PDA

View Full Version : Football Marty S on Sirius NFL Radio

jjchieffan
08-25-2008, 09:21 PM
I think the show is Sirius Blitz. He is on every Monday with Adam Schein. He is also on The Red Zone on Thursdays. Anyway. I was listening today and they were talking about potential team records this week. Adam asked Marty how many games the faiders would win. He said 3. Adam disagreed at first and asked why he thought they would win only 3. His response was classic Marty, "because they are the Raiders". I was cracking up. They went back and forth, Marty talked about how Oakland does not have an environment conducive to winning and how special Raider week always was when he was coaching. He said how he told his teams not to worry if they got behind because the Raiders would always find a way to lose. Adam looked up his record against the Raiders, which is 27-7 now, and then agreed with him. Adam went on to ask him if he had to choose between having a cup of coffee with Al Davis or AJ Smith, who he would choose. He said he would have to decline bothe conversations. I wish you all could have heard it. It was hilarious.ROFL

ArrowheadHawk
08-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Sounds classic.

Skip Towne
08-25-2008, 09:41 PM
I would have loved to have heard it. I wish we had Marty and Herm was looking for a job.

KCJohnny
08-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Marty was always the Raider-tamer.

Friendo
08-25-2008, 09:48 PM
I would have loved to have heard it. I wish we had Marty and Herm was looking for a job.

:thumb:

BIG K
08-25-2008, 10:10 PM
I miss Marty....There; I said it! **** you!

FAX
08-25-2008, 10:27 PM
I'll tell you what I miss, and that's the real Raider's week. Not this namby pamby, wishy washy, oopy goopy, glamby flamby, mumbo jumbo "it's just another football game" nutrash. When Marty was our coach, Raider week was cause for anticipation because you knew that, when it was all over, there were going to be endless broken helmet shards scattering the field of play and the black idiots were going home with only half the eyeballs they showed up with. With Herm (the ex-Raider fan, I might mention), we actually lose to them which is shameful, unforgiveable, and adequate justification for our HC to be dipped in a tank of boiling wilderbeast sperm and left in the jungle with no clothes, no food, and nothing but a box of Magic Bubbles and a purple crayon to occupy his time.

FAX

Buehler445
08-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I'll tell you what I miss, and that's the real Raider's week. Not this namby pamby, wishy washy, oopy goopy, glamby flamby, mumbo jumbo "it's just another football game" nutrash. When Marty was our coach, Raider week was cause for anticipation because you knew that, when it was all over, there were going to be endless broken helmet shards scattering the field of play and the black idiots were going home with only half the eyeballs they showed up with. With Herm (the ex-Raider fan, I might mention), we actually lose to them which is shameful, unforgiveable, and adequate justification for our HC to be dipped in a tank of boiling wilderbeast sperm and left in the jungle with no clothes, no food, and nothing but a box of Magic Bubbles and a purple crayon to occupy his time.

FAX

Holy shit Mr. FAX! That's epic!

Rep!

boogblaster
08-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Well put MR. FAX ... I believe he'd adjust fine to his new environment ....

HemiEd
08-26-2008, 01:22 AM

Me too.

Count Zarth
08-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Still love Marty. I'd follow that man into hell.

Tuckdaddy
08-26-2008, 06:20 AM
Gun knows the deal with Raiders week. It will never be a mamby pamby game as long as he is here. Herm worked at Arrowhead prior to coaching. he know the deal as well.

RAIDER HAT'IN STILL LIVES ON!

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 07:22 AM
Gun knows the deal with Raiders week. It will never be a mamby pamby game as long as he is here. Herm worked at Arrowhead prior to coaching. he know the deal as well.

RAIDER HAT'IN STILL LIVES ON!

Amen. Well said, Tuck. Rep. :thumb:

Mecca
08-26-2008, 07:23 AM
Gun knows so much that the Raiders won in Arrowhead last year.

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 07:23 AM
Still love Marty. I'd follow that man into hell.

Better change directions then.
Marty = o:-)

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 07:24 AM
Gun knows so much that the Raiders won in Arrowhead last year.

And you know it wasn't the defense's fault, right?
Thought so.
:rolleyes:

Baby Lee
08-26-2008, 07:25 AM
Marty was always the Raider-tamer.

