PDA

View Full Version : Elections New Battleground Poll: Obama leads 2 out of 3

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 08:35 AM
http://thepage.time.com/

Battleground Poll: Voters Want a Democrat (http://thepage.time.com/2008/08/26/battleground-poll-voters-want-a-democrat/)

http://markhalperin.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/quinnipiac2.jpg?w=360&h=235
Quinnipiac
Quinnipiac poll in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania finds voters want to see a Democrat in the Oval Office next year. But the horserace varies by state:
Florida: McCain 47, Obama 43

Ohio: Obama 44, McCain 43

Pennsylvania: Obama 49, McCain 42

Conducted Aug. 17-24; Margins of error: 2.8 to 3 points

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 08:36 AM
IMHO what ever issue becomes #1 to voters that person will win. Obama is winning on the economy and McCain is winning on foreign policy

Mr. Kotter
08-26-2008, 02:05 PM
FWIW, Michigan must stay in Obama's column too.

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Ohio, Ohio, Ohio

Colorado, Nevada and Virginia are must wins as well for McCain....

I agree and I am very, very concerned right now.

Obama should be winning by a larger margin especially during the start of the convention yet he is losing by 2 in the gallup poll.

I honestly don't know what is going on in the electorate for this to happen unless they are leery about Obama.

Right now I am disappointed as hell.

mlyonsd
08-26-2008, 02:09 PM

Obama should be winning by a larger margin especially during the start of the convention yet he is losing by 2 in the gallup poll.

I honestly don't know what is going on in the electorate for this to happen unless they are leery about Obama.

It's all nonsense right now until the debates. That's where the choice will be made. Too bad they aren't going to have any joint town halls as well.

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Sorry you can't sugar coat this..There is no way in hell he should drop 2 points in a poll right after he picked his VP and the start of the convention. And let's not pretend this hasn't been happening for the last 2 weeks.

Something is going on to make people move away from Obama. I know part of them is Hillary supporters but something else is there.

mlyonsd
08-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Sorry you can't sugar coat this..There is no way in hell he should drop 2 points in a poll right after he picked his VP and the start of the convention. And let's not pretend this hasn't been happening for the last 2 weeks.

Something is going on to make people move away from Obama. I know part of them is Hillary supporters but something else is there.

I'll bet by the time next week is through they'll still be within 3 points.

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 02:17 PM
I'll bet by the time next week is through they'll still be within 3 points.

Well see but at this rate he could be down by 10

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 02:18 PM

He is just no longer the hip new trend. Just like so many other celebrities, we build them up to tear them down.

mlyonsd
08-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Well see but at this rate he could be down by 10

Easy there. Don't head out for the cliff yet.

Or is this just the beginning of lowering expectations? :p

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Easy there. Don't head out for the cliff yet.

Or is this just the beginning of lowering expectations? :p

Not lowering expectations just trying to be a realist.

I like Joe Biden but as I said last week he probably should have picked Hillary because that is a guaranteed win IMO.

Anyway if I disappear you will know that I went off the cliff. :)

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 02:31 PM
McCain's ad's have been very effective setting the tone... He has also spent a ton of money... but only in the states he has to win... Obama is spending a lot of money, but in way more states, so less effective... thats why he pulled ads last week....

I agree with you. People have been talking about McCain's ads they don't talk about Obama's ads because they don't really stand out IMO.

Radar Chief
08-26-2008, 02:31 PM

Crap VP pick? :shrug:
I know him picking Biden is almost enough to motivate me to vote for Gramps. Still not sure I can hold my nose that long though.

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Crap VP pick? :shrug:
I know him picking Biden is almost enough to motivate me to vote for Gramps. Still not sure I can hold my nose that long though.

I like Biden but he should have picked Hillary.

If he loses not picking Hillary is the reason why.

Radar Chief
08-26-2008, 02:43 PM

See, I think Hillary is unelectable in the general. Nothing would polarize the opposition like another Clinton.

|Zach|
08-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Not lowering expectations just trying to be a realist.

