PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Has anybody ever seen this before?

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Fox News bought out a full-page ad in the WaPo yesterday and posted this ad, attacking CNN:

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/35641/original.jpg

New major news networks typically attack other major news networks this way?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Also, that ad is complete bullshit, because, according to Rasmussen:

Eighty-seven percent (87%) of Fox News viewers say they are likely to vote for John McCain (circa August 6).

They've also consistently had a much higher base of Republican than Democrat viewers and they are far more likely to still believe Iraq had WMD, that Saddam was instrumental in proving 9/11, and all that other assorted horseshit bill of goods.

Guru
08-26-2008, 12:33 AM
MSNBC makes CNN look great. Still don't care for them though.

I am dying for a network that does not take any sides and literally just reports the news as it is.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 12:35 AM

I am dying for a network that does not take any sides and literally just reports the news as it is.

And yet MSNBC is owned by a company who produces afterburning turbofans, miniguns, and many parts for nuclear weapons.

:)

Jenson71
08-26-2008, 12:37 AM

CSPAN - Have fun!

Mecca
08-26-2008, 12:37 AM
I don't understand how anyone can watch Fox news.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 12:43 AM

People generally like to congregate with those who share their views, even if they are insulting to the intelligence of anyone not going full retard.

Guru
08-26-2008, 12:46 AM
People generally like to congregate with those who share their views, even if they are insulting to the intelligence of anyone not going full retard.
I admittedly lean toward Fox but I laugh whenever they say "fair and balanced" Complete BS!! heh

I would rather watch BBC at this point though.

Guru
08-26-2008, 12:47 AM
CSPAN - Have fun!

Really? Never even tried them. Or are you being facetious?

HolmeZz
08-26-2008, 12:48 AM

I'll put it on every now and again. It's usually good for a couple laughs.

Guru
08-26-2008, 12:50 AM
I'll put it on every now and again. It's usually good for a couple laughs.
H&C cracks me up when they get that 4 person panel on there arguing and you don't hear a word anyone says. Complete waste of time.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 01:28 AM
MSNBC makes CNN look great.CNN is a spastic puppy, and has been for years.

MSNBC has its share of retards and ridiculous running with non-stories, but people like Rachel Maddow and Chuck Todd propel MSNBC so far above CNN and Fox that it's not even a contest.

Guru
08-26-2008, 02:12 AM
CNN is a spastic puppy, and has been for years.

MSNBC has its share of retards and ridiculous running with non-stories, but people like Rachel Maddow and Chuck Todd propel MSNBC so far above CNN and Fox that it's not even a contest.

Its probably because every time I pop MS on, it's Matthews and Olberman more than anyone else.

Tiger's Fan
08-26-2008, 03:26 AM
CNN is a spastic puppy, and has been for years.

LOL@Rachel Maddow. Why not just put a Kennedy on the air? I do like Chuck Todd though. He's practically sane.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2008, 04:52 AM
Fox- "We Omit. You Decide"

Programmer
08-26-2008, 05:41 AM
I find it amusing that each side will attack the news source of the other.

If you are a conservative 'Hamas' claims them all to be retarded yet he will support the other mainstream media that omit virtually anything that is going as it should with the administration and focus on the things that are going against the democrats agenda.

FOX is biased, but at least when you tune in you know they are biased, the other sources want you to believe they are not ... total BS and the liberals buy it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 05:45 AM
I find it amusing that each side will attack the news source of the other.

If you are a conservative 'Hamas' claims them all to be retarded yet he will support the other mainstream media that omit virtually anything that is going as it should with the administration and focus on the things that are going against the democrats agenda.

FOX is biased, but at least when you tune in you know they are biased, the other sources want you to believe they are not ... total BS and the liberals buy it.

Your comment is without merit.

Programmer
08-26-2008, 05:48 AM
Your comment is without merit.

Your response shows a complete disregard for the facts.

Your liberal bias is showing.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 05:56 AM
LOL@Rachel Maddow. Why not just put a Kennedy on the air? I do like Chuck Todd though. He's practically sane.Oh, she's definitely liberal, but god DAMN she's awesome when she's slicing through bullshit.

Of course, the fact that they give her Pat Buchanan to punch on so often is a bit unsporting, but it's still hilarious.

Jenson71
08-26-2008, 06:18 AM
Really? Never even tried them. Or are you being facetious?

No, I'm serious. Everyday they show plain senate committee meetings, votes on the floor, and special speaking events.

BigChiefFan
08-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Fair and balanced?? That's makes me laugh every time. Hearing O'Reilly proclaim it is hysterical. Fox is the gutter of news.

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 09:04 AM

Uh, good luck with that one. I question, is that even possible since the country is heavily divided between 2 parties ?

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Those percentages aren't really that surprising. I would imagine that many Democrats watch Fox News (and listen to Rush, etc.) so they can get themselves all worked up into a tizzy.

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 09:06 AM
H&C cracks me up when they get that 4 person panel on there arguing and you don't hear a word anyone says. Complete waste of time.

Agree .... you can't understand anything coming out of their mouths.