At this point, I think the strongest reason I remain a Chiefs fan is because Schotty isn't coaching somewhere.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 07:26 AM
yeah I miss Marthas playoff adventures... Nobody could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like ol Martha...

Only time I EVER want to see Martha again in Arrowhead, is around NEVER! We have suffered enough.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Thought so.

The Chiefs sure defended that run well, ask Tamba Hali how many times Justin Fargas ran right over his ass.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Thought so.
Maybe our Genious HC helped some???? Losing 2 timeouts on the same challenge....

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Me too.
:spock:

You stoking up the mediocrity trains boilers this AM?

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 07:29 AM
yeah I miss Marthas playoff adventures... Nobody could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like ol Martha...

Only time I EVER want to see Martha again in Arrowhead, is around NEVER! We have suffered enough.

Kickers. Snake bitten by stupid kickers. Marty's Chiefs would make DV's Chiefs eat turf. At least Herm is moving back in Marty's direction when CHIEFS PRIDE was 2nd to none.

Yeah, its lots of fun knowing your season is over by Halloween. Gimmee a break, man.

Mecca
08-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Maybe our Genious HC helped some???? Losing 2 timeouts on the same challenge....

We're probably lucky pee didn't run down his leg.

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 07:30 AM
The Chiefs sure defended that run well, ask Tamba Hali how many times Justin Fargas ran right over his ass.

Points kinda come in handy in sports contests, or haven't you heard?

Rausch
08-26-2008, 07:35 AM

We've had Marty, Gun, DV, and now Herm paired with Carl.

After leaving what have any of these coaches (excluding Herm) done?

What did they do BEFORE being paired with Peterson?

We lost Marty and kept Carl.

I think that might have been a poor decision...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Kickers. Snake bitten by stupid kickers. Marty's Chiefs would make DV's Chiefs eat turf. At least Herm is moving back in Marty's direction when CHIEFS PRIDE was 2nd to none.

Yeah, its lots of fun knowing your season is over by Halloween. Gimmee a break, man.

Never said it was fun knowing our season is over by Halloween... Did I? Where did I say anything about DV?

Stupid Kickers? Bawaaa.. Blame the kickers for all of Marthas playoff disasters.... Dude is 5 and 15 in the playoffs... Shit He had the BEST TEAM in Football in SD a couple of years ago, Better than any one dimensional team he ever had in KC and they still couldnt win their home playoff game....

Snake bitten is right.... The dude forgets his ass when the playoffs start....

Chiefs Pride? What pride is Herm going to establish in KC? The ones where we have to wear sacks over our heads?

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Points kinda come in handy in sports contests, or haven't you heard?

I thought it was run the ball, control the clock, Kick FG's and play defense?

Were supposed to score TD's? Thats Arena League!

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/herm_edwards.jpg

Rausch
08-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Never said it was fun knowing our season is over by Halloween... Did I? Where did I say anything about DV?

Stupid Kickers? Bawaaa.. Blame the kickers for all of Marthas playoff disasters.... Dude is 5 and 15 in the playoffs... Shit He had the BEST TEAM in Football in SD a couple of years ago, Better than any one dimensional team he ever had in KC and they still couldnt win their home playoff game....

If you blame that INT fluke play on Marty you're insane.

If you blame "the fumble" on Marty you're insane.

Marty's chokes in KC were dead on. CHOKES.

He deserves the blame for each and every one...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 07:42 AM
If you blame that INT fluke play on Marty you're insane.

If you blame "the fumble" on Marty you're insane.

Marty's chokes in KC were dead on. CHOKES.

He deserves the blame for each and every one...
I am not blaming one single incicdent or play on Martha... But the whole body of work throughout a playoff game...

As a Chiefs fan, I have seen enough of Martha on the sidelines to say thanks but no thanks....

As a GM? Not sure? Will he go out and hire the best coaching canidate and allow that HC to hire his staff and implement his style? Be a hands off GM except in the personnel department? Or will he go down the good ol buddy system and hire someone like Jimmy Raye to coach the Chiefs?

I am thankful to Martha for what he did in KC during his time. But I NEVER again want to revisit his coaching career here....

