Hussein guy? Com'n man, get with the program.

Donger
08-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Who is this Hussein guy? Com'n man, get with the program.

The apparent Democrat nominee for POTUS.

penchief
08-25-2008, 07:57 PM

Can you?

Dick Cheney wore a duck hunting outfit on the day before the 2004 election just so he could mock John Kerry. That was real mature.

penchief
08-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Honestly, Donger, nobody believes you're this ignorant/aloof.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/09/26/cheney.ap/index.html

I'm beginning to wonder.

penchief
08-25-2008, 07:59 PM

Barack Obama picked Biden. Are you following the minor leagues or something?

penchief
08-25-2008, 07:59 PM

I don't think Biden knows somebody named Barack Hussein. You are beginning to make yourself look foolish.

***SPRAYER
08-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Dick Cheney wore a duck hunting outfit on the day before the 2004 election just so he could mock John Kerry. That was real mature.

http://www.makingpages.org/politics/FrenchKerry.jpg

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Barack Obama picked Biden. Are you following the minor leagues or something?

Didn't you just acknowledge that Biden has a lot of foreign policy experience? Would you agree that Barack Hussein doesn't?

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:01 PM
I don't think Biden knows somebody named Barack Hussein. You are beginning to make yourself look foolish.

It's not my fault that Biden doesn't know his running mate's name.

penchief
08-25-2008, 08:02 PM

This Barack Hussein fella must be some kind of public figure the way you keep talking about him.

penchief
08-25-2008, 08:03 PM

A lot of people don't. You sure are being hard on this Barack Hussein fella. He's probably not much different than you.

***SPRAYER
08-25-2008, 08:03 PM
This Barack Hussein fella must be some kind of public figure the way you keep talking about him.

I thought his last name is Soetero? Or Dunham?

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:04 PM

Yeah, he's all over the news.

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:04 PM
A lot of people don't. You sure are being hard on this Barack Hussein fella. He's probably not much different than you.

A lot of people aren't trying to be elected POTUS.

penchief
08-25-2008, 08:05 PM

A lot of people never served in the military. And I think you must be referring to Barack Obama when you talk about the trip to Germany where Obama was asked not to visit the wounded troops because it would be viewed as political.

penchief
08-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Did McCain visit Germany like Barack Hussein did?

It depends. If you can give me more detail on who this Barack Hussein guy is and what his visit to Germany entailed, I might be able to compare it to any trips that John McCain might have ever made to Germany.

Donger
A lot of people never served in the military. And I think you must be referring to Barack Obama when you talk about the trip to Germany where Obama was asked not to visit the wounded troops because it would be viewed as political.

Again, a lot of people aren't trying to be POTUS.

And, he was asked to visit the troops as a Senator, not a candidate for POTUS. He chose not to.

penchief
Barack Hussein has visited our wounded troops before.

Well good for him. So has Barack Obama.

***SPRAYER
His real name is метатель копья.

***SPRAYER
Maybe it's the artist formerly known as Prince.

splatbass
08-25-2008, 08:08 PM

From the article:

During the portion of Obama's trip that was official -- the portion in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait -- Barack Obama did visit wounded troops, and he did so with no fanfare.

Obama visited wounded troops when he was in the ME - on the same f#$%ing trip.

You are being intellectually dishonest here.

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:08 PM
It depends. If you can give me more detail on who this Barack Hussein guy is and what his visit to Germany entailed, I might be able to compare it to any trips that John McCain might have ever made to Germany.

Reading this thread might be a good start.

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:09 PM
From the article:

During the portion of Obama's trip that was official -- the portion in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait -- Barack Obama did visit wounded troops, and he did so with no fanfare.

Obama visited wounded troops when he was in the ME - on the same f#$%ing trip.

You are being intellectually dishonest here.

I didn't say he didn't or hasn't. The fact remains that Barack Hussein decided to cancel a scheduled visit to our wounded.

penchief
08-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Again,

You sure do know a lot about this Barack Husseing guy. Are you obsessed with him?

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:10 PM
You sure do know a lot about this Barack Husseing guy. Are you obsessed with him?

