PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Obama gaffe, Is his daughter sharp ?

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Last night when they brought Obama on video to compliment his wifes speech, he was in Kansas City. Then Obama went on to introduce the people he was with, saying they are in St Louis ......

Obama's daughter caught it too, ( or was told ) Daddy, where are you ?

Obama : Kansas City .

It goes without saying,That Obama makes plenty of gaffe's too, just as McCain does.

Dallas Chief
08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Last night when they brought Obama on video to compliment his wifes speech, he was in Kansas City. Then Obama went on to introduce the people he was with, saying they are in St Louis ......

It goes without saying,That Obama makes plenty of gaffe's too, just as McCain does.

Yep they do. I fail to see the big deal in any of it??? Think about how much these guys travel, how many people they meet, shaking hands, kissing babies, etc. etc. etc. Much ado about nothing. People trying to make news where there is none.

It's no wonder they get mixed up on the small details. I travel a couple of times every month and I get mixed up on where I've been and where I am going.

Gotta filter the BS...

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 11:01 AM
I've posted this in another thread but I'll ask it here, too.

McCain's gaffe had serious implications about his current living style and therefore his ability to foresee issues with our economy.

Obama's gaffe implies... what, exactly? That he's in a different city every night?

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Yep they do. I fail to see the big deal in any of it??? Think about how much these guys travel, how many people they meet, shaking hands, kissing babies, etc. etc. etc. Much ado about nothing. People trying to make news where there is none.

It's no wonder they get mixed up on the small details. I travel a couple of times every month and I get mixed up on where I've been and where I am going.

Gotta filter the BS...

Exactly my point, but if McCain does ,it's because he is old & stupid .

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 11:08 AM
McCain's gaffe had serious implications about his current living style and therefore his ability to foresee issues with our economy.

I disagree, more like he wasn't prepared to answer it, that he needed to check and see how many he had. Say what if he was involved with buying a couple for investment , but wasn't closed on them. He could have been unsure, some of them were condo's if I'm not mistaken. Does that qualify as a house , one that he lives in.

Seriously thou, WTF does it matter how many houses he has ? I have yet to get a straight answer on this and how it affects the issues on running for the POTUS.

Dallas Chief
08-26-2008, 11:23 AM

No it doesn't show that at all. How about wanting to be accurate about it? Is this the stuff you really want to focus on? Stupid answers to irrellevant baiting questions? Who cares how many houses he has? Is this how we are going to start measuring our representatives? If that's the case the flood gates of this kind of crap will open up on both sides.

How about Obama's response to the "Life" question by Rick Warren? A valid election year issue. Above my pay grade??? Talk about a lame answer. Do I hold it agianst him? No, becasue I'm not going to vote for him anyway. He did what he had to do to avoid a slippery slope in what could be considered a more McCain friendly audience. If he had said the same thing as McCain he would have been skewered by his own party. If he stood firm and said he was for Choice, no doubt about it, he would have lost his audience completely. As a politician he did what he had to do- albeit somewhat ungracefully.

Chiefnj2
08-26-2008, 11:24 AM

No, it's the hypocrisy of it. McCain and his camp have tried to paint Obama as an elitist. When you are wearing $500 dollar plus shoes and don't know how many homes you own than it is a bit hypocritical to say the other guy is an elitist while you try to come across as the average joe maverick.

Dallas Chief
08-26-2008, 11:45 AM
No, it's the hypocrisy of it. McCain and his camp have tried to paint Obama as an elitist. When you are wearing $500 dollar plus shoes and don't know how many homes you own than it is a bit hypocritical to say the other guy is an elitist while you try to come across as the average joe maverick.

Elitism is not synonymous with wealthy. I wear $400 shoes, so what? I'm not elitist or wealthy. I just like nice dress shoes.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Obama actually said Kansas City first. Then, when he was introducing the family he was with, he said St. Louis, and after that his daughter asked him where he was, and he said Kansas City.

DaneMcCloud
08-26-2008, 11:50 AM

Well, there is no denying that he IS old. He'll be the oldest non-incumbent presidental nominee in American history.

If he's elected, he'd be 72 at the start of his term and I seriously doubt he'll make it through the stress of the job to complete his first term.

His choice of a VP running mate will be crucial in determining his success at the polls.

Anyone that claims he is "stupid" is an idiotic fool who's opinion should be dismissed immediately.

beer bacon
08-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Elitism is not synonymous with wealthy. I wear $400 shoes, so what? I'm not elitist or wealthy. I just like nice dress shoes.

Elitist is designing your economic policy around the idea that America is "a nation of whiners."

irishjayhawk
08-26-2008, 11:52 AM
ANOTHER SWEET ROY THREAD!!!!!

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 12:06 PM
ANOTHER SWEET ROY THREAD!!!!!

