PDA

View Full Version : Misc Are you a freegan?

Mr. Flopnuts
08-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Or what most societies would call a bum?

http://freegan.info/

Pretty funny stuff. I wonder if they got the domain name "second hand"

kstater
08-25-2008, 05:41 PM
No I don't eat trash.

L.A. Chieffan
08-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Their revolution is over

88TG88
08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
We call 'em crackheads in my neighborhood.

HypnotizedMonkey
08-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Raider fans.. at it again.

Fish
08-25-2008, 06:11 PM
That's pretty stupid. That whole way of life would not be possible without the very things these idiots despise. They're dependent on what they're boycotting. If everyone lived like that the social structure would fail.

tmax63
08-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Some would argue that the social fabric is already torn.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Anybody making less than $15 an hour should do just this. Not for the reasons they have though. Just because slavery sucks.

Hydrae
08-25-2008, 06:21 PM
I can understand some of their concerns but they need to realize that most of the "bad" things they are worried about are things that are inherent to being an advanced mammal. We are going to cultivate fields for crops. We are going to ensure other animals do not eat our food that is growing in that field. We are going to find a way to send the excess (what we are not eating ourselves) to market. We are going to expect a return on the investment of time and energy used to get those crops in the ground, grown and harvested.

I really LOL'd at the concept that housing is a right. Give me a break. If housing is a right, please go talk to the millions living in mud and wattle huts in Africa about housing and what housing consists of for them.

Honestly the biggest reason we face any of these environmental type issues is that there are too many of us on this planet these days. I suppose if these yahoos keep up this lifestyle it will probably lower their life expectancy and thus they are indeed helping by stopping breathing our air that much sooner! :thumb:

unothadeal
08-25-2008, 06:26 PM
You freegan right I am!

Fish
08-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Squatters are people who occupy and rehabilitate abandoned, decrepit buildings. Squatters believe that real human needs are more important than abstract notions of private property, and that those who hold deed to buildings but wonít allow people to live in them, even in places where housing is vitally needed, donít deserve to own those buildings. In addition to living areas, squatters often convert abandoned buildings into community centers with programs including art activities for children, environmental education, meetings of community organizations, and more.

WTF? Come on kids... lets all jump the fence and enter the decrepit building for todays art class? Seriously?

bishop_74
08-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Anybody making less than $15 an hour should do just this. Not for the reasons they have though. Just because slavery sucks.

$15 jobs are for kids living at home to learn about responsibility and managing their finances. They are also for people who decided not to pursue a higher education who need to support a family. If you think it is slavery I would assume you are one of the other followers that hate Wal Mart for absolutely the wrong reasons as well. Any paying job is better than no job at all.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-25-2008, 07:14 PM
$15 jobs are for kids living at home to learn about responsibility and managing their finances. They are also for people who decided not to pursue a higher education who need to support a family. If you think it is slavery I would assume you are one of the other followers that hate Wal Mart for absolutely the wrong reasons as well. Any paying job is better than no job at all.

That's just not how I look at it I guess. The market is set at those prices because there are people out there with that outlook. Every day you get up and go to work. Whether you work for yourself, or you work for someone else. You've selling your freedom. Hour by hour, day by day, on and on. You're selling time. You're giving it to someone and you are not free to do what you wish.

That said, what's that worth to you? I just don't understand why someone would put themselves through that misery (and let's face it, most people making under $15 hr are generally miserable) every single day just to wonder how they're going to survive. I guess if you have a spouse and kids you feel trapped by it. At what point though do you draw the line and say **** it. Make your own hamburgers. I can't even support my family on this?

There are college educated people out there making less than $15 an hour. I know I live in Seattle where rent and other necessary expenses are higher than the midwest, but I know people making 40k a year that HAVE to have a roommate. $15 an hour is 30k. $10 an hour is 20k. You're getting pretty thin at $4 a gallon for petro and the effects of that on food and other necessities.

I guess that being poor as shit but having a roof over your head with 4 other people, and top ramen for dinner every day is better than being a bum, but by how much? Bums probably eat better.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-25-2008, 07:21 PM
I think some people don't realize how lucky they really are. Most people who make shitty money either don't talk about it due to the embarrassment of it, or they're young and still accepted despite it.

30 somethings making less than 30k a year are underachievers somehow. They knocked some broad up at 17, or they got into drugs, or some other random form of mental illness where the conductors in the brain were programmed wrong. As much as we pride ourselves on being a land of 2nd chances try telling that shit to these people. Or people with criminal backgrounds over 10 years old that STILL can't land a job that involves handling cash, interaction with customers, etc.

We are some of the most survival of the fittest, **** you as long as I got mine, animals on this planet. Yet we run around self righteously pointing to all of the "charity" we do. It's really kind of a joke IMO.

Stewie
08-25-2008, 08:04 PM
I think the Unabomber was the ultimate Freegan.

Pablo
08-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Yes, I am.

I pulled this laptop I'm typing on at the moment out of a dumpster. All you suckers paid $500-1,000 for your computers when there are perfectly good ones in dumpsters all over your neighborhoods. You can even find bread, and not even sh*tty bread, but Wonder bread...the good stuff. And all kinds of delicious vegetables. And tons and tons of laptops.

Consistent1
08-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Or what most societies would call a bum?

http://freegan.info/

Pretty funny stuff. I wonder if they got the domain name "second hand"

Something does seem to reek here, but that is prolly just the dumpster odor. Somebody has got an agenda there IMO. Second hand domain is a good one.