PDA

View Full Version : Elections Michelle Obamas speech

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 08:36 AM
After listening to her speech and watching all the teary eyed pansies I have come to one conclusion. Her portraying themselves as a regular American family and how PROUD she is of the USA. The Obamas will say or do ANYTHING to convince the people to vote for them. If you watched her closely her eyes really told the story. She was sweating that her words were what the public wanted to hear. Man, how could anyone be so gullible as to believe they have Americas best interest at heart.

If Hussein becomes President I'm moving to another country.

And taking my boar jizz with me!

Alphaman
08-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Wow!!! Does the fact that you watched her speech with a preconceived notion of her and Sen. Obama come into play at all?

I saw a woman passionate about the love she has for her husband. I was concerned at the beginning of her speech about her effectiveness because she seemed so nervous, but she pulled through.

Love the Obamas or hate the Obamas, she gave a very good speech.

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Wow!!! Does the fact that you watched her speech with a preconceived notion of her and Sen. Obama come into play at all?

Of Course it does.

Alphaman
08-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Of Course it does.

Fair enough. I appreciate the honesty.

patteeu
08-26-2008, 08:44 AM
An observation from Paul Mirengoff of Powerline (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/08/021324.php):

Michelle Obama is an accomplished woman. She graduated from Princeton and from Harvard Law School. She became a member of the bar and practiced law at a top Chicago law firm. After that, she took on a prominent role as a lawyer for a major hospital.

Yet last night, at least according to the transcript of her speech, she mentioned none of these accomplishments. Instead, her speech portrayed her as the daughter of her "rock" of a father, the sister of the estimable Craig Robinson, the wife of Barack, and the mother of small, cute daughters.

It was a pre-feminist speech.

For the Obamas, the need to impress voters with Michelle's "ordinariness" (a counter-intuitive notion) clearly trumped the need to adhere to the feminist narrative so dear to the heart of Hillary Clinton's core supporters.

WilliamTheIrish
08-26-2008, 08:47 AM
The positive side of of this situation is the collective IQ of the country will go up a few points.

BigChiefFan
08-26-2008, 08:47 AM
So you can talk about your past as long as your a POW, but anybody else is out of bounds for showing love for their country, right? Sure thing.

You might want to get your passport ready.

tiptap
08-26-2008, 08:48 AM
No, it was not a pre-feminist speech, it was a post feminist speech where all choices are honored and there isn't an imposed glass ceiling.

Donger
08-26-2008, 08:50 AM
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking gal, I mean, that's a storybook, man."

jAZ
08-26-2008, 08:51 AM

We will all wait breathlessly on election night to see what your future holds.

Saggysack
08-26-2008, 08:52 AM

May I suggest the UAE.

BigChiefFan
08-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Now there's another perk for voting Obama... Hog Farmers leaves the country.

tiptap
08-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Come on, anyone who sleeps with his hogs is already living in another country. (I am going to be picking up my slaughterd pig this week so thanks there hog growers.)

ROYC75
After listening to her speech and watching all the teary eyed pansies I have come to one conclusion. Her portraying themselves as a regular American family and how PROUD she is of the USA. The Obamas will say or do ANYTHING to convince the people to vote for them. If you watched her closely her eyes really told the story. She was sweating that her words were what the public wanted to hear. Man, how could anyone be so gullible as to believe they have Americas best interest at heart.

Better start packing ( just to be safe ) , there are enough programmable Obots to elect him.

Hog Farmer
I want to see Obama lay his hand on a Bible , wear a red white and blue jacket and eat a pork sandwich, then maybe I'd feel a little better.

tiptap
08-26-2008, 09:04 AM
2 out of 3 ain't bad.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/089CdWX4bzbj7/610x.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.daylife.com/photo/089CdWX4bzbj7&h=340&w=610&sz=64&hl=en&start=11&usg=__FwsxJVB8c-k8-Bt11tBGbVcIFLo=&tbnid=RPrAKK0rswGb6M:&tbnh=76&tbnw=136&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpork%2Bchops%2Bobama%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.funadvice.com/photo/image/54531/obama_hand_on__bible.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.funadvice.com/photos/view/54531&h=594&w=418&sz=43&hl=en&start=2&usg=__8xhz6CcGeV5iGrMAXoie2JcDWNA=&tbnid=vHloxvuEuiaUHM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=95&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbible%2Bobama%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG

Alton deFlat

Perhaps you can sublet Alec Baldwin's overseas apartment, since he'll be moving back once Bush leaves office.

BigCatDaddy
So does she now love her country where before Barack was the nomination she was ashamed to be an American? I'm so confused :)

tiptap
08-26-2008, 09:06 AM
We wouldn't expect more than confusion on your part. It will continue to trying to understand the election win by Obama.

penchief

Dude, get a grip. The republican smear machine (abetted by the corporate media) has tried to paint her as some sort of militant black radical, which is far from the truth. All she did last night was set the record straight.

Sure, she's going to do what every politician does, pander. But what you saw last night is closer to the truth than the narrative that the sleazeballs in the republican party have tried to cram into your brain. You're just pissed because she was most likely successful in taking away that line of attack by the republican party. She exposed the republican smears for what they are; a bunch of lies.

Donger
2 out of 3 ain't bad.

ROFL

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Sorry, Tiptap, those images are not clear enough to tell if thats tha Koran or the bible, and that kinda looks like chicken he's eating. Good try.

whatsmynameagain
08-26-2008, 09:08 AM
I want to see Obama lay his hand on a Bible , wear a red white and blue jacket and eat a pork sandwich, then maybe I'd feel a little better.

so you're racist? hopefully you die of a heart attack when obamas elected.

Posted via Mobile Device

Donger
She exposed the republican smears for what they are; a bunch of lies.

Wow. Must have been quite a speech.

tiptap
That is Dick Cheney holding The Book. And if you can't recognize pork we ARE in trouble.

penchief
08-26-2008, 09:09 AM

Damn! Another one who's obsessed with this Hussein guy. Dude, you're following the wrong candidate. Get with the program.

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 09:10 AM

Getting rid of idiots like you will help move this country back in the right direction. Good riddance!

tiptap
I get the feeling wearing a red, white and blue suit is a little to clownish. Is it enough to have a red tie with your white shirt and blue dress suit?

penchief
Wow. Must have been quite a speech.

Not really. Just good enough to show how idiotic the implications against her were.