I GUESS SO ..... maybe it's just fun to watch the Obots squirm like worms.:D

I was baiting the hook why an Obama gaffe is OK, but a McCain isn't .

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 12:11 PM
I disagree, more like he wasn't prepared to answer it, that he needed to check and see how many he had.
Um... that's not what the situation implied. You're just telling me what happened.

If the kid's not sure on how many houses he owns, it implies that he may not understand as well as most the economic crises we're enduring.

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 12:12 PM
No it doesn't show that at all. How about wanting to be accurate about it? Is this the stuff you really want to focus on? Stupid answers to irrellevant baiting questions? Who cares how many houses he has? Is this how we are going to start measuring our representatives? If that's the case the flood gates of this kind of crap will open up on both sides.

How about Obama's response to the "Life" question by Rick Warren? A valid election year issue. Above my pay grade??? Talk about a lame answer. Do I hold it agianst him? No, becasue I'm not going to vote for him anyway. He did what he had to do to avoid a slippery slope in what could be considered a more McCain friendly audience. If he had said the same thing as McCain he would have been skewered by his own party. If he stood firm and said he was for Choice, no doubt about it, he would have lost his audience completely. As a politician he did what he had to do- albeit somewhat ungracefully.
I don't know how Obama giving a lame answer on abortion takes away the fact that McCain's answer was lame on his own lifestyle.

HolmeZz
08-26-2008, 12:18 PM
How about Obama's response to the "Life" question by Rick Warren? A valid election year issue. Above my pay grade??? Talk about a lame answer.

By lame do I assume you mean completely honest? Anybody who tells you with certainty when life truly begins, is full of it. They know no more than you or I.

A lame answer is doing what McCain did, which was say life begins at conception, then completely contradict himself by saying he supported embryonic stem cell research.

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 12:25 PM
By lame do I assume you mean completely honest? Anybody who tells you with certainty when life truly begins, is full of it. They know no more than you or I.

Just Ask God .........

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Just Ask God .........
Well I've read the Word.

Seems to be missing from there...

HolmeZz
08-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Just Ask God .........

Yeah, hold on, let me get him on the horn.

Dallas Chief
08-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Elitist is designing your economic policy around the idea that America is "a nation of whiners."

To which policy are you referring? I'm not sure I follow...

Donger
08-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Considering that Michelle and Barack Hussein are both clearly highly intelligent, I would suspect that their offspring share the trait.

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Seems like there a lot of people that has adopted that statement by Obama, ...... that's above my pay scale.

Dallas Chief
08-26-2008, 12:59 PM

A lame answer is doing what McCain did, which was say life begins at conception, then completely contradict himself by saying he supported embryonic stem cell research.

Umm no. That was not completely honest. I think it is a well known fact that Obama is Pro-Choice. The question was not posed as if being asked as a medical/scientific fact. It was asking his VIEW on when a baby gets human rights. Just admit it- he crapped the bed on that answer because either way he couldn't win. Please stop the spin, bro.

Is it possible that McCain views abortion and embryonic stem cell research as two different issues- both presenting their own moral challenges? Are they really two seperate issues or one big intertwined mess? Maybe, I'm not for sure. Maybe he views the research as something positive that can come from a completely legal, yet morally repugnant, issue in his eyes. Then again maybe he is trying to have it both ways. (Probably the case):shake:

Either way, and as a Christian, it is not something I use as a basis for voting. Never have, never will.

RedDread
08-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Just Ask God .........

This was actually what Obama was implying when he answered the question.

whatsmynameagain
08-26-2008, 01:11 PM
when you come out and say you know nothing about the economy, make comments on how strong our economy is, during a housing crisis, it matters. it shows he cannot connect with people in these situations. its something he can't even begin to grasp.

obama got confused what city he was in. was he in st louis earlier in the day or the day before? its apples and oranges.

what's a sunni, oh shite!

Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
08-26-2008, 01:15 PM
when you come out and say you know nothing about the economy, make comments on how strong our economy is, during a housing crisis, it matters. it shows he cannot connect with people in these situations. its something he can't even begin to grasp.

obama got confused what city he was in. was he in st louis earlier in the day or the day before? its apples and oranges.

what's a sunni, oh shite!

Posted via Mobile Device

You're full of shite :)

DeezNutz
08-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Anyone that claims he is "stupid" is an idiotic fool who's opinion should be dismissed immediately.

Well said, Dane.

Anybody who tells you with certainty when life truly begins, is full of it.

"Life"? I bet some scientists would disagree with you.

Frankie
08-26-2008, 01:18 PM

ROFL
This is like comparing bush's "lies" to those of Bill Clinton's. It's not the nature of the gaffs nor even the frequency of them (which I maintain McCain's are a lot more frequent). It's the importance of it. McCain want's to sit on a global powder keg and play with matches. Obama wants to remove the said powder keg. A POTUS sharp of his facculties is far more essential in the latter case. McCain fails to answer that bell.