HemiEd
08-26-2008, 07:43 AM
:spock:

You stoking up the mediocrity trains boilers this AM?

You can check my record, I have been consistent on this. I am NOT one that believes all it takes is a couple years of picking high in the draft.
I am also not one that believes in Herm ****ing Edwards, at any capacity. Marty would be one hell of an improvement. I like a positive entertainment experience on Sunday.

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 07:45 AM
We've had Marty, Gun, DV, and now Herm paired with Carl.

After leaving what have any of these coaches (excluding Herm) done?

What did they do BEFORE being paired with Peterson?

Y'know, I hadn't thought about it that way.
Marty advanced to the AFC finals a couple times before coming to KC. DV won a SB (in the stone age). Gun fielded 2 #1 defenses.

But the common denominator to all their successes in KC was Carl acquiring FAs to keep the Ws coming.

Herm is sailing on uncharted waters. There has been no youth movement rebuild here since the franchise moved from Texas in 1962.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 07:46 AM
You can check my record, I have been consistent on this. I am NOT one that believes all it takes is a couple years of picking high in the draft.
I am also not one that believes in Herm ****ing Edwards, at any capacity. Marty would be one hell of an improvement. I like a positive entertainment experience on Sunday.
BTW, I was just :Poke: at you this am...

Agree Martha might be an improvement, but lets not revisit the past. I would like a experience on Sunday knowing we are free for the bonds of Knights of the Mediocrity table.

A new GM and Coaching staff would go along way to feeling great about the Chiefs on sunday again.

Rausch
08-26-2008, 07:48 AM
As a Chiefs fan, I have seen enough of Martha on the sidelines to say thanks but no thanks....

As a Chiefs fan I'd agree.

Only he decided to coach in SandyEggo and built a powerhouse. He led that powerhouse to the playoffs and only lost on a fluke play.

The Marty that coached in KC back in the 90's would never win a super bowl.

The marty of the last 3 years?...

As a GM? Not sure?

I don't think he'd make a good GM.

Some guys (Like Cowher, Holmgren, Reid, or Walsch) would make great HC/GM's.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Marty advanced to the AFC finals a couple times before coming to KC. DV won a SB (in the stone age). Gun fielded 2 #1 defenses.

But the common denominator to all their successes in KC was Carl acquiring FAs to keep the Ws coming.

Herm is sailing on uncharted waters. There has been no youth movement rebuild here since the franchise moved from Texas in 1962.

True, but Herm doesnt have a track record of rebuilding. Therefore Clark might make a move in the next year or so, to someone that has, GM and HC....

I think he will have to, public outcry will be stronger than ever if they give Herm or Carl and extension... Just a feeling....

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 07:49 AM
BTW, I was just :Poke: at you this am...

Agree Martha might be an improvement, but lets not revisit the past. I would like a experience on Sunday knowing we are free for the bonds of Knights of the Mediocrity table.

A new GM and Coaching staff would go along way to feeling great about the Chiefs on sunday again.

101-58-1 is NOT mediocrity. 2nd most wins in the DECADE of the 1990s.

I understand your discontent with no SBs but medioctrity = .500 or below.

JASONSAUTO
08-26-2008, 07:51 AM
we were definitely NOT mediocre in the 90's NO WAY

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 07:51 AM
As a Chiefs fan I'd agree.

Only he decided to coach in SandyEggo and built a powerhouse. He led that powerhouse to the playoffs and only lost on a fluke play.

The Marty that coached in KC back in the 90's would never win a super bowl.

The marty of the last 3 years?...

True, he had a chance, but couldnt get along with his GM... GM fires Martha, Hires Norv ****ing Turner? Norv ****ing Turner takes that said same team to AFC championship game...

Call it a fluke play, But there is always something that does Martha in, wether it be his own doings or a "fluke".

I don't think he'd make a good GM.

Some guys (Like Cowher, Holmgren, Reid, or Walsch) would make great HC/GM's.

You think he would be to much of a dicator like Carl is?

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 07:53 AM
True, but Herm doesnt have a track record of rebuilding. Therefore Clark might make a move in the next year or so, to someone that has, GM and HC....

