PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Larry is blocking????

Rick
08-25-2008, 12:28 PM
I have seen several nice blocks from LJ so far in preseason----he normally gets out of the way or barely lays a finger on them--but not this year. I'll bet Gailey saw that crap and put it to an end. I think the Chiefs will be much better by the end of the season, BIGGEST CONCERN is Croyle :mad:going through his progressions too slow or not at all-----I haven't heard one thing about it in any article coming out of KC. I hope the coaches see it as easy as everyone else, including Jayice Pearson and the other announcer. I saw everyone else blamed, but Croyle had plenty of time to get rid of the ball on many passes but I swear his head never moves. McIntosh out, Herb in at RT when Albert comes back--------McIntosh won't last a full game.

CoMoChief
08-25-2008, 12:30 PM
I've seen shitty blocking from Larry this preseason, they even took him out because it was an obvious passing situation

L.A. Chieffan
08-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Richardson actually looked pretty good but that may have more to do with Miami's D-line

Demonpenz
08-25-2008, 12:33 PM
I saw two horrible blocks by LJ. One was with a guy coming from LJ's right. He needed to get his head to the outside of the blocker. Instead LJ blocked him on his left giving an easy pass as Croyle rolled right and the guy came free.

Deberg_1990
08-25-2008, 12:43 PM
BIGGEST CONCERN is Croyle :mad:going through his progressions too slow or not at all-----I haven't heard one thing about it in any article coming out of KC.

http://overthetop.kansascity.com/?q=node/314

Brodie Croyle needs a simpler, quicker offense
The guess here is that Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey learned quite a bit about his quarterback and his offense on Saturday night.

Gailey learned that for the Chiefs to move the ball at all this season under Brodie Croyle, he needs to install game plans that call for shorter drops for Croyle.

And not necessarily because the Chiefs' offensive line is shaky. The truth is, Croyle and the Chiefs' offense weren't ineffective against Miami because the line was bad. Croyle, for the most part, had plenty of time.

Croyle simply held the ball WAY TOO LONG. Granted, we don't know if his receivers ran poor routes or if Miami had blanket coverage on every play. But Croyle seemed extremely hesitant on all deep drops.

That's normal for young quarterbacks who are still unable to quickly absorb information after reading coverages. Young quarterbacks have to learn to see coverages and then anticipate, quickly, what routes should be open.

Until Croyle feels comfortable doing that, Gailey might be better off by taking the thinking process out of the equation. Quick slants, quick outs and bootlegs will take advantage of Croyle's strengths: His arm and his accuracy.

Sure-Oz
08-25-2008, 12:45 PM
LJ had some good blocks but some really terrible ones....his ass needs to take pride on that shit and be a complete RB

btlook1
08-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I noticed a couple of shitty blocks from LJ last game. Didn't the strip come from the guy he tried to block? I seem to think it was however I may be wrong just not sure! I'm for sure not going to watch the game over to see!

Sure-Oz
08-25-2008, 12:51 PM
I noticed a couple of shitty blocks from LJ last game. Didn't the strip come from the guy he tried to block? I seem to think it was however I may be wrong just not sure! I'm for sure not going to watch the game over to see!

Yeah it did....he didn't take the guy out completely...

Demonpenz
08-25-2008, 12:52 PM

He chopped a guy.. which he may have been coached or the play was designed for him to cut the guy. The guy made an awesome effort to bearcrawl and knock the ball away

Stinger
08-25-2008, 12:55 PM

If I remember correctly LJ cut him low he (the defender) went down but got up quick and hit Brodies arm. Although Brodie did hold the ball to long so I don't fault LJ on that one as much as a good play from the Defender and Brodie holding the ball a little to long.