ROYC75
08-26-2008, 01:21 PM
ROFL
This is like comparing bush's "lies" to those of Bill Clinton's. It's not the nature of the gaffs nor even the frequency of them (which I maintain McCain's are a lot more frequent). It's the importance of it. McCain want's to sit on a global powder keg and play with matches. Obama wants to remove the said powder keg. A POTUS sharp of his facculties is far more essential in the latter case. McCain fails to answer that bell.

Proof ? Or opinion ? Which is it ?

Direckshun
08-26-2008, 01:31 PM
I don't consider this a gaffe, and I would hope Obama supporters wouldn't consider every little mistake McCain says a gaffe either... both candidates are doing this 24/7...
Do you believe Michelle Obama has never been proud of this country before her husband's candidacy?

Calcountry
08-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Obama might as well write off Missouri's electoral votes, confusing KC for St. Louis is an unforgivable offense. Of course, this won't matter in St. Louis.

Hog Farmer
08-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Well I've read the Word.

Seems to be missing from there...

So you claim that you don't attend church yet you've read the bible, possible, but you do fit right in with the Obama campers.

HolmeZz
08-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Umm no. That was not completely honest. I think it is a well known fact that Obama is Pro-Choice. The question was not posed as if being asked as a medical/scientific fact. It was asking his VIEW on when a baby gets human rights. Just admit it- he crapped the bed on that answer because either way he couldn't win. Please stop the spin, bro.

The question was being posed as if there was a truthful answer. Warren asked him specifically when a baby gets human rights. Obama acknowledged the ethical/moral/philosophical part of the equation and came to the conclusion that it wasn't something he's capable of knowing the true answer to(no human is). His above the paygrade comment meant it was something only God would know.

What should have been the answer to his question?

Is it possible that McCain views abortion and embryonic stem cell research as two different issues- both presenting their own moral challenges? Are they really two seperate issues or one big intertwined mess? Maybe, I'm not for sure.

Either the embryo is human life or it's not and McCain said it became human life at conception.

Dallas Chief
08-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Do you believe Michelle Obama has never been proud of this country before her husband's candidacy?

I know I certianly do. It doesn't mean I agree with as she says it "the way the world should be" All of this mincing of words is completely ridiculous.

Rooster
08-26-2008, 02:18 PM
I caught it last night. It's not a big deal IMO. In the last year and a half the guy has taken more dumps at 35,000 ft than he has with his feet on the ground. He got the state correct at least. :D

BucEyedPea
08-26-2008, 02:20 PM

People misspeak. All of us. It isn't always intentional. To make a big deal of such irrelevencies is petty and shows a miserly character imo. You're not doing that here as I can see your pointing it out on both sides. Just sayin.' My guess is he was nervous.

Logical
08-26-2008, 02:36 PM
So you claim that you don't attend church yet you've read the bible, possible, but you do fit right in with the Obama campers.

I have read the bible but don't attend church (at least not since I had a choice after I was about 16. The Bible is excellent fiction if you get one of the Newly written versions that are made to be easily understood. I would recommend it to any Deist, Agnostic or even Atheist.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
She played HARDBALL, man.

Sasha 2040!

http://i36.tinypic.com/j5ui9x.png

There's a photograph in the newly released Esquire Magazine, the one with Barack Obama on the cover. In the center of the frame is his daughter Sasha, eyes wide, mouth open. Michelle's face is crinkled in a tickled laugh. The camera catches the back quarter of Senator Obama. His hand is reaching past his daughter to someone's hand in the crowd to shake. His face is tilted upwards, surveying the crowd obscured in the black background of the photograph. Sasha's yellow hair ribbon is tied in an askew bow and cute as hell. The caption reads "The day after announcing for president in February 2007, Obama greeted a crowd in Chicago. His daughter Sasha, trying to get her father's attention, shouted, 'I love you, Daddy!'"

bigfoot
08-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Obama actually said Kansas City first. Then, when he was introducing the family he was with, he said St. Louis, and after that his daughter asked him where he was, and he said Kansas City.

Flip-flopper.

bigfoot
08-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I can see it now. He meets with Ahmadinejad. Speaks to cheering crowd in Tehran and says. "it's wonderful to be here in Tel-Aviv".

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2008, 09:21 PM
I can see it now. He meets with Ahmadinejad. Speaks to cheering crowd in Tehran and says. "it's wonderful to be here in Tel-Aviv".I can see it now. You stop posting.

J Diddy
08-26-2008, 09:26 PM
I can see it now. You stop posting.

:thumb:

irishjayhawk
08-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Roy was on a roll here, tonight.