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Not really. Just good enough to show how idiotic the implications against her were.

Could you explain how her speech accomplished that?

Hog Farmer
so you're racist? hopefully you die of a heart attack when obamas elected.

Posted via Mobile Device

Where would that come from. A racist I'm not.

penguinz
That is Dick Cheney holding The Book. And if you can't recognize pork we ARE in trouble.
Dick isn't even touching the book.

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:12 AM
idiots

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 09:12 AM

Looks photoshopped!

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2008, 09:14 AM

Don't feel left out, you fit into that category as well. :thumb:

Alphaman
08-26-2008, 09:17 AM
2 out of 3 ain't bad.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/089CdWX4bzbj7/610x.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.daylife.com/photo/089CdWX4bzbj7&h=340&w=610&sz=64&hl=en&start=11&usg=__FwsxJVB8c-k8-Bt11tBGbVcIFLo=&tbnid=RPrAKK0rswGb6M:&tbnh=76&tbnw=136&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpork%2Bchops%2Bobama%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.funadvice.com/photo/image/54531/obama_hand_on__bible.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.funadvice.com/photos/view/54531&h=594&w=418&sz=43&hl=en&start=2&usg=__8xhz6CcGeV5iGrMAXoie2JcDWNA=&tbnid=vHloxvuEuiaUHM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=95&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbible%2Bobama%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG

Now that's one of the best responses I've ever seen on here.

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Don't feel left out, you fit into that category as well. :thumb:

Looking at your signature pic of Hussein and Biden I now realize why they are running together. They both have egg heads. Cool

tiptap
08-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Dick isn't even touching the book.

OK technically you are correct but this is official signing in ceremony with the VP officiating. You guys, just can't take the facts. The pork chop picture is a reuters picture dated and such so one could track that down as true and the official oath in the Senate is a matter of public record.

J Diddy
08-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Where would that come from. A racist I'm not.

pig ****er, yes

racist no?

:D

gblowfish
08-26-2008, 09:23 AM

See Obama IS about bringing about positive change!

J Diddy
08-26-2008, 09:24 AM
See Obama IS about bringing about positive change!

yep, but it's definitely gonna piss off whatever country ham breath goes to

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 09:27 AM
yep, but it's definitely gonna piss off whatever country ham breath goes to

ROFL Oh Wait!

penchief
08-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Could you explain how her speech accomplished that?

Dude, that was a portrait of an all-American family. If you have evidence that contradicts her biography then present it. But it's awful ironic for republicans to be labeling the Obamas as anything but a classic American success story. She showed that their success was predicated on the values that exemplify America (opportunity, hard work, perseverence, taking care of family, improving one's lot in life). And she showed that the values that exemplify the Obama family are the values that all of us admire (mutual respect, compassion, selflessness, etc.).

She showed that not only are the smears against her way off base but that the Obamas live the values that republicans claim to have a monopoly on. Considering their roots, it's inane for anyone to suggest that they are elitists. And considering the paths they pursued on their road to self-made success, it's equally inane for anyone to imply they are anything other than examples of what equal opportunity means to all of us and to America's future prosperity.

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 09:33 AM
You type too much. Their liars!

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Dude, that was a portrait of an all-American family. If you have evidence that contradicts her biography then present it. But it's awful ironic for republicans to be labeling the Obamas as anything but a classic American success story. She showed that their success was predicated on the values that exemplify America (opportunity, hard work, perseverence, taking care of family, improving one's lot in life). And she showed that the values that exemplify the Obama family are the values that all of us admire (mutual respect, compassion, selflessness, etc.).

She showed that not only are the smears against her way off base but that the Obamas live the values that republicans claim to have a monopoly on. Considering their roots, it's inane for anyone to suggest that they are elitists. And considering the paths they pursued on their road to self-made success, it's equally inane for anyone to imply they are anything other than examples of what equal opportunity means to all of us and to America's future prosperity.

Like I said, it must have a been one heck of a speech. All those "smears" refuted in a matter of minutes.

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 09:37 AM

And despite all that America has allowed them to become she just became proud of her country this year.

tiptap
08-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Like I said, it must have a been one heck of a speech. All those "smears" refuted in a matter of minutes.

Actually it is the image of mom with her girls that disarms. It will be really nice to have young people in the White House again.

tiptap
08-26-2008, 09:40 AM
And despite all that America has allowed them to become she just became proud of her country this year.

Will you be proud when Obama is President?

Donger
08-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Actually it is the image of mom with her girls that disarms. It will be really nice to have young people in the White House again.

I knew that she was a parent before her speech.

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Will you be proud when Obama is President?

No, but I have been proud of my country many times in my 29 years. She is in her 40's, I believe and has never been proud. Big difference

tiptap
08-26-2008, 09:42 AM
I knew that she was a parent before her speech.
But did the American viewing public have that image?

ChiTown
08-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Dude, that was a portrait of an all-American family. If you have evidence that contradicts her biography then present it. But it's awful ironic for republicans to be labeling the Obamas as anything but a classic American success story. She showed that they their success was predicated on the values that exemplify America (hard work, perseverence, taking care of family, improving one's lot in life). And she showed that the values that exemplify the Obama family are the values that all of us admire (mutual respect, compassion, selflessness, etc.).

I'll say on thing, they have awfully cute kids.

I don't doubt for a moment that the Obama's are a great American family, and great parents. I don't find them to be elitist like most of the Democrats I've encountered. I do, however, find it a bit laughable that M.O. tried to come off as "everyday people".

God, why can't we get 2 better candidates than McCain and Obama? Hell, Joe Biden makes WAY more sense than B.O., and Huckabee would be a far better candidate than McCain. What a cluster****:mad:

mlyonsd
08-26-2008, 09:45 AM
But did the American viewing public have that image?

98% of the Americans watching already had their minds made up to vote for Obama.

Seriously, does anyone really watch these conventions? Or at least every night?

Bleh.

tiptap
08-26-2008, 09:46 AM
No, but I have been proud of my country many times in my 29 years. She is in her 40's, I believe and has never been proud. Big difference

So she misspoke about the duration of HER lack of being proud. Many Democrats are not pleased with OUR reluctance to speak out against the Iraq War and are not proud of our policy of acting alone in foreign concerns and home issues from the present administration. That is the background in which Barrack Obama emerged.

