PDA

View Full Version : Football Samie Parker Cut by Broncos

leviw
08-25-2008, 03:29 PM
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/162

Parker out in Denver
Former Chiefs wide receiver Samie Parker was just released by Denver. It's never a good sign when a veteran doesn't make it to the final round of cuts.
The Chiefs didn't try to re-sign Parker when his contract came up at the end of last season and I wondered whether they weren't giving up on him too quickly. Sure, his many inconsistencies were maddening, but some players need more time to work them out than others. Parker is fast and it's not as if the Chiefs are loaded at wide receiver, particularly with speedy players.
Looks like I was wrong. And, believe me, when I'm wrong about a Chiefs wide receiver, I'll come out and admit it right in this spot.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Shocking.

Rain Man
08-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Wow. Samie Parker does everything fast.

Sure-Oz
08-25-2008, 03:31 PM
SIGN HIM!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111111CARLSSSSSSSS

seclark
08-25-2008, 03:32 PM

might want to give his wife a call.
sec

FAX
08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
When they told him he was done, he jumped out of his chair, kinda squated on the floor, and did the tomahawk chop.

FAX

Deberg_1990
08-25-2008, 03:33 PM
That makes about the 4th DV era starting player that no other NFL team wanted??? Hmm.... IM shocked i tell yea, shocked!

Rooster
08-25-2008, 03:33 PM
He might be worth bringing in for a look. :evil:

El Jefe
08-25-2008, 03:34 PM
I can't believe it.

Chief Faithful
I'm busting a first down move right now.:loser:

kstater
Wow, ten posts without:

PBJ PBJ First Down Sammie PBJ PBJ

dirk digler
08-25-2008, 03:35 PM
LMAO

Hog Farmer
08-25-2008, 03:35 PM
They just kept him long enough to drain him for information. Sammie told them we would suck even worse than last year and they said that's all we need to know. See ya. Loser.

morphius
08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Except in pads, where he moved at an average WR pace...

Fish
08-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Poor Sammie...............

Valiant
08-25-2008, 03:50 PM
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/162

Parker out in Denver
Former Chiefs wide receiver Samie Parker was just released by Denver. It's never a good sign when a veteran doesn't make it to the final round of cuts.
The Chiefs didn't try to re-sign Parker when his contract came up at the end of last season and I wondered whether they weren't giving up on him too quickly. Sure, his many inconsistencies were maddening, but some players need more time to work them out than others. Parker is fast and it's not as if the Chiefs are loaded at wide receiver, particularly with speedy players.
Looks like I was wrong. And, believe me, when I'm wrong about a Chiefs wide receiver, I'll come out and admit it right in this spot.

Really he was an enigma.. He could have been something but could never hang on to the ball or run good routes..

InChiefsHell
08-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh, thank goodness!! We can get him back now, and learn all the Donks secrets, and he will be our saviour and he will kick ass for us once again! YEAH!!!

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2008, 03:54 PM
That makes about the 4th DV era starting player that no other NFL team wanted??? Hmm.... IM shocked i tell yea, shocked!

It's not DV's fault.

Or Carl's fault.

It's Herm's fault.

Trust me.

CoMoChief
08-25-2008, 03:56 PM
He's still better than Webb, Sippio, Price, or any other scrub WR we have in camp outside Bowe and possibly Franklin, even though I'm giving Franklin the benefit of the doubt since he's injured.

Has former Okla St WR Adrius Bowman signed anywhere??? I know characted issues were red flags on this guy, but he was still a good WR in college and was considered to be an early day pick at one time.

Skip Towne
08-25-2008, 04:00 PM
He's still better than Webb, Sippio, Price, or any other scrub WR we have in camp outside Bowe and possibly Franklin, even though I'm giving Franklin the benefit of the doubt since he's injured.

Has former Okla St WR Adrius Bowman signed anywhere??? I know characted issues were red flags on this guy, but he was still a good WR in college and was considered to be an early day pick at one time.

He went to Canada We should have gotten him..

Monty
08-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I wonder how many whiffs he'll have before he catches the bus out of Denver.

ChiefGator
08-25-2008, 04:07 PM

Uhhh... no he's not. I don't think he is better than Price, or Webb, or Franklin. In fact, he is worse than two of those.

He got 'better' last year, but he was completely disposable.

He was a speedster who was not.

siberian khatru
08-25-2008, 04:08 PM
ROFL

CoMoChief
08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Uhhh... no he's not. I don't think he is better than Price, or Webb, or Franklin. In fact, he is worse than two of those.

He got 'better' last year, but he was completely disposable.

He was a speedster who was not.

Yeah, Webb has shown A LOT.

outside of 2 WR's, we don't have anyone on our squad that would make final cuts on any other team. May not even make their PS.

Rooster
08-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Parker could run and he could catch. He just couldn't run and catch.

tooge
08-25-2008, 04:59 PM
"i just came out and gave the best I had, know what I'm sayin"
"It just turned out this situations didn't adds up, know what I'm sayin"
"i thought I was havin a pretty good camp, know what I'm sayin"
"Coach Shannahan is obviously, know what I'm sayin, one of the best, know what I'm sayin"

Ari Chi3fs
08-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Youknowwhatimsayin, Samie could Youknowwhatimsayin run fast Youknowwhatimsayin, but Youknowwhatimsayin he Youknowwhatimsayin could never Youknowwhatimsayin catch the Youknowwhatimsayin ball! This Youknowwhatimsayin is very Youknowwhatimsayin flustratin' Youknowwhatimsayin?

KCrockaholic
08-25-2008, 05:34 PM
PBJPBJPBJPBJ yeah baby! "no hands" Samie is making headlines! ahahahaha

chiefs1111
08-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Im sure he will sign with the Faiders soon enough.....