Nope. And, you spelled his name incorrectly: "it's Hussein"

***SPRAYER
08-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Fathers day must be pretty rough on B.O. He has to send out at least 2 or 3 cards, and you know how cheap that skinflint is. Can't even help out his step-brother in Kenya. What's a brutha gots to do to get a lap dance?

splatbass
08-25-2008, 08:11 PM

You misinterpreted what he said. He was saying that since Bush attacked Obama for wanting to talk to Iran, while his own people were talking to Iran at the very same time, he either new about it and was a hypocrite, or if he didn't, he should fire them for going against his stated policy. Biden never said that he wanted them fired, just that for Bush to be consistent and not hypocritical he should.

penchief
08-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Didn't you just acknowledge that Biden has a lot of foreign policy experience? Would you agree that Barack Hussein doesn't?

I might if I knew who Barack Hussein was.

penchief
08-25-2008, 08:12 PM
It's not my fault that Biden doesn't know his running mate's name.

Biden's running mate is Barack Obama.

penchief
08-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah, he's all over the news.

That's funny because I watch the news all the time and the only place I hear about him is from you.

splatbass
08-25-2008, 08:14 PM
I didn't say he didn't or hasn't. The fact remains that Barack Hussein decided to cancel a scheduled visit to our wounded.

On the same trip where he had already visited wounded troops. That is where you are being intellectually dishonest.

penchief
08-25-2008, 08:14 PM
A lot of people aren't trying to be elected POTUS.

Well, right now that would be John McCain and Barack Obama. So what's this Hussein guy got to do with anything?

***SPRAYER
08-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Well, right now that would be John McCain and Barack Obama. So what's this Hussein guy got to do with anything?

Why are so ashamed that B.O.'s middle name is Hussein?

penchief
08-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Reading this thread might be a good start.

I have. But you keep referring to someone that isn't even involved in the presidential campaign. Which leads me to believe that if you can't even keep the two major candidates squared away that you really must be confused and, therefore, can't have much to offer other than silliness.

***SPRAYER
08-25-2008, 08:21 PM
You know it's hard out here for a pimp.

Logical
08-25-2008, 08:30 PM
It may introduce the argument that Barack Hussein likes others to do his fighting for him, IMO.The answer is a resounding yes, Nixon was Eisenhowers attack dog. Johnson was Kennedys attack dog. Spiro Agnew was Nixon's attack dog. Bush was the attack dog for Reagan. Gore was attack dog for Clinton. It goes on and on.

banyon
08-25-2008, 08:33 PM
The answer is a resounding yes, Nixon was Eisenhowers attack dog. Johnson was Kennedys attack dog. Spiro Agnew was Nixon's attack dog. Bush was the attack dog for Reagan. Gore was attack dog for Clinton. It goes on and on.

Really? I was not familiar with that.

I've been drinking thermometers and living in a sewer for 40 years though.

:p

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I might if I knew who Barack Hussein was.

He's Biden's running mate.

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Biden's running mate is Barack Obama.

Oh, I see where you are ignorant. His legal middle name is Hussein.

banyon
08-25-2008, 08:40 PM

Oh, I see where you are confused, he goes by his first and last name.

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
On the same trip where he had already visited wounded troops. That is where you are being intellectually dishonest.

How can I be intellectually dishonest when I just acknowledged that fact?

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh, I see where you are confused, he goes by his first and last name.

Why? Does he have something against his middle name?

splatbass
08-25-2008, 08:42 PM

When are you going to start referring to McCain as John Sidney?

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:43 PM
When are you going to start referring to McCain as John Sidney?

Why would I do that?

banyon
08-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Why would I do that?

Exactly, no one would. It doesn't make any sense.

banyon
08-25-2008, 08:49 PM
How can I be intellectually dishonest when I just acknowledged that fact?

Oh yeah, that incident where McCain had planned a negative attack either way whatever Obama did. If he visited the troops, it was using them as a prop, if he didn't, it was because he hates the troops. Great leadership, our country needs more of that.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh yeah, that incident where McCain had planned a negative attack either way whatever Obama did. If he visited the troops, it was using them as a prop, if he didn't, it was because he hates the troops. Great leadership, our country needs more of that.

I already caught him in a double standard but he refuses to see it.

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 08:51 PM

dirty ass s.o.b.

same
old
bush

Donger
08-25-2008, 08:54 PM

Since Barack Hussein canceled, I suppose we'll never know.

splatbass
08-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Why would I do that?

Well, you refer to Obama by his first and middle name so I thought it might just be something you do. Instead you are making it clear that it is a cheap and childish partisan thing. No problem, at least we know how you are.