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 09:46 AM
God, why can't we get 2 better candidates than McCain and Obama? Hell, Joe Biden makes WAY more sense than B.O., and Huckabee would be a far better candidate than McCain. What a cluster****:mad:

+ Reps for that comment coming up.

tiptap
08-26-2008, 09:48 AM
98% of the Americans watching already had their minds made up to vote for Obama.

Bleh.

I am on record stating the convention is for Democrats. It has little for the undecided vote. It is putting the base and regular Democrats at a comfort level. And to most of us with families and similar stories of high achievement and family focused choices it rings true.

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 09:55 AM

Yeah. It'll be great to have a President with no experience as a leader or a clue about anything whatsoever!

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah it's becoming more and more of a stretch to call these folks un-American, foreign, or elitist.

That is an insanely normal family they have considering that the father is a Presidential candidate.

whatsmynameagain
08-26-2008, 10:00 AM

playing biscuit again in a bukake film? clean the dried up seman out of your eyes and ears and watch it for yourself, cum dumpster!

Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 10:00 AM
playing biscuit again in a bukake film? clean the dried up seman out of your eyes and ears and watch it for yourself, cum dumpster!

Posted via Mobile Device
ROFL

oooooooooooooooook

penguinz
08-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah. It'll be great to have a President with no experience as a leader or a clue about anything whatsoever!McCain has no clue about anything either. Just ask him an economics question.

whatsmynameagain
08-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah. It'll be great to have a President with no experience as a leader or a clue about anything whatsoever!

too bad he hasn't failed as a business man, then he could serve two terms. huh, hog f u c k e r?

Posted via Mobile Device

Alton deFlat
08-26-2008, 10:12 AM

That's taken! We've been saying that for the last 8 years.

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 10:14 AM
I'll say on thing, they have awfully cute kids.

Smarter too, his daughter caught his gaffe about being KC when he mentioned St Louis.

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Yeah it's becoming more and more of a stretch to call these folks un-American, foreign, or elitist.

Do you think they all had their arms around each other in one big warm loving embrace and they listened to the good Rev Wright? "God Bless America but God damn America."

Chiefnj2
08-26-2008, 10:25 AM

I agree. I probably would have been happy with Romney vs. Biden.

DaneMcCloud
08-26-2008, 10:25 AM

Bleh.

That 2% you mention will determine the outcome of the election in November. As registered Independent, I will be watching both conventions with a very keen eye.

As I've mentioned recently, Republicans will vote Republican, regardless of who's running and Democrats will vote Democrat, regardless of who's running (and yes, that includes the people who are currently Clinton supporters that "say" they won't vote for Obama).

The election hinges on the Independents.

The debates will be key.

DaneMcCloud
08-26-2008, 10:27 AM
An observation from Paul Mirengoff of Powerline (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/08/021324.php):

What has this country become when highly educated and intelligent Americans have to "dumb down" their accomplishments, just to appeal to a certain segment of the population?

I mean, isn't that the ****ing American Dream? Rising up from the streets or not from such favorable conditions only to rise to the top of their profession while serving the public at the same time?

What. The. ****. Is. Going. On.

??

mlyonsd
08-26-2008, 10:28 AM
That 2% you mention will determine the outcome of the election in November. As registered Independent, I will be watching both conventions with a very keen eye.

As I've mentioned recently, Republicans will vote Republican, regardless of who's running and Democrats will vote Democrat, regardless of who's running (and yes, that includes the people who are currently Clinton supporters that "say" they won't vote for Obama).

The debates will be key.

I agree independents and the debates will be the keys.

The conventions are just party parties where the delegates roll around like nightcrawlers in a cup. No substance.

DaneMcCloud
08-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Smarter too, his daughter caught his gaffe about being KC when he mentioned St Louis.

Yeah, because Obama's not smart. He needed his daughter to remind him that he wasn't in St. Louis, he was in Kansas City.

Because you know, the guy usually sits at home on the couch with a sixer of Colt .45 and he just has no grasp of geography.

JFC, Roy.

You're a real, dumb****.

I'm sure you make Kentucky proud.

whatsmynameagain
08-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Do you think they all had their arms around each other in one big warm loving embrace and they listened to the good Rev Wright? "God Bless America but God damn America."

rev wright hates america, duh!

I say god damn america too when I see we elected bush twice, when I see how horrible our foreign policy as been, when I look at the economy, and when I see idiots like you acting as if someone talking bad about our country is a crime. its freedom of speech and understanding someone that has objectional views to yours is how you work to get a compromise or solve a problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 10:35 AM
rev wright hates america, duh!

I say god damn america too when I see we elected bush twice, when I see how horrible our foreign policy as been, when I look at the economy, and when I see idiots like you acting as if someone talking bad about our country is a crime. its freedom of speech and understanding someone that has objectional views to yours is how you work to get a compromise or solve a problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds like a personal problem.

whatsmynameagain
08-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Sounds like a personal problem.

and that's why you voted bush and will vote mccain because your content with the usa becoming third world.

Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 10:46 AM
and that's why you voted bush and will vote mccain because your content with the usa becoming third world.

Posted via Mobile Device

3rd world huh? Interesting.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 10:48 AM
What do you think, BCD?

Do you think the Obamas are driving their kids home after church asking them if they learned to properly scorn America?

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 10:50 AM
What do you think, BCD?

Do you think the Obamas are driving their kids home after church asking them if they learned to properly scorn America?

I don't know. Do you think he told them Rev Wright is an idiot? He probably said nothing so that would imply an endorsement of Reverend Wright's teachings since they attended the church for 20 years.

Friendo
08-26-2008, 10:51 AM

The debates will be key.

the last election hinged on the "Independents" & the debates were key--Kerry won btw.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 10:55 AM
I don't know. Do you think he told them Rev Wright is an idiot? He probably said nothing so that would imply an endorsement of Reverend Wright's teachings since they attended the church for 20 years.
You "don't know"?

You think there's a 50/50 chance the Obamas wanted their children to scorn America? Really? Just say so, so we can understand you for what you are.

I personally have no idea how the Obamas explained Wright to their kids, but seeing that Wright seemed to only fly off the handle when discussing politics, I'm willing to bet it went over their toddler-aged minds anyway.

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah, because Obama's not smart. He needed his daughter to remind him that he wasn't in St. Louis, he was in Kansas City.

Because you know, the guy usually sits at home on the couch with a sixer of Colt .45 and he just has no grasp of geography.