KCJohnny
08-25-2008, 06:34 PM

I won't fight you over the other guys, but Price looks like 3x the WR Samie was here.

JASONSAUTO
08-25-2008, 06:41 PM
pretty sad that our #2 from last year gets cut by denver in the 1st round of cuts. with the roster # being lower this year no one good is expected to get cut this round right?

the Talking Can
08-25-2008, 06:45 PM
wesley, parker....jesus we had such trash on the team last year....

CoMoChief
08-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I won't fight you over the other guys, but Price looks like 3x the WR Samie was here.

Why because he caught ONE TD pass in preseason?

JASONSAUTO
08-25-2008, 06:47 PM
wesley, parker....jesus we had such trash on the team last year....

i'm really suprised that bartee wasnt getting paid still

HemiEd
08-25-2008, 06:49 PM
I guess I was wrong, thought Herm screwed up letting him go, after the improvement he had shown last year. :spock: We all know, Shannahan don't make any personel mistakes.

Micjones
08-25-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm not convinced that Parker's any better than Webb at this point.
I would argue that he's been better than Darling. At least up until now...

Franklin's hurt and you really don't know how he'll fare at least in the next few weeks.
Price should be your #2, but after him what do you really have left?

Call me crazy, but I think I bring him back. Give him a 1-year deal. Let him play for peanuts. If he can't prove anything with a second-chance... Goodbye Samie Parker.

Parker's biggest problem was expectation. He was NEVER a #2 Receiver.

the Talking Can
08-25-2008, 06:52 PM
i'm really suprised that bartee wasnt getting paid still

the one thing i will give herm credit for is getting rid of most of our trash...even if he waited a year too long....

as painful as it is to watch our young players at times, at least they surprise you once in a while....wesley, parker, mitchell, etc...these guys never learned, they made the same stupid mistakes over and over and over...

Micjones
08-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Huh?

Greg Wesley doesn't belong in a group with Kawika Mitchell.
Mitchell doesn't belong in a group with Parker.

They both played some pretty good football here.

the Talking Can
08-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Huh?

not really....they were key members of one of the worst defenses in nfl history....they never learned from their mistakes, they never put it all together...we were right to cut them

sure, wesley was a big hitter who could get interceptions....but he gave up huge plays all the time...never wrapped up, was frequently late in deep coverage...and he never tried to improve on his deficiencies...he was content to make a few big hits...

and mitchell was freaking clueless and could not shed blocks, and took terrible angles....
good riddance to both

JASONSAUTO
08-25-2008, 07:10 PM
not really....they were key members of one of the worst defenses in nfl history....they never learned from their mistakes, they never put it all together...we were right to cut them

sure, wesley was a big hitter who could get interceptions....but he gave up huge plays all the time...never wrapped up, was frequently late in deep coverage...and he never tried to improve on his deficiencies...he was content to make a few big hits...

good riddance to both

YOU also forgot scott fujita that guy couldnt tackle either, wow no wonder our d sucked : fujita sims bartee wesley warfield mitchell. i'm sure i forgot some GREAT player who contributed to the suckage

88TG88
08-25-2008, 07:11 PM
ha ha

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm not convinced that Parker's any better than Webb at this point.
I would argue that he's been better than Darling. At least up until now...

Franklin's hurt and you really don't know how he'll fare at least in the next few weeks.
Price should be your #2, but after him what do you really have left?

Call me crazy, but I think I bring him back. Give him a 1-year deal. Let him play for peanuts. If he can't prove anything with a second-chance... Goodbye Samie Parker.

Parker's biggest problem was expectation. He was NEVER a #2 Receiver.

I could be wrong, but Parker got WAY more than 6 starts in KC, and showed nothing...

Here comes the different position tripe...

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2008, 07:12 PM

and mitchell was freaking clueless and could not shed blocks, and took terrible angles....
good riddance to both

QFT.

Bwana
08-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Nooooooooooo!

gblowfish
08-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Maybe Sippio can give Samie a few leads to make it onto an Arena League roster....

SNR
08-25-2008, 09:17 PM
The reason why fans like Bobby Sippio is because he's a fresh change from untalented dumbf*cks like Parker.

KCJohnny
08-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Why because he caught ONE TD pass in preseason?

I take it you haven't seen the three games he's played in or you wouldn't be saying that.

alpha_omega
08-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Interesting...i would have thought he would at least make it through the first round of cuts.

I must also say i am disappointed, i was looking forward to seeing him as an opponent.

KCJohnny
08-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Huh?

Isn't Mitchell starting for the NYGs? Agree with Micjones - Wesley and KW had some good games in KC.

As for Parker, I would not be opposed to bringing him back. He's better than Darling.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Isn't Mitchell starting for the NYGs? Agree with Micjones - Wesley and KW had some good games in KC.

As for Parker, I would not be opposed to bringing him back. He's better than Darling.

The Giants were so impressed with Mitchell, they sent him packing. He signed with Buffalo.

Wesley was so impressive in Oakland they gave him the rest of camp off. Oh, and the rest of the season.

Mecca
08-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Mitchell is starting for Buffalo they basically paid him peanuts also....the thing to note with him is that for the Giants and the Bills he's playing OLB and not MLB.

Bwana
08-25-2008, 09:45 PM

Because he may or may not be better than Darling is not a reason to bring him back, The guy has hands of stone, which is why he got a visit from the turk in the first cut over there in donkville and why we gave him the boot.

milkman
08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Mitchell is starting for Buffalo they basically paid him peanuts also....the thing to note with him is that for the Giants and the Bills he's playing OLB and not MLB.

The Giants and Bills don't have a clue.

Cunther thought he was a MLB, so he undoubtedly is being played out of position by those teams, cause we all know Cunther Gunnnigham is the Picasso of Defense.