Donger
08-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, you refer to Obama by his first and middle name so I thought it might just be something you do. Instead you are making it clear that it is a cheap and childish partisan thing. No problem, at least we know how you are.

Why is it cheap and partisan to use his middle name?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Why is it cheap and partisan to use his middle name?

Because you are stupidly appealing to the lowest common denominator by trying to conflate him with Saddam Hussein.

Now that question time is over:

http://www.mos95b.com/New/BleachJuice.jpg

Donger
08-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Because you are stupidly appealing to the lowest common denominator by trying to conflate him with Saddam Hussein.

Now that question time is over:

http://www.mos95b.com/New/BleachJuice.jpg

That's what you think? Interesting.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-25-2008, 09:09 PM

It's not a matter of thinking, it's something that is obvious to everyone on this forum. It's AutumnWind-esque trolling. Nothing more, nothing less.

Donger
08-25-2008, 09:13 PM
It's not a matter of thinking, it's something that is obvious to everyone on this forum. It's AutumnWind-esque trolling. Nothing more, nothing less.

Heh. I wouldn't expect you to believe me, but you are wrong.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Heh. I wouldn't expect you to believe me, but you are wrong.

Enlighten us then.

Donger
08-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Enlighten us then.

Why would I do that?

splatbass
08-25-2008, 09:36 PM

Isn't that what you are doing? Why else would you only refer to him using his middle name?

Donger
08-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Isn't that what you are doing? Why else would you only refer to him using his middle name?

It has a nice ring to it, obviously.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Why would I do that?

Perhaps because like 10 people have asked repeatedly to get closure on why we keep enduring a petty name calling game.

Donger
08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Perhaps because like 10 people have asked repeatedly to get closure on why we keep enduring a petty name calling game.

Honestly, I don't see the problem. It's not like I'm making anything up, like "BushCo or B*sh or DUHbya."

It's his name. Deal with it.

irishjayhawk
08-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Honestly, I don't see the problem. It's not like I'm making anything up, like "BushCo or B*sh or DUHbya."

Then answer this: There is no implication, underlying assumption or otherwise reason you are using it? You're merely using it because it's his middle name?

Cave Johnson
08-25-2008, 09:42 PM

In the highly unlikely chance you go by your first and middle name, then by all means continue with this ridiculousness. If not, quit being such a douche.

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Then answer this: There is no implication, underlying assumption or otherwise reason you are using it? You're merely using it because it's his middle name?

it's because he saw fox news do it

they are teh cool

Donger
08-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Then answer this: There is no implication, underlying assumption or otherwise reason you are using it?

There might have been at one point. Now, it's just routine.

You're merely using it because it's his middle name?

It is his middle name.

Donger
08-25-2008, 09:54 PM
In the highly unlikely chance you go by your first and middle name, then by all means continue with this ridiculousness. If not, quit being such a douche.

Only when my mother was pissed at me.

Cannibal
08-25-2008, 10:40 PM

No comparison.

Then he should've made time. Because he did not... he hates the troops and is VERY unpatriotic. You've gotta rearrange your schedule in a case like that.

patteeu
08-26-2008, 07:23 AM

When people refer to the presumptive democrat POTUS nominee as Barack Hussein, they are distinguishing him from Saddam Hussein not conflating the two. That's why "Barack" is included.

penchief
08-26-2008, 07:26 AM

Who's this Barack Hussein guy you keep referring to?

banyon
08-26-2008, 09:18 AM

Huh? No, we exactly know, because someone from the McCain camp leaked the fact that there were two negative commentaries planned whatever Obama did.

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Huh? No, we exactly know, because someone from the McCain camp leaked the fact that there were two negative commentaries planned whatever Obama did.

Oh, that's what you care about? I'm sure that the Barack Hussein camp would not do the same thing.

penchief
08-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Oh, that's what you care about? I'm sure that the Barack Hussein camp would not do the same thing.

Why should we care about what Barack Hussein would do? Barack Obama and John McCain are the candidates.

Donger
08-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Why should we care about what Barack Hussein would do? Barack Obama and John McCain are the candidates.

Obama? Who is that?

banyon
08-26-2008, 10:38 AM

You think Obama would have two speeched planned, one saying McCain hates the troops and the other that he's using them as a prop?

Given McCain's background, that'd be pretty stupid.