JFC, Roy.

You're a real, dumb****.

I'm sure you make Kentucky proud.

Good Grief, you Bitter ? Get that turd out of your ass, I was just joking .... I found it funny last night when all dems have been harping on McCain gaffe's.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Good Grief, you Bitter ? Get that turd out of your ass, I was just joking .... I found it funny last night when all dems have been harping on McCain gaffe's.
McCain's gaffe had serious implications about his current living style and therefore his ability to foresee issues with our economy.

Obama's gaffe implies... what, exactly? That he's in a different city every night?

DaneMcCloud
08-26-2008, 11:01 AM

No, I'm not bitter.

But honestly, it makes me absolutely sick to see highly educated people, regardless of race, referred to as stupid or unintelligent.

This whole mentality of "dumbing down" to appeal to dumb**** voters is a major issue with me and until those citizens learn to "get over it", I honestly fear that our great country is going to be stuck in neutral.

And that pisses me off.

Donger
08-26-2008, 11:02 AM
No, I'm not bitter.

But honestly, it makes me absolutely sick to see highly educated people, regardless of race, referred to as stupid or unintelligent.

This whole mentality of "dumbing down" to appeal to dumb**** voters is a major issue with me and until those citizens learn to "get over it", I honestly fear that our great country is going to be stuck in neutral.

And that pisses me off.

You must really dislike the default position of some folks around here, then.

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 11:02 AM
You "don't know"?

You think there's a 50/50 chance the Obamas wanted their children to scorn America? Really? Just say so, so we can understand you for what you are.

I personally have no idea how the Obamas explained Wright to their kids, but seeing that Wright seemed to only fly off the handle when discussing politics, I'm willing to bet it went over their toddler-aged minds anyway.

No, I would say there is a better chance then that. He probably pointed out flaws in the system and country he and Wright perceived the US to have to them, if they did indeed engage in such discussions.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 11:10 AM
No, I would say there is a better chance then that he pointed out flaws in the system and country he and Wright perceived the US to have to them, if they did indeed engage in such discussions.
Hm. Well good ****ing god, BCD. There are slight moments in this forum when you actually reveal yourself to be a somewhat reasonable person.

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 11:10 AM
No, I'm not bitter.

And that pisses me off.

So if McCain has a gaffe, it's not dumbing him down ? They travel, always on the go, getting crossed up on some things is easy to do.

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Hm. Well good ****ing god, BCD. There are slight moments in this forum when you actually reveal yourself to be a somewhat reasonable person.

That's because I didn't proper punctuate that remark :)

DaneMcCloud
08-26-2008, 11:22 AM
So if McCain has a gaffe, it's not dumbing him down ? They travel, always on the go, getting crossed up on some things is easy to do.

You're missing the point.

I'm referring to the fact that people see the Obama's as "elitist", though both came from humble beginnings, attended and graduated from Ivy League schools and have years of public service on their record.

I think it's stupid when people make a big deal out of McCain's 12 or however many homes that he owns. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, with the current tax code as it is, multiple home ownership is the best tax shelter available to wealthy Americans. I really don't think that home ownership is going to be a factor in his ability to lead the nation.

The bottom line is this: Anyone who's running for President SHOULD be highly educated and SHOULD be financially successful. I don't want the guy running the gas station on Cahuenga Blvd running the United States. I want a highly educated, financially successful man or woman running the US.

And if THAT'S somehow "elitist", then our country is in deep, deep trouble.

penchief
08-26-2008, 11:52 AM

It provided a substantive image of a family that defies the narrative that the right wing has tried to imbed in the public's mind.

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 11:53 AM
It provided a substantive image of a family that defies the narrative that the right wing has tried to imbed in the public's mind.

They put on a good show for the cameras in other words?

Donger
08-26-2008, 11:54 AM

What narrative is that?

alpha_omega
08-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Overall an impressive speech, but this piece bothered me a little.

...when I first met Barack was that even though he had this funny name, even though he'd grown up all the way across the continent in Hawaii...

Maybe this is not what she meant to say, or maybe i am misunderstanding what she said, but i would think that "across the ocean", "across the world", or something like that would have been better (and more accurate). Maybe i am being over critical, but it seems that all these politicians (and their spouses) point out each others mistakes...so i figured i should point this one out.

Not taking sides one way or the other....just pointing out what i perceived to be a mistake.

irishjayhawk
08-26-2008, 11:58 AM
You're missing the point.

I'm referring to the fact that people see the Obama's as "elitist", though both came from humble beginnings, attended and graduated from Ivy League schools and have years of public service on their record.

I think it's stupid when people make a big deal out of McCain's 12 or however many homes that he owns. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, with the current tax code as it is, multiple home ownership is the best tax shelter available to wealthy Americans. I really don't think that home ownership is going to be a factor in his ability to lead the nation.

The bottom line is this: Anyone who's running for President SHOULD be highly educated and SHOULD be financially successful. I don't want the guy running the gas station on Cahuenga Blvd running the United States. I want a highly educated, financially successful man or woman running the US.

And if THAT'S somehow "elitist", then our country is in deep, deep trouble.

:clap:

penchief
08-26-2008, 11:58 AM

You seemed okay with Bush and he epitomizes a president with no experience as a leader or a clue about anything whatsoever.

But what makes Bush doubly dangerous is that he thinks he's some sort of messiah on a crusade to impose his ideals on the rest of the world.

penchief
08-26-2008, 12:03 PM
3rd world huh? Interesting.

That's where we're headed, bro. Open your eyes and smell the coffee before it's too late.

All you have to do is observe the trends.

penchief
08-26-2008, 12:05 PM
I honestly fear that our great country is going to be stuck in neutral.

And that pisses me off.

Screw that. We're in reverse and someone has tampered with the brakes.

penchief
08-26-2008, 12:09 PM
They put on a good show for the cameras in other words?

Maybe they exposed the fallacies being perpetuated by sleazemongers in the republican party.

Why do you presume that McCain's unfounded accusations are accurate?

Donger
08-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Maybe they exposed the fallacies being perpetuated by sleazemongers in the republican party.

Why do you presume that McCain's unfounded accusations are accurate?

Again, what fallacies and accusations?

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
That's where we're headed, bro. Open your eyes and smell the coffee before it's too late.

All you have to do is observe the trends.

What would be your definition of a 3rd world country?