I think he will have to, public outcry will be stronger than ever if they give Herm or Carl and extension... Just a feeling....

My gut feeling is that Herm is here to stay. He is very well respected around the NFL. I had breakfast with Brian Billick in Baghdad in February and he spoke of Herm as one of the most respected character-type coaches in the league and told me that KC was very fortunate to have him. Herman's sermons make headlines which = ticket sales. Clark wants a winner and its tough to move away from Carl's paternalism but he's doing it.

A new GM is a high risk proposition for a franchise that has kept the same GM for 2 decades. Herm is continuity. Right now Herm is firmly ensconced in the Driver's Seat of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Rausch
08-26-2008, 07:54 AM

The common denominator during their greatest success was no Carl.

"I'm going to hire you to tweak this because you're good at this angle. Now, not complete control or decision making, I'll step in like Al Davis every now and again, but it's mostly your show under my rules..."

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 07:54 AM
101-58-1 is NOT mediocrity. 2nd most wins in the DECADE of the 1990s.

I understand your discontent with no SBs but medioctrity = .500 or below.
Alright let me rephrase that,

Its not about discontent with no SB's. But discontent with the 3-9 playoff record of the said 90's.

Thankfully Joe Montana and Co helped out with two of those 3 wins or Marty would of left KC with a 1-9 playoff record..

Your right that is not mediocrity, that is just plain shit...

Rausch
08-26-2008, 07:58 AM
You think he would be to much of a dicator like Carl is?

Marty isn't a big picture guy. He's the guy that see's how to take all the smal pieces and put them together to make them work. That's what he likes doing. But the overall emphasis needs to come down from above.

The day to day stuff the GM has to do and the decision making (see DV-style favorites) requires an overseer...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 08:00 AM
My gut feeling is that Herm is here to stay. He is very well respected around the NFL. I had breakfast with Brian Billick in Baghdad in February and he spoke of Herm as one of the most respected character-type coaches in the league and told me that KC was very fortunate to have him. Herman's sermons make headlines which = ticket sales. Clark wants a winner and its tough to move away from Carl's paternalism but he's doing it.

A new GM is a high risk proposition for a franchise that has kept the same GM for 2 decades. Herm is continuity. Right now Herm is firmly ensconced in the Driver's Seat of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Wow, I dont know how to respond to that. Very depressing... Actually very depressing.....

I can see why Belicheck wants Herm in KC, KC will be a zero threat to him or anyone else in the AFC...

Rausch
08-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Thankfully Joe Montana and Co helped out with two of those 3 wins or Marty would of left KC with a 1-9 playoff record..

Without that brainbuster hit Montana took we'd all be talking about how that title in 93 helps take away the pain of the rebuild now.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Without that brainbuster hit Montana took we'd all be talking about how that title in 93 helps take away the pain of the rebuild now.
:thumb:

We were well on our way.....

But instead ol Joe wanted a http://assets.kaboose.com/media/00/00/04/ab/62aa2a542305d673d7384afd87ebc8232bde16b8/476x357/Slideshow-Snickers_476x357.jpg

Baby Lee
Wow, I dont know how to respond to that. Very depressing... Actually very depressing.....

I can see why Belicheck wants Herm in KC, KC will be a zero threat to him or anyone else in the AFC...
Football genious. . .
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:YCuLjs4aDuAqXM:http://www.myninjaplease.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/belichick.jpg
Is not
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:pVWl4_AZjPB9XM:http://www.thesportstruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/brian-billick.jpg

KCJohnny
Alright let me rephrase that,

Its not about discontent with no SB's. But discontent with the 3-9 playoff record of the said 90's.

Your right that is not mediocrity, that is just plain shit...

Dude, you have to get to the playoffs in order to fail there.

Do you not see our post-Marty record in that regard?

2 playoff appearances since 1998. And one of them was with Herm.

Marty's team's were a threat to advance to at least the conference championship every year. Since he left we have made the playoffs twice.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Football genious. . .
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:YCuLjs4aDuAqXM:http://www.myninjaplease.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/belichick.jpg
Is not
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:pVWl4_AZjPB9XM:http://www.thesportstruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/brian-billick.jpg

ROFL

Redrum_69
08-26-2008, 08:07 AM
I like the part of the conversation when he said he didnt regret banging greg hills woman

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Dude, you have to get to the playoffs in order to fail there.

