PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Practice Update 8/25 August 25, 2008 - Bob Gretz

aturnis
08-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Practice Update 8/25
August 25, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

From The Truman Sports Complex

The Chiefs went through what amounts to their only practice of the week on Monday afternoon, and it was not a workout where the offense walked away very happy.

The defense definitely ruled the roost on this afternoon, picking off three passes. FS Jarrad Page grabbed one one a ball that was tipped off the hands of WR Jeff Webb. CB Maurice Leggett got another one that bounced off the hands of TE J.P. Foschi. That ball was very catchable. CB Brandon Carr won a jump ball with WR Dewayne Bowe for the third INT. RB Kolby Smith also fumbled on a running play.

For the first time in a long time, the Chiefs No. 1 defense was on the field. It was McBride-Tyler-Dorsey-Hali upfront, with Johnson-Thomas-Edwards at linebacker and the secondary of Surtain-Page-Pollard-Flowers. When the Chiefs went to nickel, Edwards left the field and Carr came on as the extra defensive back. When the defense went to the dime (4-1-6), Thomas left the field and CB Dimitri Patterson came on the field.

Hereís the Chiefs No. 2 offensive line right now: LT Will Svitek, LG Travis Leffew, C Wade Smith, RG Edwin Harrison and RT Barry Richardson.

Hereís the No. 2 Chiefs defense with Johnston-Jackson-Edwards-Parker upfront, Dacus-Harris-Rumph at linebacker and Leggett-Patterson-Morgan-McGraw in the secondary. In the No. 2 nickel defense, CB Rashard Barksdale and LB Donnie Edwards come in, with Dacus and Harris leaving the field.

Returning to practice were Donnie Edwards, Harris, McGraw, RB Jamaal Charles and TE Brad Cottam. Charles made a difference immediately with his speed and quickness. All are expected to play against St. Louis on Thursday, although Edwards may be held out.

The injury report went like this: DL Alfonso Boone (thigh), WR Maurice Price (shoulder-groin), CB Tyron Brackenridge (hamstring), WR Will Franklin (knee), WR Kevin Robinson (knee), LB Demorrio Williams (hand), LT Branden Albert (foot), G Tre Stallings (knee) and TE Michael Merritt (leg).

The practice also featured the best fight of the pre-season as Dacus went after big tackle Ken Shackleford. It didít seem to bother Dacus that he weighs in at 230 pounds and Shackleford is listed at 365 pounds.

TRR
08-25-2008, 07:03 PM
It would be nice if Gretz would report a little bit more about Branden Albert. I've heard that Albert participated in individual drills today, but didn't do any team stuff.

I'm wondering what his timetable is for return. Obviously he won't go in the final Preseason game, but you wonder if he may be ready to go for the season opener at NE

chiefs1111
08-25-2008, 07:33 PM
It would be nice if Gretz would report a little bit more about Branden Albert. I've heard that Albert participated in individual drills today, but didn't do any team stuff.

I'm wondering what his timetable is for return. Obviously he won't go in the final Preseason game, but you wonder if he may be ready to go for the season opener at NE

I hope so.

Buehler445
08-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Damn it I wish Price were practicing, I want him to drive a steak through the heart of the Football Jesus. If we let this kid go....:cuss:

aturnis
08-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Hopefully by rethinking the roster, Herm meant Damion MacIntosh will sit or be cut, and Taylor is in.

OnTheWarpath58
08-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Hopefully by rethinking the roster, Herm meant Damion MacIntosh will sit or be cut, and Taylor is in.

Second that.

keg in kc
08-25-2008, 09:14 PM
I'd be surprised if Albert played week 1. Miss most of camp and make your first start at LT against a Belichick-coached defense on the road?

Ouch...

TEX
08-25-2008, 10:10 PM
I'd be surprised if Albert played week 1. Miss most of camp and make your first start at LT against a Belichick-coached defense on the road?

Ouch...

Regardless who starts, you can say "OUCH!"

kaplin42
08-25-2008, 10:30 PM

Ouch...

Can't be any worse than the turnstile that Svitek is gonna be if he is at LT.

Fruit Ninja
08-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the NFL Albert. At least its not up against a speed rusher like Freeny or something. lol

BIG K
08-25-2008, 11:04 PM

Svitek is on the team until Albert is ready. Let Svitek get beaten often, early...like HE is used to...who cares? Albert needs time to build confidence....I say start him later...

Cave Johnson
08-25-2008, 11:07 PM

Pretty sure Herb is ahead of him on the depth chart...

boogblaster
08-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Prayer is needed ... Please ol' football gods look favarable on our misleads ....