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 12:15 PM
That's because I didn't proper punctuate that remark :)
So let me ask you personally.. I'm not sure if you have any kids...

Have you discussed with them the problems with the system and the government here in this country? Or do you try to convince them that everything is hunky dory.

penchief
08-26-2008, 12:16 PM
What narrative is that?

The whole subversive black radical unfamiliar muslim scary Hussein messiah terrorist fist jab ungrateful troop hating elitist hip hop America hating celebrity thing that people like you are perpetuating.

Donger
08-26-2008, 12:19 PM
The whole subversive black radical unfamiliar scary Hussein terrorist fist jab ungrateful troop hating elitist hip hop messiah America hating celebrity thing that people like you are perpetuating.

And, you think her speech "exposed" all those "lies"? How do you know that you simply aren't an easy sell?

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 12:23 PM
So let me ask you personally.. I'm not sure if you have any kids...

Have you discussed with them the problems with the system and the government here in this country? Or do you try to convince them that everything is hunky dory.

He has a NoBama bumper sticker currently on his crib :)

I would discuss a church sermon with him yes. I'm not sure however how I could explain why I've attended a church for 20 years with a Pastor that says such radical hate filled things, such as we deserved 9-11. I guess Obama could tell them it was poor judgement to attend such a church and now Daddy wants to go run for President of the free world.

penchief
08-26-2008, 12:23 PM
And, you think her speech "exposed" all those "lies"? How do you know that you simply aren't an easy sell?

All those things are shallow and based on fear and prejudice. A picture is worth a thousand words and Michelle Obama painted a picture with her speech that contradicts all of those unsubstantiated smears.

Donger
08-26-2008, 12:24 PM
All those things are shallow and based on fear and prejudice. A picture is worth a thousand words and Michelle Obama painted a picture with her speech that contradicts all of those unsubstantiated smears.

Honestly, don't you think that you are overestimating the worth of one speech? Just because you want it to be true, doesn't mean it is.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 12:28 PM
He has a NoBama bumper sticker currently on his crib :)

I would discuss a church sermon with him yes. I'm not sure however how I could explain why I've attended a church for 20 years with a Pastor that says such radical hate filled things, such as we deserved 9-11. I guess Obama could tell them it was poor judgement to attend such a church and now Daddy wants to go run for President of the free world.
I'm asking if you'd explain to your kid, over time, about the holes in the system and the government that you perceive in this country.

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 12:30 PM

He says while wearing his Obama 2008 t-shirt.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I think it did expose those lies. It's regretful you were unable to see it.

That doesn't mean it'll destroy those lies singlehandedly. But those untruths were a whole lot more naked afterwards than they were before.

Donger
08-26-2008, 12:31 PM
I think it did expose those lies. It's regretful you were unable to see it.

That doesn't mean it'll destroy those lies singlehandedly. But those untruths were a whole lot more naked afterwards than they were before.

Well, I'm not easily sold, I suppose. It was just a speech.

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm asking if you'd explain to your kid, over time, about the holes in the system and the government that you perceive in this country.

I guess you are right, Obama probably does tell his kids how evil the USA then.

keg in kc
08-26-2008, 12:32 PM
The Obamas will say or do ANYTHING to convince the people to vote for them.Oh god, oh no, they're politicians. Glad we had you here to unveil that terrible truth.

tiptap
08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Honestly, don't you think that you are overestimating the worth of one speech? Just because you want it to be true, doesn't mean it is.

As opposed to the words of others who would speak for her in order to put her in a bad framing for their political ends. Well yeah yes I start with how she wants to begin outlining her life. I expect lots of color and pattern to that weave.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 12:34 PM
I guess you are right, Obama probably does tell his kids how evil the USA then.
I'm asking for an honest conversation, if you'll have it.

Do you think that, at some point, you'll be sharing with your kid(s) your views on the imperfect system and government that we have in this country?

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Well considering that the suspicions that you and other people have cited have arisen out of past things that she's said, perhaps a speech was an adequate answer.

Of course, I hope it continues.

penchief
08-26-2008, 12:36 PM
What would be your definition of a 3rd world country?

One in which people are subjected to subpar living conditions, slave wages, no access to quality health care or education, an inferior infrastructure, widespread poverty and crime, a large disparity between rich and poor, the suppression of freedoms, and little or no recourse to change things via democratic institutions.

And no, we are not there yet. But clearly we are trending in that direction at a frightening pace. Corporate elitism is selling this country out and it's going right over a lot of people's heads.

penchief
08-26-2008, 12:38 PM

Of course, it doesn't change the minds of people like you. But any objective person who had only previously heard the smears would be able to recognize the disconnect between what they saw and heard with their own eyes and ears and what they were being sold by professional smear merchants.

What I'm saying is that anyone who saw her speech is going to have a positive image to weigh future republican smears against. Which will make those smears appear more like what they really are; nothing more than the politics of personal destruction.

Ari Chi3fs
08-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Perhaps you can sublet Alec Baldwin's overseas apartment, since he'll be moving back once Bush leaves office.

I rike Arec Barrwin

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 12:45 PM

That was her goal and thats always beem Husseins goal "To tell the people what they want to hear" even when they are lying through their teeth!

These people are scary!

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 12:47 PM
McCain has no clue about anything either. Just ask him an economics question.

ROFL

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm asking for an honest conversation, if you'll have it.

Do you think that, at some point, you'll be sharing with your kid(s) your views on the imperfect system and government that we have in this country?

Yes, but didn't you imply Obama does not with his kids?

whatsmynameagain
08-26-2008, 12:51 PM

you are not even capable of simple reasoning. you have some serious issues and were not talking magazines. your inability to give someone the benefit of the doubt is insane. if I had to guess you're probably between 5'1-5'8

Posted via Mobile Device

Tiger's Fan
08-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Of course, it doesn't change the minds of people like you. But any objective person who had only previously heard the smears would be able to recognize the disconnect between what they saw and heard with their own eyes and ears and what they were being sold by professional smear merchants.

What I'm saying is that anyone who saw her speech is going to have a positive image to weigh future republican smears against. Which will make those smears appear more like what they really are; nothing more than the politics of personal destruction.

I guess I'm confused. Are you refering to the words that came out of her mouth about her husband running for office being the first time in her adult life that she was actually proud of 'her" country? Those smears? And was her speech last night supposed to negate her very own words? What words are we to believe?