Do you not see our post-Marty record in that regard?

2 playoff appearances since 1998. And one of them was with Herm.

Marty's team's were a threat to advance to at least the conference championship every year. Since he left we have made the playoffs twice.
True, you have to GET to the playoffs in order to fail, which we did, 9 times...

And no we where not a threat to advance to the AFC title game every year, because most of the times we were a 5 or 6 seed, squeeking in with a 9-7 or 10-6 record and playing on the road.

So let me ask this? Are Chiefs fans content with just making the playoffs and putting on a display like Herm did in Indy?

I know alot of Chiefs fans that are very happy with 9-7 and a playoff spot where we can have HOPE... Plenty in my family, they worship Marty and the coveted 1-9 playoff record of the 90's.

Reerun_KC
I like the part of the conversation when he said he didnt regret banging greg hills woman
he said she was like a can of tuna, easy to open and smelled fishy...

Rausch

In the long run it didn't hurt him much...

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 08:21 AM
True, you have to GET to the playoffs in order to fail, which we did, 9 times...

And no we where not a threat to advance to the AFC title game every year, because most of the times we were a 5 or 6 seed, squeeking in with a 9-7 or 10-6 record and playing on the road.

So let me ask this? Are Chiefs fans content with just making the playoffs and putting on a display like Herm did in Indy?

I know alot of Chiefs fans that are very happy with 9-7 and a playoff spot where we can have HOPE... Plenty in my family, they worship Marty and the coveted 1-9 playoff record of the 90's.

I think Marty's Chiefs made the playoffs twice with less than 11 wins, so that's not really true. I can't speak for all Chiefs fans but the thrill of MNF games, playoff forecasts and divisional dominance are happy memories for me. Having a punch-you-in-the-face rushing attack and a shut down D make you a threat every year for all the marbles, much more so than DV's flying Ramifization circus.

Herm is the best chance we have to balance the Marty/Gun and DV years and hopefully break new ground. My opinion is that high draft pix can build a powerhouse D but not a high-scoring offense. In that regard, Carl brought in a lot of vets here that made impact: Montana, Allen, Slaughter, Rison, Roaf, Holmes, Alexander, Stoyanovich, Kennison.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2008, 08:26 AM
I think Marty's Chiefs made the playoffs twice with less than 11 wins, so that's not really true. I can't speak for all Chiefs fans but the thrill of MNF games, playoff forecasts and divisional dominance are happy memories for me. Having a puch-you-in-the-face rushing attack and a shut down D make you a threat every year for all the marbles, much more so than DV's flying Ramifization circus.

Herm is the best chance we have to balance the Marty/Gun and DV years and hopefully break new ground. My opinion is that high draft pix can build a powerhouse D but not a high-scoring offense. In that regard, Carl brought in a lot of vets here that made impact: Montana, Allen, Slaughter, Rison, Roaf, Holmes, Alexander, Stoyanovich, Kennison.

Fair enough, I respect your love of the Marty years...

If for one and ready for Clark to insert a DoucheNozzle into Arrowhead and totally douche out any and all rements of Carl/Martha/gun/DV and Herm eras. Time has truly passed us by and it is time for NEW LIFE and coaching from Arrowhead.

If everyone felt as positive about the Chiefs and direction of the franchise as you, the chiefs wouldnt be begging for ticket sales.

KCJohnny
08-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Fair enough, I respect your love of the Marty years...

If for one and ready for Clark to insert a DoucheNozzle into Arrowhead and totally douche out any and all rements of Carl/Martha/gun/DV and Herm eras. Time has truly passed us by and it is time for NEW LIFE and coaching from Arrowhead.

If everyone felt as positive about the Chiefs and direction of the franchise as you, the chiefs wouldnt be begging for ticket sales.
I do not speak for the masses.
As a conservative, I caution against the liberal rip-it-out-by-the-roots philosophy that has failed in government and culture.

Save that which is working, improve that which is lacking. Us fans have a different ENDSTATE than 1 Arrowhead Drive. They are in the business of selling tix; we want a [rare and fleeting] championship.