I like Joe Biden but as I said last week he probably should have picked Hillary because that is a guaranteed win IMO.

Anyway if I disappear you will know that I went off the cliff. :)

You did the same thing before he got the nomination.

Stinger
08-26-2008, 02:47 PM

I disagree if McCain or Obama lose it will not be because of their VP. It will be because their message was not received by the people.

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 02:48 PM
See, I think Hillary is unelectable in the general. Nothing would polarize the opposition like another Clinton.

That is her downside but when looking at the polls when 30% of her supporters aren't supporting Obama he has a huge problem with the base of the party.

Radar Chief
08-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Oh yes you can!

:LOL: At some point it has to be about more than the letter next to their name, and Gramps has the wrong opinions on illegal immigration, taxes and government spending, just to name a few issues off the top of my head.

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 02:49 PM
You did the same thing before he got the nomination.

True but I am realist and you can't deny that he is not dropping.

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 02:50 PM
I disagree if McCain or Obama lose it will not be because of their VP. It will be because their message was not received by the people.

I think that is definitely part of that but like I posted to Radar when 30% of Hillary's supporters aren't supporting Obama that is a huge problem.

Some of those will come back...hopefully.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-26-2008, 02:52 PM

Dude, you are such a worry wort. You were like this during the primary season as well. Obama is not going to lose. It's just not gonna happen. Lest we forget he's just now going to tap into his massive budget and the inroads he's made on the ground will not show until election day.

Radar Chief
08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
That is her downside but when looking at the polls when 30% of her supporters aren't supporting Obama he has a huge problem with the base of the party.

Wow. Didn’t realize it was that bad.
Guess I just assumed Dems would vote based on the letter next to the candidates name like a bunch of recxjakes. :Poke:

Donger
08-26-2008, 02:56 PM

It's kind of like when you wanted to bang the really nasty, skank in high school, but you knew that she wasn't going to be your bride.

It's becoming real now.

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Dude, you are such a worry wort. You were like this during the primary season as well. Obama is not going to lose. It's just not gonna happen. Lest we forget he's just now going to tap into his massive budget and the inroads he's made on the ground will not show until election day.

I only believe I said that I was concerned once or twice during the primaries especially around the time of Rev Wright.

I haven't been concerned since then..until today.

I hope you are right Hamas I read today that the Obama camp thinks their will be between 135-140 million votes cast this year which is good news for Obama if that holds up.

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 03:02 PM
It's kind of like when you wanted to bang the really nasty, skank in high school, but you knew that she wasn't going to be your bride.

It's becoming real now.

LMAO

Though I don't think I ever wanted to marry the skanky girl in high school just bang her

dirk digler
08-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Also this kind of shit doesn't help

The former president, speaking in Denver, posed a hypothetical question in which he seemed to suggest that that the Democratic Party was making a mistake in choosing Obama as its presidential nominee.
He said: "Suppose you're a voter, and you've got candidate X and candidate Y. Candidate X agrees with you on everything, but you don't think that candidate can deliver on anything at all. Candidate Y you agree with on about half the issues, but he can deliver. Which candidate are you going to vote for?"
Then, perhaps mindful of how his off-the-cuff remarks might be taken, Clinton added after a pause: "This has nothing to do with what's going on now."

Donger
08-26-2008, 03:04 PM
LMAO

Though I don't think I ever wanted to marry the skanky girl in high school just bang her

That's my point.

Donger
08-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Also this kind of shit doesn't help

ROFL

He is such a weasel.

Ari Chi3fs
08-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Ohio, Ohio, Ohio

Colorado, Nevada and Virginia are must wins as well for McCain....

Ohio is the home of Diebold. No way, Obama takes that state.

Stinger
08-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Ohio is the home of Diebold. No way, Obama takes that state.

http://meltyourfaceoff.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/tin-foil-hat.jpg

Logical
08-26-2008, 03:55 PM
An anti-recxjake thread.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 04:01 PM
McCain 55 34 percent to handle a terrorist incident in the U.S.Hahaha. By doing what, nuking the **** out of the area that produced the terrorists?