Donger
08-26-2008, 12:54 PM
you are not even capable of simple reasoning. you have some serious issues and were not talking magazines. your inability to give someone the benefit of the doubt is insane. if I had to guess you're probably between 5'1-5'8

Posted via Mobile Device

Well, you'd be wrong. I'm 6'0"

Anyway, considering what Michelle has said and written, I don't see why anyone would give her the benefit of the doubt.

penchief
08-26-2008, 12:54 PM
That was her goal and thats always beem Husseins goal "To tell the people what they want to hear" even when they are lying through their teeth!

These people are scary!

You are scary, my friend. It dismays me that you have so much blind hatred in your heart. You will believe the unfounded smears of the republican party before you will believe what you see and hear with your own eyes and ears.

Those are two beautiful, well-mannered, dignified little girls they are rearing. They are clearly excellent parents. It takes integrity to be a good parent.

Also, it would have taken all the virtues that she cited last night for the Obamas to start out in life where they did and end up where they are now. That is undeniable. For you to continue perpetuating the evil Obama narrative is either dishonest or exposes you as a gullible bitter partisan with no objectivity.

Tiger's Fan
08-26-2008, 12:57 PM
You are scary, my friend. It dismays me that you have so much blind hatred in your heart. You will believe the unfounded smears of the republican party before you will believe what you see and hear with your own eyes and ears.

Those are two beautiful, well-mannered, dignified little girls they are rearing. They are clearly excellent parents. It takes integrity to be a good parent.

Also, it would have taken all the virtues that she cited last night for the Obamas to start out in life where they did and end up where they are now. That is undeniable. For you to continue perpetuating the evil Obama narrative is either dishonest or exposes you as a gullible bitter partisan with no objectivity.

Please. The way you ramble on shows you have absoltely no objectivity and you're as partisan as they come. I'll admit that I am, why won't you?

Donger
08-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Heh. I wonder if Biden will cry during his speech?

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=5658898

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes, but didn't you imply Obama does not with his kids?
Well, I honestly don't think he has, but because his oldest kid is something like 12 and doesn't care, not because he's looking to imbue in them a sense of antipatriotism.

It's a traditional family, BCD. The Obamas have been married with not even a whiff of adulterous rumors around them (fingers crossed, right?), both of them successful parents who've earned their success and active in their two kids' lives.

You can disapprove of virtually every policy they stand for and not get a personal complaint from me. But they are as representative of the core American family as any family in the limelight could be.

gblowfish
08-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Maybe when Obama becomes the Prez he'll buy his wifey some mooglies....

A little silicone and a weekend at Walter Reed = one happy commander in chief!

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Heh. I wonder if Biden will cry during his speech?

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=5658898
BOO EMOTION

Donger
08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
BOO EMOTION

Kind of reminded me if Dick Vermeil. Remember when Bush teared up after 9/11?

penchief
08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Please. The way you ramble on shows you have absoltely no objectivity and you're as partisan as they come. I'll admit that I am, why won't you?

Because I'm not. I'm a moderate. I'm actually very conservative on a lot of issues. I'm liberal on a lot of issues. I vote democratic because the republican party has been hijacked by business crooks and war profiteers.

But the issue of presidential campaigns and the way republicans throw decency out the window is an issue that I've become highly agitated about over the years. I'm getting sick of tactics that disgrace our democratic process and render it ineffective. It's very frustrating to watch a steady dumbing down of the process lend itself to the usurpation of our government by corrupt interests.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Kind of reminded me if Dick Vermeil.
Me too, honestly. Give him some glasses and they'd look pretty similar.

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Well, I honestly don't think he has, but because his oldest kid is something like 12 and doesn't care, not because he's looking to imbue in them a sense of antipatriotism.

It's a traditional family, BCD. The Obamas have been married with not even a whiff of adulterous rumors around them (fingers crossed, right?), both of them successful parents who've earned their success and active in their two kids' lives.

You can disapprove of virtually every policy they stand for and not get a personal complaint from me. But they are as representative of the core American family as any family in the limelight could be.

And my point being the clap of the hands at one or Pastor Wrights radical remarks blows the image out of the water.

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 01:11 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Your inability to use the shift key causes you to lose all credance.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 01:15 PM
And my point being the clap of the hands at one or Pastor Wrights radical remarks blows the image out of the water.
Why? So he goes to a weird-ass church that says offensive things.

How does that change the fact that the Obamas have had, by all public records, two independently successful careers built on their own hard work, a shared marriage that has produced two children whose lives they participate in often?

How does that change the fact that Obama has never espoused or publicly supported, over his entire recorded lifetime, any of those extreme political views of Wright? Or that Obama has actually been the second-most forthright regarding his religion of ALL the 20-some candidates that ran for office this winter (Huckter takes 1st)?

If you're going to hold this stupid church against Obama (which by the way, he's since left as Wright flew further and further off the handle) as some sort of proof that his family isn't typical, despite all these other factors, than I don't know what typical is.

I have a couple friends that go to this insane Christian church in north Springfield where people dress up in robes and twirl glowsticks for half an hour. I guess they're not typical despite everything else I know about them. My grandparents went to this church in town that denied memberships to African Americans. I guess they're not typical Americans despite everything I know about them. I don't go to church at ALL. I guess I'm not typical.

These words mean less and less as we define them more and more narrowly. Does a crazy church that espouses crazy rhetoric disqualify one from being typical, even if everything else about them is typical?

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 01:16 PM

Yeah. You gotta admit they put on a pretty good show. They will suck in every gullible non thinking person in the audience.

Friendo
08-26-2008, 01:16 PM

heh--where's Rod Serling when you need him? the RW flamethrowers on here are tailor made for a TZ episode: cue the theme...

"meet one BigCatDaddy...at this moment, he's an offended white male, struggling with a transitioning world. But in a moment his whole world will be turned upside down as he's about to be transformed into a radical Black Panther of the 60's fighting for Civil Rights........up ahead...

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah. You gotta admit they put on a pretty good show. They will suck in every gullible non thinking person in the audience.
Weren't you the guy tht posted a YouTube of a black preacher calling Obama "the same man" as Hitler, and you praised the guy for knowing what he's talking about?

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Why? So he goes to a weird-ass church that says offensive things.

How does that change the fact that the Obamas have had, by all public records, two independently successful careers built on their own hard work, a shared marriage that has produced two children whose lives they participate in often?

How does that change the fact that Obama has never espoused or publicly supported, over his entire recorded lifetime, any of those extreme political views of Wright? Or that Obama has actually been the second-most forthright regarding his religion of ALL the 20-some candidates that ran for office this winter (Huckter takes 1st)?

If you're going to hold this stupid church against Obama (which by the way, he's since left as Wright flew further and further off the handle) as some sort of proof that his family isn't typical, despite all these other factors, than I don't know what typical is.

I have a couple friends that go to this insane Christian church in north Springfield where people dress up in robes and twirl glowsticks for half an hour. I guess they're not typical despite everything else I know about them. My grandparents went to this church in town that denied memberships to African Americans. I guess they're not typical Americans despite everything I know about them. I don't go to church at ALL. I guess I'm not typical.

These words mean less and less as we fail to accurately define them. Does a crazy church that espouses crazy rhetoric disqualify one from being typical, even if everything else about them is typical?

Not from being typical, but from being practical and forthright when they've been attending for 20 ****ing years!!!!!!!

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Weren't you the guy tht posted a YouTube of a black preacher calling Obama "the same man" as Hitler, and you praised the guy for knowing what he's talking about?

Mmmmmm........Let me think...:hmmm:........Yep!

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Mmmmmm........Let me think...:hmmm:........Yep!
So tell me why I should give a flip about what you have to say about gullibility and bewaring people who will say anything to win support?

Mr. Laz
08-26-2008, 01:27 PM
well ..... there's another good reason to vote for Obama

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 01:36 PM
So tell me why I should give a flip about what you have to say about gullibility and bewaring people who will say anything to win support?

Because that minister was not a LIAR!

BucEyedPea
08-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Hey look! I happened to see her speech and I thought she came across awesome and did a warm, real but not slick polished Madison Ave job of delivery it. I just didn't care for the end when she said pre-school and healthcare. But I am not in that camp to begin with. She still did a fine job. I was impressed with her.

Calcountry
08-26-2008, 03:07 PM
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking gal, I mean, that's a storybook, man."
I thought he was only Half African, Half American?

WTF?

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey, Hog Farmer. Kill yourself.

http://i36.tinypic.com/j5ui9x.png

Logical
08-26-2008, 03:16 PM

or was I supposed to read that as

In one case I guess I should be happy for you to have a companion

in the other

My reaction is Ewwwwww.

penchief
08-26-2008, 03:46 PM
He says while wearing his Obama 2008 t-shirt.

Actually I was a Biden guy from the start.

penchief
08-26-2008, 03:50 PM

Wow. I can't believe how astute you are.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 03:56 PM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/bizarre/2008/08/man-reacts-nega.html

Man reacts negatively to Michelle Obama speech; SWAT team called

The man stood outside his RV, yelling and shooting a gun into the air. When Pasco sheriff's deputies confronted him, he ran inside and wouldn't come out, according to Tampabay.com.

That started a six-hour standoff late Monday night between the man, whose name was not released, and authorities, Sheriff's Office spokesman Kevin Doll said.

SWAT team units arrived later and surrounded the RV, Doll said. As the situation entered the early hours of this morning, SWAT team members fired riot gas into the man's home. He still wouldn't come out, Doll said.

Finally, about 5 a.m., he exited his RV and was taken into custody. The cause of his displeasure, according to Doll, was Michelle Obama's speech last night at the Democratic National Convention.

Doll said the man will undergo a psychological evaluation.

Adept Havelock
08-26-2008, 04:14 PM

That's one decent reason to hold my nose and vote for Obama, I suppose.

VAChief
08-26-2008, 04:20 PM

You know we have endured possibly the most ignorant and inept administration in the modern era and yet I would never consider leaving my country or giving up on her. I believe that although flawed by humans in power from time to time it is the still the best governmental framework in the history of civilization.

Of course I also believe in free will so feel free to pack up your little piggies and see how they feel about Billy Bob's south of the border.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 06:03 PM
How many times did she quote Saul Alinsky? Just asking.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 06:12 PM
How many times did she quote Saul Alinsky? Just asking.
Count for yourself.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/la4b_NgEro4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/la4b_NgEro4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8iHGu8NTESI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8iHGu8NTESI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

memyselfI
08-26-2008, 06:13 PM
I think she looked so stiff and fake that she seemed almost rObotic. She seemed like a cold fish with no real sincerity. Sure, she could have just been nervous but it would seem that would make you seem more human but she seemed more robotic.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 06:14 PM
I think she looked so stiff and fake that she seemed almost rObotic. She seemed like a cold fish with no real sincerity. Sure, she could have just been nervous but it would seem that would make you seem more human but she seemed more robotic.
Well I guess this is just two people with different opinions, but I thought she performed extremely well stylistically. You can tell she's been coached in her public speaking. She is remarkably better.

I think calling her cold and robotic is unfair.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
ir.

Thanks for the links, but I saved myself a trip:

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/08/figures-michelle-obama-quotes-lines.html

"Barack stood up that day," talking about a visit to Chicago neighborhoods, "and spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about “The world as it is” and “The world as it should be..."

And, "All of us driven by a simple belief that the world as it is just won’t do – that we have an obligation to fight for the world as it should be."
Here’s an excerpt from Chapter 2 of Saul Alinsky’s book, Rules for Radicals:

"The means-and-ends moralists, constantly obsessed with the ethics of the means used by the Have-Nots against the Haves, should search themselves as to their real political position. In fact, they are passive — but real — allies of the Haves…The most unethical of all means is the non-use of any means... The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be."

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the links, but I saved myself a trip:

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/08/figures-michelle-obama-quotes-lines.html

"Barack stood up that day," talking about a visit to Chicago neighborhoods, "and spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about “The world as it is” and “The world as it should be..."

And, "All of us driven by a simple belief that the world as it is just won’t do – that we have an obligation to fight for the world as it should be."
Here’s an excerpt from Chapter 2 of Saul Alinsky’s book, Rules for Radicals:

"The means-and-ends moralists, constantly obsessed with the ethics of the means used by the Have-Nots against the Haves, should search themselves as to their real political position. In fact, they are passive — but real — allies of the Haves…The most unethical of all means is the non-use of any means... The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be."
I'm as open to your cause as anybody, but that's a bit of a reach, SHTSPRAYER.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm as open to your cause as anybody, but that's a bit of a reach, SHTSPRAYER.

That was my visceral reaction as well, but if you look at the pattern and history and associations of the Obamas/Dunhams/Soetero's, I can see the point trying to be made....

Reaper16
08-26-2008, 06:26 PM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/bizarre/2008/08/man-reacts-nega.html

Man reacts negatively to Michelle Obama speech; SWAT team called

The man stood outside his RV, yelling and shooting a gun into the air. When Pasco sheriff's deputies confronted him, he ran inside and wouldn't come out, according to Tampabay.com.

That started a six-hour standoff late Monday night between the man, whose name was not released, and authorities, Sheriff's Office spokesman Kevin Doll said.

SWAT team units arrived later and surrounded the RV, Doll said. As the situation entered the early hours of this morning, SWAT team members fired riot gas into the man's home. He still wouldn't come out, Doll said.

Finally, about 5 a.m., he exited his RV and was taken into custody. The cause of his displeasure, according to Doll, was Michelle Obama's speech last night at the Democratic National Convention.

Doll said the man will undergo a psychological evaluation.
ClevelandBronco?

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 06:30 PM
That was my visceral reaction as well, but if you look at the pattern and history and associations of the Obamas/Dunhams/Soetero's, I can see the point trying to be made....
Oh dear god, I just checked out like the last five pages of Gateway Pundit.

That website is batshit crazy, SHTSPRAYER. Even for you, man.

You will admit there are rightwingers out there that are too crazy for you, right?

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Oh dear god, I just checked out like the last five pages of Gateway Pundit.

That website is batshit crazy, SHTSPRAYER. Even for you, man.

You will admit there are rightwingers out there that are too crazy for you, right?

I guess. I never read the site before, I word search Alinsky/Michelle Obama and that was my first link.

Look, you know Obama is an Alinsky disciple, right? So I'll give gateway pundit the benefit of the doubt making the connection.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I guess. I never read the site before, I word search Alinsky/Michelle Obama and that was my first link.

Look, you know Obama is an Alinsky disciple, right? So I'll give gateway pundit the benefit of the doubt making the connection.
If you want to make the case, you can make the case.

But pulling 12 words out of an outstanding speech that had so little to do with policy is, again, a bit of a stretch.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 07:01 PM
ClevelandBronco?He hasn't been here since last night.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 07:25 PM
If you want to make the case, you can make the case.

But pulling 12 words out of an outstanding speech that had so little to do with policy is, again, a bit of a stretch.

I concede.

Messier
08-26-2008, 07:26 PM

Really? I would say the exact opposite, but then maybe it's because I like her and I know you want to hate her.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 07:27 PM
I concede.Now it's your turn to endorse Direckshun!

***SPRAYER
08-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Now it's your turn to endorse Direckshun!

Good luck pulling that trick with MemyselfandI.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Good luck pulling that trick with MemyselfandI.Just you wait. By the time the ChiefsPlanet convention comes around, she'll be ready to support Direckshun wholeheartedly.

HonestChieffan
08-26-2008, 10:43 PM
The best line of the night was how she left a big law firm job to work in public service ( job at Hospital pays her $316,000 a year plus change and her directorship of another company pays over $100,000.

These people will climb a greased flagpole to tell a lie before they would stand on the ground and tell the truth.

Her references to her struggle and our journey made me want to gag.

Good news is she helped zero in Obamas behalf.

J Diddy
08-26-2008, 11:29 PM
The best line of the night was how she left a big law firm job to work in public service ( job at Hospital pays her $316,000 a year plus change and her directorship of another company pays over $100,000.

These people will climb a greased flagpole to tell a lie before they would stand on the ground and tell the truth.

Her references to her struggle and our journey made me want to gag.

Good news is she helped zero in Obamas behalf.

you seem like an expert

on climbing greased poles

patteeu
08-27-2008, 06:27 AM

Yeah, young people are great, but it's even more important to have a grown-up in that particular house.

patteeu
08-27-2008, 06:31 AM

This post is the height of irony.

patteeu
08-27-2008, 06:35 AM
McCain's gaffe had serious implications about his current living style and therefore his ability to foresee issues with our economy.

Obama's gaffe implies... what, exactly? That he's in a different city every night?

Serious implications? :spock:

If I thought our POTUS needed to live in a modest home, drive a beater, and work a second job to make ends meet in order to foresee issues with our economy, I might think you have a point.

Knowing how many investment properties his wife owns at any given moment doesn't really seem to have any particularly serious implications to me.

patteeu
08-27-2008, 06:47 AM

You haven't heard of the potential scandal involving Obama's gay sexcapades? Those count as adulterous rumors don't they?

Duck Dog
08-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Are there really white people here that are still going to vote for Obama Hussain?

Messier
08-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Serious implications? :spock:

If I thought our POTUS needed to live in a modest home, drive a beater, and work a second job to make ends meet in order to foresee issues with our economy, I might think you have a point.

Knowing how many investment properties his wife owns at any given moment doesn't really seem to have any particularly serious implications to me.

It's not that big of a deal, but it didn't look good. It made him look out of touch, and that's what comes out of this.

whatsmynameagain
08-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Are there really white people here that are still going to vote for Obama Hussain?

you should have been shot when you were born

Posted via Mobile Device

Messier
08-27-2008, 07:41 AM

Ah...the Republican base.

whatsmynameagain
08-27-2008, 07:45 AM
You haven't heard of the potential scandal involving Obama's gay sexcapades? Those count as adulterous rumors don't they?

its getting released when the whitey tape comes out and the one where obama wipes his ass with he american flag after taking a huge shit on the bible, DUH!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Hog Farmer
08-27-2008, 07:53 AM
Now there's another perk for voting Obama... Hog Farmers leaves the country.

Where I'll be going they'll still have the intraweb. :p

Duck Dog
08-27-2008, 08:08 AM
you should have been shot when you were born

Posted via Mobile Device

I see a whole new version of dumb **** has arrived.

whatsmynameagain
08-27-2008, 08:18 AM
I see a whole new version of dumb **** has arrived.

you're the old version? if you act like a racist expect hatred.

Posted via Mobile Device

Duck Dog
08-27-2008, 08:20 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Racist? What said was racist?

BigChiefFan
08-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Where I'll be going they'll still have the intraweb. :pYea, but not many places let you OWN land outside of the states, so happy renting.

J Diddy
08-27-2008, 12:58 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

yeah

I'll